PDA

View Full Version : T2X threads?

Geronimo36
06-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Where did T2X commentary threads go about great moments in V-Bottom and Cat history?? :(

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Obviously somebody pi$$ed him off!!!! And being the true gentleman he is he didn't want to offend anyone!!!

jhenrie
06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Bum deal , I was waiting for the Schwartzcraft revival.

OldSchool
06-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Obviously somebody pi$$ed him off!!!! And being the true gentleman he is he didn't want to offend anyone!!!

I just went in and read the V-Bottom thread and I didn't see any of that. I'll check the Cat thread...

DaveP
06-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I've been telling T2x for years that he needs "sensitivity training" :)

The truth of the matter is....is that the truth hurts sometimes and he just calls it the way it is without sugar coating.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 09:16 AM
My guess is he thought they were heading the wrong direction. Hopefully he'll change his mind. Sometimes history threads get going wrong by those who weren't there, (like me:)), and have hearsay instead of facts.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM

The truth of the matter is....is that the truth hurts sometimes and he just calls it the way it is without sugar coating.

Crouse is the same way.

Davidmnc
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
They are gone.:(

OldSchool
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
My guess is he thought they were heading the wrong direction. Hopefully he'll change his mind. Sometimes history threads get going wrong by those who weren't there, (like me:)), and have hearsay instead of facts.

You can't have it both ways. If the thread isn't going the way that one wants it to, they have the option of deleting it :( ;)

DaveP is right, I know that his heart is in the right place, but the delivery always ruffles feathers!:rofl::sifone:

OldSchool
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
They are gone.:(

Not really ;)

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
You can't have it both ways. If the thread isn't going the way that one wants it to, they have the option of deleting it :( ;)

DaveP is right, I know that his heart is in the right place, but the delivery always ruffles feathers!:rofl::sifone:

I almost always enjoy that part of his deliveries. We can't all be politically correct all the time and have any fun......

The only thing I don't like is personal attacks.

Davidmnc
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
I almost always enjoy that part of his deliveries. We can't all be politically correct all the time and have any fun......

The only thing I don't like is personal attacks.

I do also. I may not, and I am sure others do not always agree with the way he says things, but I enjoy his commentary.

Indy
06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Great stuff, those who don't like it should grow a sack.

BUIZILLA
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
boy, i'm going to miss this topic.. :(

MarylandMark
06-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I know that his heart is in the right place, but the delivery always ruffles feathers!

Which is why I love his posts!

Geronimo36
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM

That stinks they're gone!! :(

Well I hope he didn't get upset by my double dildo joke about the "wing"... I was only busting his chops a little...

Besides, if anyone actually takes those posts seriously they need to grow a sack as stated above.

I found them to be entertaining but not something I took seriously... As they say, in most jokes there's usually some truth. So take it as you will!

OldSchool
06-16-2009, 12:03 PM
That stinks they're gone!! :(

Well I hope he didn't get upset by my double dildo joke about the "wing"... I was only busting his chops a little...

Besides, if anyone actually takes those posts seriously they need to grow a sack as stated above.

I found them to be entertaining but not something I took seriously... As they say, in most jokes there's usually some truth. So take it as you will!

He posted after that, so I don't think that was it. there really doesn't appear to be any one thing in thread that should have caused him to take his ball and leave the playground....maybe something in PM??? I'm sure we'll find out in due time...

He didn't post anything in there that is any different than the past posts. Maybe someone took offense to him saying that only a complete idiot would run over 120 in an open boat???

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Maybe someone took offense to him saying that only a complete idiot would run over 120 in an open boat???

I'm sure he never has.........:sifone:

fund razor
06-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Bummer.

Dude! Sweet!
06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Well that stinks... I really enjoy Rich's commentary, forthrightness, historical perspective and willingness to express his opinion without reservation.

I'm always amazed when some F'tard that has owned a 35 Fountain or 38 Top Gun for two years gets on the threads and starts pulling the whole "what do you know, who the F are you..." nonsense with Rich.

I've got a ton of respect for the guy and his willingness to participate in this internet nonsense (as I do with others who've "been there and done it").

C'mon back Rich!

ar15meister
06-16-2009, 01:56 PM
his posts were awesome. Shame.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Well that stinks... I really enjoy Rich's commentary, forthrightness, historical perspective and willingness to express his opinion without reservation.

I'm always amazed when some F'tard that has owned a 35 Fountain or 38 Top Gun for two years gets on the threads and starts pulling the whole "what do you know, who the F are you..." nonsense with Rich.

I've got a ton of respect for the guy and his willingness to participate in this internet nonsense (as I do with others who've "been there and done it").

C'mon back Rich!

If there is an "Icon" under the name, respect has been earned not given.....

cigdaze
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Damn shame I tell ya. :(
They had the making of great threads. Truth hurts, I suppose, but history is history.

Davidmnc
06-16-2009, 02:04 PM
It was requested of him to put those threads up by the members here. It is a shame some people do not have respect. I hope he reads this thread and reconsiders.

Knot 4 Me
06-16-2009, 02:17 PM
IMHO, he should be allowed to place those historical threads up to where he is the only one that can post to them. If the peanut gallery wants to question something in them, start a separate thread. The historical information needs to be accessible without having to wade through any irrelevant BS. I would think an icon is due that courtesy.

fund razor
06-16-2009, 02:20 PM

C'mon back Rich!

Well put Sean.

fund razor
06-16-2009, 02:20 PM
IMHO, he should be allowed to place those historical threads up to where he is the only one that can post to them. If the peanut gallery wants to question something in them, start a separate thread. The historical information needs to be accessible without having to wade through any irrelevant BS. I would think an icon is due that courtesy.

Also a great point.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM

It will be discussed. I'm not sure they would want it that way though. They do enjoy talking and answering questions about the things they've seen and done.

fund razor
06-16-2009, 02:33 PM
It will be discussed. I'm not sure they would want it that way though. They do enjoy talking and answering questions about the things they've seen and done.

Maybe if they are able to get the original story out intact.... and the have discussion perhaps.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Maybe if they are able to get the original story out intact.... and the have discussion perhaps.

Certainly worth discussion by the Icons and Founders.

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
I will try to call him later and talk to him!!!!

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Come On Rich bring back the commentary of the yesteryears

Geronimo36
06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Truth hurts, I suppose, but history is history.

Kinda like the Apache threads!!!:ack2::sifone:

Yeah, I said it! :)

Ted
06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
We have the theads in quarantine and are working on a way to satisfy Rich and the other members, stay tuned.

cigdaze
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Kinda like the Apache threads!!!:ack2::sifone:Nothing like that. No one's ever tried to re-write Apache history.
:26:

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Nothing like that. No one's ever tried to re-write Apache history.
:26:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Geronimo36
06-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Even T2X included Apache in his chronicle and it happens to be correct!;)

Smarty
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
The threads are deleted, that is some bullsh*t. He is knowledgeable, direct, and opinionated. I like the cut of his jib. Maybe some people will learn a thing or two, I do when he has something to say.

OldSchool
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
The threads are deleted, that is some bullsh*t. He is knowledgeable, direct, and opinionated. I like the cut of his jib. Maybe some people will learn a thing or two, I do when he has something to say.

Ummm, just to clarify, he deleted them. Send a PM and ask him to start a new one. Or ask him to have us restore them. :)

Craig

fund razor
06-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I like the cut of his jib.

Okey dokey then.

Smarty
06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Ummm, just to clarify, he deleted them. Send a PM and ask him to start a new one. Or ask him to have us restore them. :)

Craig

Sorry Craig....

phragle
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I like the cut of his jib.

Damn blow boaters are trying to infiltrate, the buffoonery is unpalatable I tell you. Utterly preposterous!

shifter
06-17-2009, 01:40 AM
I was going to make espresso.......

pat W:sifone:

Big Time
06-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Maybe on certain threads only Icon's can reply? Might keep a lot of the bull$hit out...

Indy
06-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Might keep a lot of the bull$hit out...

Might keep some good stuff out too. I've found over the years T2x deals with the idiots quickly, everyone knows who they are and their agenda and the thread moves on. Besides...I love delicate way T2x deals with the morons :)

Ratickle
06-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Besides...I love delicate way T2x deals with the morons :)

:rofl: :26: :rofl:

Delicate, yep!!!!!

Sean Stinson
06-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Look I talked to Rich yesterday....He has been posting on those threads between the sites for 8 years....He has some other interests occupying a substantial portion of his time he used to dedicate to posting and needs to take a break/vacation from the threads to concentrate on his other interests!!!!

Smarty
06-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Damn blow boaters are trying to infiltrate, the buffoonery is unpalatable I tell you. Utterly preposterous!

Now that's funny/witty. I was in Sarasota, FL two weeks ago, and a older man at the Ritz Carlton, said to his wife,"that is utterly prepostertous." I started laughing, and just couldn't stop. I finally told old Thurston (they dressed as if they were Thurston Howell and Lovey from Gilligan's Island) to settle down, and have a beer with me. The look of contempt/disgust from him I got, from ol Thurston, made me laugh even harder. It was the same look we get from sailboaters, sometimes. But I even wave hello & goodbye when I pass the sailboats.

You made me laugh, thanks

Tom A.
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Look I talked to Rich yesterday....He has been posting on those threads between the sites for 8 years....He has some other interests occupying a substantial portion of his time he used to dedicate to posting and needs to take a break/vacation from the threads to concentrate on his other interests!!!!

Good to hear, we can wait for winter to relive all the glory days!

GENERAL LEE
06-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Yep, and that's why T2x is one of the few remaining guys that will post about historical, and modern performance boat information on the forums anymore. He likely would have been gone with the rest of them long ago, if he didn't enjoy firing back at the people you mentioned....god love him!:rofl:

If he's gone, it looks like the peanut gallery finally ran off one of the last historians. Sweet, can't wait to read about problems with someones head not flushing correctly all day. :(

NORTECHJ
06-17-2009, 10:53 AM
If he's gone, it looks like the peanut gallery finally ran off one of the last historians. Sweet, can't wait to read about problems with someones head not flushing correctly all day. :(dead on!

TMS1155
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Head is very important on HP boats today! only place to get rid of the bullsh**

FastDonzi
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM
"Head" is more Important than "The Head" I can Sh*t in the water:)

TGC-32
06-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Yep, and that's why T2x is one of the few remaining guys that will post about historical, and modern performance boat information on the forums anymore. He likely would have been gone with the rest of them long ago, if he didn't enjoy firing back at the people you mentioned....god love him!:rofl:

If he's gone, it looks like the peanut gallery finally ran off one of the last historians. Sweet, can't wait to read about problems with someones head not flushing correctly all day. :(

Kinda like Joni Mitchell said: "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you got till it's gone..."

Here's hoping Rich is back soon enough with his always insightful views on things. Serious and OSO and their members benefit greatly from his experience and knowledge.

I am looking forward to seeing Rich on Friday evening at the NY City Poker Run.

Tom Caruso
Total Marine

Geronimo36
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Come on Rich, put em back up!!! Just cause they're up don't mean you have to keep up with them!!!

DaveP
06-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Rich and Darren are great friends and until you have the opportunity to sit with them and the likes of a Bob Saccenti, a Brownie, Charlie McCarthy or anyone else who has "Lived It" you have no idea how much knowledge they have about the sport, the boats and the history that made the sport as we know it today.

Thus when "wanna be know it all idiots" get on the message boards from time from time and don't have a clue before they run thier mouths............should be seen and not heard.

Sean Stinson
06-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Rich and Darren are great friends and until you have the opportunity to sit with them and the likes of a Bob Saccenti, a Brownie, Charlie McCarthy or anyone else who has "Lived It" you have no idea how much knowledge they have about the sport, the boats and the history that made the sport as we know it today.

Thus when "wanna be know it all idiots" get on the message boards from time from time and don't have a clue before they run thier mouths............should be seen and not heard.

You know.....you have such a way with words brother!!!! Enough said!!!! I guess that's why you are one of my dearest friends!!!

TMS1155
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
rich and darren are great friends and until you have the opportunity to sit with them and the likes of a bob saccenti, a brownie, charlie mccarthy or anyone else who has "lived it" you have no idea how much knowledge they have about the sport, the boats and the history that made the sport as we know it today.

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratickle
06-18-2009, 05:51 PM
You know.....you have such a way with words brother!!!! Enough said!!!! I guess that's why you are one of my dearest friends!!!

That's enough mush Sean. We are all tough Alpha type performance boaters here.......

Geronimo36
06-18-2009, 07:56 PM

I think you're right Dave. Although Rich as you say lacks in his delivery, he calls it like he see's it (lived it). Some of the other legends you listed above have also told their stories over and over and over again, yet people still believe what they fabricated in their mind...

I'm not as old as the rest of the legends so I need to rely on all of them to tell the stories as I was either too young to remember it or not even born being I'm 32.

I hope Rich joins us again.:seeya:

Sean Stinson
06-18-2009, 08:54 PM
That's enough mush Sean. We are all tough Alpha type performance boaters here.......

I ain't gonna kiss him if thats what your thinking!!!! But I will drink some Jack Daniels with him anytime he wants to!!!:sifone::sifone:

Ratickle
06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Although Rich as you say lacks in his delivery, he calls it like he see's it (lived it).

Rich has very good delivery. He always makes his point. :sifone:

DaveP
06-18-2009, 10:38 PM
A few years ago....I had lunch with Bob Saccenti, Stinson and Rich Luhrs here in NJ. Some of the stories that were told....(some that could never be repeated on here) were absolutely priceless. From the "when Ben offers you sumthin you take it" to the "I went to the G.D. airport looking for ______ and he was no where to be f----- found!"

Every moment we get the likes of the legends to share their stories we should listen in amazement and be thankful that we have the pleasure of knowing these folks.

Just imagine having Saccenti, Brownie, Rich, Billy Martin, Bill Wishnik, Charlie McCarthy, Crouse and others from the hay day.....in one room......telling stories for hours upon hours..... that would be an incredible day for any offshore fan.

I like the story especially about Key West, I think early 80's with the young married couple who went home from the bar with $20,000 in thier pockets!

fund razor
06-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I like the story especially about Key West, I think early 80's with the young married couple who went home from the bar with $20,000 in thier pockets!

You are a tease, Dave. :)

Bobcat
06-19-2009, 09:04 AM
A few years ago....I had lunch with Bob Saccenti, Stinson and Rich Luhrs here in NJ. Some of the stories that were told....(some that could never be repeated on here) were absolutely priceless. From the "when Ben offers you sumthin you take it" to the "I went to the G.D. airport looking for ______ and he was no where to be f----- found!"

Every moment we get the likes of the legends to share their stories we should listen in amazement and be thankful that we have the pleasure of knowing these folks.

Just imagine having Saccenti, Brownie, Rich, Billy Martin, Bill Wishnik, Charlie McCarthy, Crouse and others from the hay day.....in one room......telling stories for hours upon hours..... that would be an incredible day for any offshore fan.

the 20,000 bucks,that was the al copeland story right ?

MarylandMark
06-19-2009, 03:26 PM
the 20,000 bucks,that was the al copeland story right ?

Yup! Good sheet!

DaveP
06-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Yupper!