PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay between Lauderdale- Key West

MarylandMark
11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
May have a change of plans...

Was going to stay in Lauderdale Tues (arrive at 9AM), pick up another couple from airport (9AM) on Wed and then drive to KW

Thinking just the 2 of us may head 1/2 way down Tuesday

Where do we stay and what is there to do??? Holiday Inn class is fine- don't need big money stuff and going to be in KW for 6 days after that so don't need pure cocktail place either. Maybe rent jet ski or snorkel or some thing then nice dinner, 2-3 drinks and bed.

Islamorada? I've been to Holiday Isle for drinks but never stayed- dumpy and bar food but has water sports stuff. Can stop there and go further maybe?

Marathon?

All ideas welcome- haven't made the drive in about 5 years and chicky hasn't ever done the drive.

Wardey
11-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Islamorada is fun and kinda layed back. Pretty much a fish / dive town. Marathon is a little bigger and probably has more for you guys to do with bars and etc. We used to go to Marathon for years and years but it started getting to popular so we started going up to Islamorada. We always go for fishing diving and lobster season. DAve

PARADOX
11-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Marathon.

THere is a Holliday in right off of US 1. Stayed there before. It's ok.

TEAMBAJA
11-01-2008, 06:32 PM
I was going to suggest Islamorada as soon as I read the title of this thread. We did a Baja photo shoot there last January and stayed at Smugglers Cove. Its definately nothing fancy, but very laid back.

http://www.smugscove.com/index.htm