PDA

View Full Version : $5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!

Lubejobs42
06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Saw the short version of the video. Only the people on your boat and the people on my boat know what happened.

You are convinced your boat is faster. I know different.

You and I are both charitable guys. Lets do this. Next week during the Bimini challange weekend lets set up a straight run for you and I. Under the safest enviornment. Rescue people, patrol for spectors etc. We both put up $5k. Loser donates the money to the charity.

Straight shot. we discuss the distance. Flat water or ocean -your choice.
Dead stop start or paceboat (paceboat has to be other than you or me;) ).

First one passes the finish is the winner. You break-you lose.

This will be fun! It will be for charity, which we know the childrens charity can use it.

Come and kick my butt under fair conditions!

jryan26
06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Damn! Sounds like a win-win!

NORTECHJ
06-07-2009, 09:46 PM
this is not the best one but it will do till the morning....
i looked over and yall were in line with us when we all started....did Larry forget to pick up the anchor??:sifone:1300hp PUMP GAS Cheifs against 1550 Sterlings.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXpuO08PG8

phragle
06-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I think..in plain english, Gino just said "BRING IT!" heheheehehehe

Lubejobs42
06-07-2009, 10:56 PM
this is not the best one but it will do till the morning....
i looked over and yall were in line with us when we all started....did Larry forget to pick up the anchor??:sifone:1300hp PUMP GAS Cheifs against 1550 Sterlings.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXpuO08PG8

Couple little controverys with your statement. I was told Bills motors have 1542 HP. Ran 93-110 mixed gas.

Before everyone gets all up tight, this run is unlike any other venue. Very wide area, Police, marine patrol and fire boats everywhere keeping spectators out of the path. It was a staggered start with the faster boats in front. Very organized, very safe.

I was told it was first to the bridge, NOT first ½ mile to the bridge, not first out front, FIRST TO THE BRIDGE.
Now was Bill fast?
absolutely!
was he out front?
again, yes.
Did we catch him and pass him? without a doubt.

Let me start by saying Bill was out front from the begining, he was the pace boat and we were to remain behind him.
Bill was cruising at about 50 with a very high rooster tail. It’s Bills back yard so he knows that bay like the back of his hand. We traveled it once 2 years ago.

He lined himself up for a straight shot and only when we saw Bills rooster tail get lower and longer did we know it was on!

As you see in the video we were way to the right of Bill when we passed him we passed on his left. We had a terrible line and had to come all the way around the island where Bill had a pretty straight shot. We had to contend with every other boat and wake. We were not out front in clean water setting the pace, we were off to the side with the rest of the fleet.
Once we got going we had serious ground to pick up being so far right. Was Bill way out front, yes, did we real him in? without a doubt. When we passed him he was still flying! Until we saw Bill later that day we knew nothing about any belt break.
We set up for a long drag and that’s what happened. Truthfully, I think Bill was out of prop and we were had the top end. We were still accelerating when we passed him.

Watch the video again; you will see Bill starts the run in front of all of us. Now watch the angle of the Outlimits and the Mercedes boat. Bill is going straight, we are coming over going a completely different angle to go around the island.. We actually went behind the OL to come over. If you look at 2:26 in the video that is the only time Bill has to turn the boat. A straight line is the shortest distance. At 2:29 look how much ground we picked up. It was then we crossed behind him, caught him and passed him on his Left side. Let’s see the other videos including the one from the bridge.
At the end of a marathon it doesn’t matter who was out front at the 24 mile mark!
Indy 500, does anyone know or care who was out front at the 486 lap?

We set up for an 8 mile drag race, not a short little blast. We changed to a set of 1:24 drive which we never tried which takes away the low end acceleration but adds tremendous speed just takes a bit longer to get going.

One way to to figure it all out!!
http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7457

Here is a map of the bay.

boatme
06-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Is that leg of the event just 8 miles long ???

How long is the entire event ??

Wrinkleface
06-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Whether it's cats on the side of the road or kids or????,,,,, Gino is there!!!! :sifone:

Lubejobs42
06-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Whether it's cats on the side of the road or kids or????,,,,, Gino is there!!!! :sifone:

Kind of like dog crap!

I'm just Doing my part to keep post count up on SOS!

boatme
06-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Heard this is one great event

How long is the entire course ?

Lubejobs42
06-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Heard this is one great event

How long is the entire course ?

The run to Bimini and back is 106 miles. There are several races, not sure about the others. It's going to be a great weekend.

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
I think Mark is looking for the length of the Jax poker Run Gino!!!

boatme
06-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Bimini event looks to be fun and sounds like it is a great place for a challange event having all the safty crews available for you

Yea I was curious how long the Jax event was as well

sy goldberg
06-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I would advise that all participants in this event check with their insurance carriers as I'm positive that all insurance coverage will be void.

gatorone
06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
170 miles

boatme
06-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks Bill

Sounds like a good distance for the event

Lubejobs42
06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
170 miles

Again, thanks for a great weekend! We are just pulling the stuff out of the boat. The carpet weighs about 60 lbs! Everythng is soaked.

Rough trip home.

20 miles out got a blow out and had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it.

50 miles out- blow out number 2. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Had to ridre with 5 tires since we sued spare already.

60 miles-met up with someone else in our group got another spare had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it.

66 miles- watched the new spare go rolling by on I 95 as the rim was bad. Had to chase it for about 1/4 mile. Broke all 5 studs. Took a tire from the other side and put it on the empty spot. Left the spot with broken studs empty. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Now we have 2 tires on each side.

82 Miles- met up with Grants rigging and Brian and they loaned us another spare.had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it and back to 5 tires.

our 5.5 hour trip took 7.5 hours!

lowblue320
06-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Saw the short version of the video. Only the people on your boat and the people on my boat know what happened.

You are convinced your boat is faster. I know different.

You and I are both charitable guys. Lets do this. Next week during the Bimini challange weekend lets set up a straight run for you and I. Under the safest enviornment. Rescue people, patrol for spectors etc. We both put up $5k. Loser donates the money to the charity.

Straight shot. we discuss the distance. Flat water or ocean -your choice.
Dead stop start or paceboat (paceboat has to be other than you or me;) ).

First one passes the finish is the winner. You break-you lose.

This will be fun! It will be for charity, which we know the childrens charity can use it.

Come and kick my butt under fair conditions!

Gino, sounds very fair... Bring it... You bring the boat tell me were and how and don't forget the wallet it's all for a good cause. That's just how I read it.

Tom A.
06-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Again, thanks for a great weekend! We are just pulling the stuff out of the boat. The carpet weighs about 60 lbs! Everythng is soaked.

Rough trip home.

20 miles out got a blow out and had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it.

50 miles out- blow out number 2. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Had to ridre with 5 tires since we sued spare already.

60 miles-met up with someone else in our group got another spare had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it.

66 miles- watched the new spare go rolling by on I 95 as the rim was bad. Had to chase it for about 1/4 mile. Broke all 5 studs. Took a tire from the other side and put it on the empty spot. Left the spot with broken studs empty. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Now we have 2 tires on each side.

82 Miles- met up with Grants rigging and Brian and they loaned us another spare.had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it and back to 5 tires.

Sorry Gino, sounds like a typical story for you!
You need to make a memoirs of all your stories, it would be a great read!

PARADOX
06-08-2009, 12:43 PM

Rough trip home.

Glad you made it home safe Gino.

OUR luck is about the same. 2007, New rear tire blew, (Carlise, don't anyone use one).. Trailer, truck, boat flipped on I-75. Never made it to the KW run.

Yesterday,, just South of I-10 on 301, Orange Cig with thread off tire. They were OK.
What's with these tires anyway????

Wrinkleface
06-08-2009, 01:01 PM
just compare tattletales, and send the money you would of spent to the charities, 1550 vs.1300 is a little unfair in 2 similar cats

isn't it 38 feet on the Skater & 44 ft on the Benz????

CDOWNS
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
:sifone:

Lubejobs42
06-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Glad to made it home safe Gino.

OUR luck is about the same. 2007, New rear tire blew, (Carlise, don't anyone use one).. Trailer, truck, boat flipped on I-75. Never made it to the KW run.

Yesterday,, just South of I-10 on 301, Orange Cig with thread off tire. They were OK.
What's with these tires anyway????

Good question. All new goodyears with about 500 miles on them. My cost wholesale was $156 each. I don't know what the problem is lately!

WeaponX
06-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Only about 2 feet differance in running surface.

MTIs are like Fountains that way.:sifone:

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 02:34 PM
And loser pays for the barbill as well?????????????????

gatorone
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM

Uneducated example

388 skater=38 running surface
42 mti + 39 running surface and a 3 ft bussel

redhotsommer
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Ya hear that Doctor Tracy...you IS unedumacated! :26:

Davidmnc
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM

I bet even George knew that! :26::26::26:

Wrinkleface
06-08-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm just Doing my part to keep post count up on SOS!

Good job Dude!!! need 2 join us in the HO thread!!!!:26:

Wrinkleface
06-08-2009, 03:09 PM

story of my life Bubba!!! U make'n Char or not????:sifone:

boatme
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Name for Ginos book

"GEEE NO what happend to me today?"

redhotsommer
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Waiting for it to warm up down here...sounds like it's GOOD and warm down in Floreeeeda, tho!!!

phragle
06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
When buying tires, thee is a cryptic code on the sidewall, you need to obtain the decyphering scheme from the manufacture. This will reveal the actual date the tire was made. Tires sit in warehouses and on store shelves for years before they are sold. you may be buying a 'new' tire that is several years old and has been baking in a warehouse drying out for an extended period of time. Tires have , for lack of a better term, a moisture content" that bsically holds the rubber together, they begin 'drying out' as soon as they are made. sitting in a hot warehouse, etc acclerates this drying out. According to the tire mfg's the actual lifespan of a tire is not miles, it is 3 years from date of MFG. Several years ago I got a new to me truck, the tires had some life left in them but for peice of mind, I replaced all 4. 3 weeks later the tread seperated on one of the tires and being decent sized mudders, trashed the entire side of the bed. Called the tire company, they had me read them the code and they told me "that tire is 6 years old. it has passed its lifespan of 3 years."

Good god, I'm beginning to sound like Sunken.

Bgchuby01
06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Gino the start was very fair, Bill had a large yellow flag up and ran a steady 50mph when he dropped the flag he took off and if you watched the flag you too could have gone without waiting for his rooster tail to come down. Yes you beat us to the bridge but we passed you on the way to the first card stop. As far as crash boxes we were able to get our cards at the first two stops using crash boxes and you followed us to the third stop. Crash boxes is no excuse for not getting cards, yes a little tricky but can be done. Sorry to hear about your trailer home. Call me so that I can build you a trailer like the one under Predator.

Jassman
06-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Gino the start was very fair, Bill had a large yellow flag up and ran a steady 50mph when he dropped the flag he took off and if you watched the flag you too could have gone without waiting for his rooster tail to come down. Yes you beat us to the bridge but we passed you on the way to the first card stop. As far as crash boxes we were able to get our cards at the first two stops using crash boxes and you followed us to the third stop. Crash boxes is no excuse for not getting cards, yes a little tricky but can be done. Sorry to hear about your trailer home. Call me so that I can build you a trailer like the one under Predator.

you have to kiss a little azz first... when trying to sell a trailer..then bust on them after they bought :sifone:

Bgchuby01
06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Gino and Larry know I love em both and just like to mess with them. If I can't mess with a fellow Jew who can I mess with

NO MERCY
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Gino,

I wanted to thank you for making my job of spotting for Pyburn on Saturday so easy. I had lost my voice from being out late thurs and fri night, so I was glad I didnt have to say anything cuz you were so far behind. :sifone:

I cant decide if I enjoyed the boat ride more, or standing RIGHT beside you on the dock at the crab shack and listening to you talk smack and give everyone that line of total BS, not knowing that I had a front row seat to what REALLY happened.

Thanks again for the laugh. :biggrinjester:

Jassman
06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Gino and Larry know I love em both and just like to mess with them. If I can't mess with a fellow Jew who can I mess with

I hear ya...im jew/italian/portugese also:sifone: pretty scary

NORTECHJ
06-08-2009, 05:22 PM
just compare tattletales, and send the money you would of spent to the charities, 1550 vs.1300 is a little unfair in 2 similar cats
Here is Pure Platinums... lets see yours gino....:drool5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tSXjQ8rCfI

remember lets all say it together..... PUMP GAS 93 octane

NO MERCY
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM

not to mention transmissions...

SKATER40
06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I will take a piece of that charity bet.Whos holding the mony?:)

JupiterSunsation
06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
I would advise that all participants in this event check with their insurance carriers as I'm positive that all insurance coverage will be void.

WTF are you the official FUN BURGLAR? :dupe:

Both Pyburn and Gino have enough coin to hire good lawyers to get a claim paid in the event of an incident during this charity run if it actually occurs.

Where is Stecz to keep this guy in line? :boxing_smiley:

customryder
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM

wow...

my quarter is on the skater... expecially if Tommy puts a tune on it...

DollaBill
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM

Both Pyburn and Gino have enough coin to hire good lawyers to get a claim paid in the event of an incident during this charity run if it actually occurs.

Where is Stecz to keep this guy in line? :boxing_smiley:

Old phukin jew. Go get some matzo soup and leave boating to the men

sy goldberg
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm the person who got the phone call from the SMOKE ON THE WATER poker run and processed the payment of the $1,300,000 claim. I won't even discuss the fact that innocent lives were lost.I don't see any FUN in any part of this.:(:(

sy goldberg
06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
It's matzo ball soup and there are usually 2 balls per bowl,but I guess this is an area(2 BALLS) that you are not familiar with.:26::26:

detail toyz
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
This just sounds like some good ole friendly competition. Sounds fun, its great to be competitive.

detail toyz
06-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm the person who got the phone call from the SMOKE ON THE WATER poker run and processed the payment of the $1,300,000 claim. I won't even discuss the fact that innocent lives were lost.I don't see any FUN in any part of this.:(:(

Hey, yes that was very unfortinate. But Life is short and if 4 people WANT to do this, if they have the skill to drive these boats at this speed then they also know the risk. I myself would love to be a part of this. You are doing something you love, and if no inocent lives are in danger than.....Lets rock!!!:boxing_smiley:

Steve Miklos
06-08-2009, 10:34 PM
How does that apply to sitting in the back seat?
Steve

detail toyz
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
There shouldnt be anyone in the back seat. Two in each boat

phragle
06-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey, yes that was very unfortinate. But Life is short and if 4 people WANT to do this, if they have the skill to drive these boats at this speed then they also know the risk. I myself would love to be a part of this. You are doing something you love, and if no inocent lives are in danger than.....Lets rock!!!:boxing_smiley:

it's more involved than the people in the boat... read this..

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=7471

glh
06-08-2009, 11:20 PM
You guys do it safe in the FL-to-Bimini deal and I will tack on $5k to the charity chosen for the winner. You break you loose of course...

-Lube Job
-GoGator
-LooseCannon

Lubejobs42
06-08-2009, 11:39 PM
You guys do it safe in the FL-to-Bimini deal and I will tack on $5k to the charity chosen for the winner. You break you loose of course...

-Lube Job
-GoGator
-LooseCannon

That's very nice! Thank you! All we need is Bill to get down here!

glh
06-08-2009, 11:51 PM
That's very nice! Thank you! All we need is Bill to get down here!We aim to please Gino.

Always safe you guys ... Don't f it up for us normal folks!!! :D

JupiterSunsation
06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
GLH did you win the Powerball recently or what?

the Mut was somewhat of a lateral move from the Tiger, but then the MTI dingy, the restoration, the tow rig (which is AWESOME), now the 5K........thought we were in a recession!

Tank
06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Interesting facts:

8 mile course.

Boat running 170 mph for 8 miles will do it in 2 minutes 49 seconds.

If a second boat wishes to catch said first boat and is a mile behind, the second boat will have to run 191 mph to get to the end at the same time. To get there 9 seconds faster the second boat will have to be going 202 mph.

And we're talking point A to point B at said speeds.

Moral of the story....It's all about the start.:seeya:

JupiterSunsation
06-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm the person who got the phone call from the SMOKE ON THE WATER poker run and processed the payment of the $1,300,000 claim. :(:(

Bet they don't pay commissions on the claims huh?

Tank
06-09-2009, 12:06 AM

-Lube Job
-GoGator
-LooseCannon

Tack on 5k to my charity...Sheeesh.

:03:

Tank
06-09-2009, 12:13 AM

Hey Sy, I'm not trying to take away from that horrible accident or disrespect the lives that were lost in that or any of the other accidents (Nashvilee catz, flashgordon, Pammy, etc).

But sh!t man, that's what this hobby is all about. Calculated risk. We all know the risk and the potential for disaster. I think it's part of the rush.

Racing a boat at over 170 mph in the open ocean is precisly why people like Gino, Larry, GLH, joe, etc. etc. have these machines. I personally DO see the fun in it.

I'm not condoning recklessness or foolishness (which is all relative) but you can sit on the sidelines and wonder what if all day long. Or you can go out there and do it, live life the way you want. You may die young, you may die old; but one thing is for certain....we all die someday.

boatme
06-09-2009, 06:20 AM

That claim was just for the boat not for the lawsuits

I am one of the two guys that put on the event (SOTW) and had to live the lawuits for two years

I think Gino is talking about doing this challenge at a race site with race officials and safety crew
If this is what he is suggesting then I support him and think it is the way to separate the trash talk from the reality. Do under controlled conditions (it is where this needs to be) with professional safety crews
Just like guys on the street they want to show who is best, they can take it to the drag track (and many do) where all safety precautions are in place in case of an accident

That said, Racing at a organized Poker Run is wrong and unsafe and should NOT be encouraged This will end any insurance on boats at these events (many insurance companies already exclude Poker Runs now)

I like Bill Pyburn and I like Gino, Both are great guys
I want to see these guys around for many years as they bring great enthusiasm for the sport. so Lets keep it safe and run this stuff where others are there to save your butt if something tragic happens

Good luck on the challenge and way to go at putting it on where safety crews are there to keep you guys healthy

Knot 4 Me
06-09-2009, 08:46 AM

Where is Stecz to keep this guy in line? :boxing_smiley:They both need to read their policies closely. This is a race with a charity benefiting at its conclusion. All the lawyers in the world aren't going to get a claim paid on a policy that clearly states engaging in a race, organized or otherwise, is exluded from coverage. Insurance policies are pretty solid contracts. Sy is simply pointing out the financial risk that is at stake here.

Wrinkleface
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I hear ya...im jew/italian/portugese also:sifone: pretty scary

Frig'n mutt!!!!!!:biggrinjester:

Jassman
06-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Interesting facts:

8 mile course.

Boat running 170 mph for 8 miles will do it in 2 minutes 49 seconds.

If a second boat wishes to catch said first boat and is a mile behind, the second boat will have to run 191 mph to get to the end at the same time. To get there 9 seconds faster the second boat will have to be going 202 mph.

And we're talking point A to point B at said speeds.

Moral of the story....It's all about the start.:seeya:

A few factors..yes it'a all about the start..but also who can run the straightest line, gear ratio, interuption of other wakes, and who is the better driver...personally I think both guys should shake hands, have a drink together and put the ego's aside..both great boats, both good guys that have offered alot to the sport, but it's not worth having a tragedy trying to one up the other on this next run.

catastrophe
06-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Been there myself.
Total lawsuit against me totalled 7.2 million and took 6 years to settle.

Doesn't matter if controlled conditions with rescue etc. That only makes it safer.

The individual insurance policies on these boats are worded to not pay out when racing. But then the lawyers show up.
If something breaks and there is a problem the wife and family of person # 2 in each boat will be all over this.

Great idea for the charity and I respect you all in that aspect but take the word of the old guy here thats lived through it. Not worth it.

Who gives a s-it which boat is faster once?

Just my .02

With respect to all involved

Chris
06-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Ken Warby has been the fastest for 31 years. Everyone else is slower.

Lubejobs42
06-09-2009, 10:12 AM
A few factors..yes it'a all about the start..but also who can run the straightest line, gear ratio, interuption of other wakes, and who is the better driver...personally I think both guys should shake hands, have a drink together and put the ego's aside..both great boats, both good guys that have offered alot to the sport, but it's not worth having a tragedy trying to one up the other on this next run.

Just so everyone knows, Bill and I have been talking on the phone. We are friends and there is NO bad blood. This is all fun and I hope he comes down for the weekend!

catastrophe
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Just so everyone knows, Bill and I have been talking on the phone. We are friends and there is NO bad blood. This is all fun and I hope he comes down for the weekend!

Great !!!

Flip for the bar bill instead .

Enjoy Gino

C5Steve
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Coming from someone who puts quad 300hp on a center console??:huh:

MarylandMark
06-09-2009, 10:40 AM

This is awesome!! This is the best thread in a LONG time- racer orgs may want to take note...

A lil' ribbing along with a little runnin' makes it exciting for the fans- I bet an event like this has more interest than any boat race in the last X amount of years.

Be safe and lay the throttles on the dash gents- good luck to boat and thanks for sharing with us mere mortals.

catastrophe
06-09-2009, 10:43 AM

Yeah can ya believe it??

Same guy went sideways for a quarter of a mile when an engine took a dump on a cat and the same guy watched his friends arm get picked up out of the water and get sewn back on after it went threw the side of my boat.
Same guy that has no use of his right arm and a back broken in 3 places, walkin around in pain since 03.

Just want all my buds to have fun to a limit.

When the lawyers were lookin around for my money, one day they asked about my businesses ...and all of a sudden 150 people that don't boat were about to get it in the hoop and they didnt even get a chance to go fast or catch some sunshine.

We all know these guys mean well and are great guys. But I also know they are already haven a riot.

Only contest I won was who had the most expensive bloodsucker.

BTW there is no room for 5 on the back of that boat.

ENJOY and BE SAFE

boatme
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah can ya believe it??

Only contest I won was who had the most expensive bloodsucker.

ENJOY and BE SAFE

We were in this contest :boxing_smiley:

Airpacker
06-09-2009, 10:57 AM

a 70 mph floating tank of a center console. Alec needed 4 just to get that sucker on plane. :)

Those of us who can call him a friend are lucky that he is alive to be able to relate what CAN GO WRONG so we don't have to learn the hard way.

catastrophe
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah when I was in a hospital bed for a few months and the black broad was shoven a suppository up my ass every day one of my pals called me LUCKY.

The funniest part was when the police boat was carrying me to the marina to an ambulance , when the EMS guy bent over me I whispered " dont let anybody see my peepee"
They got me on land with a couple of hundred people standing around and the PR-CK took his knife and cut all my clothes off.

The last thing I heard as I was being loaded into the ambulance was all the girls laughing.

LUCKY:blush5::blush5:

Jassman
06-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah can ya believe it??

BTW there is no room for 5 on the back of that boat.

ENJOY and BE SAFE

so what are you going to do with the 300's once your 350's come in.:drool5:

catastrophe
06-09-2009, 03:21 PM
so what are you going to do with the 300's once your 350's come in.:drool5:

Funny you ask that now.
I was about to cough for extended warranty when RR told me I have full warranty for 3 yrs.
The 350s come under Mercury racing with 1 yr.
For the 6 mph I'm glad I did what I did.

Jassman
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Funny you ask that now.
I was about to cough for extended warranty when RR told me I have full warranty for 3 yrs.
The 350s come under Mercury racing with 1 yr.
For the 6 mph I'm glad I did what I did.

I agree working on something right now..do I want 4 300's or 3 350's...:drool5:

BBB725
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Sandy all ready has a center console outboard boat ,right?:biggrinjester:

Knot 4 Me
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I agree working on something right now..do I want 4 300's or 3 350's...:drool5:Sandy's gas bill just went up. :sifone:

catastrophe
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Have we ever hi jacked this thread or what.?

Sorry Gino...If you haven't started a new one yet..please continue.

Lubejobs42
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Have we ever hi jacked this thread or what.?

Sorry Gino...If you haven't started a new one yet..please continue.

That's ok, the way it's looking I think I have a better chance of you giving me your 300's for free then getting Pyburn to come down for the challange this weekend. Feel free to keep posting at will!

detail toyz
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
it's more involved than the people in the boat... read this..

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=7471

Yes that part is a given and understood, if you look at it that way

SKATER40
06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
The loto shootout would be the safest and most appropriate place to settle who is fastest.:)

jayboat
06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I got a call a while ago from Larry Goldman and he wanted me to post this photo and let everyone know that he was actually the FIRST person to the the bridge. His exact quote:

"I beat Gino by a nose." :rofl:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2254/jax09benz1.jpg

gatorone
06-09-2009, 11:44 PM
congrats on being the first boat:drool5::drool5::lurk5::sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11kFX51YJ2A

Lubejobs42
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Why did it take 3 days to edit this video. Why wasn't it posted Sunday with the other.

I can add a cartoon speedometer and tach say i'm going 200.

All i saw was us gaining very quick. Look were we were earlier and look how much ground we made up.

The only thing that proves to me is we were first to the bridge and you were the first LOSER!

You coming down this weekend?

I'm sure you will also say you didn't have an advantage on the start, being out front, clean water, picking your line, adjusting the trim and hitting it. No green flag, from Yellow to start.

Everyone sees you take off so then we all take off.
We all have to fight for a good line, clean water.

I have never in my life seen a race started like that!

I wateched the video 3 times and everytime the "cartoon speedometer" does something different. It works then it dosen't work.

You guys said you were stopped when I passed you. I am so glad you posted that video.

Near the end you had your straight shot, I had to come all the way from your starboard to your port to pass.

I had a terrible start but I made up for it and WON!

You know what's really funny about the video? I have lost many blowerbelts while going very fast and as soon as that belt breaks the boat almost instantly slows down dreastically.

I didn't see the attitude or roostertail change in the least.

gatorone
06-10-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts: 711 I broke you won... but your statement was you had the fastest boat is....it's obvious that you were clearly ahead of the OL at the start and he passed you..it is clear in the first video...the telemetry on the motors doesnt change.....the GPS shows 173.7 in the boat...do you want a pic...you have nothing but excuses...i got a boat full of water in havasu at the start and was the last boat to get going and still made it to third.... noexcuses it is what it is...everybody I spoke to said it was the best start they had seen....you and Larry spoke to me after the drivers meeting and were told by myself exactly how the start would work...you asked for cameras you got them....anyone watching knows you are just being a winer... the TRUTH MUST REALLY HURT with all your excuses

You have been measured

You have been weighed

And you have been found WANTING

SKATER NATION

gatorone
06-10-2009, 12:15 AM
(yawning) aaaaaahhhhhhh 20 sec later here comes Gino with a 1/8 mile to go

let me work on my list of excuses as to why i wasn't as fast as PUR PLATINUM

-Had to much fuel

-The OL cut me off

-Ate peppers for breakfast..had upset stomach

-PP jumped the start

-Didn't have a good line

-1.24 killed my acceleration

-Got tricked

-PP has fixed videos that were fabricated

-only 39 pitch mercs

-I couldn't keep the wheel straight

-Myboats not fast enough..oops..I mean my boat was going 220 at the end and really moving

-couldnt turn any rpms

-i needed more power

-should have left my 1.35 in for acceleration

-blah blah blah

All very valid problems if you are just looking for an excuse as to why you got WHOOOPED

Member: 541
06-10-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm sure some where in a dark dungeon Reggie is laughing at Gino........:banghead:

Lubejobs42
06-10-2009, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Posts: 711 I broke you won... but your statement was you had the fastest boat is....it's obvious that you were clearly ahead of the OL at the start and he passed you..it is clear in the first video...the telemetry on the motors doesnt change.....the GPS shows 173.7 in the boat...do you want a pic...you have nothing but excuses...i got a boat full of water in havasu at the start and was the last boat to get going and still made it to third.... noexcuses it is what it is...everybody I spoke to said it was the best start they had seen....you and Larry spoke to me after the drivers meeting and were told by myself exactly how the start would work...you asked for cameras you got them....anyone watching knows you are just being a winer... the TRUTH MUST REALLY HURT with all your excuses

You have been measured

You have been weighed

And you have been found WANTING

SKATER NATION

You talked to me after the drivers meeting?? Where and when was this?

Lubejobs42
06-10-2009, 08:17 AM

-Had to much fuel

-The OL cut me off

-PP jumped the start

-Didn't have a good line

-Got tricked

-only 39 pitch mercs

-Myboats not fast enough..oops..I mean my boat was going 220 at the end and really moving

-couldnt turn any rpms

-i needed more power

-blah blah blah

All very valid problems if you are just looking for an excuse as to why you got WHOOOPED

What's funny is even with all my excuses that all are true and most my mistake- we still made it through the bridge fiirst. Next year tell everyone the run is until you stop or break, not to the bridge. It will stop a lot of bickering.

It's Ironic you want to bring up excuses! We have never - ever run against each other that you don't have an excuse why you didn't beat me!

2 years ago in Jax,
We smoked you for the first time and blew up your motor trying to catch us.

Islamorada 2009
You came up and challanged us,
We pulled away from you. You tell us you had people in the boat so after we got over 165 you deceided you wanted to take it easy and you backed off.

You told Albert you lost fuel pressure on you 93 octane motors. When Albert and Larry confronted you together you stood there with your "deer in the headlights look" and said it was both excuses.

Remember you called us the following Monday morning and You asked us not to post anything becasue Peter from Skater was really mad?!!

Jax -2009
you supposedly broke a belt we were first through the bridge as you stated, was the challange!

Now you want to justify how you ALMOST won. And WOULD HAVE if it wasn't for your belt breaking.

You know what's really sad? You have worked so hard and spent more money then probably everyone else in the Poker run world. Lets see,

You Built Ballistic- Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Bought Keith Eickert- Couldn't build motors that run. Pulled the plug

Built Gold Digger-Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Built Chief motors -I heard you built Tommy a house in you back yard so he can work in the boat around the clock.
I'm sure it's worth it since the motors- RUN ON 93 OCTANE!! (just need to mix a little 110 and methenaol) BUT STILL RUN ON 93!!

But the sad part is with the MILLIONS of dollars you spent you still can't get the boat to make it 11 miles to the bridge! :sifone: :sifone:

It would probably save you a ton of money, a lot of aggrevation and work if you just hire a photographer, put him on the bridge and you and your buddies drive though with your hands in the air.

You guys will be able to sit around for years, drinking and looking at the picture and congradulate each other how you were first through the bride.
No one has to know other then your boys, that you were the only boat. :sifone::sifone::biggrinjester::seeya:

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS RIGHT HERE!

glh
06-10-2009, 08:21 AM
You guys both have superb machines.

You thread in waters at speeds I have no interest in achieving and you have my respect for this. This said;

My interest is in offshore boats and running long range at high speeds more like the Bimini Run that happened last year and is happening this weekend. We know who has achieved there.

These run for bridges whether in NY or FL or cat killers showing up and breaking are in my opinion marginal achievements... to me.

Mr. Pyburn's video shows his boat hitting 170 that is impressive for any boat but within 90 seconds one belt is gone and 2:09 Minutes into the run both blower belts have come off, longevity might be an issue, this is more the makings of drag boats than offshore boating and drag boats hit 210mph in 5 seconds.

Congrats both of you on having awesome rigs.

gatorone
06-10-2009, 08:40 AM
GIno your either just a good liar or have a very hard time accepting the truth.... Larry and you stopped after the drivers meeting and larry spoke to me in the hallway...Gino I ran my 47 GTX in jax two years ago ...what does ballistic or GD have to do with anything........face it...you ride around with Larry and a half atank of fuel..I ride around with aboat full of fuel and people.....Tommy's hasn't touched my motors...what fuel were you running?....everybody at the run saw you get smoked...

gatorone
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
You know what's really sad? You have worked so hard and spent more money then probably everyone else in the Poker run world. Lets see,

You Built Ballistic- Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Bought Keith Eickert- Couldn't build motors that run. Pulled the plug

Built Gold Digger-Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Thanks for the concern...are you a CPA

Jassman
06-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Sandy all ready has a center console outboard boat ,right?:biggrinjester:

sold the Albury..NorTech is for sale..now that I out accelerated both Pyburn and Gino:icon_bs::biggrinjester:..looking at 3 different boats at the moment..

NO MERCY
06-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Gino, how is it ANY of your business how much money anyone spends?

It's obvious the embarassment of everyone seeing the video after all the smack you've been talking over the past 3 days is going to your head and sending you off the deep end. No reason to bring any other boats, engine builders, finances or anything else into this.

Stick to the topic at hand:

Bills's 388 Skater on pump gas/1300hp outruns and out accelerates your Race/1550hp 44 MTI ... PERIOD

congrats on being first to the bridge, those bragging rights belong to you fair and square

JupiterSunsation
06-10-2009, 10:06 AM
You guys should delete this thread it is making you both look like "whiners." Both boats are very fast beautiful machines and they are both driven by very knowledgeable owners.

The video clearly shows Bill would have made the bridge first if the belt(s) didn't break. Gino clearly made the bridge first of all the running boats. Congratulations to both of you. You guys are both good guys and this thread is bringing out the ugly one liners....

TCEd
06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Ah yes, poker run controversy.

formulabill
06-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Allright boys, it's time for the old man to step in here. Enough of the bickering, Gino was first to the bridge, that said we can drop this conversation or:

1- You have a re-do here in Jax. , i'll put police and fire along the route and you boys settle this.

2- Next year at the poker run you both ride in my Deck boat with the mighty 115 Yamaha and make all the card stops with me. I'll even buy the 87 octane for the 30 gallon tank.Cold drinks and sammiches provided cause it takes a while at 33 mph, and thats on the gps. You still have to pay entry fees cause i like to stay at the 100 boat count for the poker run.

3- You do like people that play the Gators football team do and say Wait Till Next Year.

Yall decide which of these options you want and don't make the old man have to sit both of you down for a fatherly talk.

Cold Call
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
.....you have a slow sh.t box...

Gino, if it's any consolation, I like your sh!tbox. Nicest POS I have ever seen. And very fast too!!!:26:

Good thing GOLD RUSH didn't show, he would have spanked you both:lurk5:

OK, that was just a shameless kiss ass to Terry and Co.:blush5:

OU Want Some?!!
06-10-2009, 10:50 AM
This is actually helping me with the fact that I missed the run this year... NOW I have no regrets....:cuss::cuss:

CDOWNS
06-10-2009, 11:14 AM
:rofl::boxing_smiley:

-Had to much fuel

-The OL cut me off

-PP jumped the start

-Didn't have a good line

-Got tricked

-only 39 pitch mercs

-couldnt turn any rpms

-i needed more power

-blah blah blah

CDOWNS
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
:iagree::iagree::rofl:
Allright boys, it's time for the old man to step in here. Enough of the bickering, Gino was first to the bridge, that said we can drop this conversation or:

1- You have a re-do here in Jax. , i'll put police and fire along the route and you boys settle this.

2- Next year at the poker run you both ride in my Deck boat with the mighty 115 Yamaha and make all the card stops with me. I'll even buy the 87 octane for the 30 gallon tank.Cold drinks and sammiches provided cause it takes a while at 33 mph, and thats on the gps. You still have to pay entry fees cause i like to stay at the 100 boat count for the poker run.

3- You do like people that play the Gators football team do and say Wait Till Next Year.

Yall decide which of these options you want and don't make the old man have to sit both of you down for a fatherly talk.

Lubejobs42
06-10-2009, 12:41 PM
GIno your either just a good liar or have a very hard time accepting the truth.... Larry and you stopped after the drivers meeting and larry spoke to me in the hallway...Gino I ran my 47 GTX in jax two years ago ...what does ballistic or GD have to do with anything........face it...you ride around with Larry and a half atank of fuel..I ride around with aboat full of fuel and people.....Tommy's hasn't touched my motors...what fuel were you running?....everybody at the run saw you get smoked...

Why did you cut the video short this time. Why do you refuse to to let the videos run until the end?
Was it only showing the shoreline like the other one? If that's where we were when your belt broke, we could see how many seconds it takes to pass you if we could see the rest of video.

From where it shows us on the right of the sceen it probably took us 3 or 4 seconds to pass you at that point. Obviously your lead at the begining was much more then 3 or 4 seconds. You were killing us. By the time we slowed and went behind OL and got moving, you were maybe 10 to 12 seconds ahead, possibly more. If that's the case we were reeling you in.

As for 2 years ago,You used the 47 because you blew up PP right before the bridge Running us on Friday.

Your saying that you, Larry and myself met after the meeting in the hall and you said you were explaining to us the start, the signals you were going to use and that there will be no green flag. Your dillusional. You may have had that conversation with someone else but it wasn't me.
Why wouldn't this have occured in the meeting so everyone could understand what you were doing?

I didn't get smoked. I was through the bridge first.

It's not my fault you pushed your 93 octane motors too hard and they couldn't finish.

You spend so much time talking about your motors and the 93 octane but both motors couldn't make it 10 miles?.

Did you ever hear the story of the turtle and the hare? I guess I'm the turtle on this one which is fine!

I'm having some shirts made up, I'll be sure to send you some.

As for the other boats you had, it just seems like nothing can hold together.
You certainly don't skimp on anything, maybe it's just bad luck.

Oh... I forgot,

Mike from Sterling said to give him a call when your ready.

I GUESS YOUR NOT GOING TO ACCEPT THE CHALLANGE AND REMATCH I WAS GIVING YOU. TOO BAD.

Lubejobs42
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Bill, If only Bill jr and I had your sense, we would have a lot less stess in our lives! Reading your post makes me realize how unimportant this crap is when you look at the big picture!

Hopefully I grow up some day to have your sense!! :03:

I'm done with this! See you next year!!

Audiofn
06-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Did I just read Gino say that some one else had bad luck? :26::rofl::rofl:

Scarab KV
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Minor compared to Gino I'm sure.:D

NORTECHJ
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Gino i have a quick question... In sarasota this year where you did your cat killer killing i know that you showed up at the first stop way behind us in golddigger.. does that mean that golddigger is the REAL cat killer killer??

sellsman11
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Gino i have a quick question... In sarasota this year where you did your cat killer killing i know that you showed up at the first stop way behind us in golddigger.. does that mean that golddigger is the REAL cat killer killer??

Dont get me started. I HOPE you know the deal there.:boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley::dupe::dupe::dupe::wink:

NO MERCY
06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
James that would make Golddigger the Cat Killer Killer Killer

NORTECHJ
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
that sounds good im gonna make up some shirts!!!!

sellsman11
06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
James that would make Golddigger the Cat Killer Killer Killer

Yes it would.....As long as you didnt try to run more than 10-15 miles. Other wise it would be the real Towboat USA customer. Sorry....the truth is the truth.:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::rant::icon_bs:

NORTECHJ
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
no towing needed... put 2 belts on and off we went....in sarasota it was the mti being put on the trailer early..:sifone::drool5:

lowblue320
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes it would.....As long as you didnt try to run more than 10-15 miles. Other wise it would be the real Towboat USA customer. Sorry....the truth is the truth.:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::rant::icon_bs:

:rofl: that's not cool..

NO MERCY
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
This is actually helping me with the fact that I missed the run this year... NOW I have no regrets....:cuss::cuss:

Delo, I hope all this BS doesnt discourage you. We were really looking forward to having you here for the Jax run. Congrats on the beautiful machine. See you soon.

MarylandMark
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
You guys should delete this thread it is making you both look like "whiners."

I disagree and see no ill will...

Little smack talk from 2 of the best in the boating world makes it that much more exciting and interesting. Tale of the tape shows over 1K views a day for this thread..

OU Want Some?!!
06-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Delo, I hope all this BS doesnt discourage you. We were really looking forward to having you here for the Jax run. Congrats on the beautiful machine. See you soon.

nah, it doesn't... just glad it's not directed at me and my little ol' conversion boat with 850s....:lurk5:

sellsman11
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=OU Want Some?!!;241015]nah, it doesn't... just glad it's not directed at me and my little ol' conversion boat with 850s....:lurk5:[/QUOT

COOKIN Big Daddy........Cookin'!!!:sifone:

sellsman11
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
no towing needed... put 2 belts on and off we went....in sarasota it was the mti being put on the trailer early..:sifone::drool5:

:moon::moon::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WeaponX
06-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow what a thread. :biggrinjester:

I think you guys should run one more time. Be safe.

Joe
06-10-2009, 11:20 PM

"Skater Hunter Bros" -------------- I love it..... same reason Outerlimits puts camera's in the nose of their boats...... to see all of the Skater's (with smaller power) in front of them! Keep huntin.... When you find and pass Brandon, look us up......!

Joe :sifone::seeya::03:

Joe
06-10-2009, 11:26 PM
nah, it doesn't... just glad it's not directed at me and my little ol' conversion boat with 850s....:lurk5:

well, so much for that.... you're under the bus now too buddy-boy!!! :ack2: haha.

Joe

ps: i think Mr. Downs is warming you up for the whole, "come'on up to my room and let me show you my 'baseball card collection!'..... watch out! :moon:

OU Want Some?!!
06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
"Skater Hunter Bros" -------------- I love it..... same reason Outerlimits puts camera's in the nose of their boats...... to see all of the Skater's (with smaller power) in front of them! Keep huntin.... When you find and pass Brandon, look us up......!

Joe :sifone::seeya::03:

I have a camera between the sponsons to watch your tail disappear over the horizon.... just don't run west... I'll lose you in the sunset!:svengo:

CDOWNS
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM
well, so much for that.... you're under the bus now too buddy-boy!!! :ack2: haha.

Joe

ps: i think Mr. Downs is warming you up for the whole, "come'on up to my room and let me show you my 'baseball card collection!'..... watch out! :moon:

Did someone say baseball card collection??????????:rofl::rofl: