PDA

View Full Version : Sunny isle beach offshore challenge news release

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Offshore Events LLC was notified at 2330 (11:30 p.m. EST) June 2, 2009 via email from Offshore Super Series indicating Offshore Super Series has officially canceled their involvement with the “Sunny Isle Beach Offshore Challenge Weekend”

While terribly disappointed Offshore Events LLC remains steadfast as we have a race site with all functional elements in place for a terrific boat race weekend. However, our contract with the City of Sunny Isle Beach requires we provide a nationally sanctioned race. On this specific note the City has made concession to support a one time invitational event. In order to satisfy this concession we must provide the City Manager a boat count list no later than 1500 (3 p.m. EST) today 3 June 2009. Each boat must submit a letter of commitment addressed to the City of Sunny Isles Beach.

Without the City support the entire race weekend will be cancelled to include the Bimini Ocean Race and the Thunderboat Rally. We can not and will not sacrifice, compromise, or concede with regard to our safety management plan, insurance, and emergency medical responsibilities.

Regrettably we do not have a cash race purse as sponsorship has been incredibly difficult this year. However, in lieu of cash we do have 38K (retail value) of Invicta Watches, and approximately 15K of in-kind gift certificates and vouchers for stays in luxury resorts and other accommodations to be awarded to the race teams.

Presently we anticipate a $1000.00 entry fee for all boats. As previously communicated if any net income remains from the race entries it will be redistributed to the racers. All proceeds TOTAL AMOUNT TAKEN IN from Saturday night’s charity auction will go directly to the charity.

Words or any vocabulary can not presently satisfy or properly state how Larry and I feel right now. We remain onboard and ready for Race Boats and Recreational Performance Boats to Show up so please RSVP with a commitment letter as quick as you can to save this race through these tough times.

We are very appreciative to all of the local sponsors, volunteers, and family members who have done a remarkable job on behalf of this event.

We SALUTE the City of Sunny Isle Beach, Miami Dade County, Newport Hotel, INVICTA watches, T n T Marine and all the other sponsors who have done so much and made so many concessions and sacrifices.

We are additionally very grateful for the support and kind words of the individuals within Offshore Super Series who remained in stride step with us to the end and have now offered to volunteer for the invitational event.

With your help and commitment letters to the city to attend we will have a great race this year and preserve this race site for years to come.

Semper Paratus

Brad and Larry

Coach
06-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Hang there, and remember the fat lady sings quote... I will PM my contact info and coordinate with you however we can help... I suggest you get an extention for a day or so, while we rally up the Florida Race Teams that can easily be assembled. Along with all the previously intended from around the country!

Coach

Chris
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Unfortunate news. Here's to hoping you can pull it together.

Let's keep this thread clear for potential participants in the event to communicate. All other discussions about ancillary issues or the cause behind this will be deleted.

FREEDOM US1
06-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Freedom US1 is still committed to race. We are going to the JAC poker run first and will either head south or back home depending on the outcome of the race. Good luck guys!!!

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the support:

Who, what, how. Open to anyone and everyone OSS, SBI,OPA, everyone. The Bimini Ocean Race will take off as planned. We will take the pool of registered boats and determine classes, race course length, etc etc.

We may have testing on Saturday in addition to the Rally the final will be held on Sunday. Show up and we will make it happen. Presently working to develop a modified rule book under the Offshore Events LLC

Please email commitment letters to bcschoe@msn.com

Freezeframevideo
06-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Freeze Frame Video will be present and will race the 30ft superboat in the Bimini Race as planned. We will have a helicopter and will film and do video and stills of the Bimini Run the Rally and the Race as planned.Jeff

Lubejobs42
06-03-2009, 01:02 PM
We are still in 100%.
So this is all over prize money? When has boat racing ever been about prize money?! When a raced back in 2002 to 2005 the prize money barely covered the entry fee!

This is for charity!

With all the money everyone spends on this sport and all the flash and bling I can't believe this would happen over that little bit of money. How much is first place $1000?

The kids tht are much less fortunate then all of us are depending on us!

Mercedes team is sponsoring the dinner on Friday night, I hope everyone can make it. Lets not let a little bit of money that won't even cover the gas to transport the boat ruin this weekend, so many have worked so hard for.

It's a tough year for everyone and everyone has to make sacrafices. Sponsorships are down. Those of us that are lucky enough to be able to do these events are more fortunate than many. The kids need us. Get your boats down here!

Coach
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Freeze Frame Video will be present and will race the 30ft superboat in the Bimini Race as planned. We will have a helicopter and will film and do video and stills of the Bimini Run the Rally and the Race as planned.Jeff

That away Baby!

Coach

FREEDOM US1
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the support:

Who, what, how. Open to anyone and everyone OSS, SBI,OPA, everyone. The Bimini Ocean Race will take off as planned. We will take the pool of registered boats and determine classes, race course length, etc etc.

We may have testing on Saturday in addition to the Rally the final will be held on Sunday. Show up and we will make it happen. Presently working to develop a modified rule book under the Offshore Events LLC

Please email commitment letters to bcschoe@msn.com

Please accept this as my commitment. Thank you, Jim Lee FREEDOM US1

jayboat
06-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm in. No boat, just a camera.

H2O Full Throttle
06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
If the race goes ahead then I will give any teams who attend 3 life time subscriptions to my magazine each. Each sub to usa is around $60 usd so thats another $180 worth of freebies if you attend.

I know its not much but it all helps. Hope Brad and Larry can get it going.

Ned

Lubejobs42
06-03-2009, 06:27 PM
If the race goes ahead then I will give any teams who attend 3 life time subscriptions to my magazine each. Each sub to usa is around $60 usd so thats another $180 worth of freebies if you attend.

I know its not much but it all helps. Hope Brad and Larry can get it going.

Ned

Very nice of you Ned!

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Here is the list in no paticular order: Thanks for all the support. I am sure it will grow through the night and tomorrow.

1. TURBINE MARINE OUTLERLIMITS AND MTI
2. DOUBLE TROUBLE FOUNTAIN
3. CHRIS SAVITTS 36 CIGARETTE
4. X Muscle 33 PowerPlay
5. Jeff Wexler 30 Motion
6. FLUID SEALING PRODUCTS SKATER
7. Miccosukee DOUG WRIGHT
8. Miccosukee FOUNTAIN
9. Auqamania TURBINE MYSTIC
10. GEICO TURBINE MYSTIC
11. MERCEDES 44 MTI
12. CMS 48 MTI
13. TNT 48 MTI
14. TIME FLIES 42 MTI
15. LEHMAN BROTHERS 43 Nor Tech
16. RACHELS 44 MTI
17. X CRC John Costello 39 MTI
18. Jim Lee Freedom One 46 SKATER
19. EXTREME VORTEC Steve Miklos
20. XXX OUTERLIMITS
21. Lisa Mathews/ GEICO FOUNTAIN
22. FURY Guy Costa DOUG WRIGHT
23. PREMIER PERFORMANCE CIGARETTE
24. ALL JACKED UP SKATER
25. MUSCLE RACING FOUNTAIN
26. AMSOIL SKATER
27. DAREDEVIL
28. STIHL DOUG WRIGHT
29. SCARDY CAT SKATER
30. MOTION 43 MOTION
31. MOTION 42 MOTION

H2O Full Throttle
06-03-2009, 06:35 PM
To everyone who has banded together and helped support Brad and Larry with this you have my utmost respect and am proud of what you are doing.

You are all class acts.

Ned

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Add George Jr TEAM IMCO to the List

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Add George Jr TEAM IMCO to the List

That means me too. Good call George. Thanks.

Maybe Steve will Race us???:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Freeze Frame is in and not on your list.

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-04-2009, 05:49 AM
Tom Abraham and his 45 MAXIMUS and Freeze Frame puts us at 35 boats and growing. Who else is missing

1. TURBINE MARINE 44 MTI
2.TURBINE MARINE 50 Nor-Tech V
3. DOUBLE TROUBLE FOUNTAIN
4. CHRIS SAVITTS 36 CIGARETTE
5. Jeff Wexler 30 Motion
6. FLUID SEALING PRODUCTS SKATER
7. Miccosukee DOUG WRIGHT
8. Miccosukee FOUNTAIN
9. Auqamania TURBINE MYSTIC
10. GEICO TURBINE MYSTIC
11. MERCEDES 44 MTI
12. CMS 48 MTI
13. TNT 48 MTI
14. TIME FLIES 42 MTI
15. LEHMAN BROTHERS 43 Nor Tech
16. RACHELS 44 MTI
17. X CRC John Costello 39 MTI
18. Jim Lee Freedom One 46 SKATER
19. EXTREME VORTEC Steve Miklos
20. XXX OUTERLIMITS
21. Lisa Mathews/ GEICO FOUNTAIN
22. FURY Guy Costa DOUG WRIGHT
23. PREMIER PERFORMANCE CIGARETTE
24. ALL JACKED UP SKATER
25. MUSCLE RACING FOUNTAIN
26. AMSOIL SKATER
27. DAREDEVIL
28. STIHL DOUG WRIGHT
29. SCARDY CAT SKATER
30. MOTION 43 MOTION
31. MOTION 42 MOTION
32. X Muscle 33 PowerPLAY
33. MAXIMUS 45 CIGARETTE
34. FREZZE FRAME VIDEO
35. TEAM IMCO

Sean Stinson
06-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Brad,

How did your conversation turn out for you??? I hope they can help you out it looks like your boat count would be pretty good if everything falls into place for everyone!!!!

Sean

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-04-2009, 09:13 AM
So far so good. We will keep everyone posted. We are expecting everything to work out fine....just a major pia retying all the loose ends

imco offshore
06-04-2009, 09:17 AM
jim , steve is already on the list #19 we,ll have a lot of fun with this race and you two can meet in person and see eachother is OOOO TAAAA?

Lubejobs42
06-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Just got a call from Brad and Larry which are out running around making arrangements. They asked me to post this. The mayor is back and they just voted for everything to go on as planned! All is good and going forward!

Great News!:26:

Coach
06-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Super Great!

BlackJack58
06-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Glad you guys were able to keep this event on track - a real testament to hard work and the loyalty of racers. Great for the Kids, too. :hurray: