PDA

View Full Version : C-69 gettin' Kaliforniafide.

Pages : 1 [2]

Dude! Sweet!
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Did some clean up in the bilge (outdoor storage is tough on boats with lots of openings in the hatches). I'm going to fill the deck hatch and third tank fill in the deck. Funny, the deck hatch is located exactly above this big hole in the floor that almost looks like a secret compartment... :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Mike (John's dad) has some crumby, 50 year old car that he drives to cruise nights and the like from time to time... :sifone:

Actually thier whole shop is sort of a big toybox. I freakin' love going over there! :26:

Thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
It will be real purdy once Scott does my hatch :sifone:

I'm ready !! & might I ad extited about the classy look !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh YEAH !! Lookin good !!

Hey it seems as if I've seen a sister to that there motor mount before.. :sifone:

Gotta love the 55 !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Do you think they used that "stowage" below the deck hatch for hauling there orange floaty life jackets..?? :biggrinjester:

Funny thing is with it being an 86 boat built in Miami I may have just seen that boat browsing around late in the evenings grouper fishing..??

Were they fisherman or something..?? Was it converted to a sixman from a center console..?? :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Do you think they used that "stowage" below the deck hatch for hauling there orange floaty life jackets..?? :biggrinjester:

Funny thing is with it being an 86 boat built in Miami I may have just seen that boat browsing around late in the evenings grouper fishing..??

Were they fisherman or something..?? Was it converted to a sixman from a center console..?? :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Ha! I'm not makin' any accusations... I'm just sayin'!

Notice anything else interesting in that hatch photo? :driving:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 12:24 AM

Are you saying thats not fishguts batman !! :smilielol5:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Hey you must have been talking about that rickity ol'e car in the background of the other hatch.. What is that thing some sort of old west coast volkswagon surfcruiser..?? :biggrinjester:

Buoy
09-08-2009, 12:45 AM
We've had a couple of planning sessions with the "Star Chamber" and I think we've finally come up with a smart, realistic approach to moving forward with the refresh.

Anyhow, we didn't get a ton of stuff done today, but here's some pics...

Planning sessions. Nice!!
In other words " I got the boat into the shop, and then sat around drinking beer and talking about what we should do.
The more beer I drank, the larger the project, and the larger my checkbook":sifone:

Did some clean up in the bilge (outdoor storage is tough on boats with lots of openings in the hatches). I'm going to fill the deck hatch and third tank fill in the deck. Funny, the deck hatch is located exactly above this big hole in the floor that almost looks like a secret compartment... :sifone:

Outdoor storage is a mess - I spent almost the entire day yesterday cleaning palm seeds out of the boat.

The Hatch - well, I think many boats from this era had at least a "bit" of history. Only the ones that were built to last are still here to hint of the story.
We both know mine has a tale of a story - how much, if at all, the boat was involved is up for question. I prefer to think it was once involved, just because as much as no one wants to admit it, that was a turning point in the sport in America.

phragle
09-08-2009, 12:46 AM

Somebody really likes cheap diet soda???

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Exactly! Funny thing... How often do you see a fiberglass Fiat body next to an Eye-talian motorcyle.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 02:09 AM
A buddy that originally done some of my tank welding for me has a nostalgic 37 Topinilo that runs deep down in the 5's at like 130's with like a 1.20 60ft in the 1/8mi with a pretty nasty injected small block & its old school !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
A buddy that originally done some of my tank welding for me has a nostalgic 37 Topinilo that runs deep down in the 5's at like 130's with like a 1.20 60ft in the 1/8mi with a pretty nasty injected small block & its old school !!

Good eye! You hit the nail on the head with that one. The dude who contributed the injectors ran an Anglia Gasser and I think this was going to be his next project, before his big crash 5 years ago.

John's dad Mike ran a Toplino bodied funnycar as a "nostalgia" altered for a while with an 8-71 blown big block. Now that's my kinda beach cruiser! :D

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I have been pretty much out of drag racing for about 10 years now due to the fact that Its hard to get as much room in the "street car" for the family as I can a boat & its much cooler hanging out on.. But I wouldn't mind having a cool nostalgia car.. Heres about the only shot I have on this computor of a chopped up 33 plymouth sedan I done up a couple years ago just before dropping the 440 mopar in it , channeling the body over the frame, changing out the rearend & fabbing up a low budget redneck 4-link , Z'ing the rear frame section & dropping it down another few inches all the way around.. I didn't get to finish it due to the fact that my boat needed a drive & something had to go so it went over the pond to Iceland..

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I have been pretty much out of drag racing for about 10 years now due to the fact that Its hard to get as much room in the "street car" for the family as I can a boat & its much cooler hanging out on.. But I wouldn't mind having a cool nostalgia car.. Heres about the only shot I have on this computor of a chopped up 33 plymouth sedan I done up a couple years ago just before dropping the 440 mopar in it , channeling the body & dropping it down another few inches all the way around.. I didn't get to finish it due to the fact that my boat needed a drive & something had to go so it went over the pond to Iceland..

Just don't call it a "rat rod!" :biggrinjester:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah I like the term "nostalgic" much better.. I can go "traditional" as well.. For the most part if its my own stuff I just don't have the time to make sure every little nit pickeyness is exactly "period correct" Doesn't meen I wont be nit pickey, just in my own way if that makes any sence !! Really just depends on the particular project..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Here we go we have managed to jack up another thread & turn it into madness.. Well atleast its yours again this time..

So injectors huh are you going to put like twin honda v-tech's in there with some buddin-buddin tips out the back ?? I'm ready for some injected pics !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I just saw them for the first time in person yesterday. I have no idea why I didn't take a picture... John's calling Enderle as soon as he gets the chance so we can decide what we're really going to be dealing with...

We also need to figure out if they'll let us race with them or what I have to do to make them race legal. We're going to be popular at the dock when we have to squirt raw gas out of a bottle down the injectors to get it to start! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I can't wait to see how they look !! I can here people now at the docks "why are those crooked ?? You should fix that it looks bad"

Might even have to wear the old funny car masks..:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Yah, fuel the boat out of jugs with a big skull and x bones, wearing big rubber gloves, rubber aprons and old school funny car respirators...

At least we'll think were funny!

Buoy
09-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Might need to upgrade the bilge blower system.:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Also did some work on the 28 yesterday. Going to revise the back bolster into a low back bench like Mike's boat (so I can put a cover over it like FunHome's Saber), installed the kill switches and new trim indicator cable, made some parts to repair the trim indicator and started making the foot rests for the front seats. Oh yah, and mocked up the seat bases (conveting to sit down). Oh yah, also moved the grab handle on the throttleman's side. I'm going to put the trim switches down below it so I can operate them with my thumb while I'm still holding on. Plus I delivered a couch and got some free beer... :D

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Anyone know what this is? I set my carb'd intake here and when I came back it was gone and this was sitting in it's place...

duunoit
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm envious of the time you have

But I am glad that you are getting to do the things that have planned for both of them.

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I've got a good helper. I don't have much time, but when we do get to work on it, John and I crank stuff out. There is so much more I'd like to do, but I generally can only pick up a couple hours here and there. I know you know how it goes!

Mikeb4
09-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Nice ... gonna be BadAzz ... keep the pics and updates comin' !! :lurk5:

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Nice ... gonna be BadAzz ... keep the pics and updates comin' !! :lurk5:

Thanks Mike! I actually just emailed John some pics of your bilge and told him that I wanted to use yours as a model for some of the re-rigging that we have to do!

stormrider
09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Glad to see you going ahead w/ your ideas!

Mikeb4
09-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks Mike! I actually just emailed John some pics of your bilge and told him that I wanted to use yours as a model for some of the re-rigging that we have to do!

Really looking forward to seeing both boats when completed! keep the progress pics coming for us Snowbirds! :lurk5:

Out There
09-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Great ideas! That lower rear bench will definitely make a huge difference going back to the old school race look.:USA:

DAREDEVIL
09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone know what this is? I set my carb'd intake here and when I came back it was gone and this was sitting in it's place...

LOL, don't know what it is,,,but i trade u for a carb intake . HAHA:sifone:

tomcei
09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Sean,
Are you going injected That bilge is lookin clean.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM

Don't be shy bro, pull the clothes off the top of her !! I wanna see how she breaths !!
:drool5:

Dude! Sweet!
09-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Ha! Yah, injection is nice... :sifone:

It just came off the shelf so it's a bit grungy and it currently has the shorty stacks... More pics when it comes back from Enderle.

Thanks Tom. I did clean the bilge. That's all I'm going to do to it for now. Once I get the boat up and running and dialed in, then I'll worry about mods and paint as necessary. I kinda dosed myself with a bit of reality... I mean it's a race boat, the point is to go fast not to look pretty... Gotta spend the cash in the right places!

ar15meister
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Ha! Yah, injection is nice... :sifone:

It just came off the shelf so it's a bit grungy and it currently has the shorty stacks... More pics when it comes back from Enderle.

Thanks Tom. I did clean the bilge. That's all I'm going to do to it for now. Once I get the boat up and running and dialed in, then I'll worry about mods and paint as necessary. I kinda dosed myself with a bit of reality... I mean it's a race boat, the point is to go fast not to look pretty... Gotta spend the cash in the right places!

Amen to that.... I tell people the same thing when they ask me why the bilge on my boat looks the way it does.

Dude! Sweet!
09-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Amen to that.... I tell people the same thing when they ask me why the bilge on my boat looks the way it does.

I think on pleausre boats like Tom's, Mike's and Scott's it makes sense to make things really nice. I'll probably end up making that effort on the 24, but I'm actually going to race and run the sh*t out of it in general so it dosn't really make sense to pretty stuff up too much. Oil soaked bilges from engine explosions, stress cracks, and other associated chaos are all in this boat's future! :26:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
"Oil soaked bilges from engine explosions, stress cracks, and other associated chaos are all in this boat's future! "

I love it !! :sifone:

tomcei
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
two hundred bucks and you get 1gal of imron. paint it on with a brush and it looks great. Hard as a rock and ANY spill wipes up like magic

I promise you that you wont regret it. and you'll call me and say it was a great idea. especially when the mtrs out.

ar15meister
09-17-2009, 09:44 AM
two hundred bucks and you get 1gal of imron. paint it on with a brush and it looks great. Hard as a rock and ANY spill wipes up like magic

I promise you that you wont regret it. and you'll call me and say it was a great idea. especially when the mtrs out.

The guy who owned my boat before me decided to 'refresh' the bilge with some kind of spray paint. Oil stained the crap out of it.

Sean your project looks like it is going well. What kind of speed are you looking to get out of this thing or have you gotten that far yet?

Dude! Sweet!
09-17-2009, 01:36 PM

I just don't want to go through all the time to prep it right now. I want to get it running and figure out what I've got and what I need. You know me Tom, that motor will be back out soon enough! :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
The guy who owned my boat before me decided to 'refresh' the bilge with some kind of spray paint. Oil stained the crap out of it.

Sean your project looks like it is going well. What kind of speed are you looking to get out of this thing or have you gotten that far yet?

Thanks man. 75mph for P5 and probably 60 - 65 average for the ski race.

Dude! Sweet!
09-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Just got word back from the good people at Valley Head service... The heads are not Dart 360s... They are 375 - 377cc's with a 117cc chamber. Damn! That's huge! And, that's what she said! :sifone:

Buoy
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Just got word back from the good people at Valley Head service... The heads are not Dart 360s... They are 375 - 377cc's with a 117cc chamber. Damn! That's huge! And, that's what she said! :sifone:

So, are you trying to say you got good head?

LittleDcsRodShop
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
AKA: Big Chief

Dude! Sweet!
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
AKA: Big Chief

Uh oh... now that you've mentioned some indian sh*t we're all going to have to start arguing!:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM
And can you believe they start to lay down at 5,800?!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM
And can you believe they start to lay down at 5,800?!

As if you hadn't figured out yet thats much to my surprise !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm right there with ya brother!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-18-2009, 12:26 AM
you got mail...

Dude! Sweet!
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
You got mail back! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-18-2009, 01:51 PM
You got mail back! :sifone:

That ones gonna take a minute so I will hit you back this evening..:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Worked on the 28 about half day yesterday. More of the same... Slow progress, but definately progress. It's funny how much time just figuring out how you want to do somthing takes... :D

tomcei
09-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Worked on the 28 about half day yesterday. More of the same... Slow progress, but definately progress. It's funny how much time just figuring out how you want to do somthing takes... :D

I can relate :willy_nilly:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I can relate :willy_nilly:

:lurk5: In a sick way its always nice to hear you are not alone huh.?

Haha !!

How is the project coming along ??

Bobcat
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM
the boat..50%,.......one of two of his livers 80% (don't shoot the messenger):sifone:

DAREDEVIL
09-27-2009, 09:44 PM

AND HOW MANY BEERS !!! HAHA:rofl::USA:

Dude! Sweet!
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Didn't do anything on the boat this weekend. Basically just dealt with some deferred home maintenance stuff although I did sit around and nurse a hangover yesterday for a couple of hours in the morning. But that hangover was probably worse than the one I have today...

Dude! Sweet!
10-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Safety first!

Buoy
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Safety first!

Let me be first to chastise you for NO TRANSOM STRAPS!!:26::)

tomcei
10-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Let me be first to chastise you for NO TRANSOM STRAPS!!:26::)

i believe he tied off to the mtr mounts and ran the straps out the thru hull pick up holes and then down to the trailer frame, .... right? Sean ?

duunoit
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
You know how much money I could have saved renting that Penske truck... I should have just rented an Explorer :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
10-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Transom straps? What I want to know is where my life jacket and killswitch was! What's a transom strap?

Buoy
10-07-2009, 01:47 PM
i believe he tied off to the mtr mounts and ran the straps out the thru hull pick up holes and then down to the trailer frame, .... right? Sean ?

You know how much money I could have saved renting that Penske truck... I should have just rented an Explorer :sifone:

Transom straps? What I want to know is where my life jacket and killswitch was! What's a transom strap?

:sifone::sifone:

duunoit
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
the last thing I want to do is to get this thread off track :D but I may be in PHX toward the end of the month for a couple of days.

Dude! Sweet!
10-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey give me a shout too if you do, maybe we can tear up Tim's house!

I didn't want to tell Tim, but I'm using your invisible transom straps on the boat... He'd have sh!t if he saw how well they worked on the tow over to the river! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
10-07-2009, 10:53 PM
the last thing I want to do is to get this thread off track :D but I may be in PHX toward the end of the month for a couple of days.

Last time I checked Sean started this thread so off track is on track..;)

duunoit
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
That was the "bump" over the interstate, not the river :D

I should know by next week. It looks like it will be the 19-23 or 26-30...

Buoy
10-08-2009, 02:25 AM

Hey give me a shout too if you do, maybe we can tear up Tim's house!

The door is always open for you guys, as well as the rest of my Pantera brethren that are passing through town.
Just let me know as early as possible so that I can schedule time off at work.

Buoy
10-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Last time I checked Sean started this thread so off track is on track..;)

I don't know if Sean or I have the higher count of Hi-jacking threads, and both of us are guilty of jacking our own threads.
(I know that doesn't sound right...:willy_nilly:)

slpcamaross97
10-09-2009, 03:42 PM
hi

duunoit
10-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks like a new boat in your avatar, did you get it?

Buoy
10-10-2009, 02:06 AM

deserves it's own thread if this is the case.

Dude! Sweet!
10-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Put in a solid day this weekend on the 28. Went by the machine shop (the legendary Valley Head Service) and checked up on my heads and got to poke around a bit. An 8 second, steel bodied, small block '57 chevy is a wicked ride!

Got some more stuff done on the boat too. Nothing that would really look interesting (wiring etc), but all time consuming and making progress...

JO - PANTERABOAT
10-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Sean,
You better be a good boy,
Santa Claus is coming to town!
pp.

Dude! Sweet!
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Sean,
pp.

Can't wait. Thanks Pepe!

Dude! Sweet!
10-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Put in a solid day this weekend on the 28. Went by the machine shop (the legendary Valley Head Service) and checked up on my heads and got to poke around a bit. An 8 second, steel bodied, small block '57 chevy is a wicked ride!

Got some more stuff done on the boat too. Nothing that would really look interesting (wiring etc), but all time consuming and making progress...

(I lied, it's a 7 second car... http://www.valleyhead.com/racing.html)

LittleDcsRodShop
10-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Sean,
pp.

Don't hold your breath on that one ole' timer !! :sifone:

:biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM
More from the "Sea 69" (aka "why does it taste so salty and smell like fish!?")...

Getting freaky with a little bond-o-age... :sifone:

We're also thinking about removing the elephant from the cockpit to reduce weight a bit...

LittleDcsRodShop
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the boat looks like a cartoon charactor with an attitude in that shot ??

Looking good !!!

Buoy
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the boat looks like a cartoon charactor with an attitude in that shot ??

Looking good !!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA:rofl:

No, you're not!!
I thought the same thing before I even scrolled down and read your post.

Dude! Sweet!
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Looking good !!!

You mean sort of like a cartoon elephant? :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Back end is all in primer now and just waiting to shoot paint. Here's a typically crumby photo from right before we shot the primer.

slpcamaross97
11-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Nope nothing yet now im a huge poser. sold the checkmate so planning on getting something in spring but did pic up a new toy to mess with this winter.

Buoy
11-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Sean - I love the latest signature line.
The GREEN BASTARD. Gotta love it!

Bobcat
11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
he needs to ref uckulate his sig line

Dude! Sweet!
11-27-2009, 01:23 AM
That ones for you Tim, I was up the other night burning the midnight owls and it popped into my head. :sifone:

ar15meister
11-27-2009, 10:31 AM
That ones for you Tim, I was up the other night burning the midnight owls and it popped into my head. :sifone:

"Randy only fights with his pants off because he's worried that he'll ruin his tight pants so when the pants come off... look... the **** out. "

:)

Dude! Sweet!
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
"Randy only fights with his pants off because he's worried that he'll ruin his tight pants so when the pants come off... look... the **** out. "

:)

Man that cracked me up. It's funny because it's true!

Got this in the mail last week...

DAREDEVIL
11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Scorpion not bad !!!!!

Dude! Sweet!
12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Yup. The new Scorpion offshore series came highly recommended. They feel lighter than the old Scoprions that were on the motor and they're blue... :sifone:

Buoy
12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Yup. The new Scorpion offshore series came highly recommended. They feel lighter than the old Scoprions that were on the motor and they're blue... :sifone:

lighter, schmighter....:rolleyes:

They're BLUE:):)

HeHe

Dude! Sweet!
12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Got the transom painted this weekend. And worked on the boat! :D Aww yeah. I'll put some pics up later. Also painted the inside of the engine cover yellow. It's coming along!

Dude! Sweet!
12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
OK, a couple of better pics. The transom is grey now. Sort of a tip of my hat to her original color.

ar15meister
12-08-2009, 03:35 PM
what kind of paint did you use on the inside of the engine cover?

how well did it work>?

Dude! Sweet!
12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I used some stuff I got at West Marine. I'm blanking on the name. Deckcoat or something like that? I rolled it on. I'm all about 'crude but effective'... It's bright yellow and it covered good even though it was only 60 degrees in the shop. The hatch is basically raw glass with a few coats of paint underneath so I wasn't looking for a riddler winner, ya know.

JO - PANTERABOAT
12-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Looking good !:driving:

JO

Dude! Sweet!
12-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Looking good !:driving:

JO

Thanks Jo! It's coming along. Looking forward to getting it in the water and getting some ski race practice under our belt.

johnnyexcal
12-08-2009, 04:55 PM
what's the x dimension set at?

tomcei
12-08-2009, 06:26 PM
nice to see some pics Sean!
progress baby, progress

love that Avatar. I could swear I saw that pic in a Guinness book of world records as the fattest twins back in the school days ( i feel for those side walls)

maybe that's where they came up with the "run flat" idea ha ha

LittleDcsRodShop
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
progress baby, progress

love that Avatar. I could swear I saw that pic in a Guinness book of world records as the fattest twins back in the school days ( i feel for those side walls)

Funny you said that Tom b/c you did & my mind instantly went back to 4th grade when I first seen that avatar !!

Looking good bud, I like the gray !!!! Ofcourse you know I gots to be lovin that paint booth baby !!!

Just think I thought I caused global warming :icon_bs::cuss::icon_bs: Now we know its really Sean's fault..:D

Dude! Sweet!
12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
X is 17 1/2" as I recall.

You guys are good! That's where I got it from as well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGuire_twins

Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Scotty, I knew you'd love the booth. Take that C.A.R.B.! :sifone:

Tom, sorry I missed your call. I'll give you a shout tomorrow morning on my way into work.

Dude! Sweet!
12-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Monkey lovin' a football up, but good!

Buoy
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Glad to see someone is making some progress!

I spent some time yesterday just cleaning up the mess, and working further on seating and the dash.
I have 5 palm trees in the back yard right over the boat that have been shedding seeds occaisonally.
Got them ALL cleaned out of the boat yesterday.
Pulled the engine hatch to plan on getting some work done today.
7:00 am, the "landscaper" (possibly legal) shows up to trim the palm trees.
Didn't know it was coming, and didn't even think about it...
What a phuckin mess in the boat!!
Spent the afternoon re-cleaning the boat only to get back to the same spot I was yesterday afternoon.

Where's Scotty??
He should be getting somewhere on that Saber by now...

Dude! Sweet!
12-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I think Scotty's doing some secret testing at "Lake Y"... Which is one better than Lake X. :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
12-23-2009, 02:33 PM
progress baby, progress

Just so this stuff still makes sense when I change my avitar...

Buoy
12-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I think Scotty's doing some secret testing at "Lake Y"... Which is one better than Lake X. :sifone:

I'll most likely be testing at "Lake Why"?:willy_nilly:

LittleDcsRodShop
12-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm still around & kicking..

I've had trouble staying out of the paintbooth long enuff to remember I even have a boat.. We had a guy quit here at the shop about a month & a half ago so I went from shooting about 50% of our normal production work & 100%of any custom work that goes out the door to 100% of Everything..

Hopefully I will have an update on the boat progress pretty soon..

Dude! Sweet!
12-29-2009, 07:06 PM
More progress, and a stroll down mammary lane while cleaning the oil pan... :sifone:

tomcei
12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
keep the pics going Sean.:)

Gary D
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Progression is the road to success, good luck, looking good:cheers2:::cheers2:

Buoy
01-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Sean, what's the latest??
We're running into crunch time here to make Catalina and Havasu.

Dude! Sweet!
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey hey. Long block's done. Pictures to come.

Dude! Sweet!
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Been a bit lazy on the updates. Got a bunch of higher quality pictures coming, but here's a couple from the infamous phone camera that I took yesterday. Enjoy.

stormrider
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Stacks! :sifone:

Bobcat
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Hate to break it to you Sean, those valve covers are going to blow oil everywhere:leaving:

Dude! Sweet!
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Hate to break it to you Sean, those valve covers are going to blow oil everywhere:leaving:

I'm using the force to keep the oil in... Besides, couldn't blow much more than my old K&N push-on breathers! :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Here's a few more "in process" shots...

Good thing Johnny has a mill!

:sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
As if you don't already know my opinion... I gotta say again that its looking really good bro !!!

Btw: The floor in the shop looks awfull clean.. looks like the mongloid is doing his job.. :bump:

Bobcat
02-01-2010, 11:35 PM
damn, you must have stolen a camera to get those(clear non fuzzy) shots!:eek:

Dude! Sweet!
02-02-2010, 12:46 AM
People of my cultural background prefer the term "borrow indefinately"...

Scotty, I can see metal chips on the floor in one of the photos... I'm gonna beat that big monkey with the broom handle! :sifone:

Buoy
02-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Looking good Sean!
Can't wait to see it all back together - in person.
Keep plugging along my friend!

It's killing me that I'm just sitting on my boat.
Haven't done anything significant in awhile.
Life has gotten in the way of the way I intended life to be.

duunoit
02-02-2010, 01:04 AM
It's killing me that I'm just sitting on my boat.
Haven't done anything significant in awhile.
Life has gotten in the way of the way I intended life to be.

I can relate. The other day when Sean sent that pic of his motor, I was putting together this...

Buoy
02-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I can relate. The other day when Sean sent that pic of his motor, I was putting together this...

What motor are you going to put in it Chris?

I think I'd also look into a shorty for that rig, the standard X-dim would be too deep.
Probably run a 4-blade 24p, and then test from there.:ack2:

:):)

Dude! Sweet!
02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
He told me he was going to slap 3 280 drags on the back of it! :D

Buoy
02-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Damn Chris, I just looked at that pic again.
You got more kid stuff than... Well hell, you got a lot of kid stuff in just one pic!!

My 10 yr daughter called me last week, and wants my old trumpet from HS.
It's worth about $20, and tomorrow I'm going to put over $100 in repairs because she wants to play "her Dad's" trumpet in JH band next year.
What we do for the kids...

Buoy
02-02-2010, 01:26 AM
He told me he was going to slap 3 280 drags on the back of it! :D

Sorry for the hi-jack Sean, but technically, I think this one is scored to Chris.:)

Dude! Sweet!
02-02-2010, 03:10 AM
I have a gun, take this thread to Cuba and nobody gets hurt! :sifone:

duunoit
02-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Damn Chris, I just looked at that pic again.
You got more kid stuff than... Well hell, you got a lot of kid stuff in just one pic!!

You're only looking at 5 sq ft of the what most would think was a daycare that I call home. It really is a shame that the word spoiled is already in the dictionary. Anyway, back on track...

I doubt Sean will have any problems with rocker studs this time around.

slpcamaross97
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Wow sean, love the intake, man summer is only like 2 months away from me, im trying to keep from buying a boat but.... Im dieing not having one.

LittleDcsRodShop
02-08-2010, 01:04 AM
On a side note: That intake is gonna look even better when it heads east one day on a trailer with a camero, a blown up bbc & a 4sp.. Stays here a year or 6 then heads back out west in due time sitting low, dressed all pretty in satin black, sounding nasty, burning your eyes with methonol and the 4-speed wrapped up in the trunk & a glide now doing the work, with with a crew ready to stop at tim's house & find some late night street racing action.. Then call whichever one of you are closest to come get us out of jail.. :huh:

Keep on pushin !!! It won't be long & its gonna be time to smell smoke in SoCal !!!!

Buoy
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM
On a side note: That intake is gonna look even better when it heads east one day on a trailer with a camero, a blown up bbc & a 4sp.. Stays here a year or 6 then heads back out west in due time sitting low, dressed all pretty in satin black, sounding nasty, burning your eyes with methonol and the 4-speed wrapped up in the trunk & a glide now doing the work, with with a crew ready to stop at tim's house & find some late night street racing action.. Then call whichever one of you are closest to come get us out of jail.. :huh:

Keep on pushin !!! It won't be long & its gonna be time to smell smoke in SoCal !!!!

I love the way you think Bro!
Easy to find some street action out here.
The whole town is set up on 1x1mi. grid street system.
Or, to be a little safer from the Po-Po, I'm 10 mins away from the desert.
My boating family is welcome anytime.

Dude! Sweet!
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM

You going to work on the Camaro while we're building another front engine rail off those Mark Williams plans that John and Mike have?! Ha ha ha. Cool with me!

Was hoping for smoke out the tail pipes this weekend, but this would have been about the best I could have got... :sifone:

tomcei
02-08-2010, 09:26 PM

I like the way u talk

Dude! Sweet!
02-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I like the way u talk

As you and Scotty have said, it's a good thing we each live several thousand miles away from each other! :cheers2:

Buoy
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
If we all lived in the same neighborhood, I'm guessing the life expectancy for us would go down dramatically.
Only question is who would go first, and then I'm taking odds on who would be holding their beer.:sifone:
(I got $100 on Sean, and $200 on John holding his beer):)
Should I sell squares?:smash::sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
02-09-2010, 11:46 AM
If we all lived in the same neighborhood, I'm guessing the life expectancy for us would go down dramatically.
Only question is who would go first, and then I'm taking odds on who would be holding their beer.:sifone:
(I got $100 on Sean, and $200 on John holding his beer):)
Should I sell squares?:smash::sifone:

Tim, baby! You underestimate my ability to avoid death in spite of my abject disregard for my personal safety. Believe me if it was only a $100 bet, it would have been done a long time ago! Ha ha ha. And when it happens, I'll be holding my own beer. :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
As you and Scotty have said, it's a good thing we each live several thousand miles away from each other! :cheers2:

There allot of truth in that !!

tomcei
02-28-2010, 08:43 PM
What's the Status report Dude??

rchevelle71
02-28-2010, 10:00 PM
What's the Status report Dude??

He's slackin', and I'm hackin':eek:

duunoit
02-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm just here to steal Sean's thunder. He definately isn't slacking...

(lets see if this works, it didn't)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2Dwd5OCzU

LittleDcsRodShop
03-01-2010, 12:28 AM
:sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone:

Buoy
03-01-2010, 12:32 AM
:sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone:

hehe, I just watched it too.:sifone:

I think I got a chubby:blush5:

Dude! Sweet!
03-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks guys. Was supposed to go skiing this morning but my 24's showing its displeasure for my lack of attention. So I spent today messing with a trim pump and a couple other little things. Two boats is a lot of workk!

Buoy
03-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks guys. Was supposed to go skiing this morning but my 24's showing its displeasure for my lack of attention. So I spent today messing with a trim pump and a couple other little things. Two boats is a lot of workk!

That would be like keeping up with two wives (and not in the good, fun way)...
I don't know how the Mormons do it...

Dude! Sweet!
03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
This picture was taken about 2 hours after the video was shot on Saturday. (I know you guys have been missing THE phone-camera) :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
That would be like keeping up with two wives (and not in the good, fun way)...
I don't know how the Mormons do it...

It is way too much all things considered...

(ya know, kids, actual wife, drag car, shifter karts, bikes, house, oh ya my job, etc... ha ha ha)

slpcamaross97
03-01-2010, 01:17 PM
nice. So you got the oil pump prob, fixed?

LittleDcsRodShop
03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
This picture was taken about 2 hours after the video was shot on Saturday. (I know you guys have been missing THE phone-camera) :sifone:

Not sure how it happend but I think your camera phone has more overspray on it than mine..
:huh:

Bobcat
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I've seen better photos of Nessie and Bigfoot !!!!:sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
03-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I've seen better photos of Nessie and Bigfoot !!!!:sifone:

Thats fitting, being that they were taken from the "self styled bigfoot hunter" himself..

Dude! Sweet!
03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Coincidence? Hmmm....

tomcei
03-01-2010, 10:04 PM
i was gonna say the hi def pic is incredible. seems so real i could just reach out and touch it. :willy_nilly: When i clicked on it to enlarge my eyes started to water. ha ha

good to hear it run Sean!

LittleDcsRodShop
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
i was gonna say the hi def pic is incredible. seems so real i could just reach out and touch it. :willy_nilly: When i clicked on it to enlarge my eyes started to water. ha ha

good to hear it run Sean!

Yeah I hear ya Tom, untill I enlarged it for clairity I thought the oil filter went through the transom where the tail pipes are supposed to go out..

JAIME
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Well...3/1/10 was the last post on C-69, Dude where ya been? I just read this whole thread. Did you make it for summer, race? Jaime

JAIME
12-23-2010, 01:53 AM
damm, what happened to everyone, did i miss something?? There was a post 5 days before mine, then before that 1mo. ...:huh:

Buoy
12-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Most of us are still here.
I know for a lot of us, work and LIFE have gotten in the way of some of our projects - at least that's why my project is currently dormant until a few other projects that were expedited on the docket are completed.

Dude! Sweet!
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey guys!

Nope, I got the motor in the boat and as Tim said, "real life" took over. My kids sports seasons started and between that and work, the boat just took on a much lower priority. Concurrent with that, the local race sanctioning body released their rules/fees package for the season and I just didn't see any value for the dollar in getting involved with it.

I'm still around though, and the boat's still around. Just have re-adjusted priorities.

How's your boat going Jamie? You get to enjoy it much this summer? We had a cold summer this year, so I only got out on the water 4 - 5 times at most (with my buddy in his Schiada).