PDA

View Full Version : Carver Boat files for bankruptcy

MacGyver
06-02-2009, 07:14 PM
They don't make go-fast boats, but are a big player in the luxury yacht business. They have a huge economic impact on the small town of Pulaski, WI.
Hey Big O, where is Carvers bailout money???????????????

Wrinkleface
06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
been around alot of years!!:(

Buoy
06-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Very good Rep. for many years as a well built boat.
Not familiar with what they've been doing in recent years.

pullmytrigger
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
wow!......no doubt wont be the last......

Offshore Ginger
06-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Really sad .

Shockwave
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Very good Rep. for many years as a well built boat.
Not familiar with what they've been doing in recent years.

Good Rep. maybe ? But well built I don't think so . I had a 2005 41 CPMY last year ( one year was enough ). Maybe I'm a bit spoiled owning a Top Gun but take the Carver out in anything over 2 footers and the POS would have parts falling off it . My wife wanted a cruiser so I thought what the heck buy a floating condo . The more time I spent on the boat the more I found wrong with it .
I'm saving for a Viking or Hatteras .

Paul

VtSteve
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Genmar boats filed today, the parent company of Carver. I'm sure with Irwin Jacobs at the helm, they'll come out of it. Genmar also owns Four Winns, Glastron, Larson, Ranger, and many other boat brands as well as Carver.

http://www.genmar.com/brands.cfm

Magic Medicine
06-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Good Rep. maybe ? But well built I don't think so . I had a 2005 41 CPMY last year ( one year was enough ). Maybe I'm a bit spoiled owning a Top Gun but take the Carver out in anything over 2 footers and the POS would have parts falling off it . My wife wanted a cruiser so I thought what the heck buy a floating condo . The more time I spent on the boat the more I found wrong with it .

Paul

I have to agree, I have always thought of Carver as a wanta be sort of luxury boat. I have always lined them with the likes of a Bayliner, maxum etc.

SinkorSwim
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I hate to hear that you had bad luck with yours..

The ones next to us at LOTO sure, looked nice. Guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

Sea-Dated
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Carver has really gone down in the last decade. We have a 1995 44MY and it is built like a tank. We have looked at newer bigger Carvers and the build quality just isn't there anymore. We love ours and the floorplan works great for the type of boating we do. We have 4 people staying on the boat every weekend.

Sad but this is just the beginning.

Buoy
06-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Carver has really gone down in the last decade. We have a 1995 44MY and it is built like a tank. We have looked at newer bigger Carvers and the build quality just isn't there anymore. We love ours and the floorplan works great for the type of boating we do. We have 4 people staying on the boat every weekend.

Thats what I was thinking, Awhile back they had a real good rep, but I wasn't sure about more recent builds. I guess when things started getting tighter, they chose to build cheaper.

TCEd
06-03-2009, 11:32 AM
If we ever hear SeaRay or Bayliner going bankrupt you'll know the end is here !!!!
ed

waterboy222
06-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow.. Carver has a huge marketshare on Grand Lake and at the Tulsa Boat Show.. Wonder what uglys will put in its place..

masher44
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM

Great boat to mooch off of :sifone:

masher44
06-03-2009, 02:55 PM

Paul

That same exact model boat followed me in Duck Creek on Sunday. first time I saw it on GLOC. Weird design.

DonziGirl
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow - I'm sorry to hear they're going out of business.

Shockwave - not sure about the newer Carvers but my parent's have one from the 80's and it's been great. Very roomy and has been a great boat for them for about 15 years.

MacGyver
06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Wow - I'm sorry to hear they're going out of business.

Shockwave - not sure about the newer Carvers but my parent's have one from the 80's and it's been great. Very roomy and has been a great boat for them for about 15 years.

Not going out of business, but filing for bankruptcy protection. Hopefully things will turn around for them when the economy picks up again.