PDA

View Full Version : Automobile leasing ????? when did they stop?

t500hps
05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I have a female salesrep whose car lease is about to expire. With about 12 cars (+ 5 trucks) on the road, we have always leased our vehicles because of tax issues. She has been looking at small SUV's (Jeep Liberty, Kia Sportage, Honda CRV) and keeps hearing that they don't do leasing or the prices are ridiculous!!!

Are lenders that scared? Anyone ever go get there own lease from an outside source then "buy" the car from the dealer? Any suggestions from our automotive friends here?

Blue Oval
05-29-2009, 04:26 PM
If you are doing it as a business lease you might try Wheel Inc.,Gelco or Pacifico.They can set up a lease for your company.They may have some restriction with the numbers you have to lease.

jhenrie
05-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Bum deal eh? It's hurt my business too. My friend just had his boss give him a car allowance instead of a company car.

t500hps
05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
It's a company lease....this car thing is nothing, just trying to optimize every dime spent. I'm loosing more than the cost of buying a NEW car every month.

lowblue320
05-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Honda does lease vehicles and priced right,

getchasum111
05-29-2009, 08:20 PM
the problem is that 10 years ago the lease end values were more than what the vehicle iwas worth at the end of the lease.....your payment was less because they said at the end of your lease you can buy it for say 15k....but it was only worth 11k....so customers just turned them back in and they ran it through the sale where it brought the 11k....so they lost 4k.....jeeps and kia's lose value so quickly that you can lease a 30k 4 runner for what you can lease a kia for because at the end of your lease the toyota still has a good resale value...so those companies got away from leases because you can get less payment on a purchase now....pm me if i can help....i am a Toyota/Lexus dealer

RLJ676
05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
There are banks still doing leases, but most captive financing places are doing less leasing.

Ford is still leasing I think.

Tell her to check out the new Equinox coming out soon for small SUV's, it is pretty damn nice.

Blue Oval
05-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Ford does have 36mth lease's yet.Not very agressive priced at this time.

getchasum111
05-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I have a female salesrep whose car lease is about to expire. With about 12 cars (+ 5 trucks) on the road, we have always leased our vehicles because of tax issues. She has been looking at small SUV's (Jeep Liberty, Kia Sportage, Honda CRV) and keeps hearing that they don't do leasing or the prices are ridiculous!!!

Are lenders that scared? Anyone ever go get there own lease from an outside source then "buy" the car from the dealer? Any suggestions from our automotive friends here?

pm me a phone number....let me show you what i can do on a toyota or lexus lease.....

Carguy
05-30-2009, 10:21 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD INFO. Honda crv lease is for nothing.

fund razor
05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Have her try something other than an SUV. ;)

JupiterSunsation
05-31-2009, 10:34 AM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD INFO. Honda crv lease is for nothing.

Meaning the CRV lease is good or bad?...... I think they are tin cans but my mom is retiring soon and wants a cheap small SUV. Her X3 is $450 a month and the lease is up so she wants a cheaper car.

Andrew
05-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Ford does have 36mth lease's yet.Not very agressive priced at this time.

I found that industry wide. I was given a lease allowance at my job and was surprised to find most lease payments were as much or even sometimes more than a loan payment. I think no one really knows what a car will be worth in three years so they're being very conservative on the lease deals. Most of the advertised lease deals were for 10K miles per year and if you increased the mileage allowance to a more realistic 15K the payment skyrocketed.

Blue Oval
05-31-2009, 02:28 PM
There is a lot of unknowns out there right now.I can understand it,but very frustrating as a dealer.Even with large rebate on retail it is hard to find a affordable payment for most of the public.I think it will come back around after things get back inline.We will see!

Perlmudder
05-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Bum deal eh? It's hurt my business too. My friend just had his boss give him a car allowance instead of a company car.

sucks. my dad just went from company car to car allowance.

RLJ676
06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
sucks. my dad just went from company car to car allowance.

This is a way better deal, assuming the allowance is adequate.

You have all the choices you want, and can actually end up owning the car for "free"!

My dad is trying to put miles on his company car ASAP as they switched to an allowance so he can get the allowance.