PDA

View Full Version : Just finished the toy barn

BraceYourself
05-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Heat and air conditioned

Magic Medicine
05-28-2009, 02:02 PM
very nice that AC will make that a welcome oasis for boat repairs or beer drinking in the summer

TIKI
05-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Looks good! Now you need a couple of extra toys to fill it up with.

Ratickle
05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Looks good....

One word of caution, start on the addition now, they're never big enough.....:sifone:

pullmytrigger
05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
lookin' good!

how many sq ft?

BraceYourself
05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
lookin' good!

how many sq ft?

48 X 36
1728sq feet

not big enough for the boat

drpete3
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
48 X 36
1728sq feet

You just gave me an idea. Soon the horses will be gone from my 40x 60 barn and guess what i now have plans for? The ceiling is 10ft high and all concrete floors.

phragle
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
You just gave me an idea. Soon the horses will be gone from my 40x 60 barn and guess what i now have plans for?

making glue??

Sea-Dated
05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Very nice!!!!!

MattBMiller
05-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Looks great!

Jassman
05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
look good..what type of coating on the floor did you end up with. Thanks Jeff

old377guy
05-28-2009, 07:47 PM
she'll fit on the diagonal:sifone:

BraceYourself
05-28-2009, 10:01 PM
look good..what type of coating on the floor did you end up with. Thanks Jeff

epoxy grey with flake, then cleared over the top once dried

MahopacMarine
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM

Looks really great. Do you have any close up pictures of the floor? We are looking to do it at our new facility but no one around here can give us an un-bias opinion to how it looks. Yours looks like glass....... Wow!

FULL FORCE
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
48 X 36
1728sq feet

Big enough for FF:sifone:

My next house WILL have one of these, sick of working on boat outside!

dykstra
05-29-2009, 12:40 AM
way cool!

BraceYourself
05-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Looks really great. Do you have any close up pictures of the floor? We are looking to do it at our new facility but no one around here can give us an un-bias opinion to how it looks. Yours looks like glass....... Wow!

I'll take an upclose pic today. I debated on if I wanted to put the flakes in but I'm glad I did.

Ratickle
05-29-2009, 07:40 AM
I'll take an upclose pic today. I debated on if I wanted to put the flakes in but I'm glad I did.

Are you glad you did?

Oh sure, edit and add the post before I ask the question.....

Looks real nice....

BraceYourself
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
pics

baronmarine
05-29-2009, 08:11 AM

i like the flakes in it. is that slippery when its wet ? our summer shop has a sealer on the floor. when it gets wet it's like ice when your bare foot. very nice shop, and the car is not bad also.

todd

Clustergear
05-29-2009, 08:51 AM

A Friend of my Lenny owns Tri State Contracting in Westchester give him a call he does a lot of parking facilities and knowns someone who does the floor coating. There are three different types. Lenny's lives very close to your marina. His floor was done in his garage 7 years ago and is still perfect. His numbers is 914-345-6717 leave message that Ricky told you to call about epoxy floors and he will get back to you with the guys number and you can check out the floor at his house if you would like.
Good Luck

ChiefApache
05-29-2009, 11:00 AM

Is it the Rustoleum product sold at Home Depot, or did you use a true epoxy coating, add the flakes and put a urethane topcoat over it?

ChiefApache
05-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Are you glad you did?

Oh sure, edit and add the post before I ask the question.....

Looks real nice....

The flakes will help with a little bit of slip resistance. Having nothing in a coating can allow it to be very slippery if it gets wet or oil/grease is on the floor.

BraceYourself
05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I had a true epoxy done and the flakes are hand thrown in after its rolled on. The second coat of epoxy was an option to make it real shiny. Its not slippery.

ChiefApache
05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I had a true epoxy done and the flakes are hand thrown in after its rolled on. The second coat of epoxy was an option to make it real shiny. Its not slippery.

It looks great Jeremy, and this coating will last longer and hold up much better than the kits you buy in the home improvement stores.

Ms PatriYacht
05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
the floor looks great, you did the same way Ian did it, IMHO the flakes are extremely important, it covers some of the imperfections and makes it look like granite or stone.

Ian wanted to go with the grey but since our walls were a light tan I suggested a beige base with white, black, and dark taupe flecks, he was happy with the color selection when finished. However it WILL be slippery if you get it wet. Ian would not believe me, but after the first coat he finally relented and we did a second coat and threw some fine sand on the area by the drivers side of my car. It dulls it up a little, by safety is more important. We forgot the area around where the trunk of my car is, and I go in and out a lot with packages, and I walk around that area when gardening, I can't count the number of times that I have come close to losing it, and on several occasions fell, not fun in the middle of winter when you slip and fall in the dirty ice and snow that has melted off the car. Also the water does not absorb into the cement like it does uncoated so it stays wet a lot longer, Ian keeps a mop and pail handy and cleans it a lot in the winter. If you are not going to be using it as an everyday garage or for gardening supplies it will probably stay drier and cleaner than mine.

wananewboat
05-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Not to be a wise guy, but why didn't you build it bigger to hold the boat? That would make a nice home for the boat and truck it looks great.

Jassman
05-29-2009, 06:09 PM

thanks..looks good and the flakes hide some of the imperfections in the concrete.

stecz20
05-29-2009, 08:12 PM
building the ultimate man shed is great, why did you not make it big enough for the boat?? i would think thats the #1 toy....

BraceYourself
06-02-2009, 08:02 PM
building the ultimate man shed is great, why did you not make it big enough for the boat?? i would think thats the #1 toy....

My buddy has a nice climate controlled building I keep my boat in. Close to the lake and people to do work on it. Added the truck and a pic of the boat. Would like to buy a mercury racing banner if any one has one.

RACESDAD
06-02-2009, 08:06 PM
send me your address. i will get you one
mike

BraceYourself
06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
send me your address. i will get you one
mike

PM sent

FULL FORCE
06-02-2009, 09:02 PM
My buddy has a nice climate controlled building I keep my boat in. Close to the lake and people to do work on it. Added the truck and a pic of the boat. Would like to buy a mercury racing banner if any one has one.

It's cool when you need a ladder to get into the bed of the tow rig!

Wrinkleface
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Awesome!!:sifone:

glh
06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Man keeping up with the Jones is getting tougher...

This would mean I need to get a Lambo!!!! Now fitting in one might be the dealbreaker!!!

Sweet Garage, Congrats

Ms PatriYacht
06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Man keeping up with the Jones is getting tougher...

This would mean I need to get a Lambo!!!! Now fitting in one might be the dealbreaker!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: