PDA

duunoit
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Brittany says shame on you for your avatar. George is a positive inflence in our household:sifone:

Everytime Jr sees it, I hear "curry joyge!"

Buoy
05-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Brittany says shame on you for your avatar. George is a positive inflence in our household:sifone:

Everytime Jr sees it, I hear "curry joyge!"

I'm gonna admit this here.
Curious George was my favorite as a kid.
Every toddler had a teddy-bear, or a blanket or whatever...
I had a stuffed Curious George.
Still have him around somewhere.
Mom threw him in the washing machine once, and his mouth disappeared. I made Mom stitch a new mouth on him.
How simple life was 35-some years ago...

Dude! Sweet!
05-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Too funny! Talk to the guy who wrote the books! I saw it while reading to my daughter. I believe its the same story that "No fire, just a naughty little monkey" comes from. :D

Dude! Sweet!
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
http://www.daily-journal.com/bloggers/parenting/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/george-photo.jpg

Did some checking... From Curious George Takes a Job, published in 1947, but partying like it's 1999! :D

Bobcat
05-28-2009, 06:32 AM
it is a gateway avatar!!:sifone:

duunoit
05-28-2009, 06:38 AM
it is a gateway avatar!!:sifone:

:D

It's good to laugh out loud first thing in the morning...

Dude! Sweet!
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Ha! Yah, next thing you know we'll be onto harder avitars, with pictures of cats driving boats and half naked chicks! Where will it stop?! :D

tomcei
05-28-2009, 09:27 PM
My 4yr old boy says "look daddy, it's George" when he sees it. pretty funny. He has the stuffed animal as well and usually runs around the house with it after he sees the avatar.

Buoy
05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
My 4yr old boy says "look daddy, it's George" when he sees it. pretty funny. He has the stuffed animal as well and usually runs around the house with it after he sees the avatar.

When I was about 4-5, my Mother took me to a mall store (I think it was a Horne's in Pittsburgh) that had a display of a HUGE Curious George, had to be at least 10-12' tall (and, yes, I'm taking age/height into account here).
It was a surprise for me.
As soon as I saw it I ran straight under the barrier ropes and right up to it.

This is too funny.
And this conversation is making me remember some of my earliest memories.

I have a Curious George book around the house here that I bought for my daughter when she was young so that I had something to read to her.

Too Funny.