PDA

View Full Version : Black Lifeline Jackets?

Carguy
05-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Too hot or not?
Thanks

stecz20
05-21-2009, 09:41 PM
yes and bad idea, if you are ever in teh water waiting to be seen, you will be waiting a while.... im sure they will make them for you, but yes i imagine they will be hot as hell....

05-21-2009, 11:48 PM
yes and bad idea, if you are ever in teh water waiting to be seen, you will be waiting a while.... Im sure they will make them for you, but yes i imagine they will be hot as hell....

+1 :)

MattBMiller
05-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Once you go black...oops wrong topic.

Seriously, I'd stay away from black jackets personally. If I end up in the drink, I want to be seen.

YoungPerformance
05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
My yellow jacket is hot enough, so you would not catch me in a black one. I also agree with the visibility aspect of it. I want to be seen by everyone if I go in the water so I don't get run over by another boat. Good luck, Eddie.

Sea-Dated
05-22-2009, 10:47 AM
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Ratickle
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
bad idea, if you are ever in teh water waiting to be seen, you will be waiting a while....

That's the excuse you're gonna use to keep wearing that Pink one with the Rainbow??????:ack2:

Wardey
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
My pleasure jackets are black with red flames. They are no hotter than my orange race jackets. But as far as being seen in the water, you are correct. Dave

MahopacMarine
05-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Too hot or not?
Thanks

Yellow with Black Accents to match your boat!

MahopacMarine
05-22-2009, 04:15 PM
yes and bad idea, if you are ever in teh water waiting to be seen, you will be waiting a while.... im sure they will make them for you, but yes i imagine they will be hot as hell....

Listen to the man:sifone:

Carguy
05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Yellow with Black Accents to match your boat!
Funny... Thats what the guy at lifeline said. I never thought about the visibility thing. Really makes sense. I think I'm gonna go with the Grey.

One more question? I'm 5'10 230lbs. Lifeline recommends I get a large. I haven't owned a large since 6th grade. Does that sound right? They said small for my wife (5'3 120lbs). Also I want to get some extras. What size do you guys keep for guests? These things are pricey not to ask the pros.
Thanks
Anthony

UNRECONSTRUCTED
05-22-2009, 11:35 PM
You'll probably be singing "I'm too sexy for this Lifeline, so sexy it burns..." as you rip them off. LOL.

Like most said, I'd rather have something more visible, even more than gray.

Best wishes.

Tommy Gun
05-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Funny... Thats what the guy at lifeline said. I never thought about the visibility thing. Really makes sense. I think I'm gonna go with the Grey.

One more question? I'm 5'10 230lbs. Lifeline recommends I get a large. I haven't owned a large since 6th grade. Does that sound right? They said small for my wife (5'3 120lbs). Also I want to get some extras. What size do you guys keep for guests? These things are pricey not to ask the pros.
Thanks
Anthony

I'm 6-1 215 and wear a medium, but with any sweatshirt or jacket on need the L, wife has some 38 D's and wears a medium. Most of the girls wear the small. I have 2 small, 3 medium, and 1 Large. I think 2 of each would also work well.

SinkinFastR
05-23-2009, 06:31 AM
You can try mine on before you order if you want. I wish I had done that first.

MahopacMarine
05-23-2009, 08:25 AM

Thanks
Anthony

You need the same size I have. I will check it when I get home and let you know. I wish I saw this yesterday, I would have asked you to try it on when you were down here. I actually had it in my truck from a sea trial that morning.

Lubejobs42
05-23-2009, 08:38 PM
I have black and love them. I was afraid to order them first. All lifelines are hot and uncomfortable. I used inflatables for years and they were very comfortable. The lifelines are much safer but you give up some comfort. The sun does not penetrate through the jackets so i really don't think the black ones are any worse then the other colors.

Big Time
05-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Anthony, you still have the white Nortech? I like the grey, throw in some yellow and white highlights and it will look sweet and match the baot!

Otis311
05-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Large will work for you. I am the same size as you and have plenty of room in LARGE

Otis311
05-26-2009, 08:11 AM
I have black and love them. I was afraid to order them first. All lifelines are hot and uncomfortable. I used inflatables for years and they were very comfortable. The lifelines are much safer but you give up some comfort. The sun does not penetrate through the jackets so i really don't think the black ones are any worse then the other colors.

I agree Gino !!