PDA

View Full Version : memorial weekend in grand haven,mi

baronmarine
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
so who heading to the west coast this weekend ?? i'm heading out friday from work for the weekend. anyone ?? wheather looks pretty good, water is up and i'm sure the drinks will be flowing. after boating for me that is.

todd

Chris
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Last I heard, Grand Haven was being somewhat unfriendly towards performance boaters. LOTS of enforcement activities aimed at anything with a loud exhaust. Hopefully some locals can chime in and give us the up-to-the-minute.

baronmarine
05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Last I heard, Grand Haven was being somewhat unfriendly towards performance boaters. LOTS of enforcement activities aimed at anything with a loud exhaust. Hopefully some locals can chime in and give us the up-to-the-minute.

chris

if you have tail pipes they will pull you over. i love a good sounding set of big blocks any day. but gh is a great place. great town/night life. and some super boating. i have down pipes on mine, and they do suck but you do what you have to do. so i have no problem getting in and out of the channel. it is our home port.

todd

Twin27Advantage
05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
They were not near as bad last year as they were the previous couple years. The police have let up a bit since the amount of complaints have been cut by around 75%. The only reason they started to enforce the law was because of the complaints.

Like Todd said it is a great place to boat! We will be around all weekend as usual.

If you are loud and the only boat in the channel you have a good chance of getting pulled over. If you shut one engine down and idle in on one with some traffic they will never notice you.

I also like the sound of the engines but mufflers on a healthy motor also sound good. Around hear it seams like alot of guys put a 550hp motor in and rev it every two seconds thinking they are cool trying to impress people on the boadwalk. They are the ones who have ruined it for others. You have to wonder what they are thinking...cuz 550 is not very impressive to hear rev.

boatme
05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
We will be around all weekend

Todd and Todd, Feel free to stop at our house to say hi Our dock is always open to visitors

I will probably be working at the shop or in the yard

Water is deep in front of the house these days It is up over 2 feet from last year

we have never had a problem with depth in front of the house but some of my neighbors are down in the shallows and still cant get to there docks

Stop and say hi

Twin27Advantage
05-20-2009, 08:43 AM
We will be around all weekend

Todd and Todd, Feel free to stop at our house to say hi Our dock is always open to visitors

I will probably be working at the shop or in the yard

Water is deep in front of the house these days It is up over 2 feet from last year

we have never had a problem with depth in front of the house but some of my neighbors are down in the shallows and still cant get to there docks

Stop and say hi

Thanks for the offer Marc!

Will you and the better half;) be out in the Donzi at all?

boatme
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Todd,

Not sure

I have to get the boat out of storage yet and get it cleaned up

It is the wifes boat so i am just the detail guy and the part time driver LOL

Ratickle
05-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Todd,

Not sure

I have to get the boat out of storage yet and get it cleaned up

It is the wifes boat so i am just the detail guy and the part time driver LOL

Get it right Marc. You are the Boat B*t*h!!!!:sifone:

Indy
05-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Around hear it seams like alot of guys put a 550hp motor in and rev it every two seconds thinking they are cool trying to impress people on the boadwalk. They are the ones who have ruined it for others.

We have some dooche bags around here like that too, it must make them feel tough or something. I have no problem with the sound of a 496 or a 1075, I think they all sound good, just as long as you're not an ass about it.

baronmarine
05-20-2009, 11:20 AM
hi marc

going to try to get over your way. by boat, car or bike. and that reminds me, my gh pictures are under my desk. i'm going to walk them to my car are now.

todd

baronmarine
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
what a great weekend. wheather was pretty good. had lots of friends and family over. only got out boating 2 times for short runs. still a little cold for sheri. fired up the bbq, lots of deck time watching the boats. lot of them on sunday. spent monday morning cleaning the boat. and afternoon on the beach. man am i sun burned.

todd