PDA

View Full Version : Tampa area question...

FULL FORCE
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I am in Fl till Friday and will be in Tampa all day Friday, anywhere to be able to see some boats and have lunch before heading back to Ohio?

cigdaze
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Are you here this weekend? Want a ride in the Cafe?

FULL FORCE
05-13-2009, 10:04 PM

I would love to but have a plane ride out Friday at 7ish... if I had known when the boss planned stuff I could have arranged differently, but now I have to be home this weekend for stuff there...

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Bummer. Oh well...Too bad i can't take off this week, otherwise I'd like to meet up Friday.
Anyway, a good place to stop for lunch and be around boats would be Hula Bay. It's a great Tiki Hut/Bar/Restaurant with a marina and slips, and it's not too far from the airport.
http://www.hulabayclub.com/

FormulaOne
05-14-2009, 10:08 AM
anywhere to be able to see some boats

I would start outside by the water.
Or the toy section in WALMART

FULL FORCE
05-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Thanks... I looked at the toy section but nothing good...:sifone:

FULL FORCE
05-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Bummer. Oh well...Too bad i can't take off this week, otherwise I'd like to meet up Friday.
Anyway, a good place to stop for lunch and be around boats would be Hula Bay. It's a great Tiki Hut/Bar/Restaurant with a marina and slips, and it's not too far from the airport.

Thanks, if I did not have to be home I would stay, I appreciate the offer though... IU will try to check that place out, looks cool!

florida gator
05-14-2009, 11:34 AM

That's the only downside to living in Fl. You never get to say I'm visiting and get offered a ride on a bad azz boat:(

Oh well, I'm pretty spoiled by the amount of time I get to spend on the water anyway. Had lunch at the Undertow yesterday, dinner at Caddy's the night before and wade fishing to the live music from the Sloppy Pelican and Philthy Phils the last 2 nights. Not to brag though......

Buoy
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
That's the only downside to living in Fl. You never get to say I'm visiting and get offered a ride on a bad azz boat:(

Oh well, I'm pretty spoiled by the amount of time I get to spend on the water anyway. Had lunch at the Undertow yesterday, dinner at Caddy's the night before and wade fishing to the live music from the Sloppy Pelican and Philthy Phils the last 2 nights. Not to brag though......

Caddy's is one of my favorite places down there.

Buoy
05-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Gator's is also a good place, but I imagine John's Pass is still all tore up...

florida gator
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes and no signs of it getting better anytime soon. I paid a visit right before I started my diet and stopped drinking a couple weeks ago and got really hammered!!!!

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 12:55 PM

The powers of deduction around here are second to none.
:sifone: :26: :)

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks, if I did not have to be home I would stay, I appreciate the offer though... IU will try to check that place out, looks cool!

Very cool. It's a nice place. Enjoy it. :)

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Well, you can always come visit me at the marina. :)

Had lunch at the Undertow yesterday, dinner at Caddy's the night before and wade fishing to the live music from the Sloppy Pelican and Philthy Phils the last 2 nights. Not to brag though......
You're just hating life the last few days, aren't ya? ;)
Sounds like good times. The weather's been perfect.

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Caddy's is one of my favorite places down there.That place is okay, except when crazy northerners come visit, and seduce the locals into dancing. ;)

Buoy
05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
That place is okay, except when crazy northerners come visit, and seduce the locals into dancing. ;)

I know nothing of what you speak.

Never happened.:sifone:

florida gator
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Work has been crazy all year so I'm just starting to enjoy everything. But it's pretty awesome when you can wade around a point in the pass, listening to live music and work your way around to a great beach bar and watch the sunset while eating dinner!!!

I did get a citation on the boat at Caddy's a few weeks ago. They moved the area you can anchor up.

What marina are you in? I see alot of perf boats but haven't really met anyone from here to know if it's members or not.

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm at the Harborage Marina. As far as perf boats go, there's a 36 Outlaw there, a supercharged 27 Fountain, a 29 fountain, a couple Donzis, 2 Scarabs, and my Cig. Not a bad crowd.

I remember your thread about the ticket. That sucks.

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I know nothing of what you speak.

Never happened.:sifone:

"Who me?"
:26:

florida gator
05-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm at the Harborage Marina. As far as perf boats go, there's a 36 Outlaw there, a supercharged 27 Fountain, a 29 fountain, a couple Donzis, 2 Scarabs, and my Cig. Not a bad crowd.

I remember your thread about the ticket. That sucks.

Is that the marina just south of the airport downtown? I believe a buddy of mine keeps his boat there. Do they have dry storage?

cigdaze
05-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes, that's the one - about a mile south of the airport, adjacent to the Coast Guard base. They have about 600 floating wet slips, and about 400 dry stack.

FULL FORCE
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM

Offshore boats hang there at all?

cigdaze
05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Ya, I'll occasionally see offshores there. It's not a hotbed of high-perf or anything, but it's a popular local destination.

FULL FORCE
05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Ya, I'll occasionally see offshores there. It's not a hotbed of high-perf or anything, but it's a popular local destination.

Great place! just left and I am at airport now.... light buzz... hot barmaids...that made it so worth it!!

Thanks!

fund razor
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
CigDaze.... Don't go to Tampa/St. Pete without him. :D

LaughingCat
05-15-2009, 07:05 PM
We recently had a poker run in the area and Jayboat got some unbelievable equipment on film. do they reside in the area or travel in for the run? If they live local, where do they hang on the weekends?

florida gator
05-16-2009, 04:02 PM
There are alot of great looking boats around here. I don't ever really see any of them hanging together in a group. Gators is always a good spot to see tehm either hanging out or coming in and out of the Pass. Shephards is another, usually a few nice boats there or runing in and out. Other than that, if you're out on the water most of the area islands usually have a few nice boats hanging around.

cigdaze
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Great place! just left and I am at airport now.... light buzz... hot barmaids...that made it so worth it!!

Thanks!

Glad you liked it. We've always had a good time there.
:)

cigdaze
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Great weekend to be here.
:cool: