PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Ocean Race Thunderboat Rally

stecz20
05-12-2009, 07:08 PM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/RPM1075/SERIOUS%20stuff/BIMINI1.jpg

The hottest event this Summer!!
The 2nd Annual Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Challenge
Weekend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

Including

Bimini Ocean Race
Thunderboat Rally
Is Back!!
June 11th - 14th, 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

And WE ARE SEEKING SPONSORS!!! The highly anticipated Sunny Isles Beach Offshore
Challenge weekend is almost here!!!!
The finest and fastest boats on the water will be competing all weekend for #1 status
in speed, looks, crew, trophies, international exposure and everlasting bragging
rights.

The most exotic Boats, Cars, Motorcycles, and Choppers on the market today will
be on display thru-out this HIGH-OCTANE offshore event at the Race Village.

If you're a Business Owner and looking for new and exciting ways to market yourself-
THIS IS IT! Thousands of fans and spectators will be there experiencing the RAW
FURY of 1100+ horse power Offshore Race and Pleasure boats FLYING THRU THE WATER
and to lay eyes on the most ELITE TOYS in South Florida on EXHIBIT IN ONE AREA!!
This is it folks!! The place to be and it only happens once a year- RESERVE YOU
SPOT TODAY!!

ATTENTION VENDORS!!!
Vending Space is still available at the Race Village. CALL and CLAIM Your Spot -ASAP.
Space is limited and running out fast.

For info: contact event producers - Offshore Events LLC:

Larry Goldman 305.947.3278 lgxtremefl@aol.com

Brad Schoenwald 954.560.9080 bcschoe@msn.com

Marketing and Event Coordinator
David Lee Roth 561.305.6086 davidleeroth@publicist.com

Chris
05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Therer was some buzz about this race a while back. Otis was talking about doing it, as was Tommy Gun. Last I heard, Rob was still up in the air on defending his title. I'm assuming a bunch of the OSS racers will be doing the run since they're there anyway.

Who's going for sure?

Chris
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I just noticed the last contact name on the release. Is that a joke and if not, is Eddie cool with this?

PARADOX
05-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm planning to attend.. There was a Gino thread some time ago for misc. "HELP"
I'm waiting for some feedback from some other individuals, however. Will let you guys know for sure.

JupiterSunsation
05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I just noticed the last contact name on the release. Is that a joke and if not, is Eddie cool with this?

Looks like Diamond Dave has a side job between tours!

As a side note the Jacksonville Poker Run is the weekend before so for anyone that is attending that event the Bimini run is the next weekend about 350 miles further south.... Would make a great double header!

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Looks like Diamond Dave has a side job between tours!

As a side note the Jacksonville Poker Run is the weekend before so for anyone that is attending that event the Bimini run is the next weekend about 350 miles further south.... Would make a great double header!

You are exactly right. I was trying to think of a special incentive for west of the mississippi guys to roll down. We will all be in Jacksonville for the run

Sean Stinson
05-12-2009, 10:36 PM
I am planning on being there.....debating on running the race with an old racing associate from back in the day and we are going for a record....we already hold a kilo record together....when I was doing the chief mechanic duties for him!!!!

Sean Stinson
05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
So I will need SeriousOffshore stickers for the boat.......

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Who's going for sure?

Freeze Frame is planning on running in his recently restored '80 30 Superboat. I am looking forward to it.

Ron P
05-12-2009, 11:42 PM
This weekend - Cumberland - then onto Sunny Isles Beach!!!

Geico will be doing a huge media blast on radio and TV about this race so it should be packed with spectators this year.

And I hear the Bikini Contest will be over the top!!!

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-13-2009, 07:02 AM
[
And I hear the Bikini Contest will be over the top!!![/QUOTE]

http://bettybangs.net

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 07:41 AM
For the guys west of the Mississippi maybe some type of break on fees

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 07:42 AM
This weekend - Cumberland - then onto Sunny Isles Beach!!!

Geico will be doing a huge media blast on radio and TV about this race so it should be packed with spectators this year.

And I hear the Bikini Contest will be over the top!!!

Good luck in Cumberland this weekend Ron.....

jayboat
05-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Should be a great weekend! :cheers2:

Here's what's been posted on the OSO thread:

Racers from 2008 pre-registered
MERCEDES , Gino Gargulio,Larry Goldman 1st PL.- 1hr,44sec.
AMSOIL , Bob Teaque,Paul Wittier 1st PL. -1hr,4min.47 sec.
PEPPERS, Mike & George Stancomb 1hr,6min.23 sec.
RACHELS, Keith Johnson, 1hr,8min.28sec.
XXX 47 Outerlimits , Jim Wiley 1hr,10min.34sec.
TIME FLIES ,George Kovacs 1hr,30min.23sec.
BAD GIRL ,OFFSHORE drill'n 1hr.41min.20sec.
Lamborghini Miami, Richie Prince DNF

New registrants for 2009
AQUA-MANIA G-3 ,Gregg Rosen, R.Merola 50 Mystic
GIECO racing Scotty b & Marc Garnet 50 mystic
TNT , Johnny Tomlinson,Mike Chera 44 MTI
CMS , Bob Bull, Randy Scism 44 MTI
LEHMAN Brothers, Teddy Lehman ,Ben Lehman 43 Nortech
FREEDOM US-1, JIM Lee 46 SKATER
MOTION Marine, Manny Roman 43 MOTION
MOTION marine, Stanley Nunez CCP Motion
Paul Reddish, John Costello 40 Skater
Platninum ,Bill Pyburn 388 skater {IF MY BOAT DON"T BREAK }
GOLD-RUSH , NORTECH 50 ???? We hope !!
PANTERA ,Pepe,& Joey Nunez
FOUNTAIN , CAT KILLER ,Ben Robertson,Reggie WCB
Extreme Vortec Steve Miklos Adib Mastry
freeze frame 30 superboat

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-13-2009, 07:50 AM

I thought about that. Maybe if you show up to Jacksonville, roll your rig to Miami, Free secure storage at Larrys compound and a reduced entry fee. But would that **** off the guys who pay the full $1000.00 because they are lucky enought to live here.

Thanks for the feedback. Just typeing outloud here

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Hey Brad give me a holler when you have a chance 609 317 5466

Chris
05-13-2009, 07:56 AM
If you're pi$$ed because you live in S. Florida and have year-round access to the most amazing boating water in the world, you really need to consider taking a deep breath and getting over it. ;)

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-13-2009, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=Sean Stinson;219129]Hey Brad give me a holler when you have a chance 609 317 5466[/QUOTE

Thanks I will, Probably this afternoon.

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 08:00 AM
If you're pi$$ed because you live in S. Florida and have year-round access to the most amazing boating water in the world, you really need to consider taking a deep breath and getting over it. ;)

Chris are you going to be there??

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Look all the Cali people need to come and race this if you're going to Jacksonville dump your stuff at Larry's for free fly home and come back and race....i would hate to see you cat guys get your a$$es handed to you by an old heavy V-bottom.....And dont cry broke I know you guys!!!!!

Chris
05-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Chris are you going to be there??

Up in the air right now. I have some developing business commitments that aren't solidified yet. And if I go, I don't want to watch from the beach, so I'd need to arrange a seat.

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 08:25 AM
I spoke with Brad he will store your equipment for free and give you a break on the entry fee!!!!! Thats if you are coming from Cali.....Tank bring your boat its perfect water for the big cig bro....

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Up in the air right now. I have some developing business commitments that aren't solidified yet. And if I go, I don't want to watch from the beach, so I'd need to arrange a seat.

I am sure I can find you a ride in something!!!!!

Chris
05-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Last year, the rules prohibited anyone other than working crew in the boat. Has that changed this year?

I remember alot of apprehension prior to last years race- alot of potential participants had only seen poker run safety rules and I think were a little intimidated by race rules. Maybe if someone walked through the requirements, which in reality weren't all that different. Helmets was the biggest issue I saw.

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Last year, the rules prohibited anyone other than working crew in the boat. Has that changed this year?

I remember alot of apprehension prior to last years race- alot of potential participants had only seen poker run safety rules and I think were a little intimidated by race rules. Maybe if someone walked through the requirements, which in reality weren't all that different. Helmets was the biggest issue I saw.

I wasn't there last year so I don't know what the criteria is but if you want a ride in just a boat that would probably be easy enough...

You, Stecz, and Otis should run the Gladiator over and back!!!!!

baddogz28
05-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Jo and Pepe are running the new 28SR I take it? Nice to see them representing PANTERA at the race. :D

MarylandMark
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM

No can do; nobody can be in the back seat

Chris
05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I wasn't there last year so I don't know what the criteria is but if you want a ride in just a boat that would probably be easy enough...

Glad is in the shop getting new clothes. Dunno if it'll be done

Maybe Larry or Brad can address the rules thing. Last year they had all the details on-line.

Top Banana
05-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Glad is in the shop getting new clothes. Dunno if it'll be done

Maybe Larry or Brad can address the rules thing. Last year they had all the details on-line.

Yes.....please contact Larry or Brad re this years race.

HORBA is not involved in this years race in any way and some people have been contacting me re the rules etc.

Just wanted to clear that up before someone says that, HORBA said.....

I'm sure that Larry or Brad can help you out with any questions you may have.

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Yes.....please contact Larry or Brad re this years race.

HORBA is not involved in this years race in any way and some people have been contacting me re the rules etc.

Just wanted to clear that up before someone says that, HORBA said.....

I'm sure that Larry or Brad can help you out with any questions you may have.

Who contacted you? No reason for any confusion.

In reality the rules are really strait forward and easy for a regular performance pleasure boat to comply. Read through the rule book, you can down load from the documents link on the website and call with any questions.

www.SIBOffshore.com

Chris
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Brad- last year's race rules called for a 60 lb race jacket but many competed with the Lifeline poker run jackets. Is that going to happen this year as well?

Ratickle
05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
No can do; nobody can be in the back seat

Just strap Stecz on the bow. He'd look like a figure head on a ship.....

I already saw him on the bow of a boat recently.....:sifone:

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-13-2009, 09:16 PM
This rule was difficult to define due to availiblity and advances in the design of the jackets. (The rule book has not kept up with jacket design.) Comp Pro vests best comply with the rule, however dispensation for use of new style #160 starter jackets (Poker Run Lifelines) will be granted for certain classes and hull types. In other words if you are running open boats less than 100 MPH.

Chris
05-13-2009, 10:09 PM
good to know. Buying $1200 worth of vests for one event might be a barrier for some. If you've got a 100mph boat, you needed them anyway ;)

OldSchool
05-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Just testing something here :)

Top Banana
05-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Who contacted you? No reason for any confusion.

In reality the rules are really strait forward and easy for a regular performance pleasure boat to comply. Read through the rule book, you can down load from the documents link on the website and call with any questions.

www.SIBOffshore.com

Brad.....people remembered that HORBA had the rules on our website last year along with the entry form to be downloaded.

I explained to them that HORBA is not involved with the Bimini race this year and that is why we took them down.

Gave them your website to go to for any needed info, or told them to contact you directly.

jeff1000man
05-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Price break?? Did somebody say price break??

Sean Stinson
05-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Price break?? Did somebody say price break??

Yes we did mention price break that was for the Cali people but I am sure that Brad will listen to any case you may have to make and make a decision after hearing your circumstances!!!!

jeff1000man
05-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes we did mention price break that was for the Cali people but I am sure that Brad will listen to any case you may have to make and make a decision after hearing your circumstances!!!!

TX. Is Weat of the MISS.

I really don't want to make a big deal of it until after I know the boat is going to be ready.

I realy want to get in on this deal this year though.:biggrinjester:

Sean Stinson
05-14-2009, 11:39 AM
TX. Is Weat of the MISS.

I really don't want to make a big deal of it until after I know the boat is going to be ready.

I realy want to get in on this deal this year though.:biggrinjester:

I will talk with Brad I throw west of the Mississippi out there when we talked he said Cali.....The free storage thing was for people from out westthat were attending Jacksonville Poker Run so they didnt have to worry about this that and the other!!!!

Sean Stinson
05-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Just spoke with Brad he said West of the Mississippi will get a reduced entry fee...And if you attend the Jacksonville Poker Run free storage at Extreme Marine (Larry Goldmans) between the events!!!!

jeff1000man
05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
That's cool stuff. Don't think I will get that much time away from the office, but it would be nice.

RHC
05-15-2009, 07:54 AM
It's good to see cool/level heads working to-gether to make this event happen, best of luck and have a safe weekend guys. I wish you the best!

RHC

Tommy Gun
05-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Looks to me like you'll need a helmet; 60lb lifeline, safety lanyard for the passenger, and a permanently installed VHF radio...I'm guessing velcro on the hand held won't fly?

xtremepowerboats
05-16-2009, 11:53 AM
We just spoke to the magazines thatwill be covering the BIMINI OCEAN Race & the SIB Offshore Challenge weekend with { OSS } .They are seriously going to cover this event .This weekend will also be covered by Performance Boats and FOX sports TV !They will have interviews of the racers that attend and also the REUNION photo of the 2008 Particapants too !Everyone that attended in 2008 needs to be here for this HISTORIC photo opportunity !!Years from now when the new offshore powerboaters are looking back ,this is the photo that will become history !See you all:drool5: in Sunny isles beach june 11th !

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks to me like you'll need a helmet; 60lb lifeline, safety lanyard for the passenger, and a permanently installed VHF radio...I'm guessing velcro on the hand held won't fly?

Just need to install a 25 watt fixed radio if you dont already have one. This can me a temp install as long as it is secure. Easy to do. I have a few Comp Pro vests in stock in race ready orange!

BRAD SCHOENWALD
05-16-2009, 08:25 PM
.This weekend will also be covered by Performance Boats and FOX sports TV !

PerformanceBoats.com is now producing the OSS show on FOX Sports.

Biloxi airs: June 15th Lake Cumberland airs June 22nd, 3-5 Time slot. The Sunny Isle Beach Date is TBD.

RACESDAD
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Lucas Oil / PEPPERS is in for this event

Freezeframevideo
05-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Freeze Frame is planning on running in his recently restored '80 30 Superboat. I am looking forward to it.
Freeze frame boat Is trying To Make It

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/westpalm09/scan0007-1.jpg

xtremepowerboats
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Now this is getting KOOL!!Alot of new entrys this week .

jayboat
05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Freeze frame boat Is trying To Make It

Put down that camera and pick up a wrench!!! :26:

Freezeframevideo
05-19-2009, 09:45 PM
We Are working on it soon it will Be Done Thanks

Sean Stinson
05-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Wheres all the west coast boys man up gentlemen.....Its just like making the trip to Catalina and back TWICE....I have been bragging you guys up for a long time dont make me look bad!!!!!!!

Wardey
05-24-2009, 06:04 PM
I'll be floating somewhere in between...... Can't wait. Should be a good time. Dave

Sean Stinson
05-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I'll be floating somewhere in between...... Can't wait. Should be a good time. Dave

Ok bro I have to get used to the East & West Coast Florida thing but West Coast to me is California...:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Freezeframevideo
05-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Engine Room Done Tommorow prime Everthing Pull It Out And Spark It Up Test On Wend I Hope Good To Go For Sunny Isles run 100 Miles

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9864.jpg

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9868.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9871.jpg

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9874.jpg

xtremepowerboats
05-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Damn Jeff ,This boat is really looking Good !!
I think that you are in for a really challenging time ,Now who is going to take the photos ??
Saturday June 13th The THUNDERBOAT RALLY is ctarting to shape up with some really KOOL boats .Then we will be running to the keyes for a Brunch with the famous Jimmie Johnson & Other NFL players at the BIG CHILL in key Largo. Save a seat for a foootball player .

Freezeframevideo
05-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Helicopter Is Rented Greg From scream And Fly We Shoot Photos of The Run I Am In. And I Will shoot for Sat And Sun . The Race And week Should Be Real Good Looking Foward To It See You Soon Freeze Frame Back To Work

glassdave
05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Engine Room Done Tommorow prime Everthing Pull It Out And Spark It Up Test On Wend I Hope Good To Go For Sunny Isles run 100 Miles

looks great Jeff see ya there :cool:

Sean Stinson
05-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Nice job Jeff...Boat is looking sweet bro!!!!

Freezeframevideo
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Sean Here Is Today Pulling Out of Shop Fire It up

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9943.jpg

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9930.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9925.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9897.jpg

Freezeframevideo
05-25-2009, 04:05 PM
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9922.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9914.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9904.jpg

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9897.jpg

Freezeframevideo
05-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Pull Boat off Trailer needs Help
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9947.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9948.jpg

Dash Is Complete Ready To Go

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/Freeze%20Frame%20Rebuild/IMG_9950.jpg

Getting Real Close Now But Opa Race In Ocean City Next Week!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Hot diggity

Sean Stinson
05-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Jeff you're just having way too much fun.....This is what boat racing is all about taking something that is your baby and breathing a renewed vigor into it!!!!

Freezeframevideo
05-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Jeff you're just having way too much fun.....This is what boat racing is all about taking something that is your baby and breathing a renewed vigor into it!!!!

Way To Much Fun,get The trailer fixed And Test It I Should Be good To Go

Going To Ocean City ,boat on Hold For Now Thanks Freeze Frame

Freezeframevideo
06-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Good To go test tomorow Special Thanks Supreme Marine Ft lauderdale.

jayboat
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
The pits are starting to fill up. Sunny skies in south Florida.

jayboat
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
couple more...

sledge
06-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Where's the best place to get in, beach parking or the ramp entrance? Does the $10pp cover the parking or just getting in?

Sean Stinson
06-15-2009, 07:12 PM
What a great time....I had a blast at the party and even ran into a very old friend that I haven't seen in years!!!!!

Bruce Tobiassen
06-15-2009, 08:08 PM
What a great time....I had a blast at the party and even ran into a very old friend that I haven't seen in years!!!!!

That was Sat. nite what about Sun. (ALLDAY!!!) Thanks man I had a blast