PDA

View Full Version : 100 MPH Police Chase in your Boss's Bentley.....

JupiterSunsation
05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Police charge Bentley driver clocked at more than 100 mph along A1A in Manalapan, South Palm Beach
By ELIOT KLEINBERG

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A man is charged with leading police on a 100 mph chase down State Road A1A in South Palm Beach and Manalapan early Sunday before smashing his company's Bentley into a guard rail.

He then ran away, leaving behind two injured passengers, one of which had a broken arm, authorities said.

Remarkably, the crash is one of two that occurred days apart at Manalapan's treacherous Chillingworth Curve, and both involved Bentleys, luxury cars that often run in the six figures.

Sigurd Henriksen, 49,, of Kristiansand, Norway, who a police supervisor said is believed to be a corporate pilot, turned himself in to Manalapan police this morning, records show. He was being held in lieu of $5,000 bond and was expected to have a bond hearing Wednesday morning.

Henriksen is charged with hit and run and failing to stop at a crash involving injury.

According to police, Henriksen was racing a 2004 Bentley south down the coast road about 2 a.m. Sunday and refused to stop for South Palm Beach police, who clocked him at 105 mph.

At Chillingworth Curve, which is in the 1500 block of South Ocean Boulevard, and where the speed limit is 35 mph, the car struck a guardrail.

Henriksen then ran from the car, police said.

Two people in the car were taken to Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach; both had minor cuts and the woman a broken arm, authorities said. The car suffered minor damage.

After the car's owner was contacted, Henriksen came to Manalapan police this morning, police Lt. Carmen Mattox said.

In the first crash, about 11 p.m. Thursday, a southbound 2006 Bentley lost control on the curve, struck the guard rail, and ended up in the landscaping at a private home, police said.

The driver and three passengers were taken to JFK Medical Center in Atlantis with minor injuries.

Police said the car was a total loss. The driver was cited for careless driving.

Police said they found no evidence of open containers in either car.

Perlmudder
05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
well that sucks.

DollaBill
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
he was the owners pilot? if so, no biggie. the owners got a great story to tell about his crazy pilot. He'll buy a new one

fund razor
05-12-2009, 06:44 PM
he was the owners pilot? if so, no biggie. the owners got a great story to tell about his crazy pilot. He'll buy a new one
Exactly... and this one was minor damage. It was the other accident at the bottom that was a total loss.

JupiterSunsation
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
For those who have never been to the area, A1A is a scenic 2 lane road below a canopy of trees at times and is lined with mansions. The beach is on one side and the intracoastal is on the other.......not exactly a freeway to run 100....

A couple of years back I went to the Breakers in Palm Beach to pick up some money from a client. My cousin came with me and we were leaving in my M3 convertible. As we pull out an S class Mercedes blew past us. We caught them at the next light and proceeded to street race light to light. We hit 100 and laughed............Who was driving the S class......None other than Paris Hilton.

Of course my cousin (very laid back yankee blue blood wannabe) thought it was the coolest to stop at the breakers and street race Paris on the way home like it was regular thing. Kid told me years later he had never been that fast in any car...... I laughed at that point......

MattBMiller
05-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Hell yea! Why would you run from the 5-0 in your own Bentley?!?

phragle
05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Police charge Bentley driver clocked at more than 100 mph along A1A in Manalapan, South Palm Beach
By ELIOT KLEINBERG

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A man is charged with leading police on a 100 mph chase down State Road A1A in South Palm Beach and Manalapan early Sunday before smashing his company's Bentley into a guard rail.

Police said they found no evidence of open containers in either car, although several broken containers of GreyPoupon were found at the scene.

:sifone: