PDA

View Full Version : Consider Orange Beach, AL. for OPA Worlds!

Coach
05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
When everyone came down from the Jersey shores in 2003, and made our first race in Orange Beach a smash hit! There's been a connection ever since... I remember the look on Gary Nichols face when he told all of us, he talked to Smitty and the Jersey Boys are coming! Orange Beach is a great fit for this OPA Invitational Worlds.

The Mobile, AL. airport can support huge cargo air delivers... this is a no brainer for south Alabama, and the whole coast there. They have a music writers festival in the fall.... It's a magical fit, to consider!

Ray Pusillo
(Coach)

TYPHOON
05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Well if we cant have one you might as well have 3 or even more!:lurk5:
MD

phragle
05-10-2009, 01:49 PM
one world..one worlds... nothing against coach or orange beach. but a world champion is supposed to be a world champion... hell if someone wants to be a world champion, I can thow some bouys in the lake, call it the phragle rocks the boat offshore international world championships. send me $500 BUCKS, i WILL CREATE A CLASS JUST FOR YOU... since nobody else enters your class, you win by default and don't even have to show up. As soon as your $500 Check clears, I will send you your trophy and wall plaque, signifing your status as WORLD CHAMPION. If you include an 8x10 digital image of your boat, I will photoshop you crossing the finish line in first place, so there can be no question.

SVL66
05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Im not sure what Coach's adjenda is, but OSS and SBI already have their worlds lined up. OPA finishes its regular season in October and then they (OPA) have the choice to join in on the fun in KW or Jupiter. We dont need anymore sites, we just need everyone to be at the ones that exist now. More boats less race sites will attract more publicity and hopefully sponsorship. Lets get it together.

Hey Coach, No direspect intended. But you have been doin alot of posting lately. It would be nice if you introduced yourself to the racing community and how you fit into all of this. Are you a fan, promoter, racer. ex racer, ex promoter etc?

thanks

Sean Stinson
05-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Im not sure what Coach's adjenda is, but OSS and SBI already have their worlds lined up. OPA finishes its regular season in October and then they (OPA) have the choice to join in on the fun in KW or Jupiter. We dont need anymore sites, we just need everyone to be at the ones that exist now. More boats less race sites will attract more publicity and hopefully sponsorship. Lets get it together.

Hey Coach, No direspect intended. But you have been doin alot of posting lately. It would be nice if you introduced yourself to the racing community and how you fit into all of this. Are you a fan, promoter, racer. ex racer, ex promoter etc?

thanks

It's all up to you guys the racers if you want to unify.....I as of late have more hours on the phone with the racers and 2 of the orgs....I already know and respect JC's position!!!

2 major sticky points as I see it are fees and tech guidelines.....

There has not been this much conversation going on about racing since the late 90's when a significant movement arose and took it a level never befroe seen....sadly it fell short and it was oh so very close to sealing the deal but I am not going to rehash it....we are at a crossroads once again it's time to act or not the choice is in all of you not me or a coup[le of other guys that have been vocal it's up to you!!!!!!!!!!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-10-2009, 02:43 PM

thanks

I am interested too.

SVL66
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I helped Orange Beach get the first two races established... the APBA Offshore race in the fall of 2003 was a racing in paradise experience for everyone!

Ray

ok...this helps a bit. Where have you been hiding all these years?