PDA

View Full Version : This would be a nice way to live on the water

BlackJack58
04-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Just wanted to share this for those who have not seen it before - a few weeks back, Rich Lazzara of Lazzara Yachts sent me some pics for my website from the Palm Beach Boat show, and following up I came across this awesome project they completed last year.

It's a floating "Product Showcase" they built on a barge - the end result is pretty spectacular, but it's also interesting in that they had to custom-fabricate a new fiberglass barge to built it on. Since the cost to just build the huge mold would have been more than the barge itself, they used their construction BUILDING as the mold (see the bottom photo) which is a great example of ingenuity.

Their first show, they had to tow it from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale at about 5 knots...needless to say, it's not always easy to manage in the wind...

Something like this would be great to live on, that's for sure. Would look great with a nice boat tied up alongside. There are a couple more photos and more details on the project here:

http://bigbadboat.blogspot.com/2009/04/you-dont-always-have-to-be-fast-to-be.html

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/bigbadboat/laz1.jpg

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/bigbadboat/laz3.jpg

cigdaze
04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
So, that's what that is...I've seen it locally a little while back, and just thought is was a very unique houseboat. Very cool.

Nice site, too. :cool:

Sea-Dated
04-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Cool

Perlmudder
04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
neat!

BraceYourself
04-29-2009, 01:17 PM
My dream boat would be the Lazzara 75 LSX.
Quad engine beast...

MattBMiller
04-29-2009, 01:23 PM
That's cool as hell!

JupiterSunsation
04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I know Richie Lazzara very well. My wife's sister married into that family. They have some extremely innovative products coming to market. That show barge is 10,000 sq ft, is self contained, has hurricane/impact glass, an elevator and a helipad on the roof. The audio/visual capabilities are insane and includes an outdoor screen like you would see at a football field.

Jeremy....the new 75 LSX flybridge is headed towards production now. Same boat but improved and has a killer flybridge like the 92 LSX. My uncle owns hull #3 LSX 75 and has run the boat up and down the east coast for the past two years.

www.Lazzarayachts.com

BraceYourself
04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I know Richie Lazzara very well. My wife's sister married into that family. They have some extremely innovative products coming to market. That show barge is 10,000 sq ft, is self contained, has hurricane/impact glass, an elevator and a helipad on the roof. The audio/visual capabilities are insane and includes an outdoor screen like you would see at a football field.

Jeremy....the new 75 LSX flybridge is headed towards production now. Same boat but improved and has a killer flybridge like the 92 LSX. My uncle owns hull #3 LSX 75 and has run the boat up and down the east coast for the past two years.

www.Lazzarayachts.com

That is awesome. How is it to dock?

JupiterSunsation
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
That is awesome. How is it to dock?

10 year old with Nintendo experience could dock it with 5ft of clearance on the bow and stern on the first attempt. Also has GPS idle option that would allow you to "dock it" hit the button and it would stay dockside idling without ropes holding it to the dock. Wouldn't want to rely on GPS to hold my 4mm dollar boat dockside but it could do it hypothetically.

BraceYourself
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
10 year old with Nintendo experience could dock it with 5ft of clearance on the bow and stern on the first attempt. Also has GPS idle option that would allow you to "dock it" hit the button and it would stay dockside idling without ropes holding it to the dock. Wouldn't want to rely on GPS to hold my 4mm dollar boat dockside but it could do it hypothetically.

Isn't the more realistic price 3 million new. Retail high 3's ???

JupiterSunsation
04-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Isn't the more realistic price 3 million new. Retail high 3's ???

you can hit 4mm if you get crazy on the options.......yes MSRP but with high demand low production you will be looking at used at 3mm.

cosmic12
04-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Thats amazing!!!! What a way to live,

rschap1
04-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Wow

Jassman
04-30-2009, 10:13 AM
My dream boat would be the Lazzara 75 LSX.
Quad engine beast...

that was one georgeous boat..one of my favorites at the show..

Jassman
04-30-2009, 10:14 AM
you can hit 4mm if you get crazy on the options.......yes MSRP but with high demand low production you will be looking at used at 3mm.

Im ready to trade my house for one of those...:sifone:

Sydwayz
04-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Thank goodness it's not a twin step!

JonathanMangual
04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to share this for those who have not seen it before - a few weeks back, Rich Lazzara of Lazzara Yachts sent me some pics for my website from the Palm Beach Boat show, and following up I came across this awesome project they completed last year.

It's a floating "Product Showcase" they built on a barge - the end result is pretty spectacular, but it's also interesting in that they had to custom-fabricate a new fiberglass barge to built it on. Since the cost to just build the huge mold would have been more than the barge itself, they used their construction BUILDING as the mold (see the bottom photo) which is a great example of ingenuity.

Their first show, they had to tow it from Tampa to Ft. Lauderdale at about 5 knots...needless to say, it's not always easy to manage in the wind...

Something like this would be great to live on, that's for sure. Would look great with a nice boat tied up alongside. There are a couple more photos and more details on the project here:

http://bigbadboat.blogspot.com/2009/04/you-dont-always-have-to-be-fast-to-be.html

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/bigbadboat/laz1.jpg

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/bigbadboat/laz3.jpg

different but cool