PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who have inquired

cuda
04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Today they started me on a regimine of steroilds
for my brain lesions. They must be working already. I fed the dogs.
walked across the street to talk to ny neighbor, went to the store, went to
the bank, all sans my cane. The only side effect's I've noticed is
irritablity, and upset stomach.

I sure feel both of them. :)
Joe

ChiefApache
04-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm sure it's not easy cuda! Keep the faith sweetie. We'll keep you in our prayers. The steriods should increase your appetite too, which will be good for you.

fund razor
04-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I didn't notice the upset stomach. ;) :D

Hope that you are feeling better soon Cuda!

Wrinkleface
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
back on top soon Dude!!!!:sifone:

RedDog382
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Are they talking about surgery to remove the tumor at some point?

cuda
04-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Are they talking about surgery to remove the tumor at some point?

I have two separate issues. the tumor (acousti neuroma), and the brain lesions. The nerologist thought that the acoustic neuroma would be too small to cause me to walk this badly, this quickly. Either way, if they shrink, I should have to go under the kinfe, or the gamma knife.

Doc said everone reacts differently to steroid, he said I might show signs of immediate relief.

I'm pretty sure it's not the placebo effect, if it is, I wished they'd make em taste better. They taste like chit! At least my tastebuds haven't been affected my dad said today. :)

cuda
04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Today has been an emotional rollercoaster for me, and I'm not like that at all. Happy as hell one minute, then blue, then mad!

I like happy better.:)

Ratickle
04-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Happy as hell one minute, then blue, then mad!

I hadn't noticed.....:)

Hey, you take care. If you need me to talk to Wayne State, you know I will.

BBB725
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the update Joe.

Perlmudder
04-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Good to hear Cuda! I wish you the best!! =)

cigdaze
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Get well Joe. Best wishes.
:)

Buoy
04-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Keep up with what the Doc says.
We're all saying our prayers.

OldSchool
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Hang in there Joe!!!! We're all rooting for you!:)

Craig and Nancy

masher44
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Get Well! Hope the progress continues!

ThrottleUp Props
04-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Keep going forward Joe...fight the fight!

Julie

Dude! Sweet!
04-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Hang in there bud. Good luck.

Tom A.
04-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Keep the faith Cuda!
We are keeping you in our thoughts!

Ted
04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Joe, hang in there buddy, you can kick this thing's ass.

LaughingCat
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Cuda,

I don't know you personally (yet) but talking with you is usually entertaining and sometimes downright colorful. After all, if everyone thought exactly like me, the world would be a boring place.

I hope this treatment works for you.

Jon

Bobcat
04-29-2009, 06:33 AM
hang tough, we will have that beer someday!

Slick02
04-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Good luck Joe, I live close enough to you if you ever need anything let me know and I'll help out all I can, I live in Apopka and traveling 44 I can be in Deland in 45minutes. pm me and I'll give you my cell#

45Sonic
04-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Hang in there. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Smile we all still love you.

Roger 1
04-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Best wishes for a full recovery Joe.

Roger

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Good luck Joe, I live close enough to you if you ever need anything let me know and I'll help out all I can, I live in Apopka and traveling 44 I can be in Deland in 45minutes. pm me and I'll give you my cell#

Will do. You forget how knittly tight the boating community is, but they are like family when you need them.

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Much better today than yesterday. It may not sound like much, but I was able to feed the dogs, let them out, clean their room, gather them up, put them away, walk across the road to talk to Brady, pet his two dogs, get a plate of food from him (I'm eating up the world), all without the use of a cane. I actally picked my feet up to walk, instead of doing the catatonic shuffle.

We shall see, but all signs point good.

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Cuda,

I don't know you personally (yet) but talking with you is usually entertaining and sometimes downright colorful. After all, if everyone thought exactly like me, the world would be a boring place.

I hope this treatment works for you.

Jon

As long as I can be around to entertain you, I have a purpose in life. :)

If everyone acted like you, the world would be a ah, er, ah, ......a different place that I'm sure I wouldn't recognize.

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM
hang tough, we will have that beer someday!

Count on it!

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:34 AM

And your sig line is dead on! :sifone:

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Hang in there. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Smile we all still love you.

I always smile to make people wonder what I'm smiling about.:26:

cuda
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Best wishes for a full recovery Joe.

Roger

Roger, we met once in Miami. You don't strike me as the kind of guy that quits a job because it's too tough. I guarantee I've never failed at anything due to lack of effort (if ya don't count my divorce 20 years ago :) )

cuda
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
It must be the steroids, because now I think I'm Hendrix!:26:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnhGOdyDMTU

Ratickle
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
It must be the steroids, because now I think I'm Hendrix!:26:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnhGOdyDMTU

You're not??????:ack2:

BlackJack58
04-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Good to hear how things are going so far - hope things keep improving and that you come out on the other end feeling better than ever!

Hang in there, bro.

Buoy
04-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Much better today than yesterday. It may not sound like much, but I was able to feed the dogs, let them out, clean their room, gather them up, put them away, walk across the road to talk to Brady, pet his two dogs, get a plate of food from him (I'm eating up the world), all without the use of a cane. I actally picked my feet up to walk, instead of doing the catatonic shuffle.

We shall see, but all signs point good.

Glad to hear it Joe!

DonziGirl
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear things are improving for you!

cuda
04-30-2009, 11:24 AM
You're not??????:ack2:

No, I woke up to find out I'm Jakob Dylan today. :sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOz6Mt2t084

cuda
04-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I can tell tomorrow is the first of the month.

I had three guys call me about money. I bet they don't make that mistake again when I'm taking steroids, and in a roid rage. Especially waking me up before my first coke of the day. :sifone::boxing_smiley:

Other than that, better than yesterday. Only four more of those chitty tasting pills today, then I cut back to five tomorrow. I can hardly wait.:)

fund razor
04-30-2009, 12:04 PM
No, I woke up to find out I'm Jakob Dylan today. :sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOz6Mt2t084

But the video is Joe Cocker. :dupe:

MarylandMark
04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Roid rage? Coke? This sounds like how offshore boating was started!

LOL- keep up the good work Dr. Joe, MD.

Ms PatriYacht
04-30-2009, 04:12 PM

that's another side affect of the drug, mixing up rock stars:rofl:

Cuda you know I love ya, so now you finally have an legit excuse for irritability:sifone: hang in there we are all with you

MarylandMark
04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
so now you finally have an legit excuse for irritability

:rofl:

cuda
04-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Roid rage? Coke? This sounds like how offshore boating was started!

LOL- keep up the good work Dr. Joe, MD.

I was expecting something like that!

cuda
04-30-2009, 06:20 PM
that's another side affect of the drug, mixing up rock stars:rofl:

Cuda you know I love ya, so now you finally have an legit excuse for irritability:sifone: hang in there we are all with you

Smarty!

I thought you had forgotten our divine connection. :)

And a poor excuse is better than no excuse.:26:

Try this one my sis just sent me. We sang it together as kids.:sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A

cuda
04-30-2009, 06:26 PM

Better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqOwiZ8n5I

fund razor
04-30-2009, 06:44 PM
how knittly tight it is forgot I did

all signs point good

OMG!! The drugs turned him into Yoda!!

fund razor
04-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqOwiZ8n5I

I remember him. He was quiet man. I did sound for a show he did in Ohio about 10 years ago. They were more low key than any act I ever worked with. It was like they were all hung over or coming down or something.
They were good. Just odd. Like 6 or 7 of them hung around behind the stage the whole time at a festival and didn't really speak.

Another oddball backstage: Steve Smith from Journey. He was just plain whacko. I went to check on him before the show to make sure he had no PA needs or wants, and he acted like he was solving the mysteries of the universe and I screwed him up. He was such a knob I went directly to the console and hooked up a DAT deck that I had in the rack. You freak at me... I bootleg you. :)

Roger 1
05-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Smarty!

I thought you had forgotten our divine connection. :)

And a poor excuse is better than no excuse.:26:

Try this one my sis just sent me. We sang it together as kids.:sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A

LOL!!! That was my favorite song when I was just a little guy! That and "Purple people eater".

Buoy
05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
LOL!!! That was my favorite song when I was just a little guy! That and "Purple people eater".

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Now I'm going to have that damn song stuck in my head all day.:banghead:

Roger 1
05-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Roger, we met once in Miami. You don't strike me as the kind of guy that quits a job because it's too tough. I guarantee I've never failed at anything due to lack of effort (if ya don't count my divorce 20 years ago :) )

Thanks Joe. Some people call it perseverence and some call it stubborness. Hell, I can't tell the difference. I guess that it really doesn't matter what it is as long as it sees me through. Life has a way of testing you and I have developed a philosophy to get me through. When you can't see your way to next week, just worry about tomorrow. When you can't see your way to tomorrow, just go hour by hour one hour at a time. There have been times that I did'nt know how I would make it another hour so I went minute to minute. This has gotten me through some of my darkest hours. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep the faith.

Looking forward to having a beer with you someday Joe.

Roger

phragle
05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Fundy..you still do sound stuff??

Roger 1
05-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Sorry, whatever you do, don't click this link......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbGnspgy_8

fund razor
05-01-2009, 12:40 PM

This will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkIuKXwmlU

fund razor
05-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Fundy..you still do sound stuff??

Not really. At one point I would have three or four systems out a time.

I came out of retirement to mix a show a year or two ago. But I can't stay up that late anymore. :D

phragle
05-01-2009, 12:47 PM
I did a lot of clubs in san diego and la.. nothing really huge though...I found the BBE was my friend... that one device can completely change the world.

Roger 1
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM

Here, see if this makes it go away....................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXNVbvFXyk

Buoy
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Here, see if this makes it go away....................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXNVbvFXyk

WOW, that was cool!!

Roger 1
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Joe; I think that you should watch "Animusic" videos when you are taking you medicine. Some say that "medicine" actually makes them better. Just tryin' to help.

Roger

fund razor
05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I did a lot of clubs in san diego and la.. nothing really huge though...I found the BBE was my friend... that one device can completely change the world.

Did you look in my den? :D I had two full racks of outboard gear. :D

Yeah, but in the end, bbe on a whole mix is whack. BBE on a bass rig.... ok.
I think that it kind of came and went like a lot of phase shift type DSPs.

For a moment in time... I was the systems division manager at Paragon, I had a sweet studio downtown, had a bunch of rigs out, had great mixing gigs, solid on-hold messaging business and an acoustic consulting and church system business.

Sorry for the hi-jack Cuda. :)

cuda
05-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks Joe. Some people call it perseverence and some call it stubborness. Hell, I can't tell the difference. I guess that it really doesn't matter what it is as long as it sees me through. Life has a way of testing you and I have developed a philosophy to get me through. When you can't see your way to next week, just worry about tomorrow. When you can't see your way to tomorrow, just go hour by hour one hour at a time. There have been times that I did'nt know how I would make it another hour so I went minute to minute. This has gotten me through some of my darkest hours. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep the faith.

Looking forward to having a beer with you someday Joe.

Roger
It must be in our genetics.
Dad was a poor farm boy from West Virgina, but the wisest and smartest man I ever met. Dad said back when he and his two closest brothers were getting out of high school together, dad, and Charles pooled the money they made cutting timber off Grandpa's farm, gave it to Robert to start college. It was a good investment.

But he taught me a lot more life lessons. He say stuff like, "Boy, if you can't outmuscle it, you gotta outsmart it".

cuda
05-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Joe; I think that you should watch "Animusic" videos when you are taking you medicine. Some say that "medicine" actually makes them better. Just tryin' to help.

Roger
I wake up with different music on my mind everyday. Today was the Greatful Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NptWQO-F4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wSe658W_SU

cuda
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Roger

I tried to look it up, and got stuck on the Dead again.:(

nortech4play
05-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well....keep a positive attitude it's the best medicine of all...

cuda
05-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well....keep a positive attitude it's the best medicine of all...
The only problem is I've been skinny all my life (120 at gradutation) and I'm getting fatter than a barnyard possum the past three days. I want to eat everything I look at, and I've never enjoyed eating. I always said that if I didn't get hungry, I'd never eat again.:)