PDA

View Full Version : More Ethanol. Please Read This!

Fever Mike
04-25-2009, 10:45 PM
NMMA needs your help today to prevent EPA from increasing the amount of ethanol allowed in gasoline. Please take a moment to read this alert and take action.
On March 6, 2009, a new pro-ethanol lobbying organization called Growth Energy and 54 ethanol manufacturers formally requested that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) increase ethanol blend levels in gasoline up to 15 percent (E15). As is required by law, EPA on April 21 published a Notice for Comment in the Federal Register, beginning a 30-day public comment period that closes on May 21, 2009.

Ethanol Advocates are mobilizing their forces to submit 20,000 favorable comments to EPA requesting that the Agency grant a waiver for E15.

Let's beat them at their own game. There are 18 million boats currently in operation in the U.S., and none of them has been designed, certified or warrantied to run on anything above E10, the current maximum legal blend level. Boaters know very well that increased ethanol blends will cause performance problems with their boats and engines, increase maintenance costs, potentially pose safety risks and increase air pollution.

And yet, neither EPA nor any other federal agency has done a single test on the impacts of E15 on marine engines, fuel systems, or components. Marine engines and fuel systems are not designed, calibrated or certified to run on anything above 10 percent ethanol. We ask you to support a science first approach and urge EPA to deny the ethanol industry's E15 waiver request unless and until independent and comprehensive scientific testing is completed on a full range of marine engines and other products.

CLICK HERE: http://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/...ction

For more information, contact NMMA Legislative Director Mat Dunn at mdunn@nmma.org; (202) 737-9760.

jhenrie
04-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Done !

Scarab KV
04-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Done

cigdaze
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Done.

Jayhawker
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Done!

ROGUE
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Done 2

KMP
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Done! Thanks Mike,

Kent

glh
04-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Done with the wife also

Fever Mike
04-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone spread the word please. This organization is like Ethanols version of The Save the Manatee Club!

sanger rat
04-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Other than boats with fiberglass tanks there is nothing wrong with ethanol in boats.

jhenrie
04-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Other than boats with fiberglass tanks there is nothing wrong with ethanol in boats.

You must run straight alcohol in that sanger !!! :26:

I don't want it my tank whatever you say.

nifoxke
04-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Done.

cigdaze
04-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Ethanol is a solvent and has no lubricity. It destroys rubber, seals, gaskets, and ultimately leads to pump failures, clogs, and other related problems. It attracts and retains moisture and ultimately phase separation. It's energy density is less than gasoline, leading to higher consumption and $. There's absolutely no redeeming quality in ethanol fuels, other than subsidizing farms and keeping a few liberals happy. My mechanic's shop is full of boats with ethanol related failures, and Boat-U.S. has thousands of cases of published ethanol related problems. I would hardly say there's nothing wrong with it. We certainly don't need it in higher concentrations.

Sydwayz
04-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Done.

I feel for the farmers. I grew up in the middle of a cornfield, literally.

But if they need to sell more corn, I'll buy more Orville Redenbacher & Friends.

2TR
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Done and sent out to all the boaters in my e-mail address list..

sanger rat
04-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Ethanol is a solvent and has no lubricity. It destroys rubber, seals, gaskets, and ultimately leads to pump failures, clogs, and other related problems. It attracts and retains moisture and ultimately phase separation. It's energy density is less than gasoline, leading to higher consumption and $. There's absolutely no redeeming quality in ethanol fuels, other than subsidizing farms and keeping a few liberals happy. My mechanic's shop is full of boats with ethanol related failures, and Boat-U.S. has thousands of cases of published ethanol related problems. I would hardly say there's nothing wrong with it. We certainly don't need it in higher concentrations.

More for me I guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMENIGyIaqk

phragle
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
you didn't see this comming?? gas prices went up..people cried green...ethonal...the miracle..invest!! the lure of quick easy money..gas prices fell, all those investors see their money evaporating..the farmers see their record prices shriviling..the lobbiests run to shore up the slide. this will not be the last green bubble to burst..the green bubble is growing and wshington will provide as much hot air as possible to keep it growing, but it will pop sooner or later. there is nothing legitimit to fuel the bubble but hot air.

Sydwayz
04-29-2009, 08:07 AM

You must empty your 20 gallon keg-tank every time you take your boat out. For you, that's great.

For the rest of us that tend to leave at least 1/4 tank in our 100 gallon plus tank(s) week to week, the ethanol absorbs water and will ruin your chit in minutes upon firing if not planned for and treated.

Been there. Paid for that.

(I bought fuel in the Keys that was NOT marked as Ethanol. Let the boat "winter" in Florida for a few months, and when I brought it home and fired it for the first time, it ate up a lot of chit.)

Boss252
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Done

sanger rat
04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
You must empty your 20 gallon keg-tank every time you take your boat out. For you, that's great.

For the rest of us that tend to leave at least 1/4 tank in our 100 gallon plus tank(s) week to week, the ethanol absorbs water and will ruin your chit in minutes upon firing if not planned for and treated.

Been there. Paid for that.

(I bought fuel in the Keys that was NOT marked as Ethanol. Let the boat "winter" in Florida for a few months, and when I brought it home and fired it for the first time, it ate up a lot of chit.)

I never dry the tanks. It still has fuel in the tanks from last season. Never had one problem with water. You guys are missing out on a great fuel. I went from 94 unleaded 1to1 on the blower to e85 and 23% over. Here one more E85 boat for you guys. Twin turbo 540 and 20# boost. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34681001

MacGyver
04-30-2009, 03:46 AM
I'll stick to pure gas, thank you. No ethanol going into my tanks (truck, boat or riding lawn mower). Local gas stations here actually advertise "ethanol free", and I thank them :)

BBB725
04-30-2009, 09:05 AM
done

outriggers
04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
done

TomZ
05-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Done.

Scarab KV
05-01-2009, 12:37 AM

I never dry the tanks. It still has fuel in the tanks from last season. Never had one problem with water. You guys are missing out on a great fuel.

I have a couple friends that work in R&D at Mercury that would strongly disagree with you on this. All they do is abuse the $hit out of motors, then tear'm down to see how they held up. They have some pretty ugly stories about the effects of ethanol on marine motors.

sanger rat
05-01-2009, 10:31 PM
I have a couple friends that work in R&D at Mercury that would strongly disagree with you on this. All they do is abuse the $hit out of motors, then tear'm down to see how they held up. They have some pretty ugly stories about the effects of ethanol on marine motors.

I would love to hear the stories.

ROGUE
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
EPA Extends the Public Comment Period on Ethanol Waiver Application
Monday, May 18, 2009

(American Meat Institute)

EPA is extending the comment period by 60 days on a waiver application requesting an increase in the amount of ethanol blended into a gallon of gasoline to up to 15 volume percent. The original public comment period was to end on May 21, 2009, and will now end on July 20, 2009.

On April 27, AMI joined more than 30 organizations in requesting the extension, noting that because of the complexity and highly technical nature of the application’s potential implications, a 60-day extension would be needed, given the diverse array of parties that would be impacted, as well as the limited time to review.

“Granting this request will allow all interested stakeholders a more appropriate opportunity to develop useful and substantive comments for the Agency to consider. We believe it is important that all stakeholders be provided adequate review time,” the letter stated.

For more information and instructions for submitting comments on the petition go to http://www.epa.gov/otaq/additive.htm.

To view the letter AMI signed in its entirety, click here: www.meatami.com/ht/a/GetDocumentAction/i/49219

WE REALLY NEED TO HELP STOP THIS.