PDA

View Full Version : Spring Public Service Announcement!

SKATIN
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Please do NOT forget the Drain Plugs!:dupe:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zez8li.jpg

ChiefApache
04-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Ouch.

cigdaze
04-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Oh bummer! :(

Chris
04-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Everyone needs to go launch-ramp diving at least once in their boating career. It's the guys that forget to stick a spare in the glove box that I really feel sorry for.

SKATIN
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
This is the guys first boat. It's a 30 something Jupiter. Real nice hull but he doesn't have a clue. Yesterday his lift broke so he took it off and tied it to his dock and this is what I woke up to!

cigdaze
04-24-2009, 10:55 AM
He's learnin' a lot of lessons real quick - the hard way.
:(

Sean Stinson
04-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Well usually a person would back the boat in at the ramp leaving it on the trailer and check the boat and bilge for problems before actually taking it off the trailer!!! This way you dont have to go launch ramp diving!!!!

Chris
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Well usually a person would back the boat in at the ramp leaving it on the trailer and check the boat and bilge for problems before actually taking it off the trailer!!! This way you dont have to go launch ramp diving!!!!

Yeah- like you haven't gone for a dunk yourself :)

You get a busy weekend afternoon and a long line at the ramp, things get overlooked. I HATE those clowns that back up to the ramp, THEN start removing the covers and loading the coolers.

It takes a few minutes to notice that your a$$-heavy boat is a little lower than usual...

Wrinkleface
04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
bummer:(

MacGyver
04-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I HATE those clowns that back up to the ramp, THEN start removing the covers and loading the coolers.

Completely oblivious to the death stares from people waiting to use the ramp :boxing_smiley: :rolleyes:

Sean Stinson
04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah- like you haven't gone for a dunk yourself :)

You get a busy weekend afternoon and a long line at the ramp, things get overlooked. I HATE those clowns that back up to the ramp, THEN start removing the covers and loading the coolers.

It takes a few minutes to notice that your a$$-heavy boat is a little lower than usual...

We have all been swimming at some point....you're not a boater if you haven't been!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Big Time
04-24-2009, 12:36 PM
I did it one time.....dunked it it while it was still partially on the trailer, got out of the truck to unhook it.....heard the bilge pumping water and immediately pulled it back out. I was so embarrased because it was the first time I had this one chick with me and I was "teaching" her how to put the boat in the water. Oh well...hasn't happened since.

Davidmnc
04-24-2009, 12:37 PM
We have all been swimming at some point....you're not a boater if you haven't been!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

MattBMiller
04-24-2009, 12:49 PM
That sucks!