PDA

View Full Version : Best steak marinade???

Wild
04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Just marinading some steaks and was wonding if anyone else had some good ideas

I use Andrias and put it in a zip lock bag for a few hrs or a day

what you got???

Seafordguy
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I Like a 50/50 mix of Italian Dressing and Heinz 57 set overnight....simple, easy.....

ChiefApache
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Ken's Balsamic Vingerette Marinade. Very good.

Offshoredrillin
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
get a vacuum food saver, put in whatever sauce and then vacuum out the air, leave in fridge for a few hours, one the air is displaced the marinade gets pulled into the meat pores. use on any meat.

Wardey
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I make my own rub with garlic pepper, lemon pepper, pinch of cayanne pepper, crushed red pepper and some italian seasoning. If I maranade, I use Stubbs Texas Maranade and then a little bit of garlic pepper while grilling. Along with cold beers while on the grill !!! Dave

phragle
04-23-2009, 05:36 PM
I soak them over night in a bath of 2/3s lime juice, and the other 1/3 half and half lemo juice and orange juice with some pepper, garlic, onion and cillantro thrown in. I also stab the hell out of the steak with a fork before tossing it in the marinade.

99fever27
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
I make my own rub with garlic pepper, lemon pepper, pinch of cayanne pepper, crushed red pepper and some italian seasoning. If I maranade, I use Stubbs Texas Maranade and then a little bit of garlic pepper while grilling. Along with cold beers while on the grill !!! Dave

:drool5: MMMmmm...that looks good...

jayboat
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Dale's.

Chris
04-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I used to pride myself on my steak marinade. For 20 years my wife watched me formulate it from my broad collection of herbs and spices. Then one day she hits me with "you know, you're making Italian dressing".

Wardey
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
I used to pride myself on my steak marinade. For 20 years my wife watched me formulate it from my broad collection of herbs and spices. Then one day she hits me with "you know, you're making Italian dressing".

Oh no...Italian Dressing flares the grill too much.....see, women know the kitchen....MEN know the GRILL !!!! LOL Dave

ChiefApache
04-24-2009, 07:36 AM

That looks awesome Dave!

florida gator
04-24-2009, 07:38 AM
The same seasoning used at Charley's Steakhouse for at least 24 hours.

cigdaze
04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
I marinade just about everything, but not steak. Marinating a good, aged steak is sacrilege. :D A little bit of olive oil to retain moisture, salt, pepper, and maybe some garlic and thyme. That's about it for me. If it's not the best steak, or I'm making some kabbobs or something, I'll go with a dry rub with the above ingredients and perhaps some paprika. I also take a sliced onion add in some diced red pepper and place it in a foil pouch with spices and olive oil. I grill that package along side the meat and place that mixture on the finished steak. Mmmm, Mmmm, good!
:)

ThrottleUp Props
04-24-2009, 09:18 AM

Ok, I am now officially HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!

Julie

Tommy Gun
04-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I marinade just about everything, but not steak. Marinating a good, aged steak is sacrilege. :D A little bit of olive oil to retain moisture, salt, pepper, and maybe some garlic and thyme. That's about it for me. If it's not the best steak, or I'm making some kabbobs or something, I'll go with a dry rub with the above ingredients and perhaps some paprika. I also take a sliced onion add in some diced red pepper and place it in a foil pouch with spices and olive oil. I grill that package along side the meat and place that mixture on the finished steak. Mmmm, Mmmm, good!

I agree...on a good steak; Lawry's seasoned salt and some garlic salt, although I do like the Andrea's from time to time. To compliment the steak some nice size shrimp marinated in olive oil and garlic. When grilling I frequntly add mesquite for some smoke flavor.

Wardey
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Have you guys ever tried a "Greenwise" steak. All grain fed natural beef with no steroids or chemicals. They are absolutly the best !!! No maranade or rub needed on these at all. Dave

TIKI
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM

I agree....mostly. Never marinade a GOOD steak. And DO NOT use salt...while cooking, it'll suck the moisture out.

Pat the steak dry of excess blood. Cover with olive oil and cracked black pepper. Grill on a HOT grill to seal in juices. I'll salt my steak after finished grilling.

This is making me hungry!

DonziGirl
04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Italian dressing if it's a so-so steak.

Good steak I don't marinate. i use garlic, olive oil and Mc Cormick's steak seasoning. (or just salt and pepper). I think you can use McCormick's as a marinade if you mix it with enough olive oil.

Assuming Tony remembers to bring home a propane tank (HINT!!) we're having steak tonight for dinner.

THEJOKER
04-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I hate to admit it and you'll probally only see this once in your lifetime! I agree w/ JayBoat - "Dale's"!

florida gator
04-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Have you guys ever tried a "Greenwise" steak. All grain fed natural beef with no steroids or chemicals. They are absolutly the best !!! No maranade or rub needed on these at all. Dave

Used to split a steer with a buddy eavery year. Very similar to greenwise. Helps kids who raise tham and the meat is always better. No matter what I cooked people said where did you get this meat. Key was they added sweet corn to the grain. Burgers were always so lean they never flared up on the grill.

Mark
04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
My go-to marinade is Pineapple-teryaki, worshershire, splash of Italian dressing, dash of Italian dressing, old bay, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Does the trick every time and carmelizes well - but it does make a bit of a mess on the grill.

Offshore Ginger
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Dale's. Jay where do you get Dales ?

old377guy
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM

made the mistake of opening this thread while I was hungry....... I'm leaving the warehouse and am gonna work on the boat tomorrow.