PDA

View Full Version : Lets Hear Your College Stories

Perlmudder
04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
So we finished exams last week, and I decided to spend a week or so up in Guelph just hanging around with friends, and preparing to move home. I have lived with pretty much the same guys for the last three years, and I am actually sort of sad about leaving. We were all sitting around Monday afternoon having some drinks and chilling out for 4/20 and we started to reminisce about some of the good times we've had. I think my favorite thing about going to school here was just walking to campus in shorts and sandals in the spring and fall with my ipod on and just enjoying myself. The days we spent sitting out in the backyard drinking, bbqing, and playing frisbee are some of the best times I have ever had. I definitely enjoyed the nights where we went to the bars and then partied till 8am smoking hookah and passing the bottle with randoms we just met. The biggest thing I will miss though is mingling with people on campus and the GIRLS! My god will I miss the girls. Thank god I have one more semester left before I graduate, although our crew is going to be missing some serious troopers.

So, lets hear about some stuff you guys did in college. What was your absolute favorite memory, the most epic night you ever had. I have narrowed it down to a couple different ones, but its tough to pick just one!

MacGyver
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Hookah, huh :) :sifone:

Wrinkleface
04-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Paid, went, don't want anything else 2 do w/ it!!!!:boxing_smiley:

Blue Oval
04-22-2009, 07:05 PM
wow,I don't remember,really I don't remember

Buoy
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
College for me was working a full time job in construction, and not having enough time to make it home to shower before going to class at night (skip-a-bath "speed-stick" in the glove box) and carrying 12-14 credit hours per semester.
Studying at the laundromat on Saturday morning and let the really cute (but chubby) laundry attendant fold my clothes for me because I still to this day haven't learned to fold anything but jeans.
Living on Mac & Cheese, hotdogs, and breakfast cereal out of a generic bag from the grocery store.
One room apartment, and scraping by to make the rent/insurance/car payment.
Running out of smokes on a Thursday and waiting for Fridays paycheck.

Dude! Sweet!
04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
College for me was working a full time job in construction, and not having enough time to make it home to shower before going to class at night (skip-a-bath "speed-stick" in the glove box) and carrying 12-14 credit hours per semester.
Studying at the laundromat on Saturday morning and let the really cute (but chubby) laundry attendant fold my clothes for me because I still to this day haven't learned to fold anything but jeans.
Living on Mac & Cheese, hotdogs, and breakfast cereal out of a generic bag from the grocery store.
One room apartment, and scraping by to make the rent/insurance/car payment.
Running out of smokes on a Thursday and waiting for Fridays paycheck.

We PC types call that an "Italian Shower"... :D

fund razor
04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
wow,I don't remember,really I don't remember

I know... I had to go look at my diploma to make sure I went.
I guess that I did. It looks real.

MacGyver
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I never went to college. Just tech school :leaving:

redhotsommer
04-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh boy. Those were the days. My partying was somewhat limited as I was running cross country in the fall, indoor track in the winter and outdoor track in the spring. We got basically one night per week to cut loose...Saturday. We were VERY good at maximizing our Saturdays...then waking up and running 14 hung-over miles on Sunday.

Each year, we would throw a big party after the conference meet (usually it was Halloween weekend). Even though this was the mid 90s...streaking is basically a timeless institution...so we'd make a drunken naked run into the middle of campus at 3 am...jump in the fountain, and haul ass home. There is a certain grandeur in a bunch of naked dudes hauling down the street with an American flag...ok...maybe not.

Senior year, we decided to one-up ourselves. The band Sugar Ray was searching for amateur footage in a contest for the song "The Streaker" off their Lemonade and Brownies album. The plan was to wait for the most crowded part of the day and run up the main drag of campus naked except for masks. Ball State U is laid out basically on one street, so we jumped in my Blazer (with shorts on!) and drove to the south end of the campus. We had a couple freshmen driving the truck and operating the video camera...and we were to follow it slowly up and thru campus at passing period at high noon. Classes got out and people started to fill the streets as we dropped trou and calmly jogged onto the sidewalk. We made it one block and got stopped by a light...where a campus cop was sitting in his squad. We all bolted and split up...I ended up hiding behind a building and pulling my shorts on, then jogging back onto the street like nothing happened. Other guys dodged into the neighborhood next to campus, and the guy driving my truck followed. The cops pursued...and happened to see a couple naked dudes jump in the back of the truck, but didn't pull it over. We all made it back to the basecamp safely and had a good laugh, but no video. That night, word of our exploit had spread thru campus, and there was no waiting in line outside of The Chug for us! We were rockstars.

The next morning, I get a call from my father, who informs me that the Ball State Police Dept had just called him inquiring about his Blazer (cops ran the plates). He was not pleased. Better yet, I got another call from my girlfriend (my wife now) at Purdue University (2 hours away)...and she just says "Tell me it wasn't you." I confessed that yes it was...but how did she know? She had run into a guy on my track team that had gone to her school to party and he said "Did you here what the cross country guys did?" I was so proud. I still have the school newspaper with that story on the cover.

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 07:57 PM
They took the bar. The whole fkkin' bar! :eek:

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
We snuck out onto the airport tarmac one night, just drinkin' some beer and doin' stuff, and almost got run over. That was scary.

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I was a commuter...30 miles each way. I was drivin' home one night after a little social gathering and had to empty the reservoir, if you know what I mean. It's an interstate, and I'm 10 miles between exits. It's late, so that the heck. I pull over, and head for the trees...I'm happily relieving myself, and the pine trees take on a strange blue glow. An oscillating sort of glow. Great! Good evening ociffer. I should have washed my truck, because the hood tasted like sht as I was bent over it, face down. After a thorough involuntary search (I should have cleaned up, because a couple bottles fell out when he opened the door and broke when they hit the pavement), I thought, fvck, it's over...He found some things to which he took a liking. He promptly slid it into his pocket, and said, I won't say anything, and I know you're going to keep your mouth shut...he instructed me to get in and rest for a little while while I regain my senses, and said I'd better be there when the sun came up. He walked away, and I never felt so relieved in my life. I finished doing what I set out to do, and took are few looks around, and took off. Whew.

Stupid?...yes, but that's college.

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Our senior year, for our final design project, we designed a remote control plane with 4 mini-turbines. We called it the quadzilla. It had a wingspan of 14 feet, and was designed to enter the SAE heavy lift competition. Once we realize that it indeed could lift and fly with 300 pounds of cargo, the only natural progression was to see what it would be like with human cargo. That didn't end so well for the little guy. Good thing for water landings.

JupiterSunsation
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Went to college at the University of Miami........about 15 traffic lights to South Beach, about 8 to Coconut Grove and 30 minutes to Key Largo. The downside is that those are very expensive areas to party........

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Scavenger hunt...'nuff said. Good thing bail was cheap.

Audiofn
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I redirected traffic with cones down about 4 different roads then onto a dead end street. :D:D

Dominic
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
I redirected traffic with cones down about 4 different roads then onto a dead end street. :D:D

we did things like that a couple time with cones and constructions signs a couple years ago, when we were 16-17 and had just got our driving licenses. in the same times, we had fun exchanging the for sale signs in front of some houses. i guess the realtors didnt really appreciate having to find them and bring them back to the good places the next morning or having calls for a house that wasnt their

but now being 20 there is much more going on on my first year of university, partying as often as we can, everywhere we can. i can easily see 3 more years of that in the near future:cheers2:

Dude! Sweet!
04-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Dave's not here man!

Dude! Sweet!
04-23-2009, 01:55 AM
We stole an entire wet t-shirt contest from the Igloo in Niagara Falls Canada. I still have no idea how we did it, but I recall driving back across the border with six "friendly" girls in the back of my Bronco (summer time, roof off). I'm sure I succeeded in keeping myself from getting laid though... I've got skillz! :D

Dude! Sweet!
04-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Redhot... that's freakin' epic man! Nothing like a little drunken nakedness to straighten sh*t out! :D

I played rugby in collge, in grad school, in college part 2 and in grad school part 2 and for about 4 year into the "real world"... 13 years or so I guess. You guys really don't want to hear those stories though. Very very immature.:biggrinjester:

Perlmudder
04-23-2009, 02:05 AM
We tried to do hot laps in my backyard in the Escape last winter. It was a tank until we had to stop and turn around. Then it was so cold all the packed down snow turned to ice and the car got stuck. The neighbors looked at us all weird the next morning, and with a couple boxes, some salt and a lot of pushing we got it back out onto the street.

When it gets warm out its always fun to foam the fountain. It never gets old seeing bubbles all over downtown.

Perlmudder
04-23-2009, 02:06 AM
we did things like that a couple time with cones and constructions signs a couple years ago, when we were 16-17 and had just got our driving licenses. in the same times, we had fun exchanging the for sale signs in front of some houses. i guess the realtors didnt really appreciate having to find them and bring them back to the good places the next morning or having calls for a house that wasnt their

but now being 20 there is much more going on on my first year of university, partying as often as we can, everywhere we can. i can easily see 3 more years of that in the near future:cheers2:

What school are you at in mtl? Mcgill? Most of my highschool either went to western or mcgill.

Perlmudder
04-23-2009, 02:08 AM
A kid I lived with first year from Ottawa brought a sword to school with him. It was around election time one year and we got home from the bar and decided it would be a good idea to go around town and go all ninja on the plastic vote for me signs. It was actually pretty fun!

Dude! Sweet!
04-23-2009, 02:11 AM
One of my buddies that I played rugby with at St. Catherines went to Western to play football. Ended up shooting a guy in a drug deal and going to prision for a loooong time. One of the first girls I ever messed around with was from McGill. She wasn't exactly pretty, she wasn't exactly small... but you could say she had it all. :D

Perlmudder
04-23-2009, 02:15 AM
One of my buddies that I played rugby with at St. Catherines went to Western to play football. Ended up shooting a guy in a drug deal and going to prision for a loooong time. One of the first girls I ever messed around with was from McGill. She wasn't exactly pretty, she wasn't exactly small... but you could say she had it all. :D

I'm not looking for the right girl, I'm looking for the girl right now.

sometimes you just gadda tell a girl you will drink her pretty!

Dude! Sweet!
04-23-2009, 02:18 AM
As Josef Stalin said, "Quantity has a quality all its own..."

And to paraphrase, one of my favorite comments has always been "Quantity is quality, if the quantity is sufficinently great!" Well that and "Fat girls try harder!" :D

Magic Medicine
04-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I had a great time in college unfortunately I don't remember much of it. Spend a couple nights behind bars and was on probation with the law from 2nd semester freshman year to 2nd sememster senior year. I went to Purdue University.

DollaBill
04-23-2009, 08:12 AM
College? That was JV stuff compared to the trouble we get into these days. I only did one semester though. The pace was too slow for me at the time. I wish i finished though.

VetteLT193
04-23-2009, 08:24 AM
This pretty much sums up half of my college life...

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00346/23/49/346179432_l.jpg

X-Rated30
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I fell out of a third story window. I ended up with two concussions that semester... the second tale isn't as glamourous. I was pretty famous at the student infirmary after that. I went in the following year for a cold and the nurse walked in the room, looked at my chart, and said, "So you're the guy...":leaving:

ZBODaytona
04-23-2009, 11:07 AM
This pretty much sums up half of my college life...

http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00346/23/49/346179432_l.jpg

ahh now that brings back some memories

Sea-Dated
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Our senior year, for our final design project, we designed a remote control plane with 4 mini-turbines. We called it the quadzilla. It had a wingspan of 14 feet, and was designed to enter the SAE heavy lift competition. Once we realize that it indeed could lift and fly with 300 pounds of cargo, the only natural progression was to see what it would be like with human cargo. That didn't end so well for the little guy. Good thing for water landings.

I would love to see a video of that one.....:biggrinjester:

DonziGirl
04-23-2009, 01:03 PM
When it gets warm out its always fun to foam the fountain. It never gets old seeing bubbles all over downtown.

Bubbles are fun. We dyed it all sorts of colors too.

Words fail me about college. I had a fantastic time and did not want to leave! But alas anything over 4 years I had to pay for myself, so I graduated.

There wasn't a door that was closed to me and my friends on campus. I (and a couple of them) worked for the campus police locking up buildings at night and taxing students to and from campus. This meant that we had keys to every single building and door in campus. We went all over - president's office, catwalks in the arena, roofs, etc, etc.

I miss walking to and from class, being around that atmosphere. I loved Bowling Green. I loved being across the street form my favorite drunk food, being two blocks from the bars.

cigdaze
04-24-2009, 09:17 AM
I would love to see a video of that one.....:biggrinjester:
It was friggin' epic! :D
We had no evidence, only leftover parts, and one banged-up college kid.
The engines were fine, though, we used them again.

Tommy Gun
04-24-2009, 09:49 AM
I worked full time while attending night school and didn't have any college fun. That's why I'm out of control at 50...:26: