PDA

View Full Version : Metallica

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Who's seeing them this year?

I got my Tix for the October Tampa Show. Can't wait.
Last time I saw them was in '97 in St. Pete at Tropicana Field.

:cool:

fund razor
04-22-2009, 12:33 PM

I haven't seen them since like 87.

Am I right that Jason Newsted is out of the band?

fund razor
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
It was 88.

I checked their site. Yes. Jason is gone.

Robert Trujillo

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
That's correct. He was replaced by Robert Trujillo, formerly of Black Label Society, Alice in Chains, Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy.

fund razor
04-22-2009, 12:43 PM
I didn't realize that it had been so long.
Man... time flies.

So you saw the Load tour?

VetteLT193
04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I saw them around 2003 in Orlando. I swore I wouldn't go again.

They attract a ton of low lifes for some reason. The place was so packed it was ridiculous. The only thing that made it better was the beer, I think they were $8 each and I ran out of cash after a few. :ack2:

The worst part is Limp Bizkit actually rocked the house better than Metallica did

ChiefApache
04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
We are seeing them on October 15 at the Gunda Arena! It will be my first time to see them, but like the 10th time the group we're going with is seeing them.

searaycer
04-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I will be at Tampa, cant wait, I worked concert security in the Toledo, and Detroit area for ten years as a barricade surpervisor, and got to work their show at Pine Knob which has fixed seating in the front of the ampitheater so there was no crowd surfing and I just got to jam out, my dumbass took my earplugs out and I could not hear out of my left ear for a week afterwards, I lost 25% hearing in my left ear.... but what an awesome show they all took turns at different parts of the stage, Lars kit was on a moveable platform so each one of them was like two feet away at some point in the show. James was in front of me during Master of Puppets, I was going nuts, cant wait for Tampa.

searaycer
04-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I almost forgot I was supposed to see them at the State Theater, they were doing private shows for Miller Lite or some ****, and I got a roofing granule in my eye that day, I was ****ed, the State has always been my favorite venue.

cigdaze
04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Right on, searaycer. The state theater would would be an unbelievable venue to see them.

Duke69
04-22-2009, 04:28 PM
October they are coming here and I got GA tickets, should be a circus!

cigdaze
10-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Tonights the night. Here we go. Fvck ya!

fund razor
10-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Nick's gonna rock. :D

Bobcat
10-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I used to like em......but then they started drawing the nerdy rocket scientist types..............:sifone:

glassdave
10-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Napster rules!! :leaving:

phragle
10-04-2009, 01:27 AM
napster of puppets...

Personally I like old metallica. The new stuff doesnt do much for me.

Sean Stinson
10-04-2009, 01:45 AM

Schoenwald and I just saw them the other night at Bank Atlantic Center....Great show they can still rock the house!!! I wish the acoustics would have been better but nonetheless it was agreat show!!!

Buoy
10-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Was never a huge Metallica fan, but there is some of there stuff that I do really like.
Saw them somewhere around '92-3 at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
I went just for a good time with some buddy's. One buddy's GF's Dad owned a Limo Co., so we took a Limo from Toledo (we were all in our early 20's), drinking the whole way out. Made the driver pull over at a gas station on the way to relieve ourselves. Gas station didn't have a restroom. There was an abandoned gas station across the street, so me and one of my bud's girlfriends shoot over there because we both have to pizz so bad. She goes into the stall, and I start pizzing in the sink. I reach to turn the faucet on to at least rinse the sink, and the whole porcelain sink falls off the wall and smashes on the ground.
We made it to the show after that.
Beers were expensive, but I met this really hot girl and bought her a beer, only to find out she was underage, and then I quickly walked away.
I got seperated from my buddies while hooking up with another girl, and wound up watching the show out on the lawn with her and her female friend under a blanket...
What a wild night.
Rode back to Toledo in the Limo drunk and broke, and then all of sudden someone is hitting me up for money to pay for the Limo - it was supposed to be free...
Wild time and being young.
Great memory/crazy night brought to me by Metallica.

Hope you had a good time Nick!

cigdaze
10-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Holy phuck!...
It was awesome.
My ears are ringing, my boots smell like beer, my throat hurts, a bit sore...and now I'm off to take the boat to clearwater. Incredible show.

cigdaze
10-04-2009, 08:15 AM
A few phone camera pics. We were on the stage!!!
Sorry no time to rotate pics, and crop 'em, etc. These are straight off my phone.

cigdaze
10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Some more.

Offshoredrillin
10-04-2009, 08:56 AM
I love the music, Lars is a douche. james and kirk seem like cool guys.

erierunnin
10-04-2009, 09:38 AM
We are seeing them on October 15 at the Gunda Arena! It will be my first time to see them, but like the 10th time the group we're going with is seeing them.

No fair i wanted to go!

cigdaze
10-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Almost forgot, I caught these from Kirk.

cigdaze
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I used to like em......but then they started drawing the nerdy rocket scientist types..............:sifone:

Wasn't always such a nerd! :26: :sifone: :reddevil:

ChiefApache
10-12-2009, 11:03 AM
We are going Thursday night to see them with 7 other people! Rooms are booked downtown so we don't have to drive home. Friday will be ugly. :sifone:

cigdaze
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
We are going Thursday night to see them with 7 other people! Rooms are booked downtown so we don't have to drive home. Friday will be ugly. :sifone:

Awesome. Great show, you're going to love it!

OldSchool
10-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Wasn't always such a nerd! :26: :sifone: :reddevil:

Stoner alert!!!!!!!:sifone: