PDA

View Full Version : ANY VOLUNTEERS? Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

Lubejobs42
04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
ANY VOLUNTEERS? Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race is less than 2 months away. Larry and Brad along with all the others involved have been fighting an uphill battle. With the current economy, sponsors are very hard to come by. This even is not a profit making event, the proceeds go to a children’s charity. I was talking with Larry last night and hear the frustration and stess in his voice.
I took it upon myself to post this. Is there anyone willing to volunteer to help for this event?

I know they need check point boats for along the route.
They need people to help in all areas, with and without boats.
I know medical guys are a huge expense.
plus 1000 other things.
They are also in need of actual sponsors!

Any idea, suggestions or questions, post them. Let’s see if we can help these guys!!

My wife is going to volunteer to pilot and supply a Helicopter which are will help cut a big expense.

It will be a lot of fun and this is a great way to get close to the action and be part of the biggest, best event of the summer.

Thank you!!

Sean Stinson
04-22-2009, 12:21 PM
ANY VOULENTERS? Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race

Sunny Isles Beach Offshore Powerboat Race is less than 2 months away. Larry and Brad along with all the others involved have been fighting an uphill battle. With the current economy, sponsors are very hard to come by. This even is not a profit making event, the proceeds go to a children’s charity. I was talking with Larry last night and hear the frustration and stess in his voice.
I took it upon myself to post this. Is there anyone willing to volunteer to help for this event?

I know they need check point boats for along the route.
They need people to help in all areas, with and without boats.
I know medical guys are a huge expense.
plus 1000 other things.
They are also in need of actual sponsors!

Any idea, suggestions or questions, post them. Let’s see if we can help these guys!!

My wife is going to volunteer to pilot and supply a Helicopter which are will help cut a big expense.

It will be a lot of fun and this is a great way to get close to the action and be part of the biggest, best event of the summer.

Thank you!!

PM me a number for you Gino

.38Special
04-22-2009, 02:18 PM
I knew you were going to buy her a helicopter:03:

On another note; it's nice of you to try to find help for this great cause!

Bertram38
04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
I would love to attend again, but I feel my Bertram 38 will not pass tech. I have read the rules and see I am close, but far from passing with current budget. I may run in the poker run, but even that has its limits.
I need a sponsor myself to run at peak potential. lets see what happens by then.
If I can help out, I will!.
B38

Bertram38
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Deck as is currently

old377guy
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Deck as is currently

just love your old 38' - damn!!!

Offshoredrillin
04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I would love to attend again, but I feel my Bertram 38 will not pass tech. I have read the rules and see I am close, but far from passing with current budget. I may run in the poker run, but even that has its limits.
I need a sponsor myself to run at peak potential. lets see what happens by then.
B38
make sure you read the rules for historic class. they differ slightly other than having the updated safety equipment.

OldSchool
04-22-2009, 09:13 PM
make sure you read the rules for historic class. they differ slightly other than having the updated safety equipment.

Are you planning on running again Rob?

Gino,
I'm thinking about coming down to watch. If I do, I'd be more than happy to help in any way that you guys need me to!

Craig

PS- I fixed some spelling in your first post and Title. :cool: :)

Offshoredrillin
04-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I would love to defend my title, but being so closely linked to the car industry, business is off and some disposable income has disappeared. I wont make a decision until a week or so before hand. Assdave and I have spoken about it. and the times is blocked off the schedule. AC racing never backs down from a challenge ;)

MattBMiller
04-22-2009, 09:32 PM
There's a restored 38 Betram here on Lake St Clair. I'll try to snap some pics of it next time I see it.

lucy
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
one more for the count! had a great time last year!!:)

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-22-2009, 11:18 PM
B38

You should contact OSS and confirm your thoughts before giving up. Let me know if I can help with anything. Your boat is what it is all about.

Edward R. Cozzi
04-24-2009, 07:44 AM
I will be the safety inspector again this year. We need participants to make this event happen again. Please talk it up with anybody who wants to run in a real offshore race rather than a circle track.

Ed Cozzi