PDA

View Full Version : Any pics to post from pra ft. Myers run ??

catastrophe
04-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Did anyone take pics ?

Cold Call
04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I had the pleasure of being on GOLD RUSH for the poker run. Holy crap!! Words can't begin to describe how incredible that boat is, both from a visual standpoint (fit, finish etc.) and how it rides at high speed. Denny Hedja is a wizard on the sticks and Frank is a pro at the wheel. So between what is arguably the best built/rigged boat in the country, and two experts at the controls., it's an absolute treat to be on board. 140mph feels like you are out for a leisurely cruise...and that's all we needed to stay out front on the run even though there was much more available if necessary. Had fun running with the new owner of Catastrophe.

There was no helo, I guess due to the low attendance. I am hoping Jayboat was stationed somewhere with his camera because I would love to see some pics.

And then on Sunday we took a fun run to Useppa and I got to spend time with some great people, including Terry Sobo and Rich Sutphen. I must say that Terry was driving a beautiful boat, but I won't out you here on SOS as to the manufacturer.:26: I know a lot of you have met Nils, Trond and Terry, and I can only echo previous comments when I say that not only does Nor-Tech build an incredible boat, the personalities behind the company are first class. These are the types of people that you want to do business with in life. Whether it's boats, cars, houses, insurance or widgets, at the end of the day you want to do business with good people. And that sums up Nor-Tech right there.

Same with Rich Sutphen, what a nice guy. He has launched a great new product in a very difficult economic climate and I wish him all the success in the world. Another good person that, after meeting with him, you feel compelled to do business with him.

In summary, between the great weather, the great people and the great boating, it was a top ten weekend for sure. It will make me work that much harder now that I am back in the office.

Queenruler
04-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Winners of Ft. Myers Poker Runs America!

Queenruler
04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I am not Jay nor Freeze Frame so any pics I have from the Ft. Myers PRA event are by know means "high quality"...if anyone has some photos please share as I was unable to take many and as you will see my photography skills are pathetic....but nobody else is SHARING!

Queenruler
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
few more....

Queenruler
04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
and more

Queenruler
04-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Wishing that was your trophy Grant???

Queenruler
04-21-2009, 05:16 PM
pra

Cold Call
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Let's see if this works. A nice leisurely cruise at 140mph on GOLD RUSH....with a lot more hp remaining.:drool5:

jayboat
04-22-2009, 06:55 AM
I was there, kinda... :ack2:

I spoke with Bill at the party on Fri night and he told me he would run the boats down Ft Myers Beach before they took off. My plan was to get on the observation deck at Lani Kai and shoot the start.

But my well-thought-out plan was thwarted by a drawbridge and a retarded parking lot attendant. :boxing_smiley:

I got to the roof as the boats were making the turn toward the gulf. :( Literally, two minutes too late.

I was kinda pizzed, to say the least. Got a few long-distance shots and will post some later.

On a good note, I went over to the pier and got a bikini-load of great beach shots, so I felt a little better. :sifone: