PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm getting scammed

florida gator
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Put an ad on Craigs list for a room for rent. This girl contacts me with the following: Hi there

I am kimberly I'm replying to your ad on craigslist and I'd like to know if the place is still available.Also let me know the neighboourhood and the utilities included in the place A liittle about my personalty. I am 28 year old,5"7' straight,single and nice,I'll love to live with clean,caring and responsible people.I am presently in south-Dakota,I will love to move in as soon as possible, but it all depends on the availability of the room.Just so you know,I am french but I do speak english the best way i can so pls pardon my mistakes I am serious about renting and I would like to move in before or by the end of this month depending on the avalability of the room I will try as much as possible to pay my rent before due.
I would wait impatiently for your next email.
Thank You...Aviour
kimberly

I reply inquiring for more information including references and get this: HI
Thanks so much for replying my email,I really do appreciate it,. I would have loved us to see before making any plan but i really have alot of things to do right now,But will be okay if you can tell me more about the place and you,as my uncle is presently sick and i have to go see him,but really want to hold a place down..More about me again i am a nurse..I am the neat type,I like honest,responsible,trustworthy and hardworking people while I dislike lazy,messy,uncaring people and I love pets so much,am quiet and easy going person to live with. I'm 5"7' straight.,28 years i like tourising and,i don't keep late nights neither will i have overnight guest around, but i am okay if you do,I was born and bread in france as there was where i had my university education and stays with my uncle there!!
I lived all my life way in paris before coming down to SD(south dakota),,I grew up with my uncle 15 years old...I ve also wanted to be in the medical way since i was born,I served in the Paris Red Cross for 8 months,we have involved in projects that includes orphans,orphanages,heart related diseases in children betweeen the ages of 4-10yrs .and Work:I was looking to move over to your state because i understand that i'll be doing good overthere as i ve been told by my uncle's friend who ones live overthere..And i will be working with any hospital around as i am also making enquires about that now...Am sure You 'll really like the person that i am ,because i will also do the dishing if you like,I work when i am to and relax when i am to,I also like sharing y thoughts also....paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends.... Right now.I ve the support of my uncle about my well being,so you shouldn't be bothered about if i am competent of paying the rent I must confess am comfortable with the price and I will want to secure the place down before my arrival so i will want you to tell me all about the place,as i can't see it before my arrival but the pictures...I also will want you to know that i have my car that i will be coming over with,and little of my furnitures,please let me know if there will be room for them.. With all that i ve said above,I have told you more about me and a picture of mine will be attach in the next email,Let me also know how i can go about securing the place down before my arrival as i will also be busy from next week preparing to come over and let me know if you can take off the ad off the site as i am going to secure the place with a deposit Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in As soon as possible so pls get back me.
Thanks..
kimberly

A few more messages back and forth and still no references, etc. Googled and searched Intelius and nothing.

Most recent message was: Hi ,

I am very happy for the concern,and i want to thank you for giving me the chance,I really appreciate it. I want to let You know that i'll make it up to You and but will be mailing the payment out asap. I want you to know that my furnitures and my car will be delievered before my arrival,please do let me know if you can be there to help me recieve my furnitures and my car ,I won't cause you any financial problem as i will be including the shipper's fee in the payment that i'll be sending ...So you will be getting the shipper's fee and the rent fee together ,You will just deduct your rent fee and keep the shipper's fee till he comes to deliever my things Hope you can understand me? I really appreciate you for u've been so nice from the start and please kindly take off the ad off the site now.. as i plan to arrieve as soon as you get the payment and my goods are delivered to my new place with you And i want you to check the address and name again,and if there is a direct phone number...

Thanks.

Your Kimberly

Still no references or any other way to contact her other than email.

florida gator
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
BTW, in the messages that went back and forth, she did send pics as she said she would. She's pretty hot!!!

Is this too good to be true or am I being scammed???

cigdaze
04-16-2009, 02:18 PM
SCAM. I can see it already - you get a check for too much, and they want the extra returned. That sounds way too good to be true....Who in the hell describes themselves while looking for a room. Besides, what's a 28 year old,5"7' straight,single and nice French girl doing in North Dakota?
:D

Forget it.

P.S.
We need PICS!

clayinaustin
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Total scam. Sorry. :(

florida gator
04-16-2009, 02:32 PM
SCAM. I can see it already - you get a check for too much, and they want the extra returned. That sounds way too good to be true....Who in the hell describes themselves while looking for a room. Besides, what's a 28 year old,5"7' straight,single and nice French girl doing in North Dakota?

Forget it.

P.S.
We need PICS!

That's what I was thinking. Especially when she said she was sending a check to include delivery of her car and furniture. Attached pics are what she sent. All reality it's probably some nasty middle aged man strung out on meth!!!

Airpacker
04-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Never EVER met a "French Girl" named Kimberly either. Just not a french name.

sellsman11
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Scam.....I bet that you cant get 2 seperate checks from her.

sellsman11
04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
That's what I was thinking. Especially when she said she was sending a check to include delivery of her car and furniture. Attached pics are what she sent. All reality it's probably some nasty middle aged man strung out on meth!!!

More likely Nigerian.

Sea-Dated
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Scam.

cigdaze
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Too bad...at least the fantasy can live on.
;)

MarylandMark
04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Tell that you trust her and it is ok to have her stuff shipped to your house, she can pay the shipper direct and it will be waiting for her when she gets there.

She shows up ugly; have a yard sale the next weekend (hot college chicks scour these things)...

florida gator
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I thought about asking her to clarify "I want to let You know that i'll make it up to You"

sledge
04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
have "her" send the check to whichever POS ****ed you off most recently.

florida gator
04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
have "her" send the check to whichever POS ****ed you off most recently.

My ex wife!!!!

Davidmnc
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Tell her you need topless pics!

Chris
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
There's no such French word "Aviour" It's au revoir.

But the dead give-away...

I'll love to live with clean,caring and responsible people.

...no way she's French.

clayinaustin
04-16-2009, 03:52 PM
All reality it's probably some nasty middle aged man strung out on meth!!!

Bingo! :D

However, the girl is a little hottie! :p

LaughingCat
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Dude, stuff will get mailed to you, then she'll say it was supposed to go somewhere else. So you forward the boxes (of stolen goods) to the listen addresses. Next thing you know, your bank accounts are drained, you will black out and when you wake up, Stecz will be standing behind your naked body saying, "You have anything to wipe this up?"

Then the guy from "to catch a predator" will be knocking on your door asking for an interview.

I say go for it.

phragle
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
her armpits aren't hairy...she's definitly not french...

phragle
04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
but send me her email..i will make her a deal she can't refuse.

jeff1000man
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Get her to mail you a check to another address, and then cash it at a check cashing place. That way it is not routed through your bank etc, and then you don't have anything to worry about except where to spend the cash. :26:

mosi
04-16-2009, 06:57 PM
sounds legit to me....Trust her!!!

t500hps
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
SCAM. I can see it already -...............Besides, what's a 28 year old,5"7' straight,single and nice French girl doing in North Dakota?

It's OK then....she's in SOUTH Dakota!! :)

boostbros
04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Run forest run her real name is Olga and shes from somewhere in russia bet she can bench press 300# i used to get those letters all the time those are pics they copied off the internet! do not give out your real adress use someone elses you disenjoy ! its a total scam and theft ring

JupiterSunsation
04-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I would taunt her......

Dear Kim,

That is awesome that you are coming to live with us. Me and the guys have been riding motorcycles all over the USA but need to cool it for a few months while the federales are looking for us. We have set up a new business in the trailer park where we make our own ice or as you may know it "crystal meth." The kids love it and then we can take them out to the bunker, it is a really cool underground playroom set up like a dungeon with video cameras and everything. Your stuff will look great down there and your car can be used to transport the meth since it has out of state plates no one will suspect a thing. By the way do you have extra shovels in South Dakota. A couple of kids freaked out on the new meth and we need to dig holes out by the septic tanks to get rid of the bodies since they are starting to stink.

When you send your check make sure to make it out to Jack Meoff since he has valid ID to cash it. My ID can't be used anymore since the cops are still looking for a guy with my same name. Their is no way that kid needed that emergency surgery after coming to my place on Halloween, it was just a mix up.

See you soon..............

Ted Bundy

cuda
04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
You ever talk to her on the phone? There is no mistaking a French accent. I know a girl in Ocala, who's French Canadian. Her name is Lynda. Whenever she calls I always answer her like she does. "Thees is Leeenda". :sifone:

She called last night as a matter of fact.

BradB
04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I have my boat for sale on craigslist. that is the same similar response I recived too.... I wanna buy your boat ill send you a check for the boat with transport fees added on and you just pay them when they pick up the boat.......

yep has to be a scam...

I am sending e-mails screwing with them now!!!