PDA

View Full Version : Gina the kitten update and A great cause!

Lubejobs42
04-16-2009, 08:04 AM
It's been over a month the hurt kitten I found, Gina, was released from her 2 month stay at the animal hospital and brought to live with my sister inlaw in OK. Fortunately week 7 in the hospital she got the feeling back in some of her nerves that if she hadn't would have needed daily attention for the rest of her life. She is doing great! She is still a little bit afraid when strangers come to the house but is doing better all the time. Physically she is doing fantastic! I am so thankful we didn't give up on her!

The wonderful people at Puffy paws kitty haven were willing to take her even knowing she would need special attention twice a day for the rest of her life. Thank goodness we did not have to go this route and Gina is living a normal life with a loving family.

Many of you offered to help with the expenses of Gina which I would no way take as it was my decision to take on the responsibility. The people at Puffy Paws kitty haven need help. They never turn down a cat even if it has Feline Leukemia or Feline AIDS. These people are incredible! They have their hands full and could really use any help they can get.

If anyone is interested they can send a donation to these people and it will go to very good use helping hurt and abandoned cats.

If you decide to make a donation let them know your a friend of Gina the kitten.

I appreciate it! They were my last resort and had open arms, I would like to return the favor!

www.puffypawskittyhaven.com

paypal address.. puffypawskittyhaven@verizon.net

45Sonic
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
ABSOLUTELY cool. Thanks for the update.

McGary911
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Great to hear she's doing so well Gino. It's a great thing you did. Consider me a friend of Gina.......

Sea-Dated
04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Glad she is doing well.

MarylandMark
04-16-2009, 02:58 PM
You are a good man Gino- regardless what these other smucks have said about you. LOL!!

Lubejobs42
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
And now my post gets demoted to the bidge. Here we go!

Ted
04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Gino it's not a demotion to the bilge, it's a move up to the Bar. And if you post a pic of the cat on your boat we can put it back in the boating (Dock) section. :D

JJ Apache
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Awwww, how purrrfect. Your a good man.

Tony
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm by no means a cat lover, but what you did was downright cool.

Lubejobs42
04-16-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm not a cat lover either. Been allegic my whole life. I'm a dog person!~

Ryan8886
04-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Gino,

I missed the story...but great thing you did. Lost count of the number of hurt and strays I've placed with people I know over the years I was working in downtown Detroit. Haven't saved a lot of people as a parole agent all these years...but saved a bunch of cats! Just about every ex-girlfriend I have has a leftover cat from me...might explain the "ex" part! Consider me a supporter!

insanity
04-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Yep, solid, down to earth dude no doubt.

Ratickle
04-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Gino,

I missed the story...but great thing you did. Lost count of the number of hurt and strays I've placed with people I know over the years I was working in downtown Detroit. Haven't saved a lot of people as a parole agent all these years...but saved a bunch of cats! Just about every ex-girlfriend I have has a leftover cat from me...might explain the "ex" part! Consider me a supporter!

Here's the story. I was sure we were ending up with another cat, but Gino's sister-in-law adopted it.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3863&highlight

Tom A.
04-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Great Job Gino! So happy to hear Gina is doing well and went to a good home! Puffy Paws sounds like a great place and will get my support.

Lubejobs42
04-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks to everyone for helping these great people! They never, ever turn down a cat in distress even if in poor health!

Lubejobs42
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
OK Move me back!!

Ted
04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
A deal is a deal, Gino, you are a prince! And my donation is made!

MarylandMark
10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
How's Gina, Gino?

dykstra
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Gino, you da man!!!!

Batgirl
10-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Great story Gino, You should get Gina the Kitten t-shirts made up and have the $$ go to Puffy Paws rescue.
XO

Lubejobs42
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Gina is doing great! She lives in Louisianna with my wifes sister. She made afull recovery. For a while she would hide all the time. Between being a stray and all she whent through she was afraid of everything. She is now very social and comes running when someone comes to the front door. I am so thankful she made it!! Here is the latest picture.
As for Puffy Paws, they really need help. I donate every month. Anything any one can send it greatly appreciated. Please make a not you are a friend of Ginas'!
Thank you!

http://www.puffypawskittyhaven.com/

These are the before and after photos. Here is the latest picture.

DAREDEVIL
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Gina is doing great! She lives in Louisianna with my wifes sister. She made afull recovery. For a while she would hide all the time. Between being a stray and all she whent through she was afraid of everything. She is now very social and comes running when someone comes to the front door. I am so thankful she made it!! Here is the latest picture.
As for Puffy Paws, they really need help. I donate every month. Anything any one can send it greatly appreciated. Please make a not you are a friend of Ginas'!
Thank you!

http://www.puffypawskittyhaven.com/

These are the before and after photos. Here is the latest picture.

COOL,,i wish i could donate something but right now its tough out there !!!

Good to see Gina doing ok !!!!!!

Ratickle
10-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the update Gino. She's looking good.

We have the saame issue here. The local Humane Society is begging foe help. We buy out the stores and donate at least once a month. Plus offer to pay whenever one of the strays owner is found but they can't afford the fees. Tough time in the USA for all.

Wrinkleface
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Awesome Gino! B'n the dog person I am, even though I dress'm up goofy sometimes, I believe highly in Leader Dogs for the Blind & that's where I "give" a few meals 2!!!!!!:sifone:

Tom A.
10-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Great to see Gina doing so well!