PDA

View Full Version : New roof/insurance fraud?

boomer35
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Has anyone heard of this or encountered it?

My old neighbor in charlotte nc where i still own a home just called me and asked if i would be interested in a new roof for free. He said there is a company going around "tip top restoration" claiming all they have to do is go and inspect your roof, find reasons its failing, then call your insurace, get an insurance inspector to come look, and basically when it fails they fix your roof, tip top even pays the deductable......

Is this right or legit?

JupiterSunsation
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
SCAM......... Roofer is trying to sell you a roof. What happens when the roofing inspectors report/claim is denied but the work has started or better yet finished....oops sorry scam didn't work so now you need to pay me in full.

Without a natural disaster occuring recently it seems to be hard to get your insurance company to pony up for a new roof. If roof is old then they will say it will be a maintenance/ home owner issue.

boomer35
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
The roofer is claiming he can find hail damage, so many hail damage spots in x amount of sf

boomer35
04-15-2009, 09:04 PM
And he doesnt start until its a go with insurance

boomer35
04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
http://tiptoprestorationnc.com/

Perlmudder
04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Hmm, does it only apply to hail damage? If it seems to good to be true...

JupiterSunsation
04-15-2009, 09:40 PM
watch out for the asterisk..................

Buoy
04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
If the house needs a new roof, and you know it, it at least sounds unethical from where I come from.
Unless, it was only recently damaged due to weather or otherwise.
A roof generally has a lifespan of 20-30 yrs. If it's due for a new roof... only right thing to do is have a new roof installed and pay for it.

drpete3
04-15-2009, 10:08 PM
BS guys if your adjuster comes out and says they will pay for a new roof then they have found reason that the roof is failing. Its not like the homeowner has the final say.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
The roofer is claiming he can find hail damage, so many hail damage spots in x amount of sf

We just had a hail storm here a week ago or so. The insurance companies know where, how large, and when a hail storm is reported. You just can't make it up. We have had no less than 20 companies come by trying to sell us a roof. It was the first hail storm in our neighborhood in seven years. Our agent knows the date of the last one. There are people here from all over Texas writing free estimates and promising to cover deductibles . We have up to a year to make a claim from this storm. We are going to wait until the MAD Rush is over.

phragle
04-15-2009, 10:24 PM
this is whats happened in so many areas of the economy...somebody figured out an angle to work the system..if a littles good.. alots better..they go hog wild and people are going to loose their ass out of greed....

they are advertising the creation of an insurance claim by exageration...sooner or latter the insurance comany(s) catch on, file against the company...subpena records...and hit the nailable customers.