PDA

View Full Version : Election Statistics

Tommy Gun
04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Democrats:19 Republicans: 29

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Democrats:127 million Republicans: 143
million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years. Apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

(Note: I have not personally verified the accuracy of this information).

cigdaze
04-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Interesting. None of that would surprise me.

Excalibur Racing
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
It's true

clayinaustin
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
It may be true, but you can't believe raw stats taken out of context. :rolleyes:

However, I would like to see a law that states that if you didn't pay any Federal Income Taxes, then you can't vote. Forget voter registration, bring last year's 1040!

Tommy Gun
04-15-2009, 11:52 AM
It may be true, but you can't believe raw stats taken out of context. :rolleyes:

However, I would like to see a law that states that if you didn't pay any Federal Income Taxes, then you can't vote. Forget voter registration, bring last year's 1040!

I thought about that as well but am not sure it is really fair, what about working Mom's or someone that was in an accident and unable to work for an extended period? I know where you're headed, that people who don't pay taxes shouldn't be able to simply vote themselves money...and I agree; just not sure how that can be really be dealt with. Politicians need money to get elected and they can't just depend on the welfare state. Obama has some huge money behind him...why I can't say, but he does.

Sea-Dated
04-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Those stats don't surprise me at all......

Ratickle
04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
It's true

Actually it's not true. There is no Hemline University for one thing. There is a professor at Hamline with that name, but he didn't do it. He looked into it as people were attributing it to him, but found the statistics wrong. It originally surfaced in the Gore/Bush election...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp