PDA

View Full Version : Texas plans to separate from US - NO JOKE

LaughingCat
04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
WAKE UP CALL: TEXAS GOV. BACK RESOLUTION AFFIRMING SOVEREIGNTY
Tue Apr 14 2009 08:44:54 ET

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

Perry continued: "Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, DC trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas."

[VIDEO]

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

Developing...

This is from Drudge Report. Obviosuly it is not the most reputable rag since it often posts rumors that are dispelled. But think about it, we could make a major dent in our issues with border security it Texas separates. they can deal with their own border problems, then we can simply keep all Mexicans and Texans south of the new border.

LaughingCat
04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I only ask the Governor of Texas one favor. . . please protect Clay, his boat, Fuji Film and an abundant supply of fuel.

Sea-Dated
04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I might look into moving to Texas......

Dude! Sweet!
04-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Amen brother. The excessively expansive reading of the commerce clause of the US constitution by the Supreme Court has let to the ruin of our country.

Oh and while I'm at it, F the Mann Act too! :D

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
All those little northeast states think the world revolves around them. Well it doesn't.:biggrinjester:

Ratickle
04-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I believe the statistics show 70% of all new jobs created in the nation last year were in Texas. Don't remember where I heard that.

Tony
04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Ive considered moving to Texas for a few years now. Ive been to the Port Aransass area a few times. People there actually seem to give a rats azz about things outside of their own little world.

I was in a little Diner in the middle of no where somewhere near Brownsville once, and watched a waitress send some rude azz snowbirds out the door. :cool:

phragle
04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I believe the statistics show 70% of all new jobs created in the nation last year were in Texas. Don't remember where I heard that.

Intersting that you mention that... Doing a research paper right now analyzing the 3rd pres. debate. Of the things I have learned is that the war cry of ending tax breaks for companies sending jobs overseas is at best a gross mossrepresentation and at worst, complete political propaganda.
1. there is no tax breakfor comoanies to work abroad.
2. after paying overseas tax, the companies are required to make u the diffence between tax scedules to the US
3. the US has the 2nd highest coporate tax of all developed nations, second only to japan. when state and city taxes were figured in, many areas of the US surpass Japan

now for all those jobs lost overseas.... 1 in 7 jobs lost to relocation was abroad. The other 6 jobs were lost/offset by companies consolidating and moving operations to more favorable states such as texas.

Ratickle
04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Intersting that you mention that... Doing a research paper right now analyzing the 3rd pres. debate. Of the things I have learned is that the war cry of ending tax breaks for companies sending jobs overseas is at best a gross mossrepresentation and at worst, complete political propaganda.
1. there is no tax breakfor comoanies to work abroad.
2. after paying overseas tax, the companies are required to make u the diffence between tax scedules to the US
3. the US has the 2nd highest coporate tax of all developed nations, second only to japan. when state and city taxes were figured in, many areas of the US surpass Japan

now for all those jobs lost overseas.... 1 in 7 jobs lost to relocation was abroad. The other 6 jobs were lost/offset by companies consolidating and moving operations to more favorable states such as texas.

That's why the British stock market blew away the IPO's over the last couple years vs the US stock markets.

OldSchool
04-14-2009, 07:07 PM
HA!!!:rofl::rofl:

I can't wait for CatMan to see this!!!!!:sifone::sifone::26::26:

Ratickle
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
HA!!!:rofl::rofl:

I can't wait for CatMan to see this!!!!!:sifone::sifone::26::26:

Play nice boys.......:sifone:

In my best Ted voice.....:)

old377guy
04-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Sea-Dated, that's the first thought that crossed my mind also - Jeff

BY U BOY
04-14-2009, 08:55 PM

whats not to like:sifone: Warm weather Hot women warm weather BBQ Warm weather hot women Plenty of water to boat in..Did I mention warm weather:26:

Tony
04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
whats not to like:sifone: Warm weather Hot women warm weather BBQ Warm weather hot women Plenty of water to boat in..Did I mention warm weather:26:

You had me at warm weather.:26:

catmando
04-14-2009, 09:42 PM
WAKE UP CALL: TEXAS GOV. BACK RESOLUTION AFFIRMING SOVEREIGNTY
Tue Apr 14 2009 08:44:54 ET

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

Perry continued: "Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, DC trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas."

[VIDEO]

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

Developing...

This is from Drudge Report. Obviosuly it is not the most reputable rag since it often posts rumors that are dispelled. But think about it, we could make a major dent in our issues with border security it Texas separates. they can deal with their own border problems, then we can simply keep all Mexicans and Texans south of the new border.Goodhair is just grandstanding like the rest of the Rs. They're trying to jumpstart their party from the a$$whoopin they got in Nov. but the Rs just can't get their Populist groove goin. :D

Dude! Sweet!
04-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Two words... Term limits.

Anyone know what Nancy Pelosi did for a living before she became a politician?

Dude! Sweet!
04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
OK, I'll give you guys a hint... NOTHING! She's a life long professional politician!

It doesn't matter if the bag is red or blue, when the bag is full of sh*t its just a bag of sh*t!

phragle
04-14-2009, 09:58 PM
search 10th amendment cases....it has been well challanged/litigated in the past.

clayinaustin
04-14-2009, 10:13 PM
While there are many in Texas who want to become a separate country again ( see Republic of Texas (http://www.texasrepublic.info/) ) it will NEVER happen. It's all internet BS.

On another note, today was Topless Tuesday (http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5967)! :D

LaughingCat
04-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Alright Clay. Here's the offer. If you get a photo of some Claymates on the boat with "We love Clay" written across their bare chests or nakes butts, i will walk up to my wife, lift her face towards mine and flick her in the nose.

And no photo shopping. SOS has access tot he FBI Crime and Forensics lab.

You da man!

clayinaustin
04-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Alright Clay. Here's the offer. If you get a photo of some Claymates on the boat with "We love Clay" written across their bare chests or nakes butts, i will walk up to my wife, lift her face towards mine and flick her in the nose.

And no photo shopping. SOS has access tot he FBI Crime and Forensics lab.

You da man!

You mean something like this? The pic was taken in Seattle. :p

DonMan
04-15-2009, 12:03 AM
You mean there is a world outside of Texas ???

Tell me it isn`t so ....

gerritm
04-15-2009, 08:32 AM

That was part of Gov. Perry's speech on state's rights and the 10th amendment. Can't beat Texas. Even if he is just yelling political rhetoric, at least he said what most Texans have been thinking.

ROGUE
04-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Ill move there if it were to actually happen.

JJ Apache
04-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I can't Move to Texas, I don't Speak Spanish..:26:

But I did visit it to Galveston.:biggrinjester:

Davidmnc
04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
While there are many in Texas who want to become a separate country again ( see Republic of Texas (http://www.texasrepublic.info/) ) it will NEVER happen. It's all internet BS.

On another note, today was Topless Tuesday (http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5967)! :D

Nice Hijack! 26655

Sea-Dated
04-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Nice Hijack! 26655

Arggg!!!!!:biggrinjester:

catmando
04-15-2009, 07:39 PM
You mean something like this? The pic was taken in Seattle. :pYour fame spreads far and wide. We are not worthy!

Playn
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
If I had a job down there I'd be there tomorrow.

Trim'd Up
04-15-2009, 09:54 PM
If Texas was to secede they would have a harder time keeping the border jumpers from the north out than they would the south. I told the GF today to start packing the chit up we are moving to TExas. Even if nothing really happens, it is nice to see a politician with enough nuts to say what many of us are thinking.

drpete3
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Can you tell me the date of the Clay Austin Poker Run? Its one I dont plan on missing. Ill bring 500 ones!

LaughingCat
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
You mean something like this? The pic was taken in Seattle. :p

Niiiice.

Get 'em naked

clayinaustin
04-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Niiiice.

Get 'em naked

Like this? --> http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6000

insanity
04-17-2009, 12:33 AM
I thought there was nothing from Texas but queers and steers ????

Just kidding :D I love it down there. Was just down there about a month ago, it was bittersweet, I remembered how much I loved it down there, but reminded me of the reason I used to spend so much time down there (ex-girlfriend :( )

LaughingCat
04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
If Texas was to secede they would have a harder time keeping the border jumpers from the north out than they would the south. I told the GF today to start packing the chit up we are moving to TExas. Even if nothing really happens, it is nice to see a politician with enough nuts to say what many of us are thinking.

Kind of like the Looties that jump on the city bus after an accident?

LaughingCat
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Here's the problem. . . Texas boil over when a politician doesn't wear an American flag pin. Texas go nuts if someone doesn't recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Riddle me this Batman, if the Pledge of Allegiance says "One Nation, under God, IDIVISIBLE. . ." and Texas secedes from the union, would that create a humongous amount of hypocrites wearing 10 gallon hats?

Just wondering.

And Clay, damn you for having that photo, I flicked the wife on the arm. If you get them naked doing the same thing, nose shot is coming.

LaughingCat
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Just one last thought, should Texas be planning how they will help the Republican party get back into paower, not how to pick up their toys and leave? The school yard bully is picking on Republicans/Conservatism and Texas wants to lead us through the hole in the gate. Let's buck up and be leaders.

Ok, rant and ramble over.

LaughingCat
04-24-2009, 09:15 AM
OK, just to show I think Texas are bright, here's my joke of the day:

A guide was showing Niagara-Falls to a man from Texas and said; I’ll bet you don’t have anything like this in Texas.
The Texan said; nope, but in Texas we have plumbers who can fix it.