PDA

View Full Version : Not only are they a$$holes, they are also idiots...

Sydwayz
04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
In mid-February 2008, I resigned from Company A and took a job with Company B.

In late-February 2008, Company A sued the $hit out of me claiming intellectual property theft, customer information theft, and tried to hold me accountable for lost sales, including a TRO.

In May 2008, the lawsuit was dismissed as I had done no wrongdoing.

In MARCH 2009, Company A put $12 bucks into my Retirement Plan which I had actually already emptied/rolled over.

Today, I get a letter from the Retirement Plan company stating I now have $16 bucks in the account. However, I have to have $50 bucks in the account to make a withdrawal/cash out/IRA rollover.

Let's hope the Company A a$$holes/idiots keep it up and the market keeps swinging up!

:26:

Ratickle
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
In mid-February 2008, I resigned from Company A and took a job with Company B.

In late-February 2008, Company A sued the $hit out of me claiming intellectual property theft, customer information theft, and tried to hold me accountable for lost sales, including a TRO.

In May 2008, the lawsuit was dismissed as I had done no wrongdoing.

In MARCH 2009, Company A put $12 bucks into my Retirement Plan which I had actually already emptied/rolled over.

Today, I get a letter from the Retirement Plan company stating I now have $16 bucks in the account. However, I have to have $50 bucks in the account to make a withdrawal/cash out/IRA rollover.

Let's hope the Company A a$$holes/idiots keep it up and the market keeps swinging up!

:26:

Sounds like you're having an excellent day. :sifone:

cuda
04-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Whats a TRO?

Sydwayz
04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Temporary Restraining Order

mosi
04-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Thank God I never have to worry about a Company sueing me claiming..... intellectual property theft.

LaughingCat
04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Think about this, your retirement account in their plan probably costs them $15-40/year. So if you keep the small balance there, it will cost them.

Sydwayz
04-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Think about this, your retirement account in their plan probably costs them $15-40/year. So if you keep the small balance there, it will cost them.

Excellent idea. I might even request a loan!

Sea-Dated
04-14-2009, 04:50 PM

Good plan. Leave it there....

99fever27
04-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Did you sign a noncompete?

cigdaze
04-14-2009, 05:06 PM

The last time I resigned years ago, I also rolled-over my 401k. Because of daily market fluctuations or whatever, after the disbursement I ended up with something like 3 bucks in the account. It's been years and it's now up to like 40 bucks, but I refuse to cash the quarterly check they try to send me. I say fvck 'em...I hope those bastards curse my name every quarter when they see it come across their desks, while they continue to pay for account maintenance. :D

Gladhe8er
04-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank God I never have to worry about a Company sueing me claiming..... intellectual property theft.

You and me both!

Sydwayz
04-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Did you sign a noncompete?

No, I did not. But that's not why they sued me. They accused me of theft and attempted to get the TRO based on assumption that I had stolen information; which were all false allegations. The lawsuit was actually full of, and based on lies; which ultimately helped my case.

One part of the lawsuit alleged that I had left Company A and was in training for Product XYZ of Company B on a certain date in mid-February 2008.

I submitted to the court a very nice verifiable dated picture of myself in a new Active Thunder in the water at the 2008 Miami Boat Show, being interviewed by Performance Boats Magazine AT the time that I was allegedly in training. The court got a nice kick out of that one and you should have seen opposing counsels' jaws hit the table.

Funny thing is; Company A is (was) in the business of Intellectual Property Theft and Data Leakage Prevention. They are now all but out of business.

IRONY!

Fockers.

Ms PatriYacht
04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Brian did you have to pay your legal fees

Sydwayz
04-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Yes. That part REALLY sucked.

jmeng
04-15-2009, 08:08 AM
The last time I resigned years ago, I also rolled-over my 401k. Because of daily market fluctuations or whatever, after the disbursement I ended up with something like 3 bucks in the account. It's been years and it's now up to like 40 bucks, but I refuse to cash the quarterly check they try to send me. I say fvck 'em...I hope those bastards curse my name every quarter when they see it come across their desks, while they continue to pay for account maintenance. :D

Same deal here. After I rolled over my 401K from the last job I ended up with about $1.50 left in the account. Its down to a $1 now. When the statement comes in I like to cuss and get ****ed and then show my friends how bad my retirment savings is going. :26::sifone:

Spicy
04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Temporary Restraining Order

As I have known you for a couple of years, one of the last things that come to mind if we had a disagreement would be a TRO??? :26: :sifone: :03: :seeya:

MattBMiller
04-15-2009, 08:32 AM
I had a few bucks in one of my 401's after I had rolled it over after leaving the company. After a year they wanted to charge me the maintenance fee to maintain the account seeing that I was no longer with the company.