PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins.......

Dreamer
04-13-2009, 07:30 PM
the repos have started..........:(

the nice HiPo stuff is starting to ROLL in at the auctions....:ack2:

lots of almost new fountains formulas bajas and others i wont reveal til i look at em

my email is gettin filled

offthefront
04-13-2009, 07:56 PM
share the link?

magnum25
04-13-2009, 08:10 PM
share the link?

:iagree:

Davidmnc
04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
This it tough on dealers. It is very hard to compeat with repo prices. Your local dealer can only servive if you suport him. He has been there for you. It's your time to be there for him. IMO

Dreamer
04-13-2009, 08:15 PM
not till im done... most i know of arent listed yet

Dreamer
04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
This it tough on dealers. It is very hard to compeat with repo prices. Your local dealer can only servive if you suport him. He has been there for you. It's your time to be there for him. IMO

so i should pay 50-60k more?

Davidmnc
04-13-2009, 08:22 PM
so i should pay 50-60k more?

I didn't say that. Just remember who is gonna take care of you end the end. And if the repo is a dealer repo there could be waranty issues. RV manufactures are not honoring warentys on new units that were repoed off dealers lots that were not sold by franchized dealers. Some dealers will not perform waranty work on units they know were bought from sub retail outlets. Just some things to think about. Know what you are getting into before you make an expensive mistake.

mcraymond3
04-13-2009, 09:19 PM
I hate to see this.

opa
04-13-2009, 09:47 PM
in these times i would think a dealer would try to make any warranty claim work with the manufacture to keep their people working

Chris
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Repos are worth what you pay for them. On something as maintenance-intensive a a high-performance offshore boat, that bargain can cost you tens of thousands of dollars in a very brief time.

Cash Bar
04-13-2009, 11:08 PM
If I was a dealer I would take any service work I could get.

Most HiPo stuff is only warranteed for a year. In MOST cases the owners at least held onto them that long.

Service is how most car dealers are staying afloat. I'd assume boat dealers would be the same.

Dreamer
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Repos are worth what you pay for them. On something as maintenance-intensive a a high-performance offshore boat, that bargain can cost you tens of thousands of dollars in a very brief time.

im talkin KNOWN boats or stuff with 40 hrs like an 07 fountain(wich im not gettin:ack2:) on a mint myco

http://yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=20727

glassdave
04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
im talkin KNOWN boats or stuff with 40 hrs like an 07 fountain(wich im not gettin:ack2:) on a mint myco

http://yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=20727

what did that boat list for and what would be book value? Just curious really. Is 107K a decent deal for that?

99fever27
04-14-2009, 01:13 AM
the repos have started..........:(

the nice HiPo stuff is starting to ROLL in at the auctions....:ack2:

lots of almost new fountains formulas bajas and others i wont reveal til i look at em

my email is gettin filled

Are you looking to buy one?

glh
04-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Anyone who wants that Azimut for $450k they can have mine!!!

http://yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=21009

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2009, 06:35 AM

I know of some very high dollar non repos that are sitting in storage that need 50K in work right now. Do you think that will be disclosed to the buyers?

Any used boat can be a time bomb......A repo/ cheaper boat just allows more money to be pushed over to the repair/maintenance side of the accounting chart.

fund razor
04-14-2009, 06:44 AM

I know what you are saying David, but the circumstances are what they are. It's like the housing market. I can do all the right things with my property... but it just takes a couple of comparables to go low because of financial distress, repo... etc. Then the values drop for all. The financial tide raises and lowers all the boats.... and the dealerships get caught. Now look at the manufacturers. Then look ahead at the market in 10 years. And, assuming that this hobby is legal in 10 years (epa, etc)... there will NOT be a Marine Max down the street. We will need to be able to maintain our own fleet. And there will probably be less diversity of parts, too. There may be yards full of "pull your own" boat parts when the sheer number of unwanted vessels peaks.

This current glut of inventory? Enjoy it now.... because its very existence may make it impossible for the "new" market to make it. And that will prevent it from happening again.

Sean Stinson
04-14-2009, 07:24 AM
How many of them actually came from dealers???????

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I know what you are saying David, but the circumstances are what they are. It's like the housing market. I can do all the right things with my property... but it just takes a couple of comparables to go low because of financial distress, repo... etc. Then the values drop for all. The financial tide raises and lowers all the boats.... and the dealerships get caught. Now look at the manufacturers. Then look ahead at the market in 10 years. And, assuming that this hobby is legal in 10 years (epa, etc)... there will NOT be a Marine Max down the street. We will need to be able to maintain our own fleet. And there will probably be less diversity of parts, too. There may be yards full of "pull your own" boat parts when the sheer number of unwanted vessels peaks.

This current glut of inventory? Enjoy it now.... because its very existence may make it impossible for the "new" market to make it. And that will prevent it from happening again.

100% right on.......... To show a current example: last year my local GMC store had 2 year old brand new crew cab diesels sitting on the lot along with 25 current model diesels. As of last weekend they had 2 that I saw. When I asked about the selection the salesguy said they got killed last year and won't order as many in the future. The days of dealer floorplanned high end boats is over (they can't afford to do it) and the trend will be manufacturer direct sales hopefully saving the client/buyer money by cutting out the middleman.

Pull your own boat parts may not happen though since boats take up a lot of space for just the rear end holdling all the good stuff. I could easily see boats cut into a 1/4 and shredding the 3/4 of the unusable stuff.

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2009, 07:47 AM

99% of all repo boats came from dealers originally...........:sifone:

fund razor
04-14-2009, 08:23 AM
100% right on.......... To show a current example: last year my local GMC store had 2 year old brand new crew cab diesels sitting on the lot along with 25 current model diesels. As of last weekend they had 2 that I saw. When I asked about the selection the salesguy said they got killed last year and won't order as many in the future. The days of dealer floorplanned high end boats is over (they can't afford to do it) and the trend will be manufacturer direct sales hopefully saving the client/buyer money by cutting out the middleman.

Pull your own boat parts may not happen though since boats take up a lot of space for just the rear end holdling all the good stuff. I could easily see boats cut into a 1/4 and shredding the 3/4 of the unusable stuff.

I know a guy who has a newish Excursion sitting on the shelf for when his current excursion gets old.
You never know... lack of new parts could drive up the value of used parts enough to make it worthwhile. What would happen is save/don't save decisions based on chances of resale. Booo.

Tony
04-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I didn't say that. Just remember who is gonna take care of you end the end. And if the repo is a dealer repo there could be waranty issues. RV manufactures are not honoring warentys on new units that were repoed off dealers lots that were not sold by franchized dealers. Some dealers will not perform waranty work on units they know were bought from sub retail outlets. Just some things to think about. Know what you are getting into before you make an expensive mistake.

Apparently some of the dealers still dont want to take care of you. That little problem that we talked about last fall...my folks had to all but sue the dealer to get the warranty issues worked out. Franchised dealer, the story was, unit was bought there new by original owner and traded a year later. My folks bought it along with the rediculous $$ extended warranty, had several issues within a year, took it back to the dealer. The dealer says its up to the Mfg. The Mfg. says its up to the dealer, and neither one is touching it, or agreeing to pay the bill until both the dealer and the Mfg. can reach an agreement. In the end the issues were supposedly fixed but the damned thing still doesnt work right.

Chris
04-14-2009, 08:44 AM
The days of dealer floorplanned high end boats is over (they can't afford to do it) and the trend will be manufacturer direct sales hopefully saving the client/buyer money by cutting out the middleman.

Or it could go the other way. There could be fewer outlets and those retailers with the strength to survive can get better distribution terms from their existing manufacturers.

Boat manufacturers have always had the avenue of direct distribution available to them. Many smaller manufacturers have tried to build an equivalent product and sell it direct for a substantially lower price than their larger competition. Not one has ever succeeded in any discernable scale. The model has never worked and I don't see any reason it will now. I still remember the luxury tax days where the entire industry came close to disappearing and no one's direct-sales model ever took hold. Even in something like the parts business, the "warehouse outlet" models have never really taken hold. There's a very narrow sliver inside the vertical for the highly-capable do-it-yourself'er and support costs money. This isn't unique to the boat business. Visit any wholesale auto parts jobber, a construction supply, plumbing, HVAC or industrial supply house. You'll find knowledgeable, capable sales/support people on those phones, computers and counters. Even the professionals need support. And believe me, every one of those industries has attempted to "cut out the middleman".

In the days when 90% of the fast boat population was in South Florida, it had a chance. Nowadays we have go-fasts boats on pulled across the country. And they need support for their half-million-dollar toys. And they get that from the dealer.

Chris
04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I know of some very high dollar non repos that are sitting in storage that need 50K in work right now. Do you think that will be disclosed to the buyers?

Any used boat can be a time bomb......A repo/ cheaper boat just allows more money to be pushed over to the repair/maintenance side of the accounting chart.

Depends what you're buying. If you're bottom-trolling for a bargain, that's to be expected. If you're shopping for a nice boat and the seller has what you want, has detailed maintenance records and you can visit the reputable vendor that maintained the boat, I think you have a much better chance than buying something that the guy spend all last season thrashing knowing full well that since he's missed his last 5 payments it wouldn't be around long.

I've bought pristine stuff and I've bought absolute projects. And I've bought OK stuff that "just needed a bit of TLC" The only thing I ever got hurt on was the third one. In every boat's life, there's a point of equilibrium- where the boat still looks decent, but is just about to the point where it's either going to begin it's swift decline or it's going to need alot to bring it back. You see an awful lot of boats for sale at that particular point. Always have, always will. These are novice-traps. The guy that is either less-observant or less experienced gets in and finds out quick his bargain wasn't. Often this is someone's first (and usually last) boat.

Magic Medicine
04-14-2009, 09:01 AM
not till im done... most i know of arent listed yet

why start the thread then?????

Davidmnc
04-14-2009, 09:31 AM

As many of you know I am NOT in the boat business, but I am in the RV business. The two pretty much go hand in hand. I totally agree with the statement that dealers are not going to be selling floor planned high end boats or RVs in the near future. This too will pass, but today dealers cannot afford to do this. The floor plans sources have raised our interest rates, and the amount of curtailment (principal) we are required to pay. Dealers cannot afford to have that much investment riding on one sale. We can have 5 or 6 nice campers on the lot for the same cost as 1 Gas Class A motor home. And don’t even think about carrying some thing diesel! If you look at the dealers who are failing. It’s not the ones with 100 campers on the lots, it’s the ones with 20 Class A’s! People are spending money right now, but they are not spending BIG money right now. This is why the dealers who sell and service these high end boats and RVs are struggling. If you don’t support them. They WILL be gone. And that guy who always takes care of your stuff…………………he is not gonna be there for ya any more.

Davidmnc
04-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Apparently some of the dealers still dont want to take care of you. That little problem that we talked about last fall...my folks had to all but sue the dealer to get the warranty issues worked out. Franchised dealer, the story was, unit was bought there new by original owner and traded a year later. My folks bought it along with the rediculous $$ extended warranty, had several issues within a year, took it back to the dealer. The dealer says its up to the Mfg. The Mfg. says its up to the dealer, and neither one is touching it, or agreeing to pay the bill until both the dealer and the Mfg. can reach an agreement. In the end the issues were supposedly fixed but the damned thing still doesnt work right.

Yea, I hate to hear this story. It really sounds like your parents got taken, and the dealer will not, or can not fix or afford to fix the problem. The sad truth is this is what happends some times. Makes me glad to work for a dealer who is not affraid to step up when needed.

Dreamer
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM

because the repo market has been on fire for a year.... but just now is the hipo stuff coming in..... nothing in the last 6 months now alot rolloing in

cuda
04-14-2009, 12:08 PM

Publicity hound.

SKATIN
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Any auto dealer can go onto Manhiem's OVE and there are a lot of boats on there. There was a fountain and a skater on there a while ago. It's worth checking out

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
because the repo market has been on fire for a year.... but just now is the hipo stuff coming in..... nothing in the last 6 months now alot rolloing in

think that all red ZRC is still available in Cali.....you remember the 165K price with "NO LOWBALL OFFERS" written into the ad.......:sifone:

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Depends what you're buying. If you're bottom-trolling for a bargain, that's to be expected. Ifmaintenance records and you can visit the reputable vendor that maintained the boat, I think you have a much better chance than buying something that you're shopping for a nice boat and the seller has what you want, has detailed the guy spend all last season thrashing knowing full well that since he's missed his last 5 payments it wouldn't be around long.

I agree with you to a point but some of these repo hi-po boats were for sale on OSO by the then current owners. They were being pitched as mint, one owner boats at one point. 36 Pantera/ 37 AT come to mind as examples. At some point they were mint boats and since most are sitting very short times on repo lots there is a chance to get a decent boat at a great price.

The 80K 01 T/S TG with 625 hours was listed for years at 139K on boattrader but it never sold even when other boats were 150K. 80K took it at national liq. and that guy put it on Craigslist a week later for 100K. This boat needs work but at 139K it wasn't a deal, at 80 you should be fine after a 40K redo. It needs the same work at 139K that it does at 80K. But with a lower buy in the boat becomes a deal.

JupiterSunsation
04-14-2009, 02:01 PM
As many of you know I am NOT in the boat business, but I am in the RV business. The two pretty much go hand in hand. I totally agree with the statement that dealers are not going to be selling floor planned high end boats or RVs in the near future. This too will pass, but today dealers cannot afford to do this. The floor plans sources have raised our interest rates, and the amount of curtailment (principal) we are required to pay. Dealers cannot afford to have that much investment riding on one sale. We can have 5 or 6 nice campers on the lot for the same cost as 1 Gas Class A motor home. And don’t even think about carrying some thing diesel! If you look at the dealers who are failing. It’s not the ones with 100 campers on the lots, it’s the ones with 20 Class A’s! People are spending money right now, but they are not spending BIG money right now. This is why the dealers who sell and service these high end boats and RVs are struggling. If you don’t support them. They WILL be gone. And that guy who always takes care of your stuff…………………he is not gonna be there for ya any more.

You RV guys still have to wonder if the manufacturers are going to be around with a few of the big guys going under......

Chris
04-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Not all these guys are on floorplan. Some have the financial resources and the proposition is better than parking the money in a near-nothing-yield CD. And my guess is that they can take advantage of some favorable treatment from more than a few manufacturers to take on inventory.

Good or bad, someone with foresight and resources will make the situation profitable.

RHC
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
He has kicked more tires than a Truck Driver !

RLJ676
04-14-2009, 06:24 PM
think that all red ZRC is still available in Cali.....you remember the 165K price with "NO LOWBALL OFFERS" written into the ad.......:sifone:

Now it's like 117 and "NO LOWBALL OFFERS". Odds are at the beginning they thought 120 was a "lowball".:sifone:

Heavyhauler
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
These are novice-traps. The guy that is either less-observant or less experienced gets in and finds out quick his bargain wasn't. Often this is someone's first (and usually last) boat.

This is the category I fell in. I had owned lots of boats but never had a twin high performance boat. After spending the money to make it right, the market is all but gone and I can never recoup the money I spent making it right, so my only hope it to find a trade out there somewhere for something I might enjoy or try to find some enjoyment in my now very expensive powerboat. Won't be my last boat, but will probably be my last twin engine boat. I did take it to a poker run at Lake Murray a couple of weeks ago and had a ball and like someone said you can't put a price on a good time.

phragle
04-14-2009, 07:04 PM
for a bunch of drunken jackasses, there i a lot of brainpower, insight, knowledge and information on this board...seriously...

Tommy Gun
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
http://www.boatauctionsdirect.com/?hop=ncsm02

mosi
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
In theory, people who know they are going to lose a high ticket item beat the chit out of it before they lose it. I have found that, in reality, most people on the verge of losing those high ticket items....cannot afford to use them let alone beat the chit out of them.

phragle
04-14-2009, 11:03 PM
In theory, people who know they are going to lose a high ticket item beat the chit out of it before they lose it. I have found that, in reality, most people on the verge of losing those high ticket items....cannot afford to use them let alone beat the chit out of them.

Mosi...you should see me in a rental car....... I think enterprise still wants to talk to me about a certain chevy corsica... I can imagine their suprise when they realised that the nwindows wouldn't roll up..because they didnt exist....and that the doors didn't close easily because the whole car was bananaed....... the nice insurance agent made the mistake of tellingme.."don't worry about anything, the rental is entirely taken care of" I didn't even have to sign the rental agreement :26::26::26:

BOJOE2
04-14-2009, 11:09 PM

SEAN this is what we were just saying the other night

MetalBrosRacing
04-15-2009, 12:19 AM
99% of all repo boats came from dealers originally...........:sifone:

hhaahahhahahah.:26::26:

JupiterSunsation
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
http://www.boatauctionsdirect.com/?hop=ncsm02

Looks like a scam to get your $40 membership fee.......They currently list 72 boats available in FL. Liquidators has that all by itself for free....

Sunsation96
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM

:iagree::iagree:This is very true! now you have repair money. Or you have a great boat at a great price:26:

Davidmnc
04-15-2009, 08:51 AM
You RV guys still have to wonder if the manufacturers are going to be around with a few of the big guys going under......

True, at this point if it is not a Thore or Forest River product it is not safe. I am sure there will be others to survive, but those two are the strongest of the big boys. But there are manufactures like Winnebago, and dealers like Camping World and Lazy Days that are in big trouble. We are feeling a huge upturn right now, but part of that is the three dealers in our area that have closed there doors allowing us to take advantage of a larger market share. If only financing would loosen up a bit the market could improve even more.

Tony
04-15-2009, 08:56 AM
True, at this point if it is not a Thore or Forest River product it is not safe. I am sure there will be others to survive, but those two are the strongest of the big boys. But there are manufactures like Winnebago, and dealers like Camping World and Lazy Days that are in big trouble. We are feeling a huge upturn right now, but part of that is the three dealers in our area that have closed there doors allowing us to take advantage of a larger market share. If only financing would loosen up a bit the market could improve even more.

Lazy Days is who my folks were dealing with, they spent something like 7k for their extended warranty for basically nothing.:ack2:

Davidmnc
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Lazy Days is who my folks were dealing with, they spent something like 7k for their extended warranty for basically nothing.:ack2:

Those guys are in big trouble right now. That should explain allot!

Sunsation96
04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Or it could go the other way. There could be fewer outlets and those retailers with the strength to survive can get better distribution terms from their existing manufacturers.

Boat manufacturers have always had the avenue of direct distribution available to them. Many smaller manufacturers have tried to build an equivalent product and sell it direct for a substantially lower price than their larger competition. Not one has ever succeeded in any discernable scale. The model has never worked and I don't see any reason it will now. I still remember the luxury tax days where the entire industry came close to disappearing and no one's direct-sales model ever took hold. Even in something like the parts business, the "warehouse outlet" models have never really taken hold. There's a very narrow sliver inside the vertical for the highly-capable do-it-yourself'er and support costs money. This isn't unique to the boat business. Visit any wholesale auto parts jobber, a construction supply, plumbing, HVAC or industrial supply house. You'll find knowledgeable, capable sales/support people on those phones, computers and counters. Even the professionals need support. And believe me, every one of those industries has attempted to "cut out the middleman".

In the days when 90% of the fast boat population was in South Florida, it had a chance. Nowadays we have go-fasts boats on pulled across the country. And they need support for their half-million-dollar toys. And they get that from the dealer.

I am in manufacturing of high end HVAC indoor air quality products. And what you have said was the truth years ago. What we are finding is that the supply houses simply just want to stock a product and mark it up and sell the product they don't offer support for the product. If something goes wrong they tell the contractor to call the maker of the product. And due to our present economy the supply houses are cutting back on stocking products. This is not all supply houses or dealers but what is the point of the middle man when they don't provide any support for the product. But in our industry we are still and will need them to get our products to the contractor for now.

Sunsation96
04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Depends what you're buying. If you're bottom-trolling for a bargain, that's to be expected. If you're shopping for a nice boat and the seller has what you want, has detailed maintenance records and you can visit the reputable vendor that maintained the boat, I think you have a much better chance than buying something that the guy spend all last season thrashing knowing full well that since he's missed his last 5 payments it wouldn't be around long.

I've bought pristine stuff and I've bought absolute projects. And I've bought OK stuff that "just needed a bit of TLC" The only thing I ever got hurt on was the third one. In every boat's life, there's a point of equilibrium- where the boat still looks decent, but is just about to the point where it's either going to begin it's swift decline or it's going to need alot to bring it back. You see an awful lot of boats for sale at that particular point. Always have, always will. These are novice-traps. The guy that is either less-observant or less experienced gets in and finds out quick his bargain wasn't. Often this is someone's first (and usually last) boat.

Very well put. I can tell you that I thought I what I found out after the sale is it needed alot of work and yes it was a repo and it was my first boat. But what I can say is that I got lucky that it was a Sunsation. The company bent over backwards to help me a guy who messed up and bought a boat that is 12 years old. If it was not for that I would be screwed. I owe those guy's alot.

HPOffshore
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Not all these guys are on floorplan. Some have the financial resources and the proposition is better than parking the money in a near-nothing-yield CD. And my guess is that they can take advantage of some favorable treatment from more than a few manufacturers to take on inventory.

Good or bad, someone with foresight and resources will make the situation profitable.

Very true...however; EVERYONE'S money costs something, so self-floor-planning's only real advantage(at this time) is stocking inventory when others can't(a dubious advantage, to say-the-least) . There is going to be huge attrition in both sales-based & manufacturing-based marine business' before this gets any better.
By-and-large, no builder WANTS to be in the direct retail sales business...they typically only do it when forced to, by either such low-volume sales #'s that no dealer network can make a go of it, or it's such a narrow-focus product that potential buyers identify more with the individual(s) building the boat, than any mass-market appeal the product may have.
A repo boat is only cheap(good buy), if it remains that way after the purchase. Because of how lots of these boats came to be repos, there's usually no prior history, and often title/ownership transfer issues. I've heard many, many complaints of this recently.

MarylandMark
04-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Now it's like 117 and "NO LOWBALL OFFERS". Odds are at the beginning they thought 120 was a "lowball".:sifone:

Bingo!! "Chasing the market down". Most of the time they end up selling for less than the original "low ball" offer; not to mention if they have payments, insurance, storage, etc bills along with it.

True, at this point if it is not a Thore or Forest River product it is not safe.

Carriage?

cosmic12
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Here's a good deal. http://www.yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=19918

Davidmnc
04-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Carriage?

Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
True, at this point if it is not a Thore or Forest River product it is not safe.

JupiterSunsation
04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Here's a good deal. http://www.yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=19918

It is still 3 years old and no trailer. You can buy a no stories boat, newer for a couple bucks more in the OSO classifieds. That boat for 100K would be a steal.....

cosmic12
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
It is still 3 years old and no trailer. You can buy a no stories boat, newer for a couple bucks more in the OSO classifieds. That boat for 100K would be a steal.....

I agree they are starting to high, but you don't know what is owed on it.
I say offer 95 to 100k and see what happens.

Dreamer
04-23-2009, 07:37 PM
for the last time the starting bid means nothing its just a ballpark of value
high bid now is at 90 saw it last week

80k intrepid went for 100+
135k pantera went less than 70

cosmic12
04-23-2009, 09:01 PM

So what kinda shape is it in?

Geronimo36
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
May not want to throw all the dealers out with the bath water...... My friend just purchased a 46' OL and got it for an excellent price thru a dealer.... They needed to move the boat and he had cash.......seems to work best that way!!!;)

Now he need's to move his 42' OL....make offers! :)

JupiterSunsation
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Just figured that boat would generate a little more interest since they are made about 20 minutes away......

Did it look like a 100 hr boat?

cosmic12
04-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Pat is reporting that it was dirty last time he saw it, and will send someone to ck it out.

cuda
04-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I am in manufacturing of high end HVAC indoor air quality products. And what you have said was the truth years ago. What we are finding is that the supply houses simply just want to stock a product and mark it up and sell the product they don't offer support for the product. If something goes wrong they tell the contractor to call the maker of the product. And due to our present economy the supply houses are cutting back on stocking products. This is not all supply houses or dealers but what is the point of the middle man when they don't provide any support for the product. But in our industry we are still and will need them to get our products to the contractor for now.

Same in the tile world too.

cuda
04-23-2009, 09:52 PM

Which were you going to buy?

Dreamer
04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
pantera sold a week before i went to fla to see it was told before that 70 would take it it went for less thought it did have 350 hard saltwater hrs

saw the intrepid while i was there last week called when i got back to place bid and it was already under contract in the first week there(the bid thing can be circumvented if ur sitting in front of em with ur check book and they call the bank)... i was really thinking of getting the intrepid when u see it feel it is is sooooooo much boat for the money compared to the go fasts... u wonder how u could pay so much for a boat with so much less... same with a cobalt 343 that i was bidding on that went in the first ten days also... the kicker was it was in cleveland and sold while i was in miami!!!!!

i think i gotta get off this cigarette kick and jump on these deal when they come... but i know as soon as i do my cigarette deal will pop up right after i pull the trigger

RLJ676
04-24-2009, 05:47 PM
pantera sold a week before i went to fla to see it was told before that 70 would take it it went for less thought it did have 350 hard saltwater hrs

saw the intrepid while i was there last week called when i got back to place bid and it was already under contract in the first week there(the bid thing can be circumvented if ur sitting in front of em with ur check book and they call the bank)... i was really thinking of getting the intrepid when u see it feel it is is sooooooo much boat for the money compared to the go fasts... u wonder how u could pay so much for a boat with so much less... same with a cobalt 343 that i was bidding on that went in the first ten days also... the kicker was it was in cleveland and sold while i was in miami!!!!!

i think i gotta get off this cigarette kick and jump on these deal when they come... but i know as soon as i do my cigarette deal will pop up right after i pull the trigger

What did that 343 with 525's go for? That was an interesting boat for sure, would have been pretty cool.

cuda
04-24-2009, 08:37 PM

No doubt.