PDA

View Full Version : Day of Boating costs $93 more than it should

florida gator
04-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Pretty bad when even the cop appologizes repeatedly while writing a ticket. Went to one of my favorite beach restaurants/bars yesterday and it turns out they have moved the area you can pull up in your boat. I actually have one of there full page ads with a picture from the top deck overlooking the beach and boats, including mine, in the same exact spot. Officer apologized repeatedly and said once it's called in he has no discretion and has to write a ticket.

So if anyone is in Pinellas and going to Caddy's be careful where you pull up!!!

Magic Medicine
04-13-2009, 09:15 AM
That seems pretty lame to me, you should have the opportunity to move it

cigdaze
04-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Caddy's?...I didn't even know you can pull a boat up there.
Bummer! :mad:

SKATIN
04-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah they moved the boat parking over to the other side. The almost banned alcohol on that beach couple weeks ago. It's really rough over there.

florida gator
04-13-2009, 10:16 AM
They're cracking down pretty hard. He said if it had not been called in he would have just given a warning. I asked who called in and he said they have officers stationed right their on the beach.

I'm thinking about taking that one to court and begging forgiveness.

I also asked if they were cracking down on boats at the Undertow and he said yes. Sucks. I always liked going to both places by boat better than fighting the car traffic.

cigdaze
04-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow. That sucks! You know it's not the cops, but the damned cities' municipalities and friggin' old codgers who have nothing else to do than dream up things to complain about.

florida gator
04-13-2009, 10:55 AM
I know. I felt pretty confidant I could talk my way out of it until he started apologizing. He apologized repeatedly and seemed sincere when saying he hated writing the ticket but it was out of his hands once it was called in.

On a brighter note, I ran down to Shell Island and only had to share it with about 10 other boats. Had plenty of plastic cups and through some steaks and burgers on the grill. It's great having a girlfriend doing the catering for one of the best steak rest in the area!!!

SKATIN
04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I love shell island! My buddy told me he docks his boat off that house on the little island in the middle and the cops can't ticket you for alcohol. I am really looking forward to Wet Ultra Lounge! Actually the owner of Caddy's is building it http://tierraverdemarinafl.com/restaurants.php

florida gator
04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, seems nice but pretty slowgoing at this point. Not that there's any shortage of places to go around here. But why should a boater be denied access to the beach??? I can see not being allowed to run inside the swimming buoys but hell I primarily drifted in with the tide and just bumped into gear a couple times to control the drift. I was very cautios and at the very most was barely in gear. The biggest problem I had was it was ok until recently and now they are "mandating" tickets.