PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Meyers?

Geronimo36
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Anything good happening in Ft. Meyers the 1st thru the 5th in May?

Bobthebuilder
04-08-2009, 03:31 PM

I'm not aware of anything at this point. Ft. Myers Offshore just completed it's spring schedule with a fun run to Naples this past weekend. No organized events now until early October.

I will check for you on the date of the canoe races in Naples. That is one huge boat party when everyone heads down to Keewaydin Island.

Bob

PARADOX
04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Bob.

Just joined the club. :26:

You need to get some more fun stuff going during the summer.
These Poker Runs are getting expensive. :(

There used to be a fun event in Illinois, during 4th of July.. A "Raft" race on the Rock, for charity. Bunch of private people and corporations made home made boats/rafts, or anything that floats and raced from point A to B. no props, paddles only. Helava fun times. Great spectator event, and many boats were around. Then the fireworks.

Nykamp
04-08-2009, 07:27 PM
You should stop by APACHE, when you are in the area.

OldSchool
04-08-2009, 07:50 PM

BEER!!!! :cheers2:

Bobthebuilder
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Bob.

Just joined the club. :26:

You need to get some more fun stuff going during the summer.
These Poker Runs are getting expensive. :(

There used to be a fun event in Illinois, during 4th of July.. A "Raft" race on the Rock, for charity. Bunch of private people and corporations made home made boats/rafts, or anything that floats and raced from point A to B. no props, paddles only. Helava fun times. Great spectator event, and many boats were around. Then the fireworks.

Great, Peter. Welcome to FMO. A few people have been disappointed that we have no formal plans for the summer. We have 3 resident members on the board and I will suggest they test the waters to see if there is enough support to put together a run or two. Out of our 50 members I would guess that almost half are year round residents. I will let you know what comes of it.
Bob

Geronimo36
04-08-2009, 08:46 PM
BEER!!!! :cheers2:

Cheers to that!

I'm sure we'll hit Sanibel during the day and some of the local watering holes..:26:

although, we'll have the baby so not going to party to hard, ya know!:seeya:

Geronimo36
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Also, sorry for spelling ft. myers wrong...I always do that!!

wantingmore
04-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Give me a shout when you get down. I've got a 2 year old so we could do "responsible grown up" stuff. We could do some putting around or whatever. 239-220-9410
Tom

Maritime_eng
04-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Amanda and I are always around and will be looking to make a few runs this summer along with spending alot of time at the beach.

Don
239-699-0716

northernoffshore
04-09-2009, 08:52 AM
If you go to mcmanus ,Offshore performance specialties is next door and full of performance parts.

Bobthebuilder
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I just checked and the weekend of the canoe races is the 9th so you will just miss it. Now that's a good time !
Bob