PDA

View Full Version : gangbangers and whitecollar crime

phragle
04-07-2009, 11:57 PM
was just watching niteline... in san diego they have busted several gangmembers who were running real estate scams. an example is that they would find a house for sale for 499K have it appraised by an accomplice for 600k, then get a 600k no down mortgage and split the 200k proceeds, then never making a single payment.

The gangbangers have discovered that mortgage fraud is much more profitable than selling drugs.

Scarab KV
04-08-2009, 12:01 AM
was just watching niteline... in san diego they have busted several gangmembers who were running real estate scams. an example is that they would find a house for sale for 499K have it appraised by an accomplice for 600k, then get a 600k no down mortgage and split the 200k proceeds, then never making a single payment.

The gangbangers have discovered that mortgage fraud is much more profitable than selling drugs.

Just saw that.....they'l be out tomorrow

99fever27
04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
How in the hell would they get approved for something like that in todays world?

Scarab KV
04-08-2009, 12:09 AM
How in the hell would they get approved for something like that in todays world?

Been go'n on a couple years

phragle
04-08-2009, 12:34 AM
not to mention, you take a few million white collar and you get a year or two, sell 20 bucks worth of crack and the penalties are much more severe....

Scarab KV
04-08-2009, 12:37 AM
not to mention, you take a few million white collar and you get a year or two, sell 20 bucks worth of crack and the penalties are much more severe....

The bangers are figur'n this $hit out.

catastrophe
04-08-2009, 12:46 AM

Season 3 of The Sopranos

Madpoodle
04-08-2009, 05:39 AM
They learned it from the condo flippers in So Fla...

Audiofn
04-08-2009, 06:57 AM
This has to be coming to a grinding halt as the banks are now requiring much larger deposits again and high credit scores.

Ratickle
04-08-2009, 07:00 AM

Still think the only way to permantly stop this crap is to put the loan approvers in jail for fraud. They cannot be so stupid as to think this is a good loan risk.

JupiterSunsation
04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
They just sentenced a ring of Haitians here in FL for the same thing. The broker was the daughter of a local realtor and when someone questioned her about these Haitians buying million dollar homes she said I know want to know about it and processed the loans. They had grocery cashiers signing for million dollar homes with the money being made on the bogus transaction and not one payment being made to the lender.

Funny thing was the Haitians made millions (got 5-8 years each) and the mortgage broker/title agents made less than 300K and got 3 years. The brokers/agents even had to pay taxes on the revenue so their net was even less so in this case the Haitians were smarter!

Scarab KV
04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I've come to the conclusion, I'm never gonna get ahead being honest:o

phragle
04-08-2009, 02:07 PM
the scams will change with the times, but the only way I see to really put a dent in it is to treat white collar crime like any other crime with real prison terms. If conviceted of some kind of scam /fraud in excess of one mill. should be a mandatory life sentence. there is no deterent when you can make an incredible amount of money and see at most a 2 to 5 year sentence, and with good behavior in a min security prison actually serve 9 months to 2 years. when you consider the medien income is under 50k a year. you scam 3/4 mil. stash it..get caught, spend 18 mo.s in jail, your still WAY ahead of the average worker. This makes the crime a wise investment even if caught.

Wrinkleface
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
They learned it from the condo flippers in So Fla...

Bill Hionas help them w/ that!!!:eek:

Wrinkleface
04-08-2009, 02:25 PM

The fact U claim U R sez that U R not!!!!:26::biggrinjester:

03darkshadow
04-08-2009, 07:02 PM

how does 600k minus 499k give you a 200k profit? wouldnt that be more like 101k?

Ratickle
04-08-2009, 07:05 PM
how does 600k minus 499k give you a 200k profit? wouldnt that be more like 101k?

I don't have enough fingers to figure it out.....:sifone:

BY U BOY
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM

unless you have a wicked jump shot or sling crack rock:sifone:

Tommy Gun
04-08-2009, 10:07 PM

That is a very sad but true statement (in monetary terms). The values that you adhere to are much more important than those aquired illegally.

Tommy Gun
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
the scams will change with the times, but the only way I see to really put a dent in it is to treat white collar crime like any other crime with real prison terms. If conviceted of some kind of scam /fraud in excess of one mill. should be a mandatory life sentence. there is no deterent when you can make an incredible amount of money and see at most a 2 to 5 year sentence, and with good behavior in a min security prison actually serve 9 months to 2 years. when you consider the medien income is under 50k a year. you scam 3/4 mil. stash it..get caught, spend 18 mo.s in jail, your still WAY ahead of the average worker. This makes the crime a wise investment even if caught.

Agreed; string 'em up or plug'em in. Enough already.