PDA

View Full Version : Messed up priorities:

Cash Bar
04-05-2009, 11:10 PM
This just struck a nerve with me.

Ed Freeman

You're an 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board. Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise, ID . . . May God rest his soul!

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop coward beating the crap out of his "girlfriend.�

Medal of Honor Winner

Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media

Perlmudder
04-05-2009, 11:14 PM
nice story. rip ed.

99fever27
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Good stuff right there:USA:

RIP

mosi
04-06-2009, 01:18 AM
The only thing false about that story is that Captain Ed W Freeman, United States Army, died in August of 2008.

The man was a true hero

Thank You Captain Freeman

Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Self-less Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage

MattBMiller
04-06-2009, 07:06 AM
R.i.p.

Magic Medicine
04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Rip

Scarab KV
04-06-2009, 09:59 AM
A little late, but yah....good news doesn't sell.
He served in three wars....a real hero and I'll bet he never charged anyone for his autograph.

RIP

Cash Bar
04-06-2009, 11:29 AM
The only thing false about that story is that Captain Ed W Freeman, United States Army, died in August of 2008.

Yes, but I am sure there was another Rapper-beats-girl story that week too. :boxing_smiley:

Too many of them are going with no respect or even acknowledgment.:(

sellsman11
04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, but I am sure there was another Rapper-beats-girl story that week too. :boxing_smiley:

Too many of them are going with no respect or even acknowledgment.:(

Something is gonna have to change.:(:(

mosi
04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Cash.....I was not knocking the post at all, in any way. I was just pointing that out so people COULD NOT say it was inacurate.

I know what your point is and it is indeed true. Media wants UGLY stories instead of GOOD and REWARDING stories.

Great Post!!!

Cash Bar
04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Cash.....I was not knocking the post at all, in any way. I was just pointing that out so people COULD NOT say it was inacurate.

I know what your point is and it is indeed true. Media wants UGLY stories instead of GOOD and REWARDING stories.

Great Post!!!

Never took it that way. No problem.

I miss my Grandfather terribly and he was a Bombardier on a B-26 in N. Africa. I regret never listening(and he didn't just offer) to his stories.

Now I see my Uncle fading away. Agent Orange plus the residual mess of 3 Tours and 3 Purple Hearts. :(

He doesn't discuss it much, but I do try to listen when he does.

Scarab KV
04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Sadly, it's stories of the generation that didn't beg to be recognized that I want to hear the most:(

RollWithIt
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Its because when some over-hyped premadonna does something.. it generates headlines which sells ads... all about the money. When people do honorable things, it doesnt sensationalize. No money. There are alot of good deeds done daily by alot of people but it rarely makes the news.

on a similar note, sorry buts its on my mind, You always see the negative things cops do but rarely see the good things (which far outnumber the negative) unless the officers are killed in the process.. Sorry bout my rant.

Scarab KV
04-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Its because when some over-hyped premadonna does something.. it generates headlines which sells ads... all about the money. When people do honorable things, it doesnt sensationalize. No money. There are alot of good deeds done daily by alot of people but it rarely makes the news.

on a similar note, sorry buts its on my mind, You always see the negative things cops do but rarely see the good things (which far outnumber the negative) unless the officers are killed in the process.. Sorry bout my rant.

Think nothing of it. Your force took a hard loss this weekend.
Very sad and senseless:(

Expensive Date
04-06-2009, 08:07 PM
R.I.P

Cash my dad was a bomber mechanic in N Africa and Italy what unit did your Dad fly with?

cuda
04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a friend, Wood, who live in Daytona. Several years ago, he got paired up to play golf with another guy. The other guy ( I know him too, Recon Ron), hit a bad shot and was pizzed off. My buddy, Wood, said, "Having a bad day?". Ron freaked out, turns out Wood was on a 50 cal and pulled Ron into the chopper. They hadn't seen each other since. That's exactly what Wood said to him when he pulled him in the chopper, and out of a fire fight. I'm sure there are a lot more stories like that, but most people who have been in battle, don't like to talk about it.

old377guy
04-06-2009, 09:17 PM
God rest his soul

Scarab KV
04-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I have a friend, Wood, who live in Daytona. Several years ago, he got paired up to play golf with another guy. The other guy ( I know him too, Recon Ron), hit a bad shot and was pizzed off. My buddy, Wood, said, "Having a bad day?". Ron freaked out, turns out Wood was on a 50 cal and pulled Ron into the chopper. They hadn't seen each other since. That's exactly what Wood said to him when he pulled him in the chopper, and out of a fire fight. I'm sure there are a lot more stories like that, but most people who have been in battle, don't like to talk about it.

That's cool