PDA

View Full Version : Aflac (suplimental ins.)

glassdave
04-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Anybody have any thoughts on suplimental insurance? I had a girl in my office from Aflac yesterday and i was thinking about adding supplemental insurance to go along with my regular insurance.

The way i understand it is it kicks in to cover deductibles, lost work, other hospital stuff.

Anyone familiar with this kinda stuff? Its called Personal Accident Indemnity plan. Its about thirty bucks a month and doesnt sound to bad.

Blue Oval
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
I have a few of my workers who have it,the old rep. was very good and helped out with claims.Worked very well for them,My mother passed away 12 mths ago,she had it,had to get claim taken care of with the main office.They finally paid what they claimed they would after a long battle.I was calling my old rep. for help,when the new rep. came back for empl. renewals I showed her the door,and called main office to get old rep. back.I could have worked threw it if she would of returned my 12 calls!Point is,make sure you have a good rep. and it is a good ins. plan.

mosi
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Dave.....Make sure you tell her what your hobby is.

It will save problems come claim time.

glassdave
04-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Dave.....Make sure you tell her what your hobby is.

It will save problems come claim time.

We covered that, i asked her about the boat racing and i asked about the time we flipped the AMT cat racing in StClair. I incurred some expense of the deductibles and she said that would be covered. There was nothing in the fine print the excluded boat racing. The mountain climbing was excluded but as we got further into that subject it turns out she climbs as well (good look'in chik to . . . I'm workin on it :D). Basically it comes down to wording, We call it high angle winter hiking and do not mention the use of ropes or tech ice gear that takes it back under coverage.

I am basically looking through the policy and making sure its not void by some of these things. So far looks like it could be a decent supplement. I also do not abuse any of my insurance, never had a claim on auto and very very little on health. Had a gal bladder act up several years ago and the quick check up after the boat flip but neither turned into any kind of claim and were nothing more than office visits.

ChiefApache
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
That's interesting. Let us know Dave. We're in the process of reviewing our supplemental ins and we pay waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for it.

mosi
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Dave, you know I was in that game for many, many years.

If that 'non specialty' accident policy covers "racing of vehicles" it would be a first I have ever seen. ( it's usually stated "Racing of vehicles of any type" )

Agents can say anything. She may be correct but, just for giggles,...... ask to see and read a sample policy or.... call the claims department and just ask a Claims Rep.

Just like any policy....If it is SOOOOOOOOO much better that someone else's (sounds too good)....... CoverYourAss.

I might be wrong...... :dupe:

:lurk5:

glassdave
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
point taken Mosi, I forgot you were in that biz. I will look into it further and yes it does make sense that some of those things would void the policy(which basically is why i started the thread). . . . . she's still a pretty hot chick though . . . isnt that worth something? :D

03darkshadow
04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
well you should try and take her out boating first of all. :)

i looked into getting some too, what i figure it to be is helping you get the rest of your money if you're out sick. i imagine you have long and short term disability. this just adds on top of that to help. i dont understand why they would care what you're doing when you get hurt, isnt that what your health insurance is for?

mosi
04-03-2009, 06:49 PM
point taken Mosi, I forgot you were in that biz. I will look into it further and yes it does make sense that some of those things would void the policy(which basically is why i started the thread). .

. . . she's still a pretty hot chick though . . . isnt that worth something? :D

Of course........just remember, certain policies require physicals....
.......ask her when she wants to go out on the boat so YOU can give HER one!!!!:moon: :boobflash: :kiss:

Audiofn
04-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Ya hot is good. Just don't be blinded by her hotness and not review the actual policy. All mine state no racing. In fact every year I have to review my boat hours and so on with my umbrella policy (Amica). They want to know how many hours and what % at WOT. Of course my numbers are always very low (I think I used the Donzi for about 2 hours last year and maybe 1 min at WOT. They like to ya ya you to death but make sure that you got it in writing.