PDA

View Full Version : Where will Jay Cutler land?

LaughingCat
03-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Looks like he will be trades in the next few weeks. Irreconcilable differences. is he coming to Tampa, going to Jets or somewhere else?

Bobcat
03-31-2009, 10:43 PM
as a vikes fan we wanted him really bad , but rumor has it that he is a falling down drunk(like me:)

Cash Bar
03-31-2009, 11:09 PM
but rumor has it that he is a falling down drunk(like me:)

Ever met Jim Kelly or John Elway or Marino or..... :sifone:

I think Puzzy...errr.... Peyton... Manning may be the closest to sober of any QB since Staubach.

LaughingCat
04-01-2009, 08:49 AM
but rumor has it that he is a falling down drunk(like me:)

Maybe he'll join SOS when he arrives in Tampa

cuda
04-01-2009, 08:58 AM
He will probably end up on the Ryan Leaf scrap pile.

Bobcat
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Ever met Jim Kelly or John Elway or Marino or..... :sifone:

I think Puzzy...errr.... Peyton... Manning may be the closest to sober of any QB since Staubach.

brett farve ued to hit it pretty hard

stecz20
04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
jets...

Bobcat
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
jets...

the jets have a better QB than eli !:(

inbetween
04-01-2009, 11:59 PM
rumor has it that he is a falling down drunk(like me:)

sounds like there's some softball is in his future :26:

Bobcat
04-02-2009, 12:03 AM
sounds like there's some softball is in his future :26:

:sifone:

catmando
04-02-2009, 12:57 AM
We'll trade Romo the Homo straight up for him.

Sea-Dated
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
We'll trade Romo the Homo straight up for him.

I actually have to agree with you on that one.....

i think I just died a little inside agreeing with Cat......:rofl::rofl:

redhotsommer
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh puuuuleeeeeeze! Your gonna complain about Romo???? We have Kyle freakin' ORTON here! And BARELY got rid of Grossman! I'd take him for sure! Bears football is very painful to watch sometimes.

getchasum111
04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
brett farve ued to hit it pretty hard

they use to call him buckhead brett when he was in atlanta......out drunk in the buckhead area ...

cuda
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
We (the Bucs) don't need a quarterback who thinks he can tell the coach how to coach.

LaughingCat
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
that's true. But we need a quarterback who can control the team. Not sure if Luke or Jay fit that mold.

redhotsommer
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
DAAAAA BBBEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRSSSS! Wooohoooooo! First reports saying that they are trading Orton, 1st and 3rd round pics next year and 1st round in two.

cuda
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
DAAAAA BBBEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRSSSS! Wooohoooooo! First reports saying that they are trading Orton, 1st and 3rd round pics next year and 1st round in two.

Take him. Jeff Garcia was a natural born leader, too bad age caught up with him. He had heart! Something Cutler is not blessed with, just a strong arm, and a weak mind.

Bobcat
04-02-2009, 10:02 PM

we will give you brad childress and a 2nd round pick for him:sifone:

cuda
04-03-2009, 01:26 AM
I'd trade him for a new jockstrap, and an old broom.

catmando
04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Yep to da Bears. :seeya: :03:

clayinaustin
04-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Daaaaaaaaa bears, da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears :D

LaughingCat
04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Daaaaaaaaa bears, da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears, da bears :D

Aren't you supposed to choke on a chicken breast when chanting that?

Talk about going all in with a pair of 2's. Bears gave away the draft farm to get Cutler. They may be lucky enough to draw a set or full house, but this is a huge gamble. I am relieved the Bucs learned their lesson from buying Gruden and decided not to go after Cutler. We're not that desperate.

redhotsommer
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Don't be hatin bruthas.... At least most of you have had the luxury of having witnessed at LEAST ONE good QB in your hometowns. Since the vaunted days of Jim McMahon (yup, I was in 5th grade then), we have not seen the likes of even mediocre talent. And we've had Favre just to the north almost that entire time...look up the list of how many qbs the Bears had while brett was in GB. I don't know anything about Cutler except that he's a ProBowl quarterback...something Chicago has never had! I'll be jazzed to see them this year...hopefully I'll be hitting a preseason game by boat!

cuda
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Don't be hatin bruthas.... At least most of you have had the luxury of having witnessed at LEAST ONE good QB in your hometowns. Since the vaunted days of Jim McMahon (yup, I was in 5th grade then), we have not seen the likes of even mediocre talent. And we've had Favre just to the north almost that entire time...look up the list of how many qbs the Bears had while brett was in GB. I don't know anything about Cutler except that he's a ProBowl quarterback...something Chicago has never had! I'll be jazzed to see them this year...hopefully I'll be hitting a preseason game by boat!

I only hope he is a ProBowl coach too.

cuda
04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Then there's Cutler's losing record as a starting quarterback. Considering all the hype, he hasn't really produced a great body of work during his brief time in the NFL. Sure he can throw a football an obscene distance, but winning football games isn't necessarily about arm strength. It's mostly about leadership, decision-making and fortitude.
Then consider Cutler's thin skin. The guy was incredulous when his name was mentioned in trade talks after new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels arrived. Cutler needs to get over himself and realize virtually no starting quarterback's job is safe indefinitely. If he gets unhinged over being the subject of trade rumors, what's going to happen when it's fourth down and nine in the Super Bowl, and he needs to extend the drive with a completion?
Cutler will face scrutiny in Chicago that he did not in Denver, and it's highly uncertain if he can be productive amid that distraction. Remember the Bears reached the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as their quarterback. What excuse does Cutler have if he can't get Chicago that far?

I just don't like the guy. You can't make chicken salad out of chitsh!t.

Blue Oval
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM
I wish the state of Michigan was able to talk about the NFL,we have to rent out our stadium to NCAA Basketball to get anyone into Ford Field.

Edward R. Cozzi
04-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, at least the "da bearz" are moving in the right direction for a change. I was embarrassed to say I was a Bear fan when Grossman was QB. (It was gross, man.) Kyle Orton? Who?

Bobcat
04-04-2009, 10:05 AM
my Vikings haven't had a QB since warren moon, going to be another tough year with the vaunted sage rosenfels, who could not even start in miami:(

cuda
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
my Vikings haven't had a QB since warren moon, going to be another tough year with the vaunted sage rosenfels, who could not even start in miami:(

You didn't consider Dante Culpepper a quality quarterback?

masher44
04-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I think Cutler is one of the better ones in the league and has the potential to be the best. If he is properly coached and developed, he will be. In the Chicago offense he wont put up the gawdy numbers unless they change their approach, which they should do now.

He is very young and has a cannon. I think he is a pretty smart guy too. I think over the next 5 years, Chicago has to be a favorite for the Super Bowl each year. Wish we could have dumped Romo for Cutler easily.

Bobcat
04-04-2009, 09:25 PM
You didn't consider Dante Culpepper a quality quarterback?

no, he had one good year ,then whined about randy moss, had him traded then whined about no receivers , he fumbled more than rex grossman:(

Bobcat
04-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I think Cutler is one of the better ones in the league and has the potential to be the best. If he is properly coached and developed, he will be. In the Chicago offense he wont put up the gawdy numbers unless they change their approach, which they should do now.

He is very young and has a cannon. I think he is a pretty smart guy too. I think over the next 5 years, Chicago has to be a favorite for the Super Bowl each year. Wish we could have dumped Romo for Cutler easily.

I am still amazed whenever a team passes over a franchise QB, he has got a gun for an arm, I have to go smash my head against the wall for a bit:banghead:

cuda
04-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I am still amazed whenever a team passes over a franchise QB, he has got a gun for an arm, I have to go smash my head against the wall for a bit:banghead:
So did Ryan Leaf.

Bobcat
04-04-2009, 09:56 PM
So did Ryan Leaf.

his little brother will be up next year:leaving:

masher44
04-05-2009, 02:26 AM
best case he has a Dan Fouts type career, worst case Jeff George