PDA

View Full Version : I need help filling and Employment Opportunity

ThrottleUp Props
03-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I am looking for a little help from you guys. It is quite apparent that there are some troubling times in our industry. Many companies are laying staff off and handing out pick slips. We know that some of the larger companies such as Mercury are scaling back and there are some great and talented people out there. Many with families to take care of.

I am blessed enough to be in a position to possibly help a few of them.

I am in need of Experienced Propeller Technicians. I know this is a very niche market, but I thought someone may see this or know of someone from the industry who is looking for a new place to call home.

I apologize to the Moderators if I have posted this improperly. It is just that this is such a niche industry and the power of SOS has done some great things for so many people.

Thanks for looking guys!

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
727-531-2255

Buoy
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry not experienced, but willing to learn.
But I'm relocating to Phoenix area this weekend.
Probably not of much help to you unless you were interested in opening a shop in the West.

MattBMiller
03-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Does this count as experienced? :rofl:

Sounds like an interesting job.

BBB725
03-31-2009, 06:02 PM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn:biggrinjester:

Chris
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
For you guys and to help out some potential out-of-work industry professional, we're happy to leave it here.

Our way of saying thanks for your support of the site!

MattBMiller
03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Question....is there any place that teaches this or is it learned hands on?

Buoy
03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Question....is there any place that teaches this or is it learned hands on?

Good question.
I've always been somewhat fascinated with the geometry that goes into this.
There are books on propellers and calcs. that can make your head spin.

BradH
03-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Julie, just for some clarification, are you looking for CAD/machining or repair/finishing/labbing talent?

Ratickle
03-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Michigan Wheel has had cutbacks and they used to be one of the main players. Don't know who to contact there though.

I have a lot of experience working with my RC props...

2.5 inches diameter, 5.1 inches pitch, 17,000+ RPM .....:sifone:.....

ThrottleUp Props
03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Julie, just for some clarification, are you looking for CAD/machining or repair/finishing/labbing talent?

We need finishing talent right now...;.but you nver know what the future will hold Brad!!!

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
For you guys and to help out some potential out-of-work industry professional, we're happy to leave it here.

Our way of saying thanks for your support of the site!

Thank you Chris! I really hope to be able to help someone avoid the unpleasantries, of the un-employment line. There are so many great people out there looking for work at no fault of their own. We would like to help if we can.

As always we appreciate SeriousOffshore.com as well!

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Michigan Wheel has had cutbacks and they used to be one of the main players. Don't know who to contact there though.

I have a lot of experience working with my RC props...

2.5 inches diameter, 5.1 inches pitch, 17,000+ RPM .....:sifone:.....

I have one of these sitting on my desk....a guy want to start CNC machining them!

Julie

Wrinkleface
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Thank you Chris! I really hope to be able to help someone avoid the unpleasantries, of the un-employment line. There are so many great people out there looking for work at no fault of their own. We would like to help if we can.

As always we appreciate SeriousOffshore.com as well!

Julie

Good luck Girlie!!, put the thong on & they will come run'n!!!!:26:

ThrottleUp Props
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Does this count as experienced? :rofl:

Sounds like an interesting job.

It is a skill set that we have found, very few possess. I would compare it to Autobody work....they have great dexterity.

OUCH!!!!!!! Sorry to see that picture....

Death of a prop!

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Good luck Girlie!!, put the thong on & they will come run'n!!!!:26:

Gosh, I wish it was just that easy! Ha Ha!:biggrinjester:

Julie

MarylandMark
04-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Awesome that your business is doing well enough to add people to the payroll- your deserve it!!!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Julie,

I'll keep my ears open. (no pun intended):sifone:

Nice see you can use the help!

That is always a good thing! ;)

Sydwayz
04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Have tools; will travel. What time do I start on Monday?

ThrottleUp Props
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi Julie,

I'll keep my ears open. (no pun intended):sifone:

Nice see you can use the help!

That is always a good thing! ;)

Thanks Tim!

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Awesome that your business is doing well enough to add people to the payroll- your deserve it!!!

Yes it is M&M!

I am feeling really blessed!

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Have tools; will travel. What time do I start on Monday?

Now that is one REALLY BIG Hammer! Its almost as big as mine!!!!;)

Julie

32fever
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
I have no experience whatsoever and I have no plans on working very hard at all. But, I would consider a part time Tues to Thurs position working from 9 am to 4 pm for a $225,000 annual salary. Please fax me employment papers. Thank you.

Hey, what? this is worse than the others you have gotten? At least I'm honest!

DollaBill
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
On a side note Cummins Marine Division will, most likely, be completely closed within 90 days. They've gone from roughly 600 employess on Jan 1 to no approx 200 and the rest will go in 60 days. My brother is one of 2 Tech Serv guys that go all over the world for problems local techs can't fix and installs on large yachts. They let BOTH of them go today. There is now only PHONE customer support for Cummins Marine Dsl engines and the Zeus drives.........

And, most of the builders are on a build to order schedule now (cruisers, etc) running at under 20% capacity.

J-Bonz
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM
On a side note Cummins Marine Division will, most likely, be completely closed within 90 days. They've gone from roughly 600 employess on Jan 1 to no approx 200 and the rest will go in 60 days. My brother is one of 2 Tech Serv guys that go all over the world for problems local techs can't fix and installs on large yachts. They let BOTH of them go today. There is now only PHONE customer support for Cummins Marine Dsl engines and the Zeus drives.........

And, most of the builders are on a build to order schedule now (cruisers, etc) running at under 20% capacity.

WOW, that is sad to here. They closed one of our exhaust plants up here in WI............ and eliminated many postions. Some people I worked close with.
Jr.

DollaBill
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Can you imagine dropping 500K to over a few million and you have an 800# to call when you have a problem. ouch

BlackJack58
04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I saw on an official Chris Craft blog Monday that their mindset is, that if anybody wants one from here on out, they are going to have to order it:

http://www.chriscraft.com/index.php?submenu=CCBlog&src=blog

rbhudelson
04-01-2009, 08:41 PM

I've seen this happen before. Hopefully it represents a great opportunity for your brother to start something himself to fill the need. One of my favorite stories like this was after BP bought Amoco. About 5 Amoco research scientists had just finished inventing this machine that did (something) very special. BP wanted nothing to do with it so in lieu of severance they got their machine that they (Amoco) had spent years and millions of dollars to develop. about a month later exxon had contracted with them for all of the machine's bandwidth. It made them all very wealthy. I love those kind of stories.

Sunsation96
04-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I have no experience whatsoever and I have no plans on working very hard at all. But, I would consider a part time Tues to Thurs position working from 9 am to 4 pm for a $225,000 annual salary. Please fax me employment papers. Thank you.

Hey, what? this is worse than the others you have gotten? At least I'm honest!

Very funny:rofl::rofl::rofl: If this is true I would also like to apply!

Ratickle
04-02-2009, 08:28 AM

If there is no non-compete, and have an attorney review even if there is, the two of them should set-up an immediate business and website to do what they used too. And I mean immediately. Opportunities like that don't come around often.

BradH
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
We need finishing talent right now...;.but you nver know what the future will hold Brad!!!

Julie

I think I'm set, will know more in two weeks. Wanted to make sure everyone knows what you are looking for. But the future could be very good...

When is a good time to call Matt? At the shop?

Brad.

ThrottleUp Props
04-03-2009, 10:02 AM
We are getting ready for the final races in the Middle East , Matt hasn't seen daylight all week! But its a great problem to have....no complaints on our end! It should be very exciting over in Abu Dhabi and Dubai this month. After which we are working n props for the P1 season opener in Malta.

If you would like PM me your cell number and I will have Matt call you as soon as the dust settles...literally!

Thank you for trying to help us find great people, to make GREAT Props!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

catmando
04-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I've always wanted to retire to the Geezer City. How bout it Julie, I'm cheap! :26: :sifone:

Sean Stinson
04-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I've always wanted to retire to the Geezer City. How bout it Julie, I'm cheap! :26: :sifone:

But you're a Democrat bro.....that's just a party foul!!!! Pun intended... Now if you were a Republican.... oh nevermind you wouldn't get it anyway!!!:sifone::sifone:

MarylandMark
04-05-2009, 08:34 AM
but you're a democrat bro.....that's just a party foul!!!! Pun intended... Now if you were a republican.... Oh nevermind you wouldn't get it anyway!!

:26:

pullmytrigger
04-06-2009, 12:04 AM
If there is no non-compete, and have an attorney review even if there is, the two of them should set-up an immediate business and website to do what they used too. And I mean immediately. Opportunities like that don't come around often.

Your absolutely right!!!.......I know an some guys who worked at a chain supermarket as company Refrigeration mechanics......company gets bought out, they all get fired as new company doesn't want to hold all the benefits and upkeep of company trucks etc.....they walk out change shirts, buy some cheap vans and come back as contractors barely missing a beat working on the exact same equipment doing the exact same work.....they minimum doubled (prob closer to tripled) their pay and had all the tax benefits of owning a company overnight......

sorry to hijack your thread Julie.......

I heard you wear a bikini all day at the shop...is that true?? :):)

ThrottleUp Props
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
No worries PMT....and to answer your question...only those who are qualified will find out! HA HA!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness I hope that I can find a great experienced tech to be a part of our team. We want to continue to provide you with the best CNC Propellers available and that requires great staff.

Julie

RACESDAD
04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I have one of these sitting on my desk....a guy want to start CNC machining them!

Julie

have you talked to him lately? im still waiting on my skater r/c

mosi
04-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Julie, If you need someone to put things in boxes.....I'm your man.

"Where there's a box, there's a way" Mosi

ThrottleUp Props
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
have you talked to him lately? im still waiting on my skater r/c

No, I haven't Mike....we were so very busy this winter that it got put on the back burner for us. We are still so busy now that I do not see that project happenign anytime too soon.

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
04-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Julie, If you need someone to put things in boxes.....I'm your man.

"Where there's a box, there's a way" Mosi

:biggrinjester::rofl:

You always make me laugh Mosi!!! I am gald to hear your still up to you same ole tricks!

Julie