PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Ohio Guys

Ratickle
03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
I know you guys in Ohio like to drink, but why did you think this would work????:sifone:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29971638/?GT1=43001

Man charged with drunk driving on bar stool
Cops: 28-year-old wrecked stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower
msnbc.com news services
updated 12:53 p.m. ET, Tues., March. 31, 2009
NEWARK, Ohio - A 28-year-old man has been charged with drunken driving after crashing his motorized bar stool, Ohio authorities said.

Police in Newark, 30 miles east of Columbus, say when they responded to a report of a crash with injuries on March 4, they found a man who had wrecked a bar stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower.

Police released the 911 tapes, revealing the calm exchange between the driver's friend and the dispatcher.

"I got a friend who wrecked a bar stool," the caller said.

When asked by the dispatcher whether he hit his head inside the bar, the friend replied, "Um, no, he was riding the bar stool ... a motorized bar stool."

Kile Wygle, the bar-stool rider, was hospitalized for minor injuries.

During an interview after his crash, Wygle told the reporter, "I drank quite a bit after I wrecked."

Police say he was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated after he told an officer at the hospital that he had consumed 15 beers.

Wygle told police his motorized bar stool can go up to 38 mph.

Wygle has pleaded not guilty and has requested a jury trial.

Perlmudder
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
ive seen those before. they are cool!

JJ Apache
03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Requesting a trial is Always a bad idea when your guilty..............

phragle
03-31-2009, 02:14 PM
I love the wheelie bar!!! Wonder if he parties with the redneck that was posted a couple weeks ago getting pulled over multiple times drunk, riding a lawnmower..all on dash cam.......you know I never really thought about it, but I have a big yard and a riding lawnmower, and I used to mow my parents yard with it several blocks away and never thought twice about riding from here to there with a beer in my hand...

phragle
03-31-2009, 02:16 PM

well he is entitled to a jury of his peers...and if his peers are drunken barstool riders.....

imagine fighting a no wake zone ticket, and the jury consists of Stecz, Bobcat, pengy, Fundy, and I.........

Ratickle
03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
well he is entitled to a jury of his peers...and if his peers are drunken barstool riders.....

imagine fighting a no wake zone ticket, and the jury consists of Stecz, Bobcat, pengy, Fundy, and I.........

I'd throw myself at the mercy of the court......:ack2:

Magic Medicine
03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
A guy in my hometown has gotten more than one dui driving his tractor to the bar. LOL

ChiefApache
03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Now Rat, take a look at all the responses.

We're not the only ones out there driving motor powered bar stools!

MattBMiller
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I love the wheelie bar!!! Wonder if he parties with the redneck that was posted a couple weeks ago getting pulled over multiple times drunk, riding a lawnmower..all on dash cam.......you know I never really thought about it, but I have a big yard and a riding lawnmower, and I used to mow my parents yard with it several blocks away and never thought twice about riding from here to there with a beer in my hand...

Ever ride one? You NEED the wheelie bar

MattBMiller
03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Now Rat, take a look at all the responses.

We're not the only ones out there driving electric bar stools!

Gas powered baby!!!

ChiefApache
03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Gas powered baby!!!

Yeah, sorry, I should have just said motored powered bar stools.

Sea-Dated
03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
Those are cool but I would probably kill myself on one....

DonziGirl
03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Looks like fun to me!

MattBMiller
03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like fun to me!

That's the spirit!:26:

Dude! Sweet!
03-31-2009, 03:03 PM
And then there are the motorized coolers as well. Lower CG and you can keep your beer cold. Seems like a win-win to me!

http://www.cruzincooler.com/

Bobcat
03-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Those are cool but I would probably kill myself on one....

I am killing myself on a non animated bar stool , might take me another thirty years though:sifone:

Chris
03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Ohio is a unique place. Not quite as unique as Michigan, but close.

Sunsation96
03-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Sweet ride

fund razor
03-31-2009, 04:37 PM

He is in Ohio... I say he rolls the dice on a jury of drunken peers who want to ride it. If I were a juror, I would insist.

Be careful with pengy... he likes the manatees, he could turn on us.

I want to ride the barstool. There is also a guy in Ohio with a 20 foot tall shopping cart with a 454 in it. :D

nortech4play
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
At least it was only on the B&S variety bar stool.... They had one of these Boss Hoss rides down at the Shootout a couple of years ago...If your gonna have one at least "Go Big"....:sifone:

phragle
03-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Worst thing I ever saw was in cali... the cops were majorly hassling a guy and gave him a dui outside a bar.... the guy knew he was going to the bar, he knew he was on a drinking mission..so he rode his bike..not Harley, but Huffy... the guy tried to do the responsible thing, not driving his car when he knew he was gonna be drunk. giving the guy a dui which will suspend his liscense and cost thousands of dollars for trying to be responsible?? thats just not cool.

Buoy
03-31-2009, 05:43 PM

I'm not an attorney, but I would work the angle that it is not a street legal vehicle.
Take the fine for not having a street legal...
Just a thought...
Yeah, it has holes in it, but if you're a fast talker you could probably make it work.

MattBMiller
03-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, it has holes in it, but if you're a fast talker you could probably make it work.

Of if he was a fast rider he wouldn't have to worry about getting caught

Dude! Sweet!
03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I've seen guys get DUIs on bikes too... totally BS. There should be some minimum speed capacity for giving you a DUI on a vehicle. Then again, I guess "public intoxication" is just a DUI for your feet... :D

Perlmudder
03-31-2009, 06:57 PM
I had a friend that got a carting while intoxicated ticket at sherkston shores.

03darkshadow
03-31-2009, 07:00 PM
I've seen guys get DUIs on bikes too... totally BS. There should be some minimum speed capacity for giving you a DUI on a vehicle. Then again, I guess "public intoxication" is just a DUI for your feet... :D

i've never spent the night somewhere i didnt want to because of this. :leaving:

phragle
03-31-2009, 07:12 PM

so what your saying is that you actually enjoy being thrown in a steel cage with mother rapers, father rapers, and all kinds of mean and nasty dudes

Dude! Sweet!
03-31-2009, 07:13 PM
so what your saying is that you actually enjoy being thrown in a steel cage with mother rapers, father rapers, and all kinds of mean and nasty dudes

I have been looking for the opportunity to use that quote for WEEEKS!!! Damn you Phrangle! DAAAMN YOU!

:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Ah well, you can have anything you want... :D

JJ Apache
03-31-2009, 07:19 PM

I saw the light bulb go off there...........:sifone:

fund razor
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm not an attorney, but I would work the angle that it is not a street legal vehicle.
Just a thought...

I am not an attorney either... but I think that you just added a charge on yourself. Now we have a DUI, and a not street legal.

Let's go in and say that you were on the barstool at a bar, and some people at the bar punked you, and you were lucky to be alive but you don't want to press charges or anything. Lesson learned. In fact, you are a hero for not hitting any schools or day cares while you struggled for control having found yourself going from zero to 35 without warning. :sifone:

JJ Apache
03-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Just a thought...

It's easier to find Leniency from A Judge, Than it is to get it from a posse of 12. Thats all I'm sayin.............:)

Buoy
03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
In this area of Ohio - A jury of your PEERS!!!
You stand a very good chance of walking on this charge.

Ratickle
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM

So Peers being a group of drunks with motorized bar stools?:26:

fund razor
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
It's easier to find Leniency from A Judge, Than it is to get it from a posse of 12. Thats all I'm sayin.............:)

She is making this stuff up. She has no idea. That's all I'm sayin.:icon_bs:

fund razor
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM

Or at least a group of people who would rather be riding the barstool and/or being drunk than be at jury duty. ;)

JJ Apache
03-31-2009, 07:48 PM
She is making this stuff up. She has no idea. That's all I'm sayin.:icon_bs:

yeaaaa booooyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee

sorry.........maybe this is mo betta............

Buoy
03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Or at least a group of people who would rather be riding the barstool and/or being drunk than be at jury duty. ;)

Sure, if you're going to act as your own attorney, can't you have choice also in Jury selection?
Piece of Pie, Easy as cake.

Ratickle
03-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Sure, if you're going to act as your own attorney, can't you have choice also in Jury selection?
Piece of Pie, Easy as cake.

I'd just get Frankies attorney up there to take care of it. That big green head, home free.......:sifone:

Buoy

I just haven't broke down and cut the check for the motorized barstool yet.
Saw a few at a go-cart shop in the "middle-of-nowhere" OH last year, but couldn't pull the trigger.

JJ Apache

I'm looking forward to jury duty.in April.........:sifone:

fund razor
03-31-2009, 07:54 PM
I pinched her. :D

She flipped me off!!!

Ratickle
03-31-2009, 07:54 PM

Hope you get the drunk bar stool case.....:rofl:

fund razor
03-31-2009, 07:55 PM
yeaaaa booooyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee

Nothing funnier than a 4'11" white girl typing yeaaaa booooooyyyyyyyyyeeeeee

Buoy
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM

I'll be out of OH/KY area in 4 days.
And I have no pending charges (that I'm aware of).
I'm safe on this one...

Buoy
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Nothing funnier than a 4'11" white girl typing yeaaaa booooooyyyyyyyyyeeeeee

Is she wearing a gold necklace with a large alarm clock on it?

fund razor
03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Is she wearing a gold necklace with a large alarm clock on it?

No. It would drag.

JJ Apache
03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Hope you get the drunk bar stool case.....:rofl:

Me Too! :smilielol5: :nopity:

JJ Apache
03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
No. It would drag.

You know it would hit me in the Knees everytime I took a step..........:blush5:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

03darkshadow
03-31-2009, 08:12 PM

internet sarcasm didnt work this time. :leaving:

Wrinkleface
03-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Ohio is a unique place. Not quite as unique as Michigan, but close.

Thanx Dude!!!:lurk5:

Wrinkleface
03-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Gas powered baby!!!

I have a gas powered blender but it does not have a wheelie bar!!!!:boxing_smiley:

phragle
03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
I have been looking for the opportunity to use that quote for WEEEKS!!! Damn you Phrangle! DAAAMN YOU!

:sifone:

based off a line from Alices resturant....

now..boys and girls..follow me thru a little guided imagery...

close your eyes and picture if you will, a nice sunny afternoon in key west, gentle tropical breezes effortlessly swaying palms... you walk off the beach, cool drink in your hand.. suddenly you hear sirens, looking around you see a police car chasing something..you can't make out what it is. as it gets closer you shake your head in disbelief.. the police are chasing Bobcat, speeding along at 30 miles an hour, on a motorized beer keg screaming "youll never catch me!! I won't be taken alive.......

Perlmudder
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM

so your saying you've pulled the warewolf a couple times and had to gnaw off your arm?:sifone:

Scarab KV
03-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I am killing myself on a non animated bar stool , might take me another thirty years though:sifone:

Got four casters? I'll push:biggrinjester:

Bobcat
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
I havdupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe:

Bobcat
03-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Got four casters? I'll push:biggrinjester:

Okay:sifone:

ItsPeanut
03-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I met a guy who lived down the street from me who got a dui cutting his grass on a riding mower. I also know someone who got one on a pedal bike.

fund razor
04-01-2009, 06:47 AM
based off a line from Alices resturant....

now..boys and girls..follow me thru a little guided imagery...

close your eyes and picture if you will, a nice sunny afternoon in key west, gentle tropical breezes effortlessly swaying palms... you walk off the beach, cool drink in your hand.. suddenly you hear sirens, looking around you see a police car chasing something..you can't make out what it is. as it gets closer you shake your head in disbelief.. the police are chasing Bobcat, speeding along at 30 miles an hour, on a motorized beer keg screaming "youll never catch me!! I won't be taken alive.......

What about a couch with two wheels up front and the business end of a motorcycle out back. Steering linkage could go under the couch and the front wheels could be outboard. :)

(I spend one half of my time in Michigan and half in Ohio.)

Ratickle
04-01-2009, 06:54 AM
This thing was on the national news this morning.:sifone:

fund razor
04-01-2009, 07:02 AM
The Motorcouch would have a lower CG and a higher top speed. Like 90.
I am think that the front wheels should be sprung and have shocks. Maybe we can get some wheels from a rail dragster.

Tony
04-01-2009, 07:45 AM

It did happen in Newark. I wouldnt be supprised if he walks.