velocity tom
03-28-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/38_nortech_v_bot-o28362-en.htm

Magic Medicine
03-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Yep but the link is broken

Bobcat
03-28-2009, 01:27 PM
is it the blue cat that was the hooters boat ?

Magic Medicine
03-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Nice 38 V, not a fan of graphics 85K

Griff
03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
If he wants it to sell, he better remove that FUGLY wrap and take some decent pics. No engine pics, no cabin pics????? I also have to wonder about his underwater lighting install on the transom????

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/38_nortech_v_bot-o28362-en.html

Offshoredrillin
03-28-2009, 02:08 PM
that boat is beautiful under the wrap, sides are dark blue with white deck. it would look so much better without it. I looked at this boat before I bought the Tiger.

Jassman
03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
that boat is beautiful under the wrap, sides are dark blue with white deck. it would look so much better without it. I looked at this boat before I bought the Tiger.

I agree..if its the same boat that was pictured in that marina or warehouse..Looked elegant, straight forward....but that wrap needs to go.

PARADOX
03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
There were some roomers about this boat, something about issues after a race. Structural repairs etc. I don't want to start anythng, (I don't know the details) but who ever is interested, check the history carfully. Just a heads up.
However, Nortech service is great, so I'm sure they will "help"..

JupiterSunsation
03-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I believe this boat used to be called "stress relief" and was beautiful with the classy dark blue solid hull. I believe the 500's were trimmed in red rather than blue. It was 115K for awhile before it sold. The wrap kills the boat.............

Cash Bar
03-29-2009, 12:24 AM
There were some roomers about this boat, something about issues after a race. Structural repairs etc. I don't want to start anythng, (I don't know the details) but who ever is interested, check the history carfully. Just a heads up.

Wrong boat. I do believe this was the STRESS RELIEF 38V.

Offshoredrillin
03-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Wrong boat. I do believe this was the STRESS RELIEF 38V.
yep, it was beautiful. used to have a white interior as well. it was set up for doing night dives and such over in the Bahamas. the original owner owned a company that the underwater lighting.

Perlmudder
03-29-2009, 12:10 PM
so under the wrap is the paint fine? could you just remove the wrap, buff and wax and be good to go?

JupiterSunsation
03-29-2009, 03:24 PM
this was the boat before the wrap attack...... http://www.custommarinesales.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=67

txriverrat2001
03-29-2009, 06:32 PM
.......I also have to wonder about his underwater lighting install on the transom????

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/38_nortech_v_bot-o28362-en.html

We've got the same lights on the cat - no issues. Just high dollar bulbs....

RollWithIt
03-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow.. someone should smack the person who put that wrap on that boat....

Steve Miklos
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM

Not this one. Was mine, nice boat . If the paint is good under the wrap it is very tasteful/simple. The underwater lights were well done engines and rigging were very nice. Boat was never raced, was actually ordered very overbuilt by 1st owner.

Steve

ryan9154
03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
So what's the skinney is the boat raced or not.Alot of misconception going on.

Offshoredrillin
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
cash bar said no, I said no, jupiter sunsation said no, miklos said no, his was the race boat... showed pics of the boat without wrap....whats the misconception?

Steve Miklos
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM

I raced allot of boats but Not that one.
Steve

Ryan8886
03-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow! If "Skeletor" from "He-Man" had a boat, I bet it would look just like that! :ack2:

Tom A.
03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
If that is Stress Relief, did he also change the dash with the new interior because they look different. looks more like a race boat with the dual helm.

JupiterSunsation
03-30-2009, 11:34 PM
If that is Stress Relief, did he also change the dash with the new interior because they look different. looks more like a race boat with the dual helm.

Looks to be updated but the gap between both sets of pics is several years and maybe a couple of owners along the way. The blue transom with underwater lights indicates that the wrap boat and the stress relief boat are one in the same.

Who is to say the 2nd helm is functional, maybe the knucklehead that thought that wrap improved the boat thought a faux 2nd helm would look cool too! :ack2:

Skullkrusher
03-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Worse yet, the cup holders are gone. I know to some those are essential equipment.

Steve Miklos
03-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Looks to be updated but the gap between both sets of pics is several years and maybe a couple of owners along the way. The blue transom with underwater lights indicates that the wrap boat and the stress relief boat are one in the same.

Who is to say the 2nd helm is functional, maybe the knucklehead that thought that wrap improved the boat thought a faux 2nd helm would look cool too! :ack2:

The boat interior updates were done at Nortech in 2007 , the helm is fully functional there is a gate valve under the dash. This time last year the boat was all but a 10. While I do not like the wrap I do know the boat lives close to the factory and was getting serviced there. The owner Bill usually keeps his stuff in good condition.

If you can get the wrap off there is a great looking boat under there, the rigging is quite exceptional in the bilge.
Steve