PDA

View Full Version : Fight at a car dealership (caught on tape) when it anounced it was closing

boatme
03-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Employees got one or two days notice they were out of work

This is a couple of towns over from us

http://www.wwmt.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1111405973&bclid=1137706675&bctid=17851781001

Not good The emotions are running high in this state with the auto bussiness on its tail

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Employees got one or two days notice they were out of work

This is a couple of towns over from us

http://www.wwmt.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1111405973&bclid=1137706675&bctid=17851781001

Not good The emotions are running high in this state with the auto bussiness on its tail

Lived on Gun Lake for years, know that dealership well.

mosi
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure a group of employees won $250,000 in the lottery a few years ago at that dealership. Friendships change!!!

DollaBill
03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
idiots.

boatme
03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Which guy is going to sue first

Any bets that one or two lawsuits will come out of the altercation?

Tommy Gun
03-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Sad...it's tough to see good people loose their jobs; it's also tough to have to be the one to tell them.

pullmytrigger
03-28-2009, 12:22 PM
sucks.......I feel for them

03-28-2009, 01:54 PM
We can thank the media and their nonstop doom and gloom for a whole lot of this.:boxing_smiley:

I was kinda hoping that smiling jack ass reporter got popped too.:mad:

Mopower
03-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Sucks big time.

cuda
03-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I imagine the dealer made his living from the dealership too. Although it must suck to lose your job like that, it's simply impossible to run a business without making money, unless you're printing it up like our government.

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 03:49 PM
We can thank the media and their nonstop doom and gloom for a whole lot of this.:boxing_smiley:

Pow, woulda kinda been funny.....:sifone:

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 03:51 PM
I imagine the dealer made his living from the dealership too. Although it must suck to lose your job like that, it's simply impossible to run a business without making money, unless you're printing it up like our government.

It was a thriving dealership. The current owner bought it in 1997 I believe. The year before I moved from that area.

99fever27
03-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice pink hat :leaving:

cuda
03-28-2009, 05:28 PM
It was a thriving dealership. The current owner bought it in 1997 I believe. The year before I moved from that area.

Did he close it because he was making too much money?

Blue Oval
03-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Thats very said for all involved.

BillR
03-29-2009, 09:38 AM
That's a shame! Hopefully the economy will turn around soon.

Buoy
03-29-2009, 10:40 AM

Spot on.

Magic Medicine
03-29-2009, 10:47 AM

Yep, a good smack down will get some people attention.

MikeyFIN
03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I feel so sorry for Michigan and Detroit area for taking the hit.
Flint Michigan for example is in terrible shape and that was at least the Buicks home back in the day. Gotta go to the garage and pat my GranSport.

JupiterSunsation
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Sucks for all involved but they could have seen the doors closing for years. If you are a salesman, mechanic or car washer and you haven't been very busy for the last 24 months you could see this coming without the crystal ball.

In North Palm Beach, FL a Chevy store that was atleast 20 years old closed with no notice last year. Next door they built a brand new Mercedes store with a 2 story showroom (cars in the window on two levels) in additon to the 4 story garage. It has been open about 4 months now with every car discounted from sticker right on the windshield. I have been there twice for service and have never seen another customer there (either buying or servicing). The S63 AMG sedan I really liked the first time I went there is still in the showroom at $133,000......

The salesmen at Mercedes seem to have a rosy outlook but I think they are just happy to be able to talk to someone new when you walk in.

RollWithIt
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
It could be like in England.... Saw some news reports from there where employees are basically rioting against some of the banks. One group took their boss hostage and forced him to negotiate a new contract with them.

Scarab KV
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
That sux. The media needs to shut the h@ll up and quit scaren the h@ll out of everbody with their doom and gloom.

Playn
03-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Sad indeed. I feel for the displaced workers as well as the owner who had to throw in the towel.

Audiofn
03-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Not a good time to be selling new cars at all. Couple friends that sell used cars are doing very well. The emotions that run through peoples heads with they get laid off like that is all over the place. They should have known it was coming but some people refuse to accept it and then when this happens.....

rschap1
03-30-2009, 09:04 AM
YEP SAD. When Bosch F'd 2,000+ employees they brought in the "Transition Team". Help the employees cope with the loss of their jobs. We were told 24 murders or suicides would occur due to our plant closing, number of employees, and average seniority. I was amazed none of our managers got harmed physically. We were told that when something like that happens in Europe it's usually REAL ugly. They prepared for the worst. Beefed up security and kept pretty tight control the last year.

Slick02
03-30-2009, 09:35 AM

It's scary how many people actually believe that because someone owns their own business that they must have money,,they don't bother to realize that when things are slow, the boss is the one who doesn't get paid, and the business runs on the owners credit, its a nasty circle at best,,my credit is what keeps my doors open, but without income, I'll have no credit, then the hired help will be unemployed, but because I have a nice house, a boat a motorcycle and a couple of cars, I must be rich..In todays economy, I think I'd be better off working for someone else. The person/people that own that dealership can only throw money down a dry hole for so long before they have to decide it's time to cut losses and fold, and on a realistic level, owners come out on the short end, they lose alot more than the help will ever begin to understand.:(

Sea-Dated
03-30-2009, 02:26 PM
It's scary how many people actually believe that because someone owns their own business that they must have money,,they don't bother to realize that when things are slow, the boss is the one who doesn't get paid, and the business runs on the owners credit, its a nasty circle at best,,my credit is what keeps my doors open, but without income, I'll have no credit, then the hired help will be unemployed, but because I have a nice house, a boat a motorcycle and a couple of cars, I must be rich..In todays economy, I think I'd be better off working for someone else. The person/people that own that dealership can only throw money down a dry hole for so long before they have to decide it's time to cut losses and fold, and on a realistic level, owners come out on the short end, they lose alot more than the help will ever begin to understand.:(

Very well said. I know when my family owned a business that went south, the employees were all pissed off about losing their jobs and assumed my parents would be fine but they were not the ones having to file bankruptcy like my parents did because of a shady partner that took all the money and ran.

JupiterSunsation
03-30-2009, 04:42 PM

Great quote.........just last week I had to put $1062 of my money in the company account so payroll would be covered....My employees looked at me like I was b-sing them until I showed them my personal check on the deposit. Luckily for me that is only about the 4-5th time in 19 years I had to do so. Cash flow was slow but with a little door knocking this weekend I was far back in the the black...........

I know a guy that owned a Ford dealer in N. FL that was losing 200K a month. After 2 years of that he called Ford and told them to take the franchise back he was outta there.........

LaughingCat
03-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I watched the video and couldn't focus my thoughts until now. It's unfortunate the business had to close. But punk-ass workers who feel the only way to 'adequately' express their feelings is to get physical go from unfortunate victims to deserving fools. I understand everyone's frustration and admit we are fortunate right now to not be in that situation. But if you cannot excuse your actions as a symptom of the moment. I would feel no pity if the owner pressed charges for the worker's aggressive behavior. In fact, the unemployment office should reject his claim.

Everyone is going through hardship. Most people don't know how difficult it was for the owner to tell his staff the business was closing. i usually lose sleep before firing someone, even when they really deserve it. But then again, we are all human and react differently. You wouldn't see this by a bunch of nurses from a doctors office. Somehow, it happening at anAmerican car dealership doesn't surprise me.