PDA

View Full Version : I'm Losing Faith in my Fellow Man

Edward R. Cozzi
03-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Is anybody else noticing incompetence and careless behavior in people lately?

After my dentist was finished the assistant was supposed to turn-off the NOS and fully turn on the oxygen to my mask to bring me back to (my version) of normal. Instead, she turns the oxygen OFF and zaps the NOS to full. Suddenly my heart was beating out of my chest and my whole body was covered in sweat. Luckily she asked me something and when I didn't respond she looked at me and noticed my eyes were in outer space. She quickly realized her mistake before I was permanently damaged or killed, but WTF? "Poor, old Mr. Cozzi died of a heart attack during a dental appointment." We'll miss him dearly.

A woman who has been cutting my hair for 15 years accidentally stabbed me in the forehead just over my eyebrow drawing blood! Sure, she felt terrible, but another inch lower and it would have been MY eyeball liquid running down my cheek rather than blood running down into my eyebrow. WTF?

Bobcat
03-28-2009, 08:34 AM
we would miss you ed, but not "dearly".:sifone:

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 08:34 AM

After my dentist was finished the assistant was supposed to turn-off the NOS and fully turn on the oxygen to my mask to bring me back to (my version) of normal. Instead, she turns the oxygen OFF and zaps the NOS to full. Suddenly my heart was beating out of my chest and my whole body was covered in sweat. Luckily she asked me something and when I didn't respond she looked at me and noticed my eyes were in outer space. She quickly realized her mistake before I was permanently damaged or killed, but WTF? "Poor, old Mr. Cozzi died of a heart attack during a dental appointment." We'll miss him dearly.

A woman who has been cutting my hair for 15 years accidentally stabbed me in the forehead just over my eyebrow drawing blood! Sure, she felt terrible, but another inch lower and it would have been MY eyeball liquid running down my cheek rather than blood running down into my eyebrow. WTF?

I'd go to my Dr. and get a survey if I were you. :sifone:

Glad you're okay Ed. Check with Wrink and see what the protocol is, I'm curious.

inbetween
03-28-2009, 08:57 AM

Plenty of it anywhere you go. :(

It's sad how many people can't even make change anymore. Don't even think about giving $ 15.25 for a total bill of $12.18. Unless you give that extra .25 AFTER the $15 has been entered in the cash register:03:

phragle
03-28-2009, 08:58 AM
I think a lot of it stems from the fact that the economy has forced cutbacks everywhere, employees across the bored are being overworked due to costcutting,being asked to work harder for no additional and sometimes less compensation with no relief in site, all the while thier bills pile up adding more stress. overworked and underpaid will cause customer service issues and mistakes. Now is not the time to be a hosital pt. either.

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I think a lot of it stems from the fact that the economy has forced cutbacks everywhere, employees across the bored are being overworked due to costcutting,being asked to work harder for no additional and sometimes less compensation with no relief in site, all the while thier bills pile up adding more stress. overworked and underpaid will cause customer service issues and mistakes. Now is not the time to be a hosital pt. either.

Both my sisters are RN's and my Brother-in -Law is a surgeon. I know what you mean.

fund razor
03-28-2009, 09:17 AM
That sucks Ed. Especially the medical gas. That was bad.

The cut by a stylist is bad too.... but let's take a look:
You have been going to her for 15 years. Assuming that you go to her once a month, that you spend 30 minutes in the chair... you have spent 90 hours in her chair.
Now, a stylist cuts her/himself every 6 hours. Little nick here. Little nick there.
She cut herself 15 times before she got you, Ed. I'll bet that she likes you a lot and feels terrible, and would rather have cut herself than you. Don't change stylists. The next one may not go 15 years.

That medical gas thing though.... ouch.

JJ Apache
03-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I would watch those dental people, says the hairdresser..................;)

phragle
03-28-2009, 09:39 AM
to put my dissertation in terms you people can understand... good cheese comes from happy cows, unfortunatly..the cows are NOT happy.

mosi
03-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm still getting free milk from various sources that are happy!!!!

phragle
03-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm still getting free milk from various sources that are happy!!!!

When your paying the hooker $1500 an hour and having her hang around untill breakfast...of course she is going to be happy...... of course the sandwhhich baggie full of coke doesn't hurt either...

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 09:51 AM
When your paying the hooker $1500 an hour and having her hang around untill breakfast...of course she is going to be happy......

Watch out for the scissors cuts from them though...:ack2:

JJ Apache
03-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Watch out for the scissors cuts from them though...:ack2:

Damn dude, what kinda h*s are you with?? :eek:

Edward R. Cozzi
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I can live with minor screw-ups, but it's the permanently damaging or fatal stuff that scares me.

mosi
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
When your paying the hooker $1500 an hour and having her hang around untill breakfast...of course she is going to be happy...... of course the sandwhhich baggie full of coke doesn't hurt either...

That was the sperm donation that Madonna asked me to save for her!!

MattBMiller
03-28-2009, 10:34 AM

:rofl:

phragle
03-28-2009, 10:43 AM

I'm pretty sure you can get some sort of VD just thinking about having sex with Madonna... much less letting her wade in your wad.

old377guy
03-28-2009, 11:36 AM
the missus doesn't have a hit out on you does she?

Scarab KV
03-28-2009, 11:38 AM

Goes way back further then that:(

03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
That equipment may be severely out of compliance. As the O2 gets turned down, the Nitrous automatically gets turned off simultaneously.

If you did indeed get straight N2O2, That regulator must be over 20 years old. My 12 year old units have a siren that goes off if straight N2O2 is passed to the patient.

PS it is very possible to get to stratospheric levels of intoxication on N2O2 without getting to fatal levels.

PSS Your symptoms sound very much like the reaction to epinephrine which is in most local anesthetics and many hemostatic agents applied to the soft tissue around your teeth to create a clean, dry field.

MacGyver
03-29-2009, 12:44 PM

It's sad how many people can't even make change anymore. Don't even think about giving $ 15.25 for a total bill of $12.18. Unless you give that extra .25 AFTER the $15 has been entered in the cash register:03:

For a bill like $6.95, I'll give them $12.00 or $22.00 so I don't get a bunch of ones back. OHHHHHH boy, the look of confusion on their face.

Priceless.

stecz20
03-29-2009, 06:43 PM
That equipment may be severely out of compliance. As the O2 gets turned down, the Nitrous automatically gets turned off simultaneously.

If you did indeed get straight N2O2, That regulator must be over 20 years old. My 12 year old units have a siren that goes off if straight N2O2 is passed to the patient.

PS it is very possible to get to stratospheric levels of intoxication on N2O2 without getting to fatal levels.

PSS Your symptoms sound very much like the reaction to epinephrine which is in most local anesthetics and many hemostatic agents applied to the soft tissue around your teeth to create a clean, dry field.

you're very impressive when you talk like a doctor.....:03::03:

03darkshadow
03-29-2009, 06:47 PM
its not only ignorance its lack of parenting and horrible laws.

why cant we change laws to make teenagers held accountable for their actions. im not saying allow them to get married or anything for sexual reasons, just if they vandalize something make them responsible for it. i mean, when you're 13 you know what you're doing, its not like you're 3.

catmando
03-29-2009, 07:38 PM

It's sad how many people can't even make change anymore. Don't even think about giving $ 15.25 for a total bill of $12.18. Unless you give that extra .25 AFTER the $15 has been entered in the cash register:03:...and these people today can't make change from the price up to what you gave them. That's the way I was taught to make change, not looking at a dam screen to see the exact amount. :rolleyes:

phragle
03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
untill the great bubble burst, my theroy on declining service, the decline of fast in fast food etc... a long time ago when I was a kid, you went out and got a job at mcdougals etc and made some money, but as the new generations came up with the 'entitlement' atitude..and momy and dady providing everything, a meanile job was 'below' them (the way service treats there employees didn't help) the quality of employees willing to work service industry declined greatly, thus service declined. right before the whole meltdown I remember seeing 20/20 or some show like that talking about how companys can 'accomadate' the new workforce, with their different work habbits, tattoo's peircings and work ethic.... WTF if Im paying you, your going to come to work dressed how I tell you, and do the job I tell you the way I tell you to do it...

Bobcat
03-29-2009, 10:58 PM
...and these people today can't make change from the price up to what you gave them. That's the way I was taught to make change, not looking at a dam screen to see the exact amount. :rolleyes:

we call those screens "teleprompters" :sifone:

03-29-2009, 11:46 PM
you're very impressive when you talk like a doctor.....:03::03:

You are just trying to sway me towards your personal persuasion.:sifone:

Don't worry, I don't have girlie hands like most of my yuppie colleagues. I grew up knowing what the handle of a shovel and pickaxe feel like. Lots of scars from barking knuckles shoving big Fords where they were never intended to go too.;)

Just setting the record straight.:)

MarylandMark
04-01-2009, 08:15 AM

Sweet!!

My faith in fellow man has been lost for me for a long time. Generation Bailout has been around long before this dope with all his hope made it a slogan. Personal responsibility and accountability evaporated back around when spilling hot coffee got you millions in a law suit vs stained pants.

phragle
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Stained pants and roasted nuts....