PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Great Deal on a 30+, 2001 or Newer, Under $60K

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I have been boat shopping for a while now, and despite all the "great deals" that are allegedly out there, I haven't found too many yet, and when I have, they have disappeared out from under me.

So....does anyone know of any great deals as I described above? I'm sure there are boats I'd be interested that are being marketed for much more, but would except less. I don't really want to call them all and lowball, so if anyone knows of anything I'd like to see them.

Basically, I want over 30 ft, runs over 70, and needs to be 2001 or newer. I have financing lined up, and am a "real buyer", but the CU I have will only do 01 or newer. The farther under 60K the better of course. I know there are repo deals out there, and am trying for some of those as well, but I know there are private party deals to be had as well.

I'm pretty picky as to what I like, but it's worth a shot to see what's out there.

So does anyone know of anything?:sifone:

Thanks

XPRESS 33PP
03-26-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2001_powerplay_33-o27411-en.html

I'd see if you can work a deal on this one!!

I think its worth the price their asking but you never know.

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2001_powerplay_33-o27411-en.html

I'd see if you can work a deal on this one!!

That's one that I had seen and been thinking about. I searched around forever for some better pics of a 33 Powerplay to get a better feel for them, as it's not anything I'm too familiar with.

I'm assuming that is what you have, so you have any pics to give an idea of the freeboard, space in the cockpit, etc? I believe I've read Powerplays to be a good boat, and great in the rough.

Thanks

cosmic12
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
I have been boat shopping for a while now, and despite all the "great deals" that are allegedly out there, I haven't found too many yet, and when I have, they have disappeared out from under me.

So....does anyone know of any great deals as I described above? I'm sure there are boats I'd be interested that are being marketed for much more, but would except less. I don't really want to call them all and lowball, so if anyone knows of anything I'd like to see them.

Basically, I want over 30 ft, runs over 70, and needs to be 2001 or newer. I have financing lined up, and am a "real buyer", but the CU I have will only do 01 or newer. The farther under 60K the better of course. I know there are repo deals out there, and am trying for some of those as well, but I know there are private party deals to be had as well.

I'm pretty picky as to what I like, but it's worth a shot to see what's out there.

So does anyone know of anything?:sifone:

Thanks

Good Luck on that search, I have yet to see anything even close to what you are looking for. The economy may be down but 30 ft 01 for 60k or under will not happen from what I have seen in any kind of turn key anyway. That PP above would be a wave crusher and a good buy at 70-75 but is there a trailer? more$$$$. Good Luck man, I will be watching this thread with great interest.

JupiterSunsation
03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
That's one that I had seen and been thinking about. I searched around forever for some better pics of a 33 Powerplay to get a better feel for them, as it's not anything I'm too familiar with.

I'm assuming that is what you have, so you have any pics to give an idea of the freeboard, space in the cockpit, etc? I believe I've read Powerplays to be a good boat, and great in the rough.

Thanks

Dan built great boats when he was in business. My buddy had a 33 and 38. The freeboard can be low on the older ones but it got higher after 1995 I believe. That is a nice boat....

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Good Luck on that search, I have yet to see anything even close to what you are looking for. The economy may be down but 30 ft 01 for 60k or under will not happen from what I have seen in any kind of turn key anyway. That PP above would be a wave crusher and a good buy at 70-75 but is there a trailer? more$$$$. Good Luck man, I will be watching this thread with great interest.

They are definitely out there. The best so far that I missed out on (sorta sold out from under me) was a 2000 (1 year older) Mystique with 500's that sold for a hair over the range here. It makes me sad just thinking about it, as I want a Cig above anything else. Actually, if my budget was 20K higher I'd have an 01 T/S right now (it was rough, a repo, with tons of salt hours, but running)

If you start talking repo deals, than they're definitely out there. But here I'm looking for more like someone wanting to sell to get their own good deal on a bigger boat, etc, and might be willing to drop their price to move the boat. Appearantly financing is extremely tough to come by for a performance boat, and I have it and am ready to buy if I can find the deal.

Ratickle
03-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd meet with the CU and see if you can get them to budge. If this is as advertised, it's a good deal I think....

35' Cigarette Cafe Racer
Wright International Ltd always has a concern when it comes to buying or selling any performance vehicle, be it a car, bike or boat that you always have a little fear of has this been cared for? Has this been thrown about by a boy racer? You can be rest assured with this American legend. This 1995 Cigarette Cafe Racer has only had one owner since new and has spent easily more than the asking price in recent years just keeping the boat in pristine condition. The engines were completely rebuilt in 2003 and have since logged less than 50 hours on the clock. The boat has a custom paint job, extended bathing platform, bottom liner to protect the hull, upgraded stereo system, you name it this owner has done it and all professionally with the best of care. This is a true American legend that can be yours today for only $59,000. Do you honestly expect to find a better example than this? Get dialling now before you miss the boat of your dreams!! Why not contact us on 1-305-396-9101 or email Miami@Wright-International.com for more information or to arrange a viewing.. Located in .
Length: 35' Year: 1995 Location: Contact Number: 305-396-9101 Asking: $59,000 Details & Photos »

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd meet with the CU and see if you can get them to budge. If this is as advertised, it's a good deal I think....

»

I've tried that actually, and they offerd a 5 year loan at 9% on a 99.....so that doesn't really work as with those payments I could get a lot more boat, but newer with the normal terms. There are some great Cafe/Bullet deals I'd love, but wanna run the newer boat effort first.

I could of course keep trying some other CU's, but after dealing with 3 or 4 which allegedly would do older boats, it's because they shoot you down for any other reason and seem to have no interest in really doing a boat loan for any type. I'd prefer not keep running my credit score with other CU's.

Team Tsunami
03-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Ckeck out this 32 Sutphen!! Looks like a nice deal.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2005_32a_sutphen_with_trailer_68_500-o28217-en.html

XPRESS 33PP
03-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Thanks

Here you go

XPRESS 33PP
03-26-2009, 10:04 PM
The cockpit is smaller but very deep. Great rough water boat with a very high quality build. I hope these help.
The last picture was taken from a standing position.

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 10:12 PM
The cockpit is smaller but very deep. Great rough water boat with a very high quality build. I hope these help.
The last picture was taken from a standing position.

Thanks for the pics, they definitely help give a better feel for the size compared to the ad's pics.

In the 3rd pic, it appears you are tied up across from a 35 Executioner. How would you compare the size of the two, both total and in the cockpit. I'd guess the Powerplay to be quite a bit larger?

Oh, and awesome boat.:drool5:

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Ckeck out this 32 Sutphen!! Looks like a nice deal.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2005_32a_sutphen_with_trailer_68_500-o28217-en.html

Thanks for the link.

I don't think I'd want a 32 single with "big" custom power, and a bravo though.

XPRESS 33PP
03-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I have tide up with a buddys 35 ex many time and the 33 Powerplay (including the swim plateform) is longer and much deeper than the 35 Fountain. You can see the deference in size even more when they are on a trailer next to each other. Thats probably why he has me beat by a couple of mph.:(

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 10:49 PM
I have tide up with a buddys 35 ex many time and the 33 Powerplay (including the swim plateform) is longer and much deeper than the 35 Fountain. You can see the deference in size even more when they are on a trailer next to each other. Thats probably why he has me beat by a couple of mph.:(

You have 500's vs his HO's?

Thanks again, as there are a few Executioner repo's that could probably come close to meeting my deal here. Couldn't get a better comparison than you and your buddy, and the pic right next to each other. You confirmed basically what I figured too, that the fountain would be a little smaller/faster.

WMF
03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
They are definitely out there. The best so far that I missed out on (sorta sold out from under me) was a 2000 (1 year older) Mystique with 500's that sold for a hair over the range here. It makes me sad just thinking about it, as I want a Cig above anything else. Actually, if my budget was 20K higher I'd have an 01 T/S right now (it was rough, a repo, with tons of salt hours, but running)

If you start talking repo deals, than they're definitely out there. But here I'm looking for more like someone wanting to sell to get their own good deal on a bigger boat, etc, and might be willing to drop their price to move the boat. Appearantly financing is extremely tough to come by for a performance boat, and I have it and am ready to buy if I can find the deal.

Thier are other Cigarette Mystiques out thier, I know of one but will not let any info out about it till Sat. and trust me it is a winner, 03 TS with 500 EFI's!!!! Banks hate 500 EFI or any other Merc racing motor right now, they like 496 HO's

XPRESS 33PP
03-26-2009, 10:57 PM
496HO to 496HO 76 to 78-79

I think 81-82 with 500's 86-87 with 525's

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Thier are other Cigarette Mystiques out thier, I know of one but will not let any info out about it till Sat. and trust me it is a winner, 03 TS with 500 EFI's!!!! Banks hate 500 EFI or any other Merc racing motor right now, they like 496 HO's

I'd assume it's out of my range though?

My CU doesn't care about power at all. Just has to book for more than the loan.

Where are you finding all these, as I've poured over the internet looking? Searched any and everywhere. I only know of the TS in Canada with HO's and out of my range, and the Dallas one where I think it's not worth what he's asking (which is out of my range as well).

So does this mean Newcastle has come through, and you got a boat.:sifone:

RLJ676
03-26-2009, 11:00 PM
496HO to 496HO 76 to 78-79

I think 81-82 with 500's 86-87 with 525's

So with 500's, just a touch over 80 then I'd assume. That would work.

catmando
03-27-2009, 01:02 AM

35' Cigarette Cafe Racer
Wright International Ltd always has a concern when it comes to buying or selling any performance vehicle, be it a car, bike or boat that you always have a little fear of has this been cared for? Has this been thrown about by a boy racer? You can be rest assured with this American legend. This 1995 Cigarette Cafe Racer has only had one owner since new and has spent easily more than the asking price in recent years just keeping the boat in pristine condition. The engines were completely rebuilt in 2003 and have since logged less than 50 hours on the clock. The boat has a custom paint job, extended bathing platform, bottom liner to protect the hull, upgraded stereo system, you name it this owner has done it and all professionally with the best of care. This is a true American legend that can be yours today for only $59,000. Do you honestly expect to find a better example than this? Get dialling now before you miss the boat of your dreams!! Why not contact us on 1-305-396-9101 or email Miami@Wright-International.com for more information or to arrange a viewing.. Located in .
Length: 35' Year: 1995 Location: Contact Number: 305-396-9101 Asking: $59,000 Details & Photos »Older than you want but still a helluva deal!! :drool5:

SunTime
03-27-2009, 06:52 AM
This comes close to meeting your requirement for year. Definetly a pretty good deal for 57K.

http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3058

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 06:58 AM
This comes close to meeting your requirement for year. Definetly a pretty good deal for 57K.

That does appear to be a nice deal. Nice boats.

Magic Medicine
03-27-2009, 08:23 AM

There another 01 listed on the second page of the classifieds that would work too.

Good luck in your search.

WMF
03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
I'd assume it's out of my range though?

My CU doesn't care about power at all. Just has to book for more than the loan.

Where are you finding all these, as I've poured over the internet looking? Searched any and everywhere. I only know of the TS in Canada with HO's and out of my range, and the Dallas one where I think it's not worth what he's asking (which is out of my range as well).

So does this mean Newcastle has come through, and you got a boat.:sifone:

the Cigarette Mystique in Canada is not what it seems!!!! I have my sources for finding boat's:sifone:, I went thru Scott boat loans, will know today if I will get what I want!!!

Magic Medicine
03-27-2009, 09:23 AM
the Cigarette Mystique in Canada is not what it seems!!!! I have my sources for finding boat's:sifone:, I went thru Scott boat loans, will know today if I will get what I want!!!

Good luck! Sucks that you lost out on the last one. I would have been devastated!

ar15meister
03-27-2009, 11:04 AM

Bill whats going on with the one in Canada?

If you dont want to say PM me....

I have a buddy up here that was talking about that boat the other day.

WMF
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Bill whats going on with the one in Canada?

If you dont want to say PM me....

I have a buddy up here that was talking about that boat the other day.

Call me!!!

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Older than you want but still a helluva deal!! :drool5:

Not older than I want, but older than the CU wants. I might be able to find another that would do it, but I doubt it. Most have very strict guidelines on debt to income and length of employment that are killing me, or are just interested in saying no.

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 05:21 PM

I think it's the only Sunsation even close to reasonably priced right now. However, it's too old for my stupid CU, and I don't like the graphics (I'm not spending 60K on something I don't like the looks of, what can I say I'm shallow).

If you check NADA on sunnies, that isn't really a steal, just compared to the ask of the other boats (none of which are selling). People can argue on NADA all they want, but I'm finding these days they are fairly close, and the only boats moving are under it.

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Good luck! Sucks that you lost out on the last one. I would have been devastated!

I know I was after waiting a month for a chance to buy it and it got sold before I could even get him to answer the phone.

Magic Medicine
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I know I was after waiting a month for a chance to buy it and it got sold before I could even get him to answer the phone.

Is that the Sunny in Louisiana or the Cig?

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Is that the Sunny in Louisiana or the Cig?

The 2000 Mystique WMF wanted (and should have got, stupid banks). I had been contacted by the seller saying it was sold but I'd be lined up if it fell through. Well.....obviously I wasn't for whatever reason.:(

There was a Sunny repo in Fl (an 05) I was trying to get but got sold before my bid was looked at in "some other auction". The guy bought it and sold it on ebay for 59 (at least that was the buy it now) for a quick profit. Glad to see someone making money while I lose out on a boat I'd enjoy and can afford. I also just missed a repo Fountain deal, an 03 Executioner that went for 52....so the deals are out there, my luck isn't.

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 05:48 PM
The 2000 Mystique WMF wanted (and should have got, stupid banks). I had been contacted by the seller saying it was sold but I'd be lined up if it fell through. Well.....obviously I wasn't for whatever reason.:(

There was a Sunny repo in Fl (an 05) I was trying to get but got sold before my bid was looked at in "some other auction". The guy bought it and sold it on ebay for 59 (at least that was the buy it now) for a quick profit. Glad to see someone making money while I lose out on a boat I'd enjoy and can afford. I also just missed a repo Fountain deal, an 03 Executioner that went for 52....so the deals are out there, my luck isn't.

Don't give up...

cosmic12
03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
That 32 Sunsation looks to be nice.

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Don't give up...

I haven't yet.:sifone:

"Luckily" (damn North) the real season is still a bit out up here, so time's on my side somewhat. I've been pretty good about finding deals, just not fast enough. I'm sure something will come up.

.38Special
03-27-2009, 05:58 PM
RLJ676, try to contact or PM LoanRanger (Kyle) he is with Newcoast financial and has helped many many forum members here get boat financing. He helped me last year buy a 2000 38'. I live close to you and when all the local banks said no to boat loans, I tried him and had a deal closed in less than a week. And with a great rate. Give him a try.

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 06:03 PM
RLJ676, try to contact or PM LoanRanger (Kyle) he is with Newcoast financial and has helped many many forum members here get boat financing. He helped me last year buy a 2000 38'. I live close to you and when all the local banks said no to boat loans, I tried him and had a deal closed in less than a week. And with a great rate. Give him a try.

I spoke with him, and the down payment requirements are very high for performance boats right now, and his markets are much more limited than just last year. I don't want to put 40% down as I think they're looking for (and couldn't). I think he said nearly everyone he had dropped performance boats. Basically, the CU I have now has "decent" rates, reasonable down payments and will approve me. I've been hearing quite a bit of length of employment concerns, and my debt to income isn't super low.

.38Special
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
That's too bad and half the problem, especially here in Michigan. You want to spend money, but the bank won't let you! I know they have to cover theirselves and not make the same mistakes again, but somethings got to give. Keep looking and maybe we'll see you at St. Clair this summer!

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 06:14 PM
That's too bad and half the problem, especially here in Michigan. You want to spend money, but the bank won't let you! I know they have to cover theirselves and not make the same mistakes again, but somethings got to give. Keep looking and maybe we'll see you at St. Clair this summer!

I'm sure you will.:D

Yep, the banks definitely suck right now. I don't know why they think because I haven't had one job for 10 years I won't pay (appearantly 6 years of college/grad school is meaningless to them), and my debt to income needs to leave more on the backside (I think that means after all debts paid) than a bunch of my friends make period now and still live comfortably, go figure.

XPRESS 33PP
03-27-2009, 06:26 PM
:mad:Some of these banks have received billions to stimulate the economy but instead have pulled out of the marine lending business. Citi is one of them!

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 06:28 PM
:mad:Some of these banks have received billions to stimulate the economy but instead have pulled out of the marine lending business. Citi is one of them!

I'm tryin to stimilulate the economy here.....they're just making it harder.

BoA has quit boats too, or at least performance ones. It's BS.

If they were writing boat loans like houses though, with no verification or for more than they even made, I'm sure they're losing their ass on them. So now everyone pays the price.

Dreamer
03-27-2009, 06:29 PM
35 ex at national liq. in cleveland just saw it mint......

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 06:36 PM
35 ex at national liq. in cleveland just saw it mint......

Talked to them about it today actually, and it's beyond my range.

The guy I spoke to was actually kind of a dick, as if he was insulted by my asking if 60 was worth offering. They guy in Fl I've been talking to is much cooler. He says it'll take 90 to get it....which is retail on NADA I believe. I guess repoing doesn't hurt the value or make it a deal in Ohio like in Fl?

Anything else cool there not listed yet?

JupiterSunsation
03-27-2009, 08:22 PM

The guy I spoke to was actually kind of a dick, as if he was insulted by my asking if 60 was worth offering. They guy in Fl I've been talking to is much cooler. He says it'll take 90 to get it....which is retail on NADA I believe. I guess repoing doesn't hurt the value or make it a deal in Ohio like in Fl?

Ohio doesn't have boats triple stacked like Lauderdale, hence the better shot at getting a deal in FL.

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Ohio doesn't have boats triple stacked like Lauderdale, hence the better shot at getting a deal in FL.

But it's the bank's boat, so I wouldn't think location to matter as much as they seem to mostly be national banks. Either way, it was funny he was offended.

The selection in Lauderdale has been pretty good though, my timing and luck not as much. I'm sure something will come in for me though.

Otis311
03-27-2009, 09:03 PM

the hell with that 35x next to you. whos lovely Bennington pontoon is that tied up tothe Fountain. she sure is purdy

XPRESS 33PP
03-27-2009, 09:17 PM
the hell with that 35x next to you. whos lovely Bennington pontoon is that tied up tothe Fountain. she sure is purdy

I think it belongs to this character:26::26::26:

Dreamer
03-27-2009, 09:31 PM

let me guess ...... frank was his name?

and there is something sweet there... but im on it next week.... if tomorrows offer is not excepted

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
let me guess ...... frank was his name?

and there is something sweet there... but im on it next week.... if tomorrows offer is not excepted

I didn't catch his name, just couldn't believe his attitude.

Well, I hope it's out of my price range at least then, so I don't see another deal I missed, haha.:)

The thing I hate about their stupid bid system is the waiting, especially seeing as there's all these "loopholes" where things sell outside that Monday bid system it seems.

Dreamer
03-27-2009, 10:23 PM
u gotta walk in with ur check book in hand they will call the bank right then if it has gone thru on bid cycle

Magic Medicine
03-28-2009, 12:27 PM

The money went up some bankers nose! I am sick when I think about everyone that is trying to get things going that are getting shot down because of these issues. Damn same, I am glad I got a new boat last summer

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 12:40 PM
But it's the bank's boat, so I wouldn't think location to matter as much as they seem to mostly be national banks. Either way, it was funny he was offended.

The selection in Lauderdale has been pretty good though, my timing and luck not as much. I'm sure something will come in for me though.

Frank's good at what he does. He may sound offended, but that's his job.

Tell him to present the offer.

RLJ676
03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Frank's good at what he does. He may sound offended, but that's his job.

Tell him to present the offer.

He claimed he already had a higher one. Otherwise I would have submitted it.

On that boat it's definitely worth more, and that was a "lowball", but it's what I can afford and I know they've let go of other boats for as much or more under their ask. I would expect that kind of reaction from a dealer who makes their living selling boats, but banks get paid interest (and these days a lot of it) for boat loans to cover the risks of selling it at a loss.

It's no big deal obviously, but he claimed the boats all go for within 5% of their asking price on there, which is usually about retail. I don't appreciate him lying to me, as I don't believe that for a second, and know for a fact how much less many of the boats have gone (ones in Fl anyways).

That said, if another boat comes along there I'll call back and try it all again.:sifone:

nattioffshore
03-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Franks a straight shooter, I've bought 3 boats from him. He can come across with an attitude but his philosopy is "make an offer". There's a 1999, 312 fastech sitting in the yard that got pulled from the line up. Word is it can be had for 35K. I saw it last sunday and it was in nice shape. Someone needs to go get it cause if I do I'll end up divorced!!! Mama want's a sundancer. :puke:

RLJ676
03-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Franks a straight shooter, I've bought 3 boats from him. He can come across with an attitude but his philosopy is "make an offer". There's a 1999, 312 fastech sitting in the yard that got pulled from the line up. Word is it can be had for 35K. I saw it last sunday and it was in nice shape. Someone needs to go get it cause if I do I'll end up divorced!!! Mama want's a sundancer. :puke:

I'm not sure if it was Frank I spoke to, but he said "I'd be wasting my time" so I think there must have really been a better bid already. Oh well.

At that kind of deal, just buy two boats.:26:

I need to see if this CU will consider treating a 2 year older (than 2001) boat the same as far as terms if it is way under book value or something. This is too limiting.