PDA

View Full Version : Burger King robbery goes real bad.......

JupiterSunsation
03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Would be robber shot to death at Miami Burger King
Good Samaritan wounded in shootout
SunSentinel.com
6:30 PM EDT, March 24, 2009
MIAMI - Police said a Good Samaritan was wounded when he exchanged gunfire with an armed man who was trying to rob a Miami Burger King on Tuesday afternoon, WPLG Channel 10 and other Miami news outlets are reporting.

According to police, a gunman wearing a ski mask entered the Burger King at Northeast 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard at about 4 p.m. and tried to rob it. But a Good Samaritan with a concealed weapons permit confronted the robber. They exchanged gunfire, and the robber was killed, police said.

The customer who opened fire was shot several times and taken by helicopter to Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical but stable condition.

03darkshadow
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
awesome. i hope he doesnt get charged even though he will.

Buoy
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Was Fred involved in this somehow?
Inside information of how to steal money??
It must have been a TRICK that didn't go well...

JupiterSunsation
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
FL has a very strong castle/ stand your ground law...... Good samaritan will not be charged but he still has bullet holes in him.

FL is general is getting to be ridiculous in the crime category. Palm Beach county (home to Donald Trump, Rush and others) had 127 murders last year. ONE COUNTY! In contrast the whole state of New Hampshire had 20 with several of those being domestic related. Within 10 miles of Donald Trump's 200 million dollar Mar-A-Lago is one of the worst drug/gang areas in the county. Vast differences in wealth distribution.

I have lived in S. FL for 30+ years from Ft Lauderdale to Boca Raton and now Jupiter but feel the crime has reached new levels to the point I seriously consider the value in living here. I graduated from Univ. of Miami, spent plenty of time on S. Beach/ Coconut Grove but never felt they were dangerous areas. Two weeks ago an off duty Palm Beach County deputy was walking on the beach with his girlfriend when a thug brought a knife to the gun fight. Bad guy down...... last week an illegal broke into a deputy's house (POLICE CAR IN DRIVEWAY, 8am weekday) and found the wrong end of the barrel.... another bad guy down.

It is getting to be ridiculous and it eventually rears its ugliness in nicer areas.........

Sea-Dated
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
More reason for a conceal carry permit and carry every where you go.

cuda
03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
More reason for a conceal carry permit and carry every where you go.

Only if you're willing to use it.

Sea-Dated
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Only if you're willing to use it.

Absolutely, don't carry if you are not willing to use it. It will just end up getting used on you.