PDA

View Full Version : Your Screen Name, Avatar, Sig Line Story

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 05:07 PM
There's many I've wondered about. When BobTheBuilder asked about mine in Key West, and pronounced it wrong:), I wanted to start this thread, so here goes.

My Avatar is Rat Fink driving our Black Thunder with Tickle Me Elmo screaming alongside. I've always been a "Big Daddy" Roth fan and collect some of his work. I used to do cartoon work way back.

The Sig Line took a long time to come up with. I actually found the saying on a Bar/Restuarant wall and the Serious Off Shore smilie I found on-line.

The Screen Name I took because the boat is radical for a Black Thunder with the 3A's, 750's, etc., has two "Rat" motors, and I had to come up with something to finish off the word Radical and be unique, so.....

Here's from "my" dictionary:sifone:

1rad•i•cal
Pronunciation:
\ˈra-di-kəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin radicalis, from Latin radic-, radix root
Date: 14th century
1: of or relating to the origin : FUNDAMENTAL
2 a: marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional : EXTREME b: tending or disposed to make extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions c: of, relating to, or constituting a group associated with views, practices, and policies of extreme change d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a state of affairs <the radical right>
3 slang : EXCELLENT , COOL

1rat•ick•le
Pronunciation:
\ˈra-ti-kəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Ratrod English,
from Early 1960’s ratickalis, from Beatnik Bandit ratic-, ratix root
from Mid 1990’s tickalis, from TMX Elmo tickle-, tixal root

Date: 21st century
1: of or relating to the origin, base, stock <the rat Big Block Chevy>: FUNDAMENTAL
2 a: marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional < tickle my privates> EXTREME b: tending or disposed to make changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or performance vehicles < Rat Fink > c: of, relating to, or constituting a group associated with views, practices, and policies of high performance change, assistance, and improvement < Serious Offshore > d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a state of affairs <the ratickle Ed “Big Daddy” Roth and “Elmo”-mania>
3 slang : EXCELLENT , COOL , VERY FAST

Let's hear your story......:sifone:

masher44
03-24-2009, 05:12 PM
shut up you mook

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 05:15 PM

MarylandMark
03-24-2009, 05:15 PM
MarylandMark.

Um.

Bobcat
03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Bobcat, because My name is Bob and I ran the Bobcat for ten years, beats the hell out of s h i t h e a d:sifone:

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I picked "Dude! Sweet!" based on my affection for the movies "Dude Where's My Car?!" and "The Big Lebowski". Just sort of popped into my head randomly. I had the King Tut charachter from the original Batman series as my Avitar for a long time. I can only attribute that to misfiring synapses. I thought it was funny, but can't explain why.

I got bored with it a while ago, but I thought people sort of recognized me by it, so I left it. I'm taking the opportunity to change it to something more appropriate with our fresh start over here on SO... The new one just sort of fit, as you know, there's nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

So ether is the problem, and beer is the solution?

Why the monkey on the dog???

Chris
03-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Got mine from mom. I'm not terribly creative.

The avatar changes regularly- whatever strikes my fancy. Lately it's been some of the creations over on bustedtees.com

Wrinkleface
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
The dogs face!!!! Duh!!!!!!! That would B George in real life!!!:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM
So ether is the problem, and beer is the solution?

Why the monkey on the dog???

Just saw it on my hard drive when I was looking for the other pics and if monkies are inherently funny, then a cowboy monkey riding a dog (both intent on their task, apparently) has to be worth a gratuitious toss-in whenever you get the chance.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that ether was a problem...:sifone:

fund razor
03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that ether was a problem...:sifone:

I choose to read that as "either." :)

We love monkeys around here. Keep em coming. :coolgleamA:

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
I choose to read that as "either." :)

We love monkeys around here. Keep em coming. :coolgleamA:

What's your story fund?

Wrinkleface
03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
What's your story fund?

Homer, his idol!!!!!!!:26:

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Homer, his idol!!!!!!!:26:

Matt Groenig was the one I drew cartoons with in high school.

phragle
03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
the pik is simple, rebellious, intoxicated, troublemaking yet intelligent jackass, who believes the world exists to be corrupted for personal enjoyment....

fund razor
03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
What's your story fund?

I was thinking about fund razor for a boat name. I am a development officer by trade (fundraiser) and I figured that as fast as I raise it... the boat razes it. But I never used it, and when I joined a forum about 5 or 6 years ago, I decided to use it, and the Homer that I have as an avatar today. I have had a lot of avatars.... but the Homer seems to be the one that people associate with me. So... when I joined here I decided to stay with fund razor. Most people over the years started calling me fund, which is fine with me.

People do tend to remember it. Whenever I get introduced at an event as "fund razor" people start laughing, say "no way!!" and then they stop, and then they look at me nervously and I smile... and they laugh again. I can't change it now. :D :D

I do still change the avatar tho.... I still crack up when I use the two cuban ladies. :D

Blue Oval
03-24-2009, 06:11 PM
I have been asked if Blue Oval is the pill for the old men,nope,just a family tradition!I was raised in a family dealership,still keeping the tradition going.

Perlmudder
03-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Perlmudder came from about grade 8 when I decided I was going to be a rapper. Seemed like a good career choice. My last name is Perlstein and alot of my friends call me Jperl so I took part of that, and thought about how rappers well, rap, and I came up with mutter. But that didn't sound right so i changed it to mudder. Then whamo! Perlmudder was born. The name sort of went under for a couple years until I told one of my sisters boyfriends about it, and he started calling me it. From then on, it just sort of stuck.

My display pic with the letters "HHH" stands for a website I'm trying to get started. It stands for Hebrew Hymen Hunters. It's sorta like the lifestyle me and some friends live, just hanging out with chicks, making bad decisions. A university version of milf hunter if you will. I've got a website, but it needs work, so that's my goal for the summer.

My signature line comes from the old joke that people always bust out. A friend sent me a picture one day with it on it, and it was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. Since I'm a joker, it just sort of fits.

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 06:23 PM
I have been asked if Blue Oval is the pill for the old men,nope,just a family tradition!I was raised in a family dealership,still keeping the tradition going.

The blue pill is the family tradition???:sifone::26::sifone:

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Perlmudder came from about grade 8 when I decided I was going to be a rapper. Seemed like a good career choice. My last name is Perlstein and alot of my friends call me Jperl so I took part of that, and thought about how rappers well, rap, and I came up with mutter. But that didn't sound right so i changed it to mudder. Then whamo! Perlmudder was born. The name sort of went under for a couple years until I told one of my sisters boyfriends about it, and he started calling me it. From then on, it just sort of stuck.

My display pic with the letters "HHH" stands for a website I'm trying to get started. It stands for Hebrew Hymen Hunters. It's sorta like the lifestyle me and some friends live, just hanging out with chicks, making bad decisions. A university version of milf hunter if you will. I've got a website, but it needs work, so that's my goal for the summer.

My signature line comes from the old joke that people always bust out. A friend sent me a picture one day with it on it, and it was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. Since I'm a joker, it just sort of fits.

Ahhhhh, detention......:sifone:

Buoy
03-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Buoy is just a shortened version of "buoyhunter" which I've used for about ten yrs. on other sites.
The name comes from a late night run when I was young and less wise and inadvertently sideswiped an unlit big 'ole steel nun-buoy. Did some glass damage that wasn't serious, but it still kept me off the water for a good portion of the summer. I named the boat Buoyhunter after that as a joke making fun of myself (boat was previously un-named). I've learned alot since then.

The Av, Jullian from the Canadian TV show Trailer Park Boys. I'm a huge fan, the show is hilarious. If you're familiar with the show, Jullian has a drink in his hand at all times. I posted a vid over the weekend where the main characters are trying to make a getaway towing an airstream full of dope with an S-10, and roll the rig. Jullian get's out of the truck (on it's roof), and still has the drink in his hand. I can identify with that, because if you ever see me out, and I don't have a drink in my hand - put one there:sifone:
I think when Dude!Sweet! and I finally meet up, he's going to be disappointed that I don't look like Jullian.

old377guy
03-24-2009, 06:27 PM
both me and the boat(Scarab 377) are old; kinda poetic. sig line? used to be a brawlin' bull in a china shop, now I take it easy and enjoy it more:)

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Bouy,

My buddy's trying to get me to head out to Parker this weekend... You in AZ?

All I can think of when you typed "...look like Julian" is the scene from the Big Dirty movie where the prison guard has a thing for Julian ("and his blue eyes, shining like the sea..."). Ha ha ha. You're gay! :D

fund razor
03-24-2009, 06:31 PM

Beats the name "Kosher Ice." ;)

Not sure about the whole HHH thing. You won't meet a nice girl that way. Like your cousin David, the doctor. Sure, you will meet plenty of shiksas... but no nice girls. Oy. The trouble that you cause.... but not David, the DOCTOR. Out there among the goyum.... hymen hunting. You need to go to Temple Joshua. Like David. :D

Buoy
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM

Your name was one I always wondered about...

The detention notice, Ha...

If my scanner was working, I could post the ticket I got after getting arrested at PIB. Something about "behavior causing shock or disruption in a public place". I kind of got "detention" for that stunt for a few hours.

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
If my scanner was working, I could post the ticket I got after getting arrested at PIB. Something about "behavior causing shock or disruption in a public place". I kind of got "detention" for that stunt for a few hours.

Get it going, we want to see...

fund razor
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
I think when Dude!Sweet! and I finally meet up, he's going to be disappointed that I don't look like Jullian.

You sure the f don't. :D

You don't look like anybody. And that's coming from me.... the bastard son of Penn Gillette and Howard Stern. :D

Buoy
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Bouy,

My buddy's trying to get me to head out to Parker this weekend... You in AZ?

All I can think of when you typed "...look like Julian" is the scene from the Big Dirty movie where the prison guard has a thing for Julian ("and his blue eyes, shining like the sea..."). Ha ha ha. You're gay! :D

I do have blue eyes...

You won't meet a nice girl that way. Like your cousin David, the doctor. Sure, you will meet plenty of shiksas... but no nice girls. Oy. The trouble that you cause.... but not David, the DOCTOR. Out there among the goyum.... hymen hunting. You need to go to Temple Joshua. Like David. :D

Halfway through reading that I found myself reading it with an accent:sifone:

fund razor
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Halfway through reading that I found myself reading it with an accent:sifone:

Yes, it was written by my inner 65 year old Jewish mother. :)

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Beats the name "Kosher Ice." ;)

Not sure about the whole HHH thing. You won't meet a nice girl that way. Like your cousin David, the doctor. Sure, you will meet plenty of shiksas... but no nice girls. Oy. The trouble that you cause.... but not David, the DOCTOR. Out there among the goyum.... hymen hunting. You need to go to temple Joshua. Like David. :D

"I must warn you, I'm Roger Moore" - Seymor Goldfarb Jr. Cannonball Run

Buoy
03-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Get it going, we want to see...

I think it's already boxed and ready to go to Phoenix. I actually have it framed.
But I'll put it on my long list of things to do after I get out there.

You don't look like anybody. And that's coming from me.... the bastard son of Penn Gillette and Howard Stern. :D

Yeah, that's a pretty good self description for you.

JJ Apache
03-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, I was going to be Waterbb, because that is 1 of my E-mail addresses. But that didn't look right and waterbaby was too sexy. So, JJ and Apache seemed right to Fund, and thats what he named me.

As for my avatars, they will always be girls of some sort. My signature changes with the moods. (i dont wear the same scent 2 days in a row either)

phragle
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Your name was one I always wondered about...

The detention notice, Ha...

hopefully you pleaded not guilty..as it is IMPOSSIBLE to shock or disrupt a public place in PIB after dark.... if you were sober, behaving and keeping to yourself...then I could see those charges sticking..

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, I was going to be Waterbb, because that is 1 of my E-mail addresses. But that didn't look right and waterbaby was too sexy. So, JJ and Apache seemed right to Fund, and thats what he named me.

As for my avatars, they will always be girls of some sort. My signature changes with the moods. (i dont wear the same scent 2 days in a row either)

And I have a shoe fetish

For some reason until recently I thought you were Bouy's wife not Fund's "special lady friend"... But then again, I'm simple. I laugh at monkies. I think it's because they're like us, only hairier, and with thumbs on their feet... :biggrinjester:

Big Time
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
The name Big Time comes from my alter ego after I have a few drinks. Big Time likes to prance around the bar like he owns it buying shots for everyone in a short skirt. He has also been known to buy the entire try of shots off of the shot girls and proceed to pass them out to all of the attractive ladies. Basically Big Time like to be the life of the party. :sifone:

Big Time comes out less often these days, and he hasn't bought a round of 50 shots in a while, but he is always lurking....but I guess the recession has got him down. Big Time looks something like this...

Perlmudder
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
The name Big Time comes from my alter ego after I have a few drinks. Big Time likes to prance around the bar like he owns it buying shots for everyone in a short skirt. He has also been known to buy the entire try of shots off of the shot girls and proceed to pass them out to all of the attractive ladies. Basically Big Time like to be the life of the party. :sifone:

Big Time comes out less often these days, and he hasn't bought a round of 50 shots in a while, but he is always lurking....but I guess the recession has got him down. Big Time looks something like this...

you my friend are a man i would like to party with!

there is no better feeling then walking into a bar and acting like you own the place. we do it every weekend in the summer at my cottage, and it just bugs the hell out of the locals. we walk in with a group of 20 of us, we get retarded drunk, we sing and dance, come last call over the loud speaker they announce "the cadillac club is leaving", and we disperse (with their women)!

Buoy
03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
hopefully you pleaded not guilty..as it is IMPOSSIBLE to shock or disrupt a public place in PIB after dark.... if you were sober, behaving and keeping to yourself...then I could see those charges sticking..

That was the catch, it was before dark. Had made the run over in the morning through 5-7's and was soaked from the several stuff's that were un-avoidable in a 25' boat on Erie. Started drinking as soon as we got there, and by early evening was in full party mode. This "incident" or "indecent" took place on the main walk in front of all the bars/restaurants shops on the main drag at PIB. Weather had gotten much better by then, and then I ... Oh never mind.

For some reason until recently I thought you were Bouy's wife not Fund's "special lady friend"... But then again, I'm simple. I laugh at monkies. I think it's because they're like us, only hairier, and with thumbs on their feet... :biggrinjester:

My wife is JJ Pantera. Initials of her first and last name. I think I mentioned that to Fund, and Jann may be the same situation (Initials).
My wife had to keep her old last name for awhile for professional reasons, and it just made sense, and made things easier.

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
My wife is JJ Pantera. Initials of her first and last name. I think I mentioned that to Fund, and Jann may be the same situation (Initials).
My wife had to keep her old last name for awhile for professional reasons, and it just made sense, and made things easier.

Ah, I see... So she's Spanish huh? What a crazy coincidence that she has the same last name as the boat.

03darkshadow
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
its my cars year and color. because im very uncreative. and my sig line is from family guy which is hilarious. and i cant remember what my avatar is.

03darkshadow
03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
oh right, the hot girl and jet ski. well i chose that because well its a hot girl and a jet ski, both things are very awesome.

Buoy
03-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Ah, I see... So she's Spanish huh? What a crazy coincidence that she has the same last name as the boat.

No, not Spanish.
Adopted. But we do know that her birth mom was a Polock. I'm also a Polock, guess we fit together pretty well.

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
No, not Spanish.
Adopted. But we do know that her birth mom was a Polock. I'm also a Polock, guess we fit together pretty well.

Zing! :26:

MarylandMark
03-24-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm also a Polock

a LOT was answered in this post... :rofl:

Perlmudder
03-24-2009, 07:51 PM
a LOT was answered in this post... :rofl:

MarylandMark FTW! ohh snap! :26:

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
MarylandMark FTW! ohh snap! :26:

FTW always gets me. Sometime it's "For The Win", sometimes it's F-ck The World". Never can figure out which.......:sifone:

bluellama
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
BlueLlama came from an Alumni hockey team I played on, and when I first registered on OSO the Llama racers were in full flight ....

I've got a golf buddy who has always referenced his junk as Turkey Skin luggage.
The line came from a late night on Lake Winni, we had been drinking at the Paradise all night, and a local guy had tried to take my Oakleys from one of the girls we were with. Later when we were back at my buddy's Island we were all taking a late night swim, drinking beer naked in the moonlight, and this boat pulls up to the dock. The guy who had tried to take my glasses steps out of the boat, and being the friendly Canadian I am, I gave him a great big hug to show him that there were no bad feelings from earlier in the evening. He was less than comfortable with the experience, and the line was born.

The avatar is just skull and cross bones Hockey helmet I found.

fund razor
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM

Jann's initials are JJ and I own an Apache. Not original. But who knew she would hang around sos and the ho's? :blush5::):D:(:seeya:

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
BlueLlama came from an Alumni hockey team I played on, and when I first registered on OSO the Llama racers were in full flight ....

I've got a golf buddy who has always referenced his junk as Turkey Skin luggage.
The line came from a late night on Lake Winni, we had been drinking at the Paradise all night, and a local guy had tried to take my Oakleys from one of the girls we were with. Later when we were back at my buddy's Island we were all taking a late night swim, drinking beer naked in the moonlight, and this boat pulls up to the dock. The guy who had tried to take my glasses steps out of the boat, and being the friendly Canadian I am, I gave him a great big hug to show him that there were no bad feelings from earlier in the evening. He was less than comfortable with the experience, and the line was born.

The avatar is just skull and cross bones Hockey helmet I found.

Good story..........

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Jann's initials are JJ and I own an Apache. Not original. But who knew she would hang around sos and the ho's? :blush5::):D:(:seeya:

From your lineup of smilies your not sure how you feel......:sifone:

fund razor
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM

:o

JJ Apache
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM

Gotta keep him on his toes!!!!!!!!!:26:

Its a tough job. I dont recommend it...................:rant: :p

DonziGirl
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Mine came from when I signed up on Donzi.net as DonziChick in college. I needed to post something or other, and being unoriginal used DonziChick (as donziGirl was already taken). That's what I started registering on other sites as since then. Tony and my boating friends even just call me Donzi half the time because "Elizabeth" is apparently too long of a name (and I hate being called Liz or Beth)

For some reason I haven't put up any avatars yet here. I had Dory (from Finding Nemo) in the past because Tony says I act ditzy like her sometimes. Or I usually have a pic of Gilligan up.

Might have to find one

JJ Apache
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
P.S. My sig line really fits.......I might keep it !!!! :p:p

rainmn
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
My name is Ray, and a few of my friends think I have "rain man" like math abilities. (Keep in mind, some of these friends are the kind of people who can't figure out the tip on a $100 check....so it's all relative.)

Anyway, a friend called me Rain Man once and it sort of stuck for a little while. Long enough to be in my head the first time I ever registered at a forum (which I think may have been boatered.com - I haven't been there in years, but I have a rediculously low member #). Rainman was taken, so I just removed a random letter. Been using that same screen name ever since.

The current avatar is Jay & Silent Bob...for no reason other than I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith's movies. I also had a Jay & Silent Bob avatar on OSO for a long time.

MahopacMarine
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Mine is apparently one of the most original :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But I have enjoyed reading all of the others!

Griswald
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
First name is Clark........Griswald is a nickname my machinist gave me back in my drag racing days / a la Clark Griswald from National Lampoon. Seemed like a good alter-ego for the net and I've been using it for 7-8yrs on various message boards.
<------Last name is Bird, I'm 6'2"......hence my hero pictured to the left doing what I'd like to do to some people in this world.

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
First name is Clark........Griswald is a nickname my machinist gave me back in my drag racing days / a la Clark Griswald from National Lampoon. Seemed like a good alter-ego for the net and I've been using it for 7-8yrs on various message boards.
<------Last name is Bird, I'm 6'2"......hence my hero pictured to the left doing what I'd like to do to some people in this world.

Love that one.....:sifone:

ROFLMAO:rofl:

JJ Apache
03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Mine came from when I signed up on Donzi.net as DonziChick in college. I needed to post something or other, and being unoriginal used DonziChick (as donziGirl was already taken). That's what I started registering on other sites as since then. Tony and my boating friends even just call me Donzi half the time because "Elizabeth" is apparently too long of a name (and I hate being called Liz or Beth)

For some reason I haven't put up any avatars yet here. I had Dory (from Finding Nemo) in the past because Tony says I act ditzy like her sometimes. Or I usually have a pic of Gilligan up.

Might have to find one

Yeah! She found one. Heres another....

glassdave
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
. . . just hanging out with chicks, making bad decisions. . . .

Been a member of that club for years :D

hmmmm . . . well . . . my avitar . . . . i actually had that made from a gif i got in an email long time ago and its pretty self explanatory. Pretty much the only one i ever had. :cool:

Screen name, kinda self explanatory to. Yep, you guessed it . . i sell windows . . . but my name is Bob :D (Incidentally i do a little fiberglass work on the side though:sifone:)

sig line also self explanitory :sifone:

mikey
03-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Mike Yowaiski to hard to say or spell even write for that matter. So after about a year with OPA and Miss Geico, Mikey was born.

The sig line is pretty simple....

Ratickle
03-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Yep, you guessed it . . i sell windows . . . but my name is Bob

Bob, I have some Pella's that need resealed, get up here asap.

wantingmore
03-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Hmmm...wantingmore...even you guys can figure that out. After we get the Cig, I'll probably change it to Satisfied...

no, probably not

I didn't bring my avatar over from the other sites because I'm new here and I wanted you guys to respect me:rofl:

for those that haven't seen it, it's me passed out on my couch.:cheers2::cheers2:

Perlmudder
03-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Hmmm...wantingmore...even you guys can figure that out. After we get the Cig, I'll probably change it to Satisfied...

no, probably not

I didn't bring my avatar over from the other sites because I'm new here and I wanted you guys to respect me:rofl:

for those that haven't seen it, it's me passed out on my couch.:cheers2::cheers2:

i remember that one!

Scarab KV
03-24-2009, 11:29 PM

lol...:rofl:

Scarab KV
03-24-2009, 11:36 PM

Ouch...I think:biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
03-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Mines pretty boring compared to the others. I'm screwed if I ever buy a different boat. My av......guess. I change my sig some, but always come back to:

As far as the locals are concerned…I’m just another hard partying ocean guy with questionable means. - Crockett to Tubbs on St. Vitus Dance

It just fits. I'm a big fan and collect anything vice. In the late 80s I use to work with some guys that just couldn't figure how someone in our line of work could afford one of those "drug boats" so of coarse I had to be do'n something illegal....let the rumors fly.:D

BobOnThis
03-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Well mine is pretty much what I ask girls when I want them to come boating..I say would you like to bob on this? I could not find an avatar that said "bayliner racing" but thought this would do for now. My brother and I had a 20ft bayliner at one time with bayliner racing decals on it and it was a fun boat that we told many stories about to not so smart woman.-:sifone:

phragle
03-25-2009, 01:32 AM
all you had to do was ask brother......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/phragle/blr.jpg

BobOnThis
03-25-2009, 01:34 AM

NICE!:sifone: Thanks brother!

Scarab KV
03-25-2009, 01:37 AM

Why am I not surprised Rob?:biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
03-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Bayliner brothers! ROCK ON!!!!!!

:03:

phragle
03-25-2009, 01:46 AM
it's a bayliner nation!

Scarab KV
03-25-2009, 01:50 AM
lol

cigdaze
03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Mine's pretty simple; self-explanatory. I have a cigarette; I'm in a daze most of the time.
It used to be BajaDaze, but i had to change it for obvious reasons.

My avatar is also self-explanatory...I mean, just look at it.

cigdaze
03-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Perlmudder...great post, LOL. I've always wondered what that hell that meant and how it was supposed to be pronounced. That detention notice is great! :D And I also now see what hhh stands for...too funny. May the hymen gods shine down upon you.
:26: :sifone:

Airpacker
03-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Boat packs air when things go right.

Avi is obvious

Signature, well, we all know the old ( B.O.A.T. ) break out another thousand line. Mines just been updated to include inflation since that line was first used. :)

Tony
03-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Mine is pretty obvious. The sig line is in reference to the username I used for years on other sites, back when I had more balls than brains and health insurance wasnt so expensive. The avatar is my half retarded red bone best friend. On any given night we are a spittin image of Cuda's avatar, staring aimlessly into the fridge.

Ratickle
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Mine is pretty obvious. The sig line is in reference to the username I used for years on other sites, back when I had more balls than brains and health insurance wasnt so expensive. The avatar is my half retarded red bone best friend. On any given night we are a spittin image of Cuda's avatar, staring aimlessly into the fridge.

Always wondered who Thrillseeker was. Glad I wasn't him......:sifone:

ChiefApache
03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
My name is a combo of our boat/boat name. We own an Apache and it's named "The Chief."

Picture is "The Chief" that is painted on the side of our boat......currently.

Sig line is a gift of love from Scarab KV and BBB and I think davidmc.....what can I say? It's true! :rofl::biggrinjester:

Scarab KV
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
My name is a combo of our boat/boat name. We own an Apache and it's named "The Chief."

Picture is "The Chief" that is painted on the side of our boat......currently.

Sig line is a gift of love from Scarab KV and BBB and I think davidmc.....what can I say? It's true! :rofl::biggrinjester:

We'll take credit for that. Just don't ask how we know:biggrinjester:

Perlmudder
03-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Perlmudder...great post, LOL. I've always wondered what that hell that meant and how it was supposed to be pronounced. That detention notice is great! :D And I also now see what hhh stands for...too funny. May the hymen gods shine down upon you.
:26: :sifone:

i have a lot of spare time! :sifone:

Sea-Dated
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Nothing interesting here......

Avitar is my Cig or whatever mood I might be in.
Name was the name of our old boat because I love the water and my wife loved perscription drugs. :rofl:
The sig is simply because I feel like this guy most of the time running around crazy.

BlackJack58
03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, nothing too tough to explain. "BlackJack" is the name of my boat - also the only card game I can remember how to play after drinking a lot. Also, my grandfather fought under Gen. Pershing in WWI...so I liked it. '58 is the year of my birth.

Like at least three other people on the board, I dig The Big Lebowski. Attitude & all.

The sig is a reference to blackjack and my offshore boating blog...

Dude! Sweet!
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Boat packs air when things go right.

Avi is obvious

Signature, well, we all know the old ( B.O.A.T. ) break out another thousand line. Mines just been updated to include inflation since that line was first used. :)

I bet I've used your signature line a dozen times in the last month. Always enjoyed the first half, but the second half... to make a bad pun... is priceless! :D

rainmn
03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Like at least three other people on the board, I dig The Big Lebowski. Attitude & all.

One of my favorite movies of all time.

I actually set my avatar to a picture of the dude very breifly, but changed it back after I noticed that you had one. :)

sellsman11
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
I was registering and going to be "salesman11". (11 was my number in sports)

My oldest son saw the spelling...."salesman" and said, "That makes it look like you are selling cheap stuff. If everything is on "sale" it is either cheap, ugly or just plain not cool. "

Made sense to me.:sifone:

Ratickle
03-25-2009, 02:32 PM

My oldest son saw the spelling...."salesman" and said, "That makes it look like you are selling cheap stuff. If everything is on "sale" it is either cheap, ugly or just plain not cool. "

I always wondered.....

Sea-Dated
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM

I thought you just didn't know how to spell.....:sifone:

masher44
03-25-2009, 02:47 PM

you do sell Cigs right? :26:

Knot 4 Me
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Screen name is my current boat's name. Wife gave it that name as she knows it is not the boat I want but the boat I have currently to appease her and the son...for now.

Avatar is the sign on the entrance to the Dock where I slip my boat. After seeing all the E-Dock stuff on the other site I thought why not have 3 Dock, or Dock 3 in this case.

Signature line is what I say when folks at work ask me how I'm doing.

StraightJacket
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Screen name " Straightjacket" Well some might tell you that I need to be in one, have a tendency to push things to the edge when behind the wheel. I used to street race and never backed down when people owed us money and used to fight to get paid . Hence everyone thought I was nuts, sometimes its a good thing

The Bad Influence Offshore, well thats what our t-shirts have on them for our crew up here. We all seem to influence each other in ways we might not otherwise do by ourselves. We will walk into a place anywhere from 10-30 deep and even the owner will have to check to see who owns the place, always a good time by us and whoever is around.
Lets face it Skull and cross bones , the international sign for "PIRATE" and we are all Pirates in our own way

My tag line, well Jesse James said it best " if your not pissing people off, then you will never get noticed" . So lets face it many are jealous or hate us for or hobby and who cares I have fun and if they dont like then F-ck em. Get to know me and you'll realize I'll do anything for my friends.

Ratickle
03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
We will walk into a place anywhere from 10-30 deep and even the owner will have to check to see who owns the place,

:sifone::rofl::sifone::rofl::sifone:

Do they usually figure it out?

inbetween
03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
In Between was the name of our previous boat. Even had it on the lic. plates. Our dock at the time was located in between two distinctly different groups of people. We were friends with all, but the two groups were just about complete opposites.

The avatar is usually our Formula.

txriverrat2001
03-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Obviously in Texas .... and been a true river rat for 40+yrs. Not one who "visits".... loads up ... go's 20 miles to suburbia and unpacks ...... one who walks out of the house to the river.

I think txriverrat2001 was one of my very first email accounts - so I used it on all of the boards - company logons, etc... gettin old ... need something simple.

Avatar? Me and the Capt get a little crazy every once in a while. :drool5:

If your ever in Riverside Inn on the San Jac - look us up ..... I'm usually close by!!

Carguy
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Been a carguy my whole life. (Car Sales) If my father was a doctor maybe i'de be doctorguy, The only problem would have been my gpa. My avatar a nor-tech logo. Not much to that one.

FULL FORCE
03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Screen name...is the boat name..

avatar... my favorite place to hang out with frinds! Casino, Kelleys Island, ohio

ProMod
03-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Screen name comes from my 52 Pontiac Promodified race car.

My avitar is an engine pic of the 10" tire 1967 Firebird door slammer I ran threw out the 90s.

boatme
03-26-2009, 05:54 AM
What part do I need to explain ??

Ratickle
03-26-2009, 06:33 AM
What part do I need to explain ??

All of it. Or is it your way of begging for rides?

"Boat Me, please!!!!:)"

Ratickle
03-26-2009, 06:34 AM

Sweet. Now there's something you don't see every day, or ever.... How'd you come up with that early of a Pontiac?

florida gator
03-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Go Gators!!!

Dude! Sweet!
03-26-2009, 10:32 AM

My avitar is an engine pic of the 10" tire 1967 Firebird door slammer I ran threw out the 90s.

Both totally wicked rides! Post more picks in the member's rides section. The ProMod car reminds me of Scotty Cannon's old flying tomato. Very cool.

Ratickle
03-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Go Gators!!!

But what's your screen name mean???:sifone:

MarylandMark
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM

In MD they have "Take your kid to work day"- has he ever been to work with you? I'll take whatever you have on the lot that is cheap, ugly or not cool! :biggrinjester:

ProMod
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Sweet. Now there's something you don't see every day, or ever.... How'd you come up with that early of a Pontiac?

Chromoly dual frame rail chassis with a glass Chevy body that we turned into a Pontiac by adding a few components to the front end!

buck
03-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Screen name is pretty simple. My last name is Buckminster. It's easy to see what the short version is. Coaches and friends have called me Buck since I can remember. My dad was stuck with it, and his dad the same.

Avatar obviously came from one of the best movies ever made. I saw it somewhere online and had to have it. I only planned to use it for a few months at best then move on to something else when I found something better. I found that it gets lots comments and people tend to recognize me due to it regardless of what forum I am on. I now use it on every forum I frequent so people can identify me.

Sig line is usually a one liner that I have heard here and there. It changes whenever I hear a good one that tickles my fancy.

Tommy Gun
03-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Screen name = Boat name

Avatar = first time in the water

Sig line = what Frankie said

BY U BOY
03-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Well the screen name was because I was born on da Bayou:sifone:
sig is just my life in general:)
avatar well that speaks for itself at the moment.... Geaux Tigers!

JupiterSunsation
03-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Jupiter Sunsation........... this is a stretch.... I live in Jupiter, FL and have a 32 Sunsation

US1Fountain
03-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Here's a hint on mine. I'll try not to make it too hard for ya.

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 12:29 AM
shut up you mook

How'd you get masher44 out of that?

Magic Medicine
03-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Magic Medicine Lets see its been the name of my last 3 boats. I like Buffet and its a line in the song One Particular Habor, talking about boating and the water its a magic kind of medicine that no doctor can prescribe. No I am not a doctor althought both my folks and bro are, I didn't quite make it, beer and magic medicine seemed appropiate at the time.

Bad Influence Offshore, well straight jacket explained it best. Our crew which most have a love of booze!

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I signed up years ago at some site, and planned on lurking so I just used what was my email address in college at the time, and used the first part as my login/name. For some reason I've just kept it around.

On some sites it's synonomous with the a-hole defending the Big 3 in a condescending manner, so I don't mind it's a bit anonymous.:26:

Avatar is the truck that hopefully will soon be hooked to a boat.:sifone:

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I signed up years ago at some site, and planned on lurking so I just used what was my email address in college at the time, and used the first part as my login/name. For some reason I've just kept it around.

On some sites it's synonomous with the a-hole defending the Big 3 in a condescending manner, so I don't mind it's a bit anonymous.:26:

Avatar is the truck that hopefully will soon be hooked to a boat.:sifone:

Did you see where Buick was the number one dependibility car this year by JD Powers? Topped Lexus, Toyota, everyone.....

RLJ676
03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Did you see where Buick was the number one dependibility car this year by JD Powers? Topped Lexus, Toyota, everyone.....

I sure did.:)

Buick has some really, really cool stuff coming. Their product is improving a rediculous amount starting with the Enclave through the next 2 vehicles in the next year +.

stecz20
03-27-2009, 08:17 PM
avatar- im closest thing to god you pigs will ever know...
sig- im your king and your god... kinda flows nice.....

stecz last name 20 my baseball number back when i was somone besides your king and god.........

hows that........

phragle
03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
ny MOM drives a buick, come on.....

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 08:21 PM

stecz last name 20 my baseball number back when i was somone besides your king and god.........

hows that........

Good explanation (I'm humoring him).:)

Now, can you help mashers with his?:sifone:

Bobcat
03-27-2009, 08:21 PM

hows that........

20 ? isn't that the # they give to bat boys?:lurk5:

Bobcat
03-27-2009, 08:22 PM
I sure did.:)

Buick has some really, really cool stuff coming. Their product is improving a rediculous amount starting with the Enclave through the next 2 vehicles in the next year +.

we used to have parties and if you drove a foriegn car you had to park down the street:sifone:

cosmic12
03-27-2009, 10:08 PM
All my boats have been named COSMIC DEBRIS. It is a Frank Zappa song that I feel explains alot in life sorta, the 12 is from e-mail I had to have 2 #s in it so I just use it as is. Av- that changes as the moods change, the one now is a model that I built a while back. Sig line? well I have always wanted to use a line from the song but don't want to afend anyone, something about the price of meat and someones ole lady. Bouy knows the line I am sure. Cool thread guys keep it going.

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
we used to have parties and if you drove a foriegn car you had to park down the street:sifone:

When Terri and I were moving in together I made her sell her Honda. None of that crap in my drive...:sifone:

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 10:13 PM
All my boats have been named COSMIC DEBRIS. It is a Frank Zappa song that I feel explains alot in life sorta, the 12 is from e-mail I had to have 2 #s in it so I just use it as is. Av- that changes as the moods change, the one now is a model that I built a while back. Sig line? well I have always wanted to use a line from the song but don't want to afend anyone, something about the price of meat and someones ole lady. Bouy knows the line I am sure. Cool thread guys keep it going.

I like the model, I'm a Rat Fink, Big Daddy, fan. I've got an unopened one on the shelf. Pristine... Also a custom made 55 Chev nomad with RF driving.....

cosmic12
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Some of the best and most creative cars ever built---Betnick Bandit----Mysterian and a few others I can't remember. Ed Roth is an Icon of the hot rod world. Has always been one of my heros.

Ratickle
03-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Some of the best and most creative cars ever built---Betnick Bandit----Mysterian and a few others I can't remember. Ed Roth is an Icon of the hot rod world. Has always been one of my heros.

I've got three books on him and his work. And of course my avatar, you should have seen my old 55 Chev sedan delivery. A car Big Daddy would have been proud of...

Buoy
03-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Bouy knows the line I am sure.

"I wrapped a newspaper 'round my head to look like I was deep"
"I said some mumbo-jumbo then, and told he was going to sleep"
"I snatched his keys and his pocket-watch, and everything else I found"
"I said the price of meat has just gone up, and your old-lady has just gone..."

That was strictly from memory.:sifone:

cosmic12
03-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Look here brothea............Who you jiven with that Cosmic Debris
Don't you know you could make more money as a butcher
So don't you waste your time on me

Buoy
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Look here brothea............Who you jiven with that Cosmic Debris
Don't you know you could make more money as a butcher
So don't you waste your time on me

"The mystery man came over, and said I'm out of sight, he said for a nominal service charge, I could reach Nirvana tonight"

I'm just gonna stop now, or you and I could potentially cause a huge HI-JACK to this thread...:sifone:

cosmic12
03-28-2009, 11:35 AM
:iagree:You could be right I'm going to have to go dig up that album now:cheers2:

dykstra
03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Dykstra last name

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Dykstra last name

We want to know about your sig line.......:sifone:

dykstra
03-28-2009, 04:23 PM
3 inches long, hundred mile an hour, knock a dent in anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sounds funny. I think I read it on a bathroom wall! Dave

J-Bonz
03-28-2009, 05:51 PM
J-Bonz: Well, first name Jack, same as my pops, so my sister used to always call me Jay... The Bonz came from Bones Brigade, the Powell Perelta skateboard team that included Tony Hawk, Lance Mountain, Mike McGill, Tory Gurrero, and Steve Cabalaro. The Brigade became big after the making of the movie "Search For Animal Chin". My sisters friends started calling me J-Bones since I was big into skateboarding for many years. They started calling me this by the time I was hitting the bars and it stuck since. The spelling Bonz instead of Bones was well, I dont know, It just happened and I stuck with it.
Avatar I try to keep as the "ripper". It is one of the Powell Prelta logos. Always wanted it as a tat but, still havnt done it.
The avatar now

Ratickle
03-28-2009, 06:10 PM
3 inches long, hundred mile an hour, knock a dent in anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sounds funny. I think I read it on a bathroom wall! Dave

You gotta come up with something better.:sifone: You have no idea how much time I spent online searching to try and figure it out one night...:ack2:

Maybe we should have a contest for the best story to your sig line:)

25 hors la loi
03-29-2009, 10:29 PM
25 hors la loi , stand for 25 outlaw in french , on each board i go the 25outlaw nickname was always taken , this is why i decided to put it in french
and to mix you :D
It`s work ?

Bobcat
03-29-2009, 10:44 PM
disturbing to say the least, next sunday everyone has to be at mandatory avatar class ,starts at 6, that is in the A.M. eastern time, you will run laps until you come up with something cooler than .........ratickle:leaving:

inbetween
03-29-2009, 10:53 PM
there's nothing cooler than elmo

Bobcat
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
there's nothing cooler than elmo

actually I have a beer container that is a "cooler":)

inbetween
03-29-2009, 11:28 PM
actually I have a beer container that is a "cooler":)

I think Col. Hogan has been in the cooler too

Shah Mat
03-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Shah Mat

Checkmate: from Shah mat "the king is dead", from the Persian shah for "king" and the Arabic mat for "died"

Origin of the word
The term checkmate is an alteration or Hobson-Jobson of the Persian phrase "Shāh Māt" which means, literally, "the King is ambushed" (or "helpless" or "defeated"). It does not literally mean "the King is dead", although that is a common misconception, as chess reached Europe via the Islamic world, and Arabic māta مَاتَ means "died", "is dead".[1]

Moghadam traced the etymology of the word mate. It comes from a Persian verb mandan, meaning "to remain", which is cognate with the Latin word manco. It means "remained" in the sense of "abandoned" and the formal translation is "surprised", in the military sense of "ambushed" (not in the sense of "astonished"). So the king is in mate when he is ambushed, at a loss, or abandoned to his fate (Davidson 1981:70-71).

The term checkmate has come to mean in modern parlance an irrefutable and strategic victory

Since I have two Checkmates in my driveway I thought it was a fitting screenname.

Ratickle
03-30-2009, 06:19 AM
disturbing to say the least, next sunday everyone has to be at mandatory avatar class ,starts at 6, that is in the A.M. eastern time, you will run laps until you come up with something cooler than .........ratickle:leaving:

Are you teaching this class?

Ratickle
03-30-2009, 06:20 AM
25 hors la loi , stand for 25 outlaw in french , on each board i go the 25outlaw nickname was always taken , this is why i decided to put it in french
and to mix you :D
It`s work ?

Yes it did, I'll have to remember that.

Ratickle
03-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Shah Mat

Checkmate: from Shah mat "the king is dead", from the Persian shah for "king" and the Arabic mat for "died"

Since I have two Checkmates in my driveway I thought it was a fitting screenname.

That's original, never would have figured it out.

mosi
03-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Mosi....
.....because 'HUNG LIKE A CLYDESDALE' was taken:(

JJ Apache
03-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Mosi....
.....because 'HUNG LIKE A CLYDESDALE' was taken:(

I sooo have a comment for that. I will (for the first time) be nice!:26:

Slick02
03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Nickname from an earlier time given to me by the founder of our original posse,(it might have been because I was always angling towards a buck) I added the 02 because my dad was the original Slick and I kinda inherited his position when he died about 10 years ago.

Ratickle
03-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Nickname from an earlier time given to me by the founder of our original posse,(it might have been because I was always angling towards a buck) I added the 02 because my dad was the original Slick and I kinda inherited his position when he died about 10 years ago.

And the sig line?:sifone:

Slick02
03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm kinda turning into something of a hermit as I get older,(I've never been much of a people person) I put up with people 50hrs a week and when I get home, the dogs wait by the door and other than food and love they want/require absolutely nothing from me,,,and I like that,,,alot.

Gladhe8er
03-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Gladhe8er: I've used this screen name since college...Thought it was funny because it can be construed a few different ways.

Signature: It's my Dad's restaurant. It has stories of his old racing days in his 30' Shadow Cat "Black Duck" as well.

redhotsommer
03-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Well, with a last name like "Sommer," when you name your boat, you kinda HAVE to use it... My dad's first boat was "Sommer's Here," now he has "Sommer Ours"...both are a bit pedestrian for my taste. My first boat (and original name on all the other boards) was "Sommer Flies By" and my current boat, because of its color, is "Red Hot Sommer."

The avatar is a logo a had a bud draw up after I coined the "Bad Influence" moniker for our little boating crew. The origins of that name lie in the fact that I used to place much more importance on conditioning and athletic endeavors than drinking...then I started hanging with these guys...now its more of a wash! Don't get me wrong...I still run and bike like a madman...but I can drink many beers (and RUM) as well!

The sig line...well...I came up with that one day at work...I liked it, and so has everyone else that isn't a green-weenie.

Tom A.
03-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Tom A.
Carried over from the other site. I was well into my 22' Donzi at the time I joined the other site and didn't want to be tied to an older boat name or model so I uncreatively chose it.
The Avatar is made by my good friend Frank C. at Typhoon SC.
Tag line changes with my moods.

OldSchool
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
OldSchool....Hmmmm....so many possibilties!!

My screen name way back when on the "other" board was Craig223 because, well, my name is Craig and I had a Formula223 at the time that I signed up over there. When I bought our first Cigarette, I went through a lengthy process of figuring out what to name it. With a little help from my friends, OldSchool it was! OldSchool II is my current boat's name.

I have always done chit the "Old way", both at work and at home. A lot of times, I prefer to print out a long email and read it from paper. I don't do stuff on my computer, I scratch it out on paper and then enter it as a document after the fact. Power screwgun, no way!! Dishwasher..give me a sponge and a towel!! Stupid, probably, but I'm a unique MoFo, to say the least!:biggrinjester:

I like old stuff. Old cars, old boats, old jeans, old shoes, old fishin' rods... mostly because I grew up poor and learned to make the best of what I could get.

Then there's the movie, Old School. One of my favorites. It was funny as hell meeting someone down in Islamorada last month and the first thing that they said to me was that they expected me to look exactly like my avatar. LMAO! :rofl:
One of my favorite scenes from that movie was when Frank the Tank said "we're going streaking, through the quads. Come on everybody"!!!! Then off he went, streaking through the streets thinking that everyone followed. They didn't.

Kind of reminds me of some stuff that recently happened here!! :cool: :biggrinjester::rofl:

sellsman11
03-31-2009, 11:26 AM
And all along, I thought your username had something to do with your underwear!!:sifone:

OldSchool
03-31-2009, 11:30 AM
And all along, I thought your username had something to do with your underwear!!:sifone:

It's OldSchool, not skid mark!!!:26::biggrinjester::26::sifone:

Ratickle
04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Power screwgun, no way!!

I can't imagine living without a power, cordless, screwdriver.....:ack2:

JJ Apache
05-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Sit down, Shut up! Miracle Grohe.........thats just too funny! I like her catch phrase, too.

RPM
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
It's OldSchool, not skid mark!!!:26::biggrinjester::26::sifone:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TIKI
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
My screen name and avatar has to do with my artwork. Not the best pic, but you'll get the idea...got a Tiki mask to remind me of more tropical places.

JJ Apache
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I want to know who Dolla's new sig line is about............:
Enquiring minds want to know.

JJ Apache
06-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I saw names new to me (not necessarily you). Enquiring minds want to know! :)

JJ Apache
01-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I was reading a Wrinkleface thread about jammies, Bouy posted and it reminded me of Turkey Skin Luggage....:D

JJ Apache
01-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Any new people out there yet?

Expensive Date
01-17-2010, 10:28 AM
My screen name is my boat name.It got named on the way home from the AC boat show wife and I had gone down there for lunch and the show ended up buying the boat.Asked wife what we should name it..............

LadyDaze
01-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Ok, well. My screen name is LadyDaze. Lady explains my gender; and of course I take my husbands (Cigadaze) last name :)

The avatar, well that's me. We were running across the bay towards the gulf last spring.

JJ Apache
01-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi Erin, I'm Jann, and we met at Pass a Grill when you were learning Oracle..can't recall the year..o5- o6?. Glad to see another female!

LadyDaze
01-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Erin, I'm Jann, and we met at Pass a Grill when you were learning Oracle..can't recall the year..o5- o6?. Glad to see another female!

Hey there! good to 'see you' again. Yea, I remember, I think it was at the hurricane for drinks. Oracle, wow! That was a few years ago. Crammed some Oracle db skills to deliver system implementation ugh....

I've been busy so haven't been too active the past few weeks.

Hope all is well and look forward to actually 'seeing you' soon!

JJ Apache
01-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey there! good to 'see you' again. Yea, I remember, I think it was at the hurricane for drinks. Oracle, wow! That was a few years ago. Crammed some Oracle db skills to deliver system implementation ugh....

I've been busy so haven't been too active the past few weeks.

Hope all is well and look forward to actually 'seeing you' soon!

:cheers2:

DonziGirl
01-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Oracle <shudder>

Cash Bar
01-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Screen name came from the fact I saved ca$h from by Bar gigs for YEARS to buy my first boat. I figured it paid for it, it should be named after it.

Cash Bar was the name of my 29' Fountain, carried over to the TopGun, both of which were lost in deals with CRIMINAL dealers. :smash::mad:

The avatar was taken from a pic Phantom1 photoshopped after I was Porsche shopping and asked about aftermarket custom sites. I put it up and it's been a fixture since. I've had AT LEAST 10 people contact me and ask about the "go cart" in my avatar.

The sig line I got from "2 and a half men" and just never changed it back to the usual:

I don't make mistakes, I date them. :willy_nilly:

DAREDEVIL
01-18-2010, 01:06 AM
NOT MUCH TO SAY ON MINE.

Its the way i feel an live !!!!!:seeya:

LIVE WIRE
01-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Any new people out there yet?

I joined last year but this site just recently became my new home base.

I own an electrical contracting buisness hence the " LIVE WIRE " username . My sig comes from my dad's favorite saying who past his love of boating on to me.

Me on dads boat age 3, (1971)

OldSchool
01-18-2010, 10:03 AM
I joined last year but this site just recently became my new home base.

I own an electrical contracting buisness hence the " LIVE WIRE " username .

Welcome home Sparky!!:cheers2::sifone:

Ange
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Mine is pretty easy, Ange is just a shortened version of my name, Angela. My siggy is a favorite quote and my avatar is a photo I took on July 4th last year.

Hey Craig, I found one of your business cards that you gave to me in Richmond several years ago!

01-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Forgot about this thread;

For those who are "thinking" music fans, they know very well. For those who aren't, it is the year in a fictional setting where the government (priests) run our lives and make our decisions in a completely totalitarian way. Right down the the music we choose.

Inspired by Ayn Rand's books (of which I am also a fan).

Dude! Sweet!
01-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Forgot about this thread;

For those who are "thinking" music fans, they know very well. For those who aren't, it is the year in a fictional setting where the government (priests) run our lives and make our decisions in a completely totalitarian way. Right down the the music we choose.

Inspired by Ayn Rand's books (of which I am also a fan).

Plus the like to chase canadian kids in old Ferraris with hovercraft... Those BASTARDS! :sifone:

Geronimo36
01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Mine is pretty easy... Geronimo is the name of my boat and it's a 36'... I was getting tired of my Panther screen name from OSO since I sold it back in 2004 so SO was a good opportunity for change...

My sig lines...well...they change and usually for good reason. :)

LIVE WIRE
01-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Mine is pretty easy... Geronimo is the name of my boat and it's a 36'... I was getting tired of my Panther screen name from OSO since I sold it back in 2004

I thought I reconized your boat Frank , Thanks for the help with the PM.

See you around this summer
Kevin

Bgchuby01
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I have had go fast boats since the late 70's and in 1998 I bought a 38SS sea ray that let me have some comfort and still be able to trailer and run close to 50mph. My wife named it Big Chubby and I guess I started to use it for my user name on different websites. The name worked good up at havasu. It was my email name also but for business reasons I dropped it for a normal email. For havasu the sea ray had the aluminum hole in the deck for a table and a friend made a 10ft aluminum pole that fit right in so in havasu it was a stripper pole and in the pacific it became a ski poke for the catalina ski race.

Indy
01-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Indy was the name of my Dalmation when I joined the old site. No avatar or sig because everyone else has one.

TCEd
01-20-2010, 02:17 PM
TCEd
TC is Traverse City where we live. One of the few things going right in Michigan.
Ed is my name.
Avitar is home and boat.

On other boat sites I'm Interceptor which is my boat name and taken from the Honda Interceptor motorcycle which I had a blast with.

ed

Ratickle
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Wekk, it's been a long time since we've had any updates to this.

Time to learn more.....

Have at it.....

Offshore Ginger
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow .................. running out of ideas for new threads ? :huh::rofl::rofl::

fund razor
01-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow .................. running out of ideas for new threads ? :huh::rofl::rofl:: He is semi-employed. It keeps him off the streets.

Ratickle
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow .................. running out of ideas for new threads ? :huh::rofl::rofl::

Naw, it's just we have so many new members with history behind their names I want to know.

Like Offshore Ginger, what the heck does that mean?????

I don't believe that has ever been explained......:toetap05:

poncho
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I kept it simple and used my old dogs name.