PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would share some pics

89Mach1
03-23-2009, 06:35 PM
I know many of you have made the transition from the other website to this one, and I've slowly been coming over here also. It just sucks because of all the great old threads with so much knowledge in them over there. Anyways, after my membership expires over there i will be renewing it over here.

Over the winter I had my boat painted and thought I would share the before and after pics with everyone, so here it is. Let me know what you think!

I plan on doing the Hudson River Run and look forward to meeting some of you soon!

Jay

Ratickle
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I know many of you have made the transition from the other website to this one, and I've slowly been coming over here also. It just sucks because of all the great old threads with so much knowledge in them over there. Anyways, after my membership expires over there i will be renewing it over here.

Over the winter I had my boat painted and thought I would share the before and after pics with everyone, so here it is. Let me know what you think!

I plan on doing the Hudson River Run and look forward to meeting some of you soon!

Jay

Nice job. Love to see improvements on vintage fiberglass.:)

Did you make the windscreen?

Wrinkleface
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
very clean look'n!!!:sifone:

fund razor
03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Looks nice. Reminds me of this Cig 28ss (just a little)

89Mach1
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Nice job. Love to see improvements on vintage fiberglass.:)

Did you make the windscreen?

Yes, I did make the windscreen!

89Mach1
03-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks nice. Reminds me of this Cig 28ss (just a little)

It does kinda look like that, maybe I can slap a couple Cig stickers on it and pass it as one? :sifone:

fund razor
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
I had an 87 Chris Craft 260 stinger with the same two port lights/side windows. Somebody painted it all white also, and only did a light purple and silver stripe. Mostly white. It ended up similar to yours... much more modern looking than the original colors.

I really like it. You did a good job.

BlackJack58
03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
That's a very nice update of an older boat. Looks like that hard work paid off...:hurray:

Ratickle
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes, I did make the windscreen!

Very nice job. Looks all original.

Blue Thunder
03-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Great job! I really like the fairing build. Is it fiberglass? I would like to build one some day for my boat.

89Mach1
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Great job! I really like the fairing build. Is it fiberglass? I would like to build one some day for my boat.

I made it out of 3/4" plywood and fiberglassed over it. It went pretty smooth, for me anyways (I'm a trim/finish carpenter). It took about 6 hrs. to make. There were some pretty funky angles that you'll probably just have to "wing it" to figure out. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, but if I was to do it again I would change a couple things. All in all, I'm happy with it.

Wrinkleface
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I made it out of 3/4" plywood and fiberglassed over it. It went pretty smooth, for me anyways (I'm a trim/finish carpenter). It took about 6 hrs. to make. There were some pretty funky angles that you'll probably just have to "wing it" to figure out. I'm pretty happy with the way it came out, but if I was to do it again I would change a couple things. All in all, I'm happy with it.

Cool, looks sharp!! I like it alot better than the windshield!!:sifone:

MahopacMarine
03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I know many of you have made the transition from the other website to this one, and I've slowly been coming over here also. It just sucks because of all the great old threads with so much knowledge in them over there.

Jay

Jay,

It was great to speak with you today. And Welcome to SO!
I totally understand about the vintage threads full of info and knowledge. Just remember, most of the composer's of those threads are here now!!!

I look forward to meeting you at the run:sifone:

Perlmudder
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
nice job! i was waiting for you to post some pics!

dykstra
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
looks awesome

89Mach1
03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Jay,

It was great to speak with you today. And Welcome to SO!
I totally understand about the vintage threads full of info and knowledge. Just remember, most of the composer's of those threads are here now!!!

I look forward to meeting you at the run:sifone:

Same to you Tom! I look forward to coming, that will be my first run of any kind. I just hope I can keep up, ha! I'm sure the old girl will do just fine, she has an updated motor and ran great the ONE (that's right, 1) time I've run the boat!

89Mach1
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
nice job! i was waiting for you to post some pics!

I have pics from the whole process :26:

Hilltop Kyle
03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice work, It looks great!

MahopacMarine
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Same to you Tom! I look forward to coming, that will be my first run of any kind. I just hope I can keep up, ha! I'm sure the old girl will do just fine, she has an updated motor and ran great the ONE (that's right, 1) time I've run the boat!

Jay, I am sure you will keep up. There are all boats of any size and speed coming to the fun run. Just remember to have fun, be safe and realize its not a race :rofl::rofl:

Scarab KV
03-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Nice job. That fairing makes the boat.

Dude! Sweet!
03-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Thumbs up! Should be a great ride anywhere from Oneida to Ontario! :)

BLAZE
03-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Very clean job!-------Kinda like liquid Botox! :rofl:

Sunsation96
03-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Very nice job! maybe I will see it @ the hudson run oh' I almost forgot welcome to SOS!

Warlock28SXT
03-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Very cool. It gives the boat nice clean lines, I like it. Congrats and welcome.

cigdaze
03-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Nice Resto. Good job, man! It really cleaned up the lines. :cool:

CRT
03-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Looks good, I will probably see it sometime this summer. Looks like you are from CNY.

89Mach1
03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Looks good, I will probably see it sometime this summer. Looks like you are from CNY.

99% of the time on out on Oneida Lake, the other 1% is a week in August up at A-Bay for Pirates Weekend. Where about are you?

89Mach1
03-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for such great feedback! Much more friendlier over here than over on the other site.