PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stuff, RE Speed.

PARADOX
03-23-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.bluebird-electric.net/water_speed_records.htm

Ratickle
03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
I remember when Lee Taylor died. One of my favorite lakes and an American trying to get the record back.

Thought it was pretty stupid to go for that test when the water was rough and to move to Tahoe in the first place due to sponsor pressure.

inbetween
03-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Interesting read.Thanks for posting that link.

Brownie
03-24-2009, 08:26 AM
In January, 1968, we had the Gulf Marine Hall of Fame inductions at the NY boat show. Aronow and I were inducted from the offshore group. I sat between Lee Taylor and Rene Andre' at the breakfast. Rene had just broken the 200 mph drag record, and Lee had set the water speed record. We were drinking champagne and laughing at each others tales, when Rene said "Crazy? You want crazy? That sonofa***** next to you (pointing to Lee) made a bet in California that he could go 100 mph on a skateboard! He put on three sets of leathers, got behind a dragster, and went 125 mph! He fell at the end, and broke both elbows. He crossed the line on his head, but he won the bet"!
I personally knew Taylor, Campbell, Arfons (I have his uncle Art's motorcycle), Gar Wood, Ken Warby and Roy Duby. All possessors of granite boulders..........

dykstra
03-24-2009, 12:20 PM

agreed

sellsman11
03-24-2009, 12:54 PM
In January, 1968, we had the Gulf Marine Hall of Fame inductions at the NY boat show. Aronow and I were inducted from the offshore group. I sat between Lee Taylor and Rene Andre' at the breakfast. Rene had just broken the 200 mph drag record, and Lee had set the water speed record. We were drinking champagne and laughing at each others tales, when Rene said "Crazy? You want crazy? That sonofa***** next to you (pointing to Lee) made a bet in California that he could go 100 mph on a skateboard! He put on three sets of leathers, got behind a dragster, and went 125 mph! He fell at the end, and broke both elbows. He crossed the line on his head, but he won the bet"!
I personally knew Taylor, Campbell, Arfons (I have his uncle Art's motorcycle), Gar Wood, Ken Warby and Roy Duby. All possessors of granite boulders..........

Most impressive post of the year!!! :cool::cool:

Sunsation96
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM

Very cool