PDA

View Full Version : Morons!!!

Perlmudder
03-22-2009, 10:42 PM
http://www.break.com/index/crazy-kids-ghost-ride-the-whip2.html

this is just asking for trouble! what a bunch of dbags!

boatme
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Never heard of "goast riding" this is the dumbest thing i have seen in a long time

inbetween
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey guys! Watch this...

There's some geniuses right there

Ratickle
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
So nobody in the car?

Ratickle
03-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Found it. They were not idling....

Ghost-riding, frequently used in the context of "ghost-riding the whip" (a "whip" being a vehicle) or simply ghostin', is when a person puts a car with an automatic transmission in drive or allows it to idle and then the driver (and passengers) of a vehicle exit while it is still rolling and dance beside it or on the hood or roof.[1]

Ghost riding is an activity that has been practiced in the Bay Area for many years during what are called sydeshows. The popularization of ghost riding the whip is a byproduct of the popularity of Bay Area music and hyphy culture in general. The term "ghost ride the whip" was given nationwide exposure in E-40's 2006 song "Tell Me When to Go".[2] Oakland rapper Mistah F.A.B.'s hit song "Ghost Ride It", further popularized the term due to the song's consistent playtime on radio and television stations throughout the United States. The video became a subject of much criticism due to its directions on how to ghost ride, as well as its use of the Ghostbusters' car without the express approval from Viacom. The song references actor Patrick Swayze, lead star in the 1990 film Ghost,[3] sparking internet references to ghost riding as "going (Patrick) Swayze". Finally, ghost riding is a minigame in the hip-hop-culture-centered video game Pimp My Ride.[4]

As with car surfing, ghost riding can be dangerous and has resulted in two known deaths in North America.[5] However, some websites claim that ghostriding is responsible for up to eight deaths in the United States.[6] Ghost riding is often featured in similarly risky urban sideshows, which also originated in the Bay Area.[3]

Sydwayz
03-22-2009, 10:56 PM
That is a very old video. There is someone that came up from the backseat and steered the car.

Ratickle
03-22-2009, 11:20 PM
That is a very old video. There is someone that came up from the backseat and steered the car.

I hope so, thought maybe you could steer by dragging your feet.:sifone:

mosi
03-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Looks like fun to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkxokZUDug

loads of other fun clips also.

boatme
03-23-2009, 07:58 AM
They should get 10 points added to there licence called a STUPID penalty

Boss252
03-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I knew a guy back in the 80's that would put on the cruise control and lay on the roof of his car but he would steer with his arm through the window. He had a car pull out in front of him once and had a very close call. he never did it again.

Ratickle
03-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I knew a guy back in the 80's that would put on the cruise control and lay on the roof of his car but he would steer with his arm through the window. He had a car pull out in front of him once and had a very close call. he never did it again.

A flat would cause some excitement too....

JJ Apache
03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Damn. My mom got on to me about us cheerleaders running around the car and getting back in at stop lights. Too dangerous........

We used to hitch rides on bumpers on snowy roads, too.:biggrinjester:

omg, I was a moron.......

insanity
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I love the red truck one, what a jackass.