PDA

View Full Version : I was economicaly stimulated today

phragle
03-21-2009, 12:43 AM
headed off to murrays to get pads and rotors for the caddie this afternoon. I passed anew autoparts store a few blocks from the one I was headed to, so I called them and asked for price and availability, then went in to murrays.
Murrays price on the rotors was more the pads less, but they didnt have the stuff in stock, so I went to the new place. New place had parts in stock, I told the guy Murrays prices since they said on the phone the would price match/beat. Guy is putting stuff into the computer and the manager comes over because he sees the guy changing prices. manager starts in on me, I wont match that price because they don't have it in stock, but I will match the rotor price, but there is no warrenty if I price match. so Im getting a bit upset at being jerked around. We are talking less than $10, but I hate getting jerked around and hit with hard upsells etc. anyways manager takes over the sale and is being a dick. he rings it up, I hand him the card and Im off. get home and look at the reciept, I got 2 rotors and 2 sets of pads, the idiot changed the qty on mistake, only charged me for one rotor and 1 set of pads. Normally I would have pointed it out in store or just called them when I realized it, thats the way I am. somebodies gonna catch hell when there drawer comes up short, thats just not cool, we all make mistakes, but the manager was being an azz and karma just caught up to him.

BY U BOY
03-21-2009, 12:50 AM
sounds like you will have a free brake job after you sell that chit on ebay:sifone:

inbetween
03-21-2009, 07:05 AM
If they only charged you for one of each, The drawer won't be short. They wont find that mistake until the in stock quantity shows they have one and they really don't. Then they won't be able to tell who, where, when. Best brake job you'll ever get!

Madpoodle
03-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I'd offer to allow them to run my card again, but only if they price match..

ANd maybe toss 5% my way for my time... :) :)

cuda
03-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm always reluctant to do that. It may come back on me tenfold. Karma is a biotch!:leaving:

Edward R. Cozzi
03-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Be careful with cheap rotors. The parts store where I trade has two grades in stock and I have found the cheaper ones to be sub-standard. A Caddie deserves to have the best.

clayinaustin
03-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I never look at the receipt. :p

Wrinkleface
03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
headed off to murrays to get pads and rotors for the caddie this afternoon. I passed anew autoparts store a few blocks from the one I was headed to, so I called them and asked for price and availability, then went in to murrays.
Murrays price on the rotors was more the pads less, but they didnt have the stuff in stock, so I went to the new place. New place had parts in stock, I told the guy Murrays prices since they said on the phone the would price match/beat. Guy is putting stuff into the computer and the manager comes over because he sees the guy changing prices. manager starts in on me, I wont match that price because they don't have it in stock, but I will match the rotor price, but there is no warrenty if I price match. so Im getting a bit upset at being jerked around. We are talking less than $10, but I hate getting jerked around and hit with hard upsells etc. anyways manager takes over the sale and is being a dick. he rings it up, I hand him the card and Im off. get home and look at the reciept, I got 2 rotors and 2 sets of pads, the idiot changed the qty on mistake, only charged me for one rotor and 1 set of pads. Normally I would have pointed it out in store or just called them when I realized it, thats the way I am. somebodies gonna catch hell when there drawer comes up short, thats just not cool, we all make mistakes, but the manager was being an azz and karma just caught up to him.

Call Washington & C if somebody will come over & help U install!!!:26: