PDA

View Full Version : Obama cracks Special Olympics joke

Boss252
03-20-2009, 08:17 AM
So he finally stuck his foot in his big mouth. What do you think the backlash will be if any?

vE0yAEvVsUo

Sea-Dated
03-20-2009, 08:33 AM
None at all. Most of the media won't even report it. :smash:

OldSchool
03-20-2009, 08:38 AM
No backlash, the media will make him look good somehow. I'd be willing to bet that they give the Special Olympics some taxpayer money to make them forget about the comment as well.:rolleyes::rolleyes::(

Boss252
03-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I wonder what it cost the American tax payer for him to appear on the Tonight Show. Probably as much as a AIG bonus

gerritm
03-20-2009, 08:54 AM
None, he is a member.

Sea-Dated
03-20-2009, 09:42 AM
None, he is a member.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

glassdave
03-20-2009, 10:02 AM
None, he is a member.

LMAO :rofl::rofl:

Sea-Dated
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
One of my co-workers, who is a big Obama supporter, is trying to tell me that Obama meant it as a compliment to the Special Olympics and not as making fun of them. He has drank a LOT of kool-aid appearantly.....

Wrinkleface
03-20-2009, 10:31 AM
He should have his tongue cut off!!! That was real bad!!:(

Trueser
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
They never let you down.

RedDog382
03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
None, he is a member.

Mentally handicapped ...

Ted
03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
One of my co-workers, who is a big Obama supporter, is trying to tell me that Obama meant it as a compliment to the Special Olympics and not as making fun of them. He has drank a LOT of kool-aid appearantly.....

Yeah, that's why he called the president of S Olympics from AF 1 and apologized before the show even aired, yeah great compliment.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20268.html

They should put down the Kool aide :seeya:

clayinaustin
03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm no Obama fan, but I didn't think it was so bad.

IMHO, only people looking to bash him will make a stink out of it. I.E. Fox News

KENNYO
03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm no Obama fan, but I didn't think it was so bad.

IMHO, only people looking to bash him will make a stink out of it. I.E. Fox News

I agree. Too many other things to bltch about.

phragle
03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
so if Bush had used airfarce 1 to fly to hollywood, went of the lateshow, cracked special olympics jokes and used his mathmatical skills to make a college basketball pool while the economy was in the sh!tter how many people would be freaking out????

I am really thinking he never had or currently has any interest in actually being president, it was just the job he thought would make his name as popular and marketable as possible. if you really think about it, he has a press secretary and speech writers to write everything he has to say, he has advisers to make all the decisions, he has a secratary of state to handle all the foriegn affairs, the house and senate to handle all the legislation, a team of chefs to cook for him, maid service to make his bed and pick up after him, a travel staff and his own 747 to get him around without thought... what exactly is it that he does besides tv appearances and play basketball??

Roger 1
03-20-2009, 11:58 AM
WLS in Chicago was all over it this morning on the Don and Roma show and now on the Mancow show. They're doing their part to not let him get off scott free.

BBB725
03-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Who cares, it was a joke. Now everyone is the PC police:biggrinjester:

Ted
03-20-2009, 01:22 PM

The libs have taught us that the only people you can make jokes about is middle class white guys, he broke the rule. Being the first PC/Affirmative Action President carries with it a few pitfalls apparently.

Ratickle
03-20-2009, 01:26 PM

The libs have taught us that the only people you can make jokes about is middle class white guys, he broke the rule. Being the first PC/Affirmative Action President carries with it a few pitfalls apparently.

If anyone other than him had said it, it would be a bigger deal. Maybe this is a good thing. We can stop being politically correct for the next 4 years and get away with it.....:sifone:

DonziGirl
03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
It wasn't that bad, but if it was anyone else, they'd be strung up for it.

Big Time
03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I honestly don't care that he made a joke...we've all said 10x worse. My issue is that he seems to hold everyone else to these high standards, so why shouldn't he hold himself to those standards? A whole portion of his campaign was how he was going to hold people accountable for their actions. Well, hold yourself to those standards. He set the bar too high when he was campaigning....so either live up to that bar or get out of office, it's that easy.

Boss252
03-20-2009, 02:02 PM
If it would of been anyone else there would have been an out cry to make a public apology

2TR
03-20-2009, 02:11 PM
so if Bush had used airfarce 1 to fly to hollywood, went of the lateshow, cracked special olympics jokes and used his mathmatical skills to make a college basketball pool while the economy was in the sh!tter how many people would be freaking out????

BINGO.. I could care less about the stupid remark. My issue is the main stream media will once again give him a free pass like they have the past 3 years.

Now the Late Show bit.. I think it demeans the office and position. Your the strongest most powerful man in the world and you go on the late show? WTF?? the President is supposed to show strength, power and dignity. Sure he can have fun, but do it off camera. Whats next showing up on the Rachel Ray show to cook corn dogs??

:rant:

Ratickle
03-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Now the Late Show bit.. I think it demeans the office and position. Your the strongest most powerful man in the world and you go on the late show? WTF?? the President is supposed to show strength, power and dignity. Sure he can have fun, but do it off camera. Whats next showing up on the Rachel Ray show to cook corn dogs??

How'd you find out?

phragle
03-20-2009, 02:41 PM

:rant:

this I completely agree with. the campaign is over. The office is all about dignity and respect. it also demonstrates favoritism of Leno and the network.

had he done a legitimate news show such as 60 minutes, I would find it a bit more palatable, instead he choose to put himself at a level reserved for stupid human tricks, dancing bears and a guy who built a hoovercraft out of a shop vac. next thing you know he will be jumping on Opra's couch and selling Obama presidential commemerative lapel pins on a 3 am infomercial, order within the next 15 minutes and I will include an american flag, with my face superimposed on it and it will be stamped with my official presidential signature!! but wait..theres more!!! our 5,000th customer will be flown all expenses paid on airforce one to washington dc, where you will then be driven by motorcade to the whitehouse, for a game of 1 on 1 basketball with me, the president, then dinner at the whitehouse, and a nightcap in the oval office before you head to bed in the Lincoln bedroom. You will also recieve three 8x10 autographed pictures of your trip. CALL NOW!!!!

Cash Bar
03-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Cetrainly no Obama fan but I can still laugh at things...

Try this at the 1:15 mark and let it roll..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-0xu-Go4GA

Buoy
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Think that maybe he's flying around giving speeches, TV addresses, and late night TV shows because he's deathly afraid to go to White House and actually deal with the mess?
Maybe I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

Ratickle
03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Think that maybe he's flying around giving speeches, TV addresses, and late night TV shows because he's deathly afraid to go to White House and actually deal with the mess?
Maybe I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

I think he's a puppet and Pelosi's in charge....

I do hope I'm wrong though

Buoy
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I think he's a puppet and Pelosi's in charge....

I do hope I'm wrong though

That's a scary thought.

phragle
03-20-2009, 09:16 PM
so if china and the middle east stopped buying us debt, we would be bankrupt instantly, , looking at it that way as the us is in bad financial shape and must be bailed out by taxpayers do to there inability to be fscally responsible....

how loud would people be screaming if the CEO of AIG, took 2 company jets, loaded them up with security, support staff, his car etc and flew across country to tell jokes on late night tv, all paid for by AIG using bailout money...

people would be screaming in the streets demanding a lynching.

Thats exactly what Obama just did.

Ratickle
03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
so if china and the middle east stopped buying us debt, we would be bankrupt instantly, , looking at it that way as the us is in bad financial shape and must be bailed out by taxpayers do to there inability to be fscally responsible....

how loud would people be screaming if the CEO of AIG, took 2 company jets, loaded them up with security, support staff, his car etc and flew across country to tell jokes on late night tv, all paid for by AIG using bailout money...

people would be screaming in the streets demanding a lynching.

Thats exactly what Obama just did.

Or if we nationalized our debt, they'd be bankrupt instantly along with us.

Obama wastes money, all politicians do. They believe the rules apply to everyone else but them.

BlackJack58
03-20-2009, 10:58 PM
What? You're surprised something stupid comes out of a politician's mouth? If I had a dollar...